Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'd like to practice my art skills, and I figure I may as well do something other people might appreciate, so I'm opening this thread for requests. No guarantees that I'll actually do all of them -- odds are good that I won't, actually. But hopefully I'll be able to do some.

Please be as specific as possible, and feel free to link to images for reference.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Could you draw a Dreadnought kneeling before a gigantic statue of a  two-headed eagle statue? (working on a WH40k storygame and need illustrations)

Thanks, Morgan. Your art giveaways are always the best. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Style of Dreadnought? There appear to be several.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

The Ultramarines Dreadnought, please. It's the blue-grey one, second illustration from the top. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hodor

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Did a sketch. Which I hate, but that's par for the course with me and my 'art.' Let me know what you think. If you like it, I'll do the finish. If not, suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

It's lovely. Thanks so much. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...dammit, now I actually have to finish it. >_<

I mean... thanks, glad you like it so far. XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...hope you like it more than I do. >_<

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Exactly what I was picturing in my head. Love it. Thanks, Morgan

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You're welcome, & glad you like it. ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Is this because of me? *flutter flutter*

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Nope! Sorry to disappoint.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

A ninja with a game controller livestreaming on twitch. They're wearing a wig on top of their mask, trying desperately to imitate the streamer they just killed a few seconds ago so that they don't get caught, (the streamer is crumpled up in the corner full of ninja knives) but, being a ninja, they can't talk, so they're just gesticulating very wildly at the screen and eyeing the camera.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Too complicated for me, but thanks for the attempt.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I think that was the point. XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Tempted to ask if you'd take over the request I had for Quiller... hm...

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Can't hurt to ask!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Have you had a chance to play either of my games? (<-- Not guilting you, relevant to the request, lol.)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Morgan then immediately rushed to quickly play through them.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Bwuahaha... "rushed" through my games? You're funny, Steve. ;P 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Sorry, I haven't actually played them yet. Horror & dystopia aren't my favorite genres... though I have every intention of making an exception for your games, since they're so well-regarded. Just... haven't gotten to it yet. Sorry!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

No problem. There's a character from both games that I'd like to see drawn. Talking about said character too much would spoil parts of the game, though... rain-check maybe? Or if you're too busy, I understand. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Rain check for sure. I've been wanting to get back into playing more games, so I'll just bump yours to the top of the list. ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Black leather

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago
draw cute bunny :3

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...thanks. XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'm curious to see whether or not you are able to draw something similar to this style. The character's name is Akko and she's the protagonist of an animated film called Little witch academia.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'd be willing to try. Is there a specific pose you wanted?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Oh, thank you! Just your acknowledgement of my request has made me quite enthused. Umm, for the sake of simplicity... peace sign?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Not an exact match for the style, but I hope you like it anyway!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Oh my, this is quite accurate. ^^ It's very lovely, thank you. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You're very welcome! Thanks for participating. ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

It was nothing really, I'm really appreciative of this. n.n 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hey! You're back :)

Do you want to draw two platonic penguins with top hats?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

At one point I actually thought those were fish. Why are people stupid?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...the temptation to make them an adorable gay penguin couple might be too strong. XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Whatever floats your boat (shipping pun intended).

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

:D

...okay, that's at the top of my list now. ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Yay, gay penguins. :D (There should be a wedding arch, since they're already in their tuxedos. :3)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

There are not words for how deeply offensive and racist that is.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You've got one ref pict as my current image.

And this too.

And this also.

Or you can draw Kaya and Perdana from that old forum game.  Would be interesting.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I really like the coloring & shading used for those drawings.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Thank the ones that drew it; I just hired them :P

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Oh I know, I wasn't specifically praising you but whoever the artists were that created those drawings. 

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Can I get some info on colors for the female character with the book? Skin/hair/eyes & clothing colors. Also, is her skirt supposed to be tattered, or...?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

That's Thinslayer's character.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Ford: "draw cute bunny"

That's what I was actually going to ask, I need an illustration for a work of literature I'm writing. A detailed black and white sketch of him maybe painting or just standing there would be nice.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...you want the cute bunny to be painting? Are we talking a dressed-up anthropomorphic bunny, or...?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Anthropomorphic, yeah, he can be dressed up or not whichever you choose

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Drat. I liked her pose. Same info for yours?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Daughter (bet you thought they were siblings, eh?) has dark auburn hair with reddish highlights, blue (cerulean) eyes, and light olive skin.

