Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Server Upgrade in October

5 years ago
I know all of you are probably aware by now of the server hiccups the site's been having, if not actively pulling your hair out over it. Alex looked into it before but couldn't pinpoint the problem, but I've been in contact with him recently and so now I'm just passing the word on that he'll be upgrading all his servers in October.

This will hopefully fix the slowdown and other issues, so fingers crossed there and thanks everyone for being so patient.

There may also be some other changes coming soon. I don't know anything definite yet but watch this space.

5 years ago
Awesome! Thank you so much, the site crashes have been particularly annoying as of late.

5 years ago
Yay, now I can write on site without wanting to kill myself if it crashes midway through

5 years ago

Consider me excited. 

5 years ago

(Wags tail)

5 years ago
YEAAAAAAAH!

5 years ago
Good news :D

5 years ago

See it's a good thing I promoted Mizal to be the responsible admin that makes the proper sacrifices to the creator as opposed to just writing and abusing petty power.

5 years ago
Alex actually turned it to be a pretty chill and friendly dude so it turned out I cut all those hearts out for nothing.

Oh well, not like there's any shortage of virgins on this site.

5 years ago

yes

5 years ago
Great news! Now let's just hope the site manages to survive until then. Thank you Alexp for not forgetting about us completely, and thank you Mizal for the info.

5 years ago
Fantastic! This is sorely needed.

5 years ago
Look forward to it!

5 years ago
Cracking, thanks for the update Mizal!

Good news everyone!

5 years ago
I'll let Killa make a proper update thread when things have moved a little further along, but just to keep you all in the loop, in addition to the server upgrade in October, steps are being (slowly) taken to get him and Ogre access to the site code. It's a matter of getting it all transferred to GitLab and getting them set up with the tools they need still.

JJJ is officially retired from the coding side of things due to work and RL responsibilities now but will be meeting with them to help walk through some initial setup stuff, and there's also someone named Ben at Alex's company who will be assisting with the code transfer.

I mean don't hold your breath or anything but, at some point in the future something on the site probably almost definitely will be updated, I would nearly be willing to bet on it!

Good news everyone!

5 years ago
This isn't just good news, it's great!

Good news everyone!

5 years ago
Hard work!

Good news everyone!

5 years ago
Thanks, Mizal, for getting all of this rolling!

Good news everyone!

5 years ago
*Jumps up and down excitedly*

Good news everyone!

5 years ago

Thanks for your tireless efforts to make this a better site for Nerds the world over!