Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Ello! Another newcomer...

10 years ago

Hi, you guys, I'm Katy, and I just joined the site today. (:  In the past, I've really liked story-based games and interactive fiction, so I'm excited to have stumbled upon the page.

Feel free to leave me game suggestions.  I'm eager to find a really good one.

Hello!

10 years ago

Just a minor heads-up, we're experiencing a lack of mods and a spammer right now, so if you get any weird posts or stuff of that nature, you have been warned.

Now with that out of the way...

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Please do read the articles (you can start with the one explain the forums ;) ) for help, and don't be afraid to ask for advice on creating storygames on the Writing Workshop!  Chat idly about whatever you want in the Lounge, and do check out the Parlor Room for recent CYS releases!

Well, so much for enthusiasm...

Just enjoy the site while you're here, and again, welcome.

DO NOT JOIN ANY OF THOSE DAMNABLE FACTIONS BECAUSE THEY WILL TAKE HOURS OF YOUR LIFE FOR NOTHING.  I KID YOU NOT, THESE PEOPLE HAVE LITERALLY DAYS TO BURN.

10 years ago

Welcome to the site, Katy! Hope you enjoy your time here,

As for recommendations, anything that is featured is worth taking a look at, but I personally really like Endmaster's stories and the secret of Daphne ^_^

10 years ago

You don't seem to be a TSR clone, so I like you :D welcome chick!

10 years ago

Welcome, here's a spork It's not even a faction anymore. It protects you from... Well, nevermind. They're the ultimate weapon, basically. Read Eternal, if you can find the time, it's good, and if you feel like trudging through some utterly braindead crap, you can read my story, which is essentially a combination of shameless cyber-bullying and awestruck admiration of the original.

And then there's Order of the Midnight Sun, also pretty good.

And don't worry if you get blasted by visions of arseholes and other anatomy in the forums, wash your eyes out and don't mind them. We've recently been attacked by a troll...

10 years ago

Thanks, guys, for the troll warning!  And I'll check out the games you've listed. :)

10 years ago
Welcome to the site. Your lucky to have arrived when everyone wasnèt thinking everyone else was a tsr clone. He's a troll we've reasontly had and the admins are busy with their real lives so can't come on often and this is why I think the site should have an ip bann.

10 years ago

GIRLS ARENT REAL.

ITS TSR.

I KNOW IT.

I blame everyone for this.

They said "Oh tsr isn't that bad lets try to change him' AND THIS SHIT HAPPENS GOD DAMNIT -insert more useless swearing here-

10 years ago

Are girls really so rare on here?

10 years ago

There's definitely more males than females, but it's more of Jihelu being weird XD

10 years ago

Haha, I was wondering why so many of the romance games seem to be BxG....

10 years ago

Actually we have a decent ratio - though you'll find that many female authors also choose to make the protagonist a male.

10 years ago

Of the active forum members? No, on the top of my head we have like, 5 females? Definitely more males on the forums. (Though some are ambiguous, so there's that.)

As for writers, probably equal though haha.

10 years ago

I didn't know I was weird.

I just thought "General ass wipe' was more appropriate.

10 years ago

I was being polite, Jihelu ^_^

10 years ago

I know.
I was just commenting on how I'm really stupid. X3

10 years ago
Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay! :D

10 years ago

Only one way to know if you are a troll or not 

*Downloads pic and asks /b/ for sauce*

10 years ago

I used google to search for it and found nothing.

Meaning they simply cropped it or google failed me.

10 years ago

Haha, you mean you checked to make sure my avatar wasn't a stock photo being used by a troll?

10 years ago

Basically. STill waiting for 4chan-sama to reply, or the other guy. I'm too lazy to get on the chans

10 years ago

Welcome! If you're interested in writing interactive fiction, I highly recommend checking out Twine. ^_^

10 years ago

You're getting paid to support Twine. I'm sure of it now!

10 years ago

Out of their copious revenues, no doubt. XD

10 years ago

They must have roped Morgan in - now she's wrapped around their fingers and hanging by a thin strand of sanity. It really pulls on the heartstrings to know that they have fed her such a line...

10 years ago

>Roped in

>Bdsm
Illuminati

10 years ago

You've got it wrong. Obviously Twine is secretly a mustache supporter website.

10 years ago

IM DONE!

*flips table*

10 years ago

Welcome kaleidokaty - try making your own story games - it's fun stuff!  =)

10 years ago

Why do you put links to people's profiles in the introduction thread? It makes me click the link, thinking it might be a link to something different, and sends me in circles.

10 years ago

I just copy and paste their name off their profile pic - because I'm too lazy to look at how to spell it haha!

10 years ago

Hi welcome. General advice that I can give is don't troll, spam, and think about your stories before you publish. So yeah welcome have fun.

10 years ago

Woah, you deleted the whole thing. Little did you know, it was all a plan to see how powerful you are Berka.

10 years ago

It probably would help if you didn't contribute to the current spam problem that Berka has to clean every minutes from the troll siege.

It's getting really bad when I'M becoming a voice of reason around here...

10 years ago

... I haven't been on here in two weeks. What happened?

10 years ago

Typical troll problems. If you randomly see anus-pictures in a post, you'll know what we're talking about :P

10 years ago

Oh, I'm sorry guys. I was just being a troll myself. I shouldn't have been so annoying.

10 years ago

Yep, thanks for being understanding about it ^_^