Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

If you were in the wealthiest 1%, and never needed to work, what would you do?

I'll give my answer after some others go. ^_~

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

The same thing I do now, just without having to interrupt it for work.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

^_^

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
I certainly wouldn't bust my butt everyday just so that I could eat.  Honestly, I'd probably move from shiny to shiny even more so and get even less done with my time.  I wouldn't quit working hard, though, because I only sleep well on nights when I'm completely exhausted.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the world.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Nice. Travel is definitely on my hit-list, too. I hear you on the shinies, though... XD

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Run for president. Offer to build a wall. Profit.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

9_9

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I would start a charity to give correctional surgery to all the suffering souls with bent-ass, mutant eyelids. No longer shall ^.^ and *.*'s visions have to suffer because their eyelids are shaped wrong.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

...ex effin' dee, man. ^_~

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
Not go to work.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I Would spend the money I have on something that I never could have when i was poor. If it leaves me in poverty than at least I don't have to become rich again to get said reward.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Run for President and prey on people's xenophobia to get elected. 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
9_9

[insert Lying Cat meme here]

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

On the Internet nobody knows you're Donald Trump?

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I'd buy a mill building... ideally one of the really beautiful old ones... and start an incubator for indie game devs.

Also, travel, and work on my own creative projects, too. ^_^

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

How do you incubate game devs?

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Well, first you get some chickens, obviously... XD

Okay, I'll be serious. How familiar are you with Silicon Valley start-up culture? You've maybe heard of angel investors? Or maybe not, if you don't pay much mind to entrepreneurship...

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

... I watch Silicon Valley, I know what's up. (But nah, I actually live here)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Sister, I've just come from a fire! XD 

. . . Prolly no one else has seen that movie.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Nope! Title?

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Accumulate wealth by exploiting capitalism for all its worth. 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

...right. This question posits that you have all the money you could ever want. THEN what?

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Get more money, obviously. Can't be too careful. Besides, it'd be fun to deprive the world of its riches XD but even then I'd probably just live like normal, except being able to buy what I want when I want it and not have some shitty job. I would say that I'd donate a large sum to some charity, but I'm unsure of whether I'm that nice of a person :P 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Huh. I guess I've always seen money as a resource and not a score, in the game of life. But you do you! ;P

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
I've always seen it as more of an albatross.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

...wow. Love the metaphor. Not my experience, but I think I see a glimmer of what you might mean.

Wish I could have you join my little band of misfits, here in the Valley... but I don't actually have that kind of money. Just daydreaming, here...

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
Don't get me wrong, I would love to be rich.  I'm always daydreaming about all the "deserving" people I could help if only I had enough "extra".  But, for now, I'll just have to settle with helping neighbors the old-fashioned way — by the sweat of my brow.  I just can't bear the thought of having to step on someone else to get there.

It can be both a blessing and a curse, though, because you have to slave to get it — and then to keep it.  I have more important things to think about and to do with my time, just sayin'...

...and it's too bad that I can't surround myself with more like-minded individuals.  :(

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Well, if I ever get my mill, I'd love to have you set up shop in it.

In all serious: I know you have your own community, but I kind of get the sense that you might be happier elsewhere... and, well, I live in a good area. We've got farmers & geeks, artists & freaks... and, well... angels. Metaphorically speaking, of course. ;)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
I've never felt comfortable tethered to one spot.  It could probably be attributed to wanderlust, but this is the longest I've ever spent in one place.  And as they say ... the grass is always greener, right?  ;)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I've heard that one, yes. But while I hope to travel... I think the Pioneer Valley will always be my home. <3

I do hope, for real, that my housemates & I can eventually have a house with a guest-room. It would be nice to be able to invite people to stay with us, the better to see the greenness of our grass & the flaming brilliance of our foliage...

...and, of course, our oh-so-charming snowstorms. ;)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
I just did an image search and saw some impressive photos (mostly autumn and winter).  I might go for a drive and check it out, sometime.

Then I repeated it for the Ozark Mountains...  Sometimes I forget to take a step back and appreciate what I have.

