Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Harry Potter: Sorting Hat Quiz

2 years ago

Hello everyone.

I've just finished my first ever storygame. A Harry Potter Sorting Hat Quiz. If anybody likes Harry Potter then you will probably love this Quiz! Even if you don't like Harry Potter, I hope you all play it because it took me a long time and I'm really proud of it. I think everyone will enjoy it even if they haven't read Harry Potter before.

Please play the game and let me know what house you are in. I got Slytherin, which I'm really happy about because I am a huge Draco Malfoy fan. I bet I can guess what houses all of the main members will be in. I think that Mizal will be in Ravenclaw and TharaApples will be in Griffindor and Endmaster will be in Slytherin with me. Have fun playing everybody! Please tell me if you like the game or not.

2 years ago

End wouldn't be in Slytherin with you. You're more Hufflepuff than anything else.

2 years ago
I don't think I would be in Hufflepuff, but I might be in Ravenclaw.

2 years ago

So you got a specific result in a quiz you created yourself? Either you are retarded or you believe everyone else is.

2 years ago
Well, obviously. It's a sorting hat quiz, everyone's going to get into one of the four houses.

2 years ago

Apparently none of the choices matter because you always reach some: "Oh, I almost forgot! Hufflepuff?" Then you can basically just choose any of the houses even if you were some serial killer in the making. 

2 years ago

That's not what I meant but the point is moot because getting to a certain point in the quiz just takes you to a page full of broken html and then to a nightmarish wall of morse code. I recommend you unpublish it and see what went wrong.

2 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to add the link. Here it is.

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/harry-potter~3a-sorting-hat-quiz

2 years ago

It's broken

2 years ago
Oh no. It worked when I played it. I need to fix it.

2 years ago

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I think the broken links and html code are a deliberate stylistic choice, it's just not immediately obvious that it's on purpose since the game is trying to go for surreal horror.

2 years ago

I've read it a bit more and it's evident that the sorting quiz is just a medium to get to questions along the theme of "uncomfortable horror". I'm just not sure if the broken code and Morse code were intentional parts of that aesthetic or genuine mistakes.

2 years ago

In any case, I will uncharacteristically apologize, Lucy is not as bad as I thought. I'll try to be nicer from now on.

2 years ago
Thank you! That's very kind of you. I like making new friends.

2 years ago
Was Question 18 meant to be broken code or was it supposed to display something?

It is next to the Morse code page so maybe you were just going for weird glitchy behavior as Gryphon said.

2 years ago
I'm not sure what's going on. I'll ask my friend and see if they can help me fix it.

2 years ago
Lucy, I get the sense you might enjoy the Kelly Unicornstrider quiz, even if you have never seen the show.

2 years ago
I haven't seen the show but I'll play it. Thanks mizal.

2 years ago
This isn't about what hat I should wear at all. Color me disappointed :~(

2 years ago

MHD, you have already been correctly given a Marauder's helmet.  You're all set.

2 years ago
I just realised what the big mistake that everyone's talking about was. I put "Car of Magical Creatures" instead of "Care of Magical Creatures." Fixed it now. Can't believe I didn't notice that before I published it. I feel really stupid.

2 years ago

I got Hufflepuff.

Therefore, this storygame now has my official seal of approval.

Good job.

2 years ago
Congratulations on getting sorted into Hufflepuff! I know a lot of people don't want to be in Hufflepuff but it actually means that you're a really kind person.

2 years ago

I like Hufflepuff, so this was actually the ideal option.

2 years ago
Also Tonks was in Hufflepuff and she's one of my favorite characters in the book.

2 years ago

I have not read the books and the story from the movies kinda mixes together a bit but Cedric was my favorite character.

It's kinda weird that he is Batman now.

2 years ago
I cried when Cedric died.

2 years ago

That was indeed the reason that Goblet of Fire is tied with Prisoner of Azkaban for my favorite.

Just them poofing back and the crowd cheering and band immediately playing sends some sorta vibe. Cedric's dad had a really good actor too for that moment.

2 years ago

I just noticed something.

4/5/2022 -15 Admin. Penalty - Making Ogre accidentally shart himself

LOL! What?

2 years ago

You had 79 points so you actually ended up with more points in whatever happened there. 

2 years ago

We're not sure about the "accidentally" part, but we're giving him the benefit of the doubt for some reason.

2 years ago

I'm not.

2 years ago

It was more of an anger-induced panic shart

2 years ago
Lol, what did I do that made him angry?

8 months ago
Quick question...

.-- .... -.-- / - .... . / -.. . .- -.. / --. .. .-. .-.. .-.-.- ..--..

8 months ago
.- -. -.. / .-- .... -.-- / -.-. .- -. / .-- . / -. --- - / - .-. ..- ... - / .----. .... . .-. .----. / -.--. .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / -.-- --- ..- -.--.- ..--..