Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Who am I and why should you care?

10 years ago
Like the multitude of others venturing about the internet, I'm essentially a nobody. Well, to you at least. You don't know me. So let's begin, shall we? I'm twenty-one years of age but have been told I'm wise beyond my years. I've also been told I'm an immature (insert your choice of curse here) so I'm not really sure which is correct. I like to think the former personally but who wouldn't? I won't bore you with every self-ingratiating detail of my life's story except the choice bits: practically abused as a child, tormented as a teen, and homeless as an adult. The adult bit was the worst so far. I've just recently found a stable place to live so yay for me. I deserve a cookie don't I? Being homeless taught me many life lessons, some of which I hope none of you ever have to learn. But as a result of my rather craptastic life, I have become jaded and somewhat bitter. I try not to let it show, I try to maintain a "positive mental attitude" but can't help but let my natural pessimism slip through. Go figure.

Anyway, in my senior year of high school I took a Creative Writing course because it sounded appealing. And oh was it. I never thought that I would actually find joy in writing, I had always took solace in reading but being able to create my own worlds and characters brought me to another level of comfort. It wasn't uncommon for me to make long, drawling, almost incomprehensible lists of all my ideas. Sadly, I never did anything with the material and it was lost while I was homeless. And my mind is no longer the vibrant hyperactive cluster*** it was when I was younger. I've written less and less as the years go by but one thing has always remained a great passion for me: role-play.

After a quick look through the forums I see that I can continue that passion here and maybe get started on a storygame of my own. I actually joined here over a year ago but I'm posting this now because why not?

10 years ago

Hi!

10 years ago

Welcome!!!

10 years ago

Welcome, here's you customary spork, given to new and returning users! The ceremony will begin shortly.

10 years ago

Does this ceremony involve disemboweling someone with said spork? When can we start?!

10 years ago

Oh yes, it involves the prying of several fetuses from the swollen bellies of the gutter whores dragged from Endmaster's basement! We then take the sporks and catapult-style fling them at target dummies! It's rather fun, but we need to find a way to sneak in without being killed by an angry Lich...

10 years ago

We're gonna need a sponge, a mallet, a cheese grater, some turnips, and a pink tutu if we want to get down there...

10 years ago

Are you sure you're not EndMaster?

10 years ago

I usually offered him some Zucchini Parmesan ad he kindly lent me a Chinese sex slave, but after having them returned with scars on their stomachs, heavily damaged post-pregnancy uteruses, and strangley replaced-looking intestines, he doesn't seem to trust me with them anymore. We'll have to steal one, or storm the Mexican Drug-Lord's caves. I hear they have sexually abused "eurotrash" all over the place in there. Maybe if we use anesthetics and knock them out, and they don't notice what we're doing, we can get a reward for finding them! Or Endmaster might realize that his Chinese Sex Slaves were mutilated for a good cause, and go back to letting me spork their stomachs open.

10 years ago

Welcome to the site  =)

10 years ago

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your time here

10 years ago

Well, that was a very realistic way to solve the problem of addressing your life to us quickly...Whether or not you are kidding (I would like to think so), we welcome your passion. I'm Leo

10 years ago

Unfortunately, no. I'm not kidding about my life.

10 years ago

Welcome to the site.

10 years ago

Well Hello! Don't mind me much, I'm neither faded nor jaded, just a kid with a pen and a pad and a big imagination. Hope you enjoyed your first year and continue to enjoy the next, and the one after that yes

10 years ago

Dave says Hi!

10 years ago

who's Dave??.....

oh and hello

10 years ago

Thank you all for your kind welcome, I really appreciate it. Even if it is over a year late to be introducing myself as a noob XD

10 years ago
Welcome to the site. My name is masky. Pleasure to meet you palewhiteshadow.

10 years ago

Welcome to the site!
(I know, crappy welcome compared to your long introduction post...)

10 years ago

Mm. My life left some mental scarring on me, too. I've never been homeless, but I had a few close shaves. I know what it's like to live well, but I also know how it is to wonder where your next meal is coming from, or if it's coming at all. I've experienced abuse... according to one psychologist, I apparently had similar emotional scarring to a kidnapped child, only... I was never kidnapped, just a prisoner in my own home.

I think it's safe to say, that after what we've experienced, we both have much older souls than our ages suggest... but neither of us really got a chance to experience our childhood, hm? If you learn how to be an adult too soon, you never really learn to be a kid. That's why neither opinion of you is correct, calling you mature or childish is only ever half the truth.

Writing was my way of escaping into a world I had some control over. A world where I wasn't confined by walls and windows and fear, or  the struggle to survive--where I could be whatever I wanted to be. I also have an intense appreciation for role-play. If you have an idea and need a partner for it, feel free to drop me a line. I look forward to seeing what you can do.

10 years ago

Jaded? Pessimistic? 

You're going to love it here.

10 years ago

^^ Indeed, haha

10 years ago

Welcome.

10 years ago

Maybe you'd like Eternal, maybe you'd not?

Go read EndMaster's stories, because that's about as good as it gets around here.

10 years ago

Well, Endmaster's stuff is great and all, but my favorite story is still the first storygame I played here: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/mommy,-can-i-go-out-and-kill-tonight~3f

10 years ago

I've actually been here for over a year and I started with EndMaster, I've actually read all his stuff. I JUST finished Eternal completely, now I'm at a loss for what to do. My personal favorite of his is LoveSICK, though. The more fucked up the better XD

10 years ago

Welcome to the site man. ^_^

Have you read Secret of Daphne yet? It's one of my site favorites.

10 years ago

Welcome! We're always glad to have new members and it seems your grammar is already stellar, which will get you far in this community!

10 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS, hope you enjoy your time here.

@Fergie, you do realize there is an auto correct? I suspect most people use it. lol

10 years ago

Welcome! It's a real pleasure for you to introduce yourself and share so much about yourself even after so long. I hope that you find a good fit within the roleplayers and storygamers here. Also, I took a peek at your profile. Glad to see another person with a fondness of balut and Filipino cuisine here.

10 years ago

PWS is actually the guy who wanted me to have more graphic stuff and applauded the first baby throwing scene that I forgot that I even wrote in Eternal originally.

Never let it be said that I don't listen to reasonable requests.

Anyway here's a song that I'm sure will make him feel more at home here.

10 years ago

Really? Huh

10 years ago

ignore the tentacles coming through your screen and wrapping aroud your neck. I brought cookies.

10 years ago

Very well written if I do say so myself, and in fact if I read it all I'm sure I would know a lot. Sadly in my old man age I cannot read much more than four words before my eyes turn to dust...

10 years ago

Can you read this sentence without going blind?

Zorch

10 years ago

Ain't not nobody can't not fail to read that there with out having to get going blind.

Zorch

10 years ago

Even in my old man age, I couldn't have typed it any better myself.