Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

I thought it would be fun to make a story game and I'm currently in the process of making one. Tips and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

The best advice I can give you is to just keep writing until you're happy with it. The more you write, the better you'll get. I would recommend writing a fairly short storygame for the first one so that you can get a feel for writing one. It would also be good to read a variety of both popular and unpopular games to see what works well and what doesn't work. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor!

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Hi guys! I'm dream. My friend showed me this site. Is there a way we could work on a game together?

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

would anyone like to make a game together? i don't really know how to start and could use some guidance.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Sure, I can be of help.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

cool. do you want to mke the story game or should i.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Continue this conversation in a PM, please.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

what's that

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

I wouldn't mind helping you make a game with you. I think I'd be helping more along the lines of editing and proofreading, and advice than the actual writing.

Also, PM stands for private message.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago
Welcome

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! It's great to have you here, and we hope you enjoy yourself and possibly make a storygame or two that will bring more quality to chooseyourstory. A good place for new members to start is the Help & Info Section so that you can check out the always-helpful articles! I recommend avoiding the advanced editor, because it can be a bit confusing for new users. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the moderators and we'll be happy to assist you. ^~^

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Leave the generic welcomes to Banner.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Welcome! 

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Welcome! Remember to start small for your first story and all will be well. Go through the articles on Storywriting in the Help & Info section for more useful info

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section.

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

Hello... I am new, and I am very excited to create a story! I have a great idea, and I actually wrote out the whole sequence of events which will happen, choices and the plot and characters. 

I just have a question: do you have to insert links to have choices in your story? 

I'm Newwww

7 years ago

... >_> That's kind of an assumed fact. Check out the Help & Info section.