Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

being old as shit

3 years ago
It's been five years since [the NSG thread]. A lot of the active members are either, in terms of internet time, ancient or fresh out the womb; and not many in-between. There are people who are integral to the community who would not recognize 90% of the names 3J mentions in the first few sentences of the NSG thread let alone terms like MAG, WC, BHB, WHITE SAIL, Tavern, Mallots, Sporks, etc. There have been many who came, made their mark, and then left only to be remembered by some oldies who were active at the time. Others had a greater impact but were so early they are hardly remembered at all. Mods have risen and fallen in this timespan. And this is all within the last 5 years, some of us have been around and active for over 10 years now.

@BerkaZerka being one of the 3 "active" mods that existed at the time and "survived" to this day, is the NSG thread still relevant? Have we gotten all the boxes checked off? What do you think about the recent resurgence of toxic-and-proud that is being fostered?

@oldies with memory, who did you think was going to stick around for good before they left forever? Is CYS currently changing for the better or worse? Will there be another crackdown on telling people to kill themselves for being a faggot? Any memories to fill this godforsaken thread with nostalgia?

Personally, just looking at that thread is giving me a headache. WC was a poison that ran deep back then. Nostalgia from looking at old names and profile pictures comes with looking at any old thread. 3J is dead, Seth conned a bunch of us out of real life money, Kiel wasn't even a mod back then let alone banned and shamed for being a grooming pedo, and mardox is a shimmering transvestite now. I wonder, as a side note, what happened in late 2013 and early 2014 that made a lot of the 7-year-old-account gang join. There seems to be a lot of survivors from that era but not many from 2015-2018. I may be imagining things.

edit: it has been a long ass time since I made a thread in the lounge.

being old as dirt

3 years ago
We have definitely come a long way in the overall site maturity level. Focus on writing and quality have taken hold.

As for the toxic-and-proud thing, I think it has both its pros and cons.

being old as dirt

3 years ago
You get to say mods are gods. ^_^

being old as dirt

3 years ago
^Saying it, is immature. Not getting triggered by it, is mature.

being old as dirt

3 years ago
^_^

being old as dirt

3 years ago
Lol

being old as dirt

3 years ago
You also get to shove frogs up your ass ^_^

being old as dirt

3 years ago

muffled ribbit 

I find these jokes juvenile and offensive, to be frank 

being old as dirt

3 years ago
Hi Frank, I'm Dad. ^_^

being old as shit

3 years ago
There were floods of garbage children in 2013-2014 who were mostly here to roleplay. Out of sheer luck, a very small handful weren't cancer and then went on to blossom and grow into proper vets.

Some of the activity has lessened or moved to the Discord, but nobody misses all the weeby shitposting and floods of pure trash being published. The noobs we do get are much, much higher quality than ever before and quickly become important to the community. ( 2018 in fact brought us Cricket, Ninja, and Enterpride, just to list a few. )

being old as shit

3 years ago

I was definitely one of those garbage children.

Recently, when I came back to this site it felt like an entirely different one from what I remembered. So much changed since I created this account, it's kind of insane. No forum games, an influx of high-quality writers and some really good new storygames along with them. It's wild to think that I found this site through a Warrior Cats story (also wild that I somehow didn't get banned when I was much dumber)...

being old as shit

3 years ago

There was like multiple attempts at turning this place into CoG-lite. Thankfully that never happened for various reasons.

While it's generally accepted that Kiel (And Seth) being the main "rule enforcers" would be a bad thing, what isn't quite as realized at times is if 3J stuck around, this place would probably have a lot more rules about what you could and couldn't do in place since he was forever obsessed with this idea of "site appearance."

Amusingly 3J was convinced people like Berka, Will and a few others would leave and nobody would come here if CYS didn't "clean itself up"

Unsurprisingly that didn't happen, if anything we've gotten more than a few quality writers over the years since the dedicated "culture shift". Why? Because this place stands out as a genuine needed oasis of normalacy when pretty much every other writing site (let alone IF sites) have been covered by the flood of faggotry. (Yes, okay technically there are the IS forums, but those are dead and have been for like a decade now)

Obviously we don't want the place to become 4chan free for all, but how things are currently are just fine.

being old as shit

3 years ago
It's genuinely bizarre how I'm always seeing threads on other sites where an author wants to discuss something they're writing, and then the swarm arrives to dictate a thousand contradictory things they should and should not be writing about instead.

Now one might point out that an author rambling about what they're thinking of writing instead of just doing it is is a bit annoying, it always comes across as fishing for attention to me anyway. But then they go on to get cowed by other people's demands--and not even important people but any random fetcher who just wanted to go on a power trip telling someone else How It Should Be Done--and just seem incapable of standing up for themselves or having any confidence in their own ability. It's toxic as hell to any kind of creative process but somehow became accepted as normal.

Even Mara can't seem to break her programming from the other place despite having been here awhile now and done plenty of writing here.

being old as shit

3 years ago

Shit man, hard to believe that was five years ago lol. It feels simultaneously very recent and a thousand years ago. 

This is the best I remember the site being. This site is definitey juvenile sometimes, but it's way better to be juvenile than being a festering hive of turbo-homos like The Other Site. Also, big fan of our current admin staff, who are ten thousand times better than Grifter Mod Seth and Pedo Mod Kiel. 

being old as shit

3 years ago

I barely remember joining, but I'm glad I've stayed despite the blatant racism I've suffered here.

being old as shit

3 years ago

being old as shit

3 years ago

being old as shit

3 years ago
I'm still on the fence about joining this festering mass of uncontrollable writing madhatters...

being old as shit

3 years ago

Crazy times.

Thought Aman and Tans would stick around but they just moved to BHB.

Didn't think coins would stick around but here we are. 

being old as shit

3 years ago

Aman, Tan, ThisIsBo, Ugilick and Drakilian were pretty much the core of the old BHB days and it seemed like they all would be around, but they all sort of took off during the WC invasion which also included known spamming fucktards like Melissa, Honor4Ever, Scrappy, and other idiots.

being old as shit

3 years ago
Can't believe Melissa managed to survive to lurk around uselessly this long after all the shit he did tbh.

being old as shit

3 years ago
melissa did shit?

being old as shit

3 years ago

He posted jailbait links, broke threads with code, plagairized a story with an alt, spammed pointless chatbot links, and generally was an argumentive faggot on the forums.

Melissa would have definitely been banned had I been an admin at the time of when he was "active."

being old as shit

3 years ago
Breaking threads is a classic recreational activity.

being old as shit

3 years ago

Kiel and Seth were pretty old lurkers at the time before they became active, and I thought they were going to be around forever.

I also thought that Seth was going to make a visual novel. And I also thought that Kiel wasn't going to cybermolest children.

being old as shit

3 years ago
why did you think these things before they happened?

being old as shit

3 years ago

I also spend my free time contemplating which of my online acquaintances are likely to cyber rape young children... ... ... Can't accuse without proof though.

being old as shit

3 years ago

The premonitions came to me in a bad dream the day after Taco's kickstarter commissions thread.

being old as shit

3 years ago

Sometimes I forget that it's been five years since that thread. At the time, I was still in the Warrior Cat hole and somewhat still in hiatus. I didn't really expect all the mods at the time to persist until today, but I do think that CYS is changing for the better. At least, that's the hope. Of course, we were all scarily active back then and constantly churning out show-stoppers, but the community now, though small, is pretty tight-knit and getting more encouraging. Didn't know about Mardox's transformation, though. That's new and interesting.

being old as shit

3 years ago

being old as shit

3 years ago

Hand me the eye bleach, I'm going in.

being old as shit

3 years ago

Imgur is blocked at school. I'm seething at the thought of having to wait to do something until I get home.

being old as shit

3 years ago
Ah kids these days don't know how to get around a page block anymore ;) Seems there are some advantages to being old as shit.

being old as shit

3 years ago

I know a couple ways to get around it, but our school security software is ridiculous. Everything but Google, Cool Math Games, and this site is banned. Random io games also slip under the radar. My teachers have occasionally had to change plans in the middle of class because a video they wanted to show us or a website they wanted us to visit was blocked.

being old as shit

3 years ago
I'm disappointed he just bailed on the contest, I thought he was going for a redemption arc but he hasn't even logged in since Christmas.

being old as shit

3 years ago

"There's literally NO other practical purpose for that armor except to look like a huge faggot." - Sent

being old as shit

3 years ago
Anybody remember this cringefest? I sure didn't until I was searching something unrelated and this thread came up on google. Look at all those disgusting children doing disgusting children things. Disgusting.

