Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794 Just think, some construction worker gets to put 'accidentally burned down world famous 850 year old cathedral' on his resume from now on. This is pretty sad actually. Like I get it, shit happens and buildings don't last forever, but it could've at least gone out in a freak earthquake that wipes out most of France or something and not just due to some rando being careless. That's just so pointless and depressing.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Just like in the Disney cartoon. ^_^

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Here's the spire falling over. Undr is keeping up with this stuff better than anyone else except probably mazdark so I'll just pass along anything else she shows me.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

That is extremely sad to see, and on the week of Easter no less. I hope they are able to get at least some of the relics housed in the cathedral out. Luckily, the bronze statues of the apostles were already out of the building so at least some of the historical pieces are safe. What a tragedy.

Edit: It would appear that many of the relics including the Crown of Thorns and Piece of the True Cross were indeed saved according to RT. That is a relief to hear.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Never underestimate human stupidity, anyway from the news reports so far it seems likely the structure is safe  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-47942176

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
>Never underestimate human stupidity Not a problem I've ever had, believe me. That's good news if it's not as bad as it looked, but, it looked pretty damn bad. I was relieved to hear a lot of the relics were safe too. I was thinking surely there had to be SOME kind of plan in case of an event like this but then again, see the quote above.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

There really wasn't a whole lot more they could have done. The structure itself appeared mostly to be held up or at least reinforced by scaffolding which severely limits their options. Add its age, location, and the materials it was built from and this was a nightmare for any firefighter to deal with. Honestly I'm surprised they saved as much as they did. And to be honest, plans for stuff like this tend to fall through rather quickly. But the fact that nobody died and the relics were saved shows that they did have some plan in place. 

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Ah so the plan was 'don't let it catch on fire'. Well shit.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Thats pretty much always the plan to be honest. I've been called to numerous construction sites and renovations that catch fire. They are a mess to try to put out. Especially very old buildings. And 90% of the time they're caused by human error. Human stupidity is hard to plan for.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1117844987293487104

Can someone take this child's twitter away during a crisis, although watching twitter roast him is pretty fun 

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Sounds like a solid solution to me... Also they should've raked the leaves outside the Cathedral. ^_^

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Hey, don't be mean, he's helping! I wonder if anyone has ever tried just giving him a print out of the site and some crayons though....

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

This greatly symbolizes the fall of Christian Europe. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some Muslim arsonist, and the construction accident is just a cover story.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I will do you one better, it was a Christian hoping to frame Muslims for this to encourage violence 

See how easy it is? 

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

There have been no incidents of Christians framing Muslims for a crime, only the other way around.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

The Christians are just that good at false flag attacks. 

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Lol, okay.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
According to this footage from the scene it appears to have been an inside job.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Let's take this even further, I've heard Muslim arsonists have secretly destroyed the majority of religious artefacts, religious sites and religious leaders in Western Europe and replaced them with counterfeits made of cardboard, papier mache and/or playdough (I have it on good authority that the Pope is at least 50% stuffed with loft insulation wool). In fact I think even the pictures of the fire and reports of the five hundred firefighters on the scene are probably FAKE NEWS and actually a large number of Al-Qaeda suicide bombers disguised as French priests, choir boys and nuns (the beards were shaved obviously) detonated large amounts of explosives made primarily of soap and hidden in the spire, inspired by such movies as Fight Club and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

If you're going to go Conspiracy Theory you might as well go BIG :D

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

It’s much easier to cover up an arson than it is to cover up any of the ridiculous bullshit you’re throwing out to discredit conspiracy theories. The governments of Western Europe have an extensive record of covering up for their Muslim immigrants.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
I think conspiracy theories generally discredit themselves, the further you extend their logic the more ridiculous they become :)

Of course Western European governments would want to cover up the actions of religiously-inspired criminals and terrorists. Duh. I mean, how would it benefit western governments to publicize the crimes of criminals who damage society and terrorists who have sworn to destroy western governments? Of course that's exactly the kind of thing you'd want to keep secret :)

I certainly know if I was a European Prime Minister I'd sometimes feel a bit sorry for all these hateful underdogs trying to kill me or bring down my government and want to give them a hand from time to time with gifts like anonymity and occasional support :D Maybe the Jews, Communists, Homosexuals, Voodoo Practitioners, Traffic Wardens, (insert least favourite group here) might be paying me with nice things like money, free KFC vouchers, chocolate or something? :)

I'm feeling a bit facetious tonight :D Don't worry about it :P

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Sarcasm and satire are the weapons of choice for those without actual arguments to make. Countless conspiracy theories have proven true over the years. For instance, the US government used to hire journalists to spread government propaganda through mainstream media outlets. Any sound mind would call that the delusions of a madman, right? Nope, look up Operation Mockingbird. Yet now we somehow believe that the government is no longer doing the same, and anyone who suggests such a thing would again be relegated to madman status.

As for your facetious diatribe about the West European governments having no motive to cover for Islamic criminals, that is demonstrably false. For instance, for decades, British police refused to open investigations into Muslim grooming gangs because they were afraid of appearing racist.

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham.pdf. See pg. 91 and onward, points 11.5, 11.6, 11.9, 11.11, 11.12, etc.

Of course, I had to go all the way to a primary source because none of the mainstream outlets are reporting the fear of racism aspect. This wasn’t an isolated case. You can look up “Muslim grooming gangs”, and you’d find at least half a dozen examples in cities across Britain, and the police in the majority of those cities refused to investigate until they were exposed. The West’s governments have an inordinately strong goal of promoting diversity and tolerance no matter the costs. If a Muslim burned down a thousand-year old cathedral, consider the impression that would leave on the ordinary French citizen. It would make them less likely to support importing more of them. That is an unacceptable cost to Western governments, and so they would keep it under covers if indeed the perpetrator was a Muslim. I am not saying it must be a Muslim arsonist who burned down the Notre Dame of course, but it is very much a possibility.

Edit: Interesting.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Please tell me you're not serious with this whole thing... someone please tell me he's not serious about this.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Victim is the current resident "alt-right" dude. He's fairly consistent, so for the purposes of this site he's serious.

I know, I know, he sort of sucks, but he's the best we got right now for that position unless Zass wants to step it up a notch.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I'm too busy trying to write an edgy adventure storygame. It will be most likely the lowest rated CYOA on this site and I just lost an entire page because of an error at the editor.

Therefore, I shall refrain from giving in to temptation and post on the forums unnecