Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Golden Years

5 years ago
Leora has been around for less than a year and always says nothing ever happens on the forums. As of the past year, I have to agree for the most part. Link some golden threads and webarchives of supremely funny or eventful threads worth revisiting.

How to hyperlink

Golden Years

5 years ago

Fuck off, faggot, no one cares. Boring cunts who complain about the world being boring are the worst.

Golden Years

5 years ago
I didn't say the world was boring. I said "nothing is happening on the forums." Ford overheard that and decided to make this thread. Personally, I find the world to be a constant source of energy and entertainment. My life is great.

Golden Years

5 years ago

"There are no bored people, only boring people." - Jesus

Golden Years

5 years ago

Weird to finish on "My life is great". Perhaps a bit telling.

Golden Years

5 years ago
Telling of what? You say your life is awesome all the time. Since your post was essentially saying I was bored with the world, I see nothing strange about pointing out that I enjoy my life. Therefore your implication that I'm bored with it isn't the case. I wasn't even bored with the forums in that scenario. I checked my phone and nothing new had happened in the past 24 hours. I said "Oh, nothing's happening on the forums," and went about my day. How Ford interpreted this as me "always complaining" is beyond me.

Golden Years

5 years ago
I find that to be the fault of boring people who are too lazy to post. Just like most things, you get what you put in.

I'm always encouraging people to make a thread when interesting things come up in the Discord but only a couple of people bother to respond usually, and those are usually people who are also in the Discord.

The people who matter have spent the last couple years focused on actually writing and publishing things too which also cuts down on forum activity. As usual I continue to have no idea what the rest of you do with your time here.

Anyway I've still got the Breezy thread somewhere, I'll dig it up this afternoon.

Golden Years

5 years ago
Not to say everyone in the Discord isn't lazy af either, let me make it clear that they definitely are.

I spent multiple days trying to get Corgi to copy and paste a single post from one of his threads to another so that I could delete the redundant one and he still hasn't. I suppose the thing to do would be to just delete both to show him I mean business but somehow I've fallen into this trap of being 'the nice admin' dispensing mercy and creatures to undeserving creatures who disappoint me anyway. (At least Corgi writes things.)

And then there's Sentinel who goes on and on about wuxia and blaxploitation films and weird animal facts and then when I go 'that seems cool and you describe it in such an entertaining way, you should make a thread!' he goes all forum shy for some reason.

Oh, also we had Claw stop by yesterday. Didn't post here of course, he went straight to the Discord. Idk maybe I should ban everyone awhile for their own good.

Golden Years

5 years ago

We have a thread complaining about the site being "dead/boring" every other month. Evidence always points to that never being the case. (We just had a thread involving a CYS-CoG shitstorm for fuck's sake)

Besides all that, I'm an admin here now so anyone believing that this site isn't going through a Golden Age right now is obviously a fucktard.

Golden Years

5 years ago
I mean if what constitutes a 'golden age' for some people is just the number of forum posts, then yes I can see how the loss of a bunch of retarded shitposters getting in slap fights or doing whatever the fuck autistic bullshit they got up to in Forum Games under the benevolent gaze of their pedo god could maybe hit them hard.

Golden Years

5 years ago

Pedo god?

Golden Years

5 years ago

Pedo Mod Kiel, keep up.

Golden Years

5 years ago

Oh, I did that.  If you scroll to the bottom of "The Kingdom" thread, you will see the piece I had put in "Kingdom Come" in there.  And since Kingdom Come is no longer on the thread list I am assuming you already deleted the redundant thread, and are being forgetful again.  Or someone else did and is scheming to make you look bad! :0

Golden Years

5 years ago
Either scenario is equally possible.

Golden Years

5 years ago
If the forums are slower now btw it might be because people are having four hour arguments in Discord about how competent Gandalf was that turn into world building and Silmarillion chat, the important question of what sort of eldritch being Tom Bombadil was, and then morphs into the always simple and straightforward question of what is evil, really.