Also gonna bring back Seto's funeral where a large portion of children gathered to mourn some dude who died of electrocution on the forums.

being old as shit

3 years ago
I couldn't even make it through the first one and I'm already at full cringe capacity for the week. I feel physically ill.

AYT was only 12, she cannot be blamed. But then there was Kiel, Delta, and Raven out in force and just eeeugh.

being old as shit

3 years ago

Berka X Aman 4eva!!! ^_^

being old as shit

3 years ago

Delta, Raven, and Kiel. Yep all the usual degenerates posting the most in that thread.

Going to give Will the benefit of the doubt that living in China has warped his perception of age of consent laws.

The Seto's funeral one is broken or at least it's saying it doesn't exist anymore.

being old as shit

3 years ago
cant fix well on mobile but if anyone wants it here's the link http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/21076

being old as shit

3 years ago

Banned DylantheWalker from that thread due to being an alt of a known fucktard.

(It's never too late)

being old as shit

3 years ago
Damn... looking through all of the chats, there's been so much history that I would never have even dreamed of happening here.

I stumbled along here when I was too bored of watching Youtube videos and was like "What's something fun I can do online?" and I was like "Choose your own adventure stories sound interesting" and this was the first link. I never really wrote anything since high school, and this community has already given me the motivation to do something I once enjoyed but kinda threw in the backburner as something I could do when I felt like it.

I've been going through a lot of the threads without too much chatting to see the atmosphere and I already love the vibe and the engagement even with a few hundred people online and even less chatting away in the forums. I'm more of a writer (despite my shitty grammar and punctuation skills) than a reader but I'm always open to do anything if anyone needs it.

For a site that's been going on for 20 years to date... congratulations on making it through the early internet age!!

being old as shit

3 years ago
Proposing for a 20th year anniversary special 0.o

Don't let me down!

being old as shit

3 years ago
Used to only be a bakers dozen or so people actively posting most days. These days the site needs to crash in the middle of the night in order to drop down to 1 or 2 members and 10s of guests online. Those low numbers used to be a regular occurrence without the need for technical difficulties though. Almost never see less than 100 guests online these days and ten or so members even in the dead hours. Crazy how nature do that.

being old as shit

3 years ago
Geez... awesome it's now bigger than it ever has been! That's awesome to hear!

being old as shit

3 years ago
I think there were at one point more than what Ford said, but the site lost a lot of people when JJJ purged Warrior Cats and freeform roleplay. But then you can't really call it a loss and you can't really call those posters "people."

being old as shit

3 years ago

Condensed CYS history thread

Link

being old as shit

3 years ago
So these "seasons" I assume were collaborative works amongst everyone in this forum, with everyone having their own part in them either warring with other community members or whatever?

Or are there other forum sites like chooseyourstory.com that are at war with each other?

Also, is this "Pedo" and "Grifter" stuff from the two actors actually true or part of the story?

being old as shit

3 years ago

Nothing quite so constructed. The seasons are condensed historical periods centered around main events. The tales are allegorical. Kiel and Brennon were groomers, and Seth took all the kickstarter money for his VN and erased his online presence.

being old as shit

3 years ago
oh fuck... that's actually fucked up tbh

being old as shit

3 years ago

The great irony was that Kiel was the one who banned brennon and contacted the necessary authorities.

being old as shit

3 years ago
LOL now that IS ironic!

being old as shit

3 years ago
Unfortunately, those are true parts.

EDIT: I see sent got in before me