The father has either black or very dark blue hair and a less-than-carrot tan.  Peridot green eyes.

The solo portraits are androgynous, with black hair, cerulean eyes, and fair skin.  Will post links to clarify hood colors.

Option 1. Replace green colors with cerulean.

Complimenting Option 1.

Likewise with Option 2.

Compliment for Option 2.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Cool. Any props for the solo portrait character? Or suggested pose, if I were to do a full-body version?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Draw something nice for me...like a portrait of how you think I look like. That'd be fun!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Notice me Senpai

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*reads profile*

Female angel with black wings & hair? I can give it a try... any specific requests for costuming?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'd like for you to get creative. As a fellow artist, I think you should try your hand on something you think would fit the character!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

...creativity is not my strong point right now. >_<

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*nudge* cmon.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I know you got this, Morgan. Do your owl-y stuff.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*pokes Morgan with stick*

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

-Calls PETA and the PC Police on your intolerant ass for beating a gay owl with a stick-

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*bites the stick*

I stand by my previous statement. If I'm feeling more creative in the near future, I'll come back to you.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

A'ight. Hope that's soon *wink*

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Just a quick sketch of a cow?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

And a quick sketch of a chicken too :)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Mm, Delish' ous.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

What!? Are you a cannibal?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

No, I disguise my true self in a chicken outfit to blend in with my prey. Nobody would ever suspect me muahahahahaha.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

o_O

...if I'd known you were gonna use it as an avatar, I might've put some actual effort in. Do you want a different background color so it reads better at that size?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Sure, up to you.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

[hideously ugly sketch of cow removed]

>_<

...I'll try again later, maybe.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Please draw the Doom Marine. PLEASE.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Unlikely. Not my thing, and I don't see any reason to create sub-par art of something that already has really well-executed art.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hmm....what about your take on a super-soldier type guy? I'd love to see you draw it, bad or good.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'll consider it.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

If you do, a robotic exoskeleton would be a nice touch.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Nevermind.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Incidentally, the protagonist of my visual novel is named Morgan. Maybe it's fate.

http://i.imgur.com/HhCgTEM.png

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

That is a NICE looking hitman.

Or hitwoman.

I don't know what the term is, I'm not an assassin.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Thanks! My character artist did a great job with the design. And she's not a hit(wo)man, she's a...security consultant...

(She works for a private military corporation, so she's more like a mercenary.)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

"Secretary Consultant"?

Mmm hmm.

(Whatever floats your goat)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Security consultant is such a wonderful euphemism! Although she does bodyguard jobs and such things most often, not hits.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Damn auto correct, sorry.

... then why is she holding a silenced pistol and wearing gloves?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

She's holding a silenced pistol because guns are very loud and she doesn't want to damage her hearing. She's wearing gloves because she's a sorcerer and her hands are covered in magic tattoos, which people tend to find stranger than gloves.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Reminds me of HeroMachine...

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

The portraits have a pretty simple style because they're animated, so having dark shadows would look weird for extreme movements. Although I've learned that extreme animations are really hard to do anyway, so maybe we could have gone for a more detailed style...

But yeah here are a couple examples of different expressions at least so you can get the idea:

http://www.projectbc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/db_1.jpg

http://www.projectbc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/db_5.jpg (please note her head and body are at a different angle here; that was very annoying to set up)

http://www.projectbc.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/db_6.jpg (her head is tilted up, which was also annoying to do)

I wanna animate her going into a firing pose and folding her arms and stuff, but I think it's gonna be too hard and I'm just gonna have to get my artist to redraw the arms. :/

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Nice. This is kind of a case where I don't think I can improve on the original art, though...

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You're just giving out art, owl lady?!

WHY THE HELL DID I ENTER A CONTEST?!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Have a portfolio or something so I can check out the kind of art you do first?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Nope! Feel free to watch the thread to see what people get, though.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Midna, from Zelda Twilight Princess.

Posed like this

On wolf-Links back.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

This is like, the third time I've seen you post this.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

The man knows what he wants. To an eerily specific degree.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*woman

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

*girl

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

2nd. Ignored the first time.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

;-;

You didn't have to say that...

for all you know I might still be working on the structure...

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Totally planning to do this one, FYI. ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago
I think my request will be to have you unchibify some characters I made up before.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Could've sworn you said uncubify instead of unchibify...

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Fine, no ninja!? An adorable baby cow, (Or, rather, an adorable blob monster shaped vaguely like and pretending to be an adorable baby cow,) "grabbing" an adorable little chicken and eating its feet off adorably.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

YOU MONSTER, HOW COULD YOU?!!!!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Chickens are delicious, does it matter where you start?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You speak true wisdom, my Scottish friend, I have nothing against eating chickens.

What I DO have against are hideous thick-headed bovines devouring MY beloved prey.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hey, cows are nice! Some of my favorite ex-girlfriends are cows! *Painful, off-key rimshot, finger guns, instantly wears tweed  tuxedo.*

Besides, it's a blob-monster/beanie baby pretending to be a cow in order to gain the chicken's trust. Totally not a real actual baby cow. Nope.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

^ If you could, Morgan, graciously fulfill Sent's wish that'd be extremely kind of you /o/
But I wish I could've seen the sketch you did before you took it off, I'm sure it was lovely yes

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

EDIT: It should be noted, that the blob monster, while it is a blob monster, definitely looks something like a baby cow, with spots and legs and and facial features and stuff. It's basically a beanbag animal, actually.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You come up with the WEIRDEST stuff, Sent.

...I'll do my best. XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Since Sky and I are known as 'Cow' and 'Chicken' respectively irl, I am very offended.

The Chicken Faction are mass-rioting in the streets right now at this blasphemy.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Look mate, chickens are delicious you betcha. Why do you deny our bovine friends this delightful food?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Because bovines deserve to be exterminated. Every last one of them.

(You're not supposed to know that though.)

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

(Then stop making it be publicly known you idiot.)

Is all this resentment from when I commented on Scout's ability to milk? Or your Pyro-maining (mphm-mmph)? Oh soz dude.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I could tell you exactly why I asked for this, but I don't want to spoil whatever image you've gleaned from this post. I need to see your interpretation! ^v^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago
There. Here's 2 of them if you wanna have a go.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Awesome. In the interests of successful unchibification... approximate age & general build?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago
Goth is 21 I believe, skinny build. average height. Greyskin is an demon, so her age wouldn't reflect her well. Her appearance would be late 20s/early 30s, build is thin but toned, below average height.

Names are Breanne and Zelda respectively.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hmm. Free art, you say?

May I please receive a more skillfully crafted image of my profile (The only drawing software I have at the moment is Paint)? Oh, and glowing blue energy in one hand, similar to Kiel_Farren?

Thanks!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

You're using Paint when stuff like GIMP and Paint.net are free..?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Lol. Yeah... I don't have enough space on my computer to download those. Well, I mean, I probably do... but I can't download them.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

FYI, I'm busy tonight & tomorrow, but will get back to this on Sunday! ^_^

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

George Costanza riding a giant bald eagle pls.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

What the fuck Morgan.

also this was a joke I just wanted to clarify that sorry for the small text if you're reading this without copy+pasting you're a god

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I guess I'm a god, then.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'm a god too! Whoopee!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

SteveBacon A grizzly bear.

Don't ask.

Just grizzly bear.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Hungah

of

the

Twine.

There's a fairly well-received game on Steam that was made from Twine.  Forgot its name tho.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

I'm flattered that you think I'm spending my time on something productive like Twine. XD

Honestly, I've been having kind of a rough week. I do plan to get back to this, though.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago
My profile picture, please.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

That would be beautiful!

XD

XD

XD

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Everything I dreamed of and more.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Where did all those needless lines come from!? What is this overdesigned Final Fantasy bullshit!?

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Gears of War 4 Alpha!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Excuse you; no fewer than fifteen painstaking minutes have gone into this piece! Less isn't always more, you know!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

It is fifteen minutes wasted! Look at it! Oodles and oodles of details on details! A shameless deviation from the original design, detracting from the expression of the original piece and providing nothing for the eye to properly focus on! To merely glimpse this shameful, over detailed chaos fills my soul with disappointment, it is an actual detriment to the art world and highlights everything that's wrong with Square Enix these days!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

The poor pure white! Where did it go?! This looks like a wall! A WALL! With bumps and differences in color. This thing is a disgrace. It should be burned at the stake!

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

Oh, there's no need. I've already done the necessary exposure compensation. Whatever makes you standpats happy, right?

Unbelievable.

Art - Taking Requests

7 years ago

What is this!? A pure white wall?! Do you take any pride in your art?! This is horrific, no detail in the slightest. Not even a speck of anything interesting! Downright awful, just awful!