Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Hi all,

Medium size update here. Updates that may be of particular interest are points 5, 8, and 12. Here’s the full list of what’s changed:

1. Top Games list for each year is now 10 instead of 15 stories.

2. If an admin gives you points or docks you points, you’ll receive a notification.

3. When you navigate to the Commendations page, it will not collapse My Stuff.

4. Usernames are properly linked in My Stuff > Comments.

5. You can now save a page in the editor without closing it.

6. The mistake about advanced/classic games has been removed from the New Game wizard.

7. Two broken article links have been fixed.

8. Orders have dashboard pages. You can access them by clicking on anyone’s order from their profile, or clicking on the orders in the About Us page.

9. Notifications can be accessed from My Stuff.

10. The pictures in the Help & Info > History page are no longer broken.

11. Adjusted Rating now properly only displays when you hover over Rating, not the other characteristics Difficulty, Length, Maturity.

12. When you hover over Length, you’ll see the approximated word count of the story.

13. Fixed the longstanding category link bug where categories with special characters were unreachable via the link on the game properties page.

I’d like to take this moment to ask people to really be clear in the Bugs & Problems section. Please give me as much information as possible, so that I have a chance to fix your problem. I’m sure I will have created some bugs in the course of building these changes!

Cheers,
3J

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Thanks for another update 3J!

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

The dashboards are a great idea, thanks a lot. 

v20170007 Update

7 years ago
Nicely done. I LOVE the dashboards! Now I can actually see who others are in my order, at least some of them.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Thanks! Note that titles don't update until the nightly cycle.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

We needed that notifications link. Amazing update, 3J.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Another great set of  changes.

Hmm. Just to make sure number 2 works, can I receive a number of points? Like preferably a hundred or so?

EDIT: Yup. That's to be expected. Notifications work great.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Thank you, 3J! I especially like number 5, though the entire update is super awesome! 

v20170007 Update

7 years ago
I had no idea how much I wanted number 5 until now. Nice to see all the other changes as well.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago
Yeah, might actually prevent lost page progress from time to time.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago
When you click on a order, the second heading says Recent Endorsement History. But that's just a small word problem, so not a big deal. Thank you for all your hard work, 3J, you're the best.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Good catch! Put it in the bugs and problems?

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

This might be a stupid question, but where is the top games list for each year?

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Go to a game, click the year it was created, you'll find a page. Not sure if there's like a page linking all years, though.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

Actually, something I just realized, why is it "Daily commendation"? There's not like one a day or anything.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

You might want to go read prior updates much more thoroughly.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

I'm getting real shit sick of you already having answered by questions, 3J. You're killing what little reputation I have here.

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

It will all go smoother if you just assume I'm right and then spend your time investigating to find out why ;)

v20170007 Update

7 years ago

These changes are definitely appreciated and helpful! Thanks again, 3J!