Fair warning, though, it's never taken much enticing for me to pull up stakes and set out for new horizons.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Work.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Walk around the world, write about it, build a giant water slide from a fifth floor bedroom to a ground floor bathroom, buy a few Caribbean Islands, buy a half-built construction site and convert it into a paintball arena, finance research into efforts to combine the bat and the dog into one animal, do the obligatory charity thing, purchase a professional knife-thrower to deal with door to door salesmen and also double as my personal butler like a Bond villain, build an underwater hotel for celebrity guests and also buy tigers and lions, build a Hunger Games style arena and see who will win in a fight to the death (my money's on the tigers)... give me time and I can think of more things :)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

>:(  leave those poor tigers alone.

One on one, I think you're right, tiger beats lion.  But lions are cooperative hunters, & tigers are solitary.  

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I like your style... right up 'til you brought in the tigers. Not that I don't love the big cats, but I'd never want to see them pitted against each other unnecessarily. :/

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

But him killing salesmen with knives didn't ring any warning bells?

Merry Christmas, everyone. :P

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Don't be silly, Malk. All the really good knife-throwers can be trusted not to kill anyone. You just want to scare the salesmen off. ^_~

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

My only question is :

How the hell are door-to-door salesmen will get to your private islands?  (Assuming you're going to spend 90% of your time there when it's not hurricane season or vacation in a ski lodge)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I'd probably act completely insane and not give a fuck. 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

XD

What brand of insanity? I'm personally familiar with several! ;)

Hypotheticals

8 years ago
I'd go get myself a warm doughnut and say "good job, me."

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Excellent choice. ^_~

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I have a list!

1. Start a multi-million dollar company that specializes in Arms Manufacturing

2. Sell Weapons to the army and private industry

3. After gaining much fame, go tour Afghan/Syria with the army

4. Get ambushed by terrorists using my own weapons and get seriously injured

5. Get captured by said terrorists

6. Use my technological expertise to put myself back together

7. Make a suit of armor with said expertise to escape said terrorists

8. Return to America and build a better suit

9. Fight crime

10. Profit

11. Reveal to the world that I am Iron Man

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Haha! Love it. XD

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

1. Become an engineering Genius

2. Get angry at the world for having dead parents.

3. Learn every martial art.

4. Travel to China and beat up prisoners.

5. Become a trained Ninja.

6. Get captured by an offensive Asian stereotype meant to represent the Vietkong.

7. Be forced to build the ultimate weapon.

8. Build a mechsuit that looks like a bat and throws sharp boomerangs out of its hands.

9. Ask for uranium to power the device

10. A spider in the cave gets cancer from my radioactive antics and won't stop biting me until I pay its medical bills.

11. Make a ring out of the uranium and swap it out for one of the ten magic rings that the offensive, flourescent yellow Vietkong guy has.

12. Use the ring to power the mechsuit.

13. Beat the hell out of everyone.

14. Return to America and realize that I can climb on walls because I have microscopic hairs on my palms and sploodge webs out of my wrists.

15. Vomit.

16. Build a better suit.

17. Build a super car.

18. Fight an insane chemical terrorist and alien warlord who flies around on a tiny airplane and throws grenades, and is also posing as a corrupt psychologist, who also happens to have an army of ninjas with magic rings and Liam Neeson.

19. Kill the villain by dodging the tiny plane and causing him to impale himself against the wall of a train which falls into a sewer and explodes.

20. Build a better suit.

21. Fight a makeup-wearing clown serial killer and expert bomber who wears a giant mechsuit with octopus arms and laser whips. He has an army of thugs and war robots of death, and is only defeatable with the help of a sassy black friend in a robot suit.

22. Kill him by hanging him upside down on the side of a building and causing his mechsuit to explode, neutralizing the exploding mini-star he created with a metal that doesn't exist.

23. Build a better suit with an alien enhancing it.

24. Fight a charming billionaire anti-philanthropist who is ambiguously Russian and an avid user of steroids, posing as the evil Fu Manchu that captured me earlier, who can turn himself into a giant sand monster of death. He also has an army of steroid-using terrorists, and regenerative mutants that turn red and blow up.

25. Reject the alien because it's evil and uses mind control to turn me into a douche.

26. The alien turns to the dark side and turns the charming billionaire anti-philanthropist into a horrifying oily monster.

27. Use rebars to vibrate the alien to death.

28. The Russian guy reveals that he has captured the fucking president and tied him to an oil well with a nuke attached to it. Then he beats me in hand-to-hand combat because he is also a ninja.

29. The Sassy black sidekick in a mech-suit shaped like a cat kills him using a motorcycle with shotguns on it.

30. The explodey guys and steroid terrorists come in and try to stop me from saving the president.

31. I destroy them using an army of ninja mech-suits that I had secretly been building before the movie started.

32. I save the president and then retire by getting my super-car to turn into a plane which I use to fly the nuke over the ocean before exploding it.

33. My sad butler goes on a vacation to italy and notices me having dinner with the sassy black sidekick.

34. Either I admit to the world that I am the Green Spatironman or I am asked to join a legion of superhuman adventurers to defend the earth from the tyranny of Norse Gods.

35. Life fulfilled.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Not nearly enough having sex with several spandex wearing females dressed like various animals for you.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I don't need that. I'd be banging a sarcastic, charismatic secretary, a well known supermodel actress, some Russian lady who turns out to be the first villain's daughter, and some other chick on the side.

And the alien would also cause me to presumably fuck and then salsa-dance  with a blonde reporter to get back at the supermodel actress for cheating or some shit, and then she'd probably become a ninja-mechsuit sidekick along with the sassy black sidekick, and then get crippled from the waist down and learn upper-body kung fu, but the get poisoned and kill herself. Actually, fuck that. It's too much work. If I bring all the shit from the Arkham games into this, then I'd have to combine it with all the iron man and spiderman games too..

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

...as originator of the thread, I believe I am entitled to say: You, sir, have won the thread. I not only literally lol'd, I had to explain why I was laughing so hard to curious onlookers, aka my immediate family. XD

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Good. Get them to sign a petition that forces Nolan to make this!

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

*parades around carrying the trophy as the winner of the thread, sticking tongue out at sent* 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Oi, give me that! I have a fucking magic batman mecha!

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

"...okay, I just lied to Sent, because you actually win the thread."

Apparently Morgan likes the prospect of world peace and science/schools/those in poverty getting a big boost more then magic batman mecha things.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Apparently Morgan likes the prospect of capitalist extortion, tyrannical, omnipresent dictatorship, faux utopias that cannot be enforced without some horrific downsides, (E.G. To get enough money to buy the world, you would have to drive untold hundreds into starving poverty, buy and sell things that shouldn't ever be bought or sold, and start violently conquering places that refuse to be bought, and basically own all the money in the world. (Which people could then just choose not to validate and make their own money again, because they are the many and you are the few.)) rampant overpopulation, and the inevitable corruption of the earth after you're dead by a power-hungry successor who will either cause the earth to collapse into civil war and/or make human life their plaything.

That's infinitely better than magic batman mecha things that save countless lives from fucking alien ninjas.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Don't squabble, children....

....by which I mean, carry on, because you're adorable. ^_~

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Glad that I birthed this.

Ten outta Ten.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I don't know, probably just do nothing but play piano and video games, and use my wealth to impress females. It would be nice having a few dope ass suits though. Also, hire a professional chef to cook me pho for at least half my meals.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

pho4lyfe

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Honestly, it is my theory that I could eat pho for literally every meal, and as long as I ate the bean sprouts I would not die of any malnutrition.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Do a bit of capitalist work, and be 50x richer then the second-richest person and have a higher salary. Buy the world, make it a utopia. Or at least the best I could do. All that money previously having been going to wars, and then all the excess money I'd have after buying the world, would go to science (making people's lives better/longer/healthier, and shooting for the stars), schools, and bringing all the people in poverty up to middle-class level. 

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

...okay, I just lied to Sent, because you actually win the thread.

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Mwuhahahahahahahahah....

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

Illuminati confirmed

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

*while bringing new heights to wealth such as terraformed Mars property to make an Elysium equivalent settlement.

"Hypotheticals"

8 years ago

So, did you run into some money?

Hypotheticals

8 years ago

I'd run for prime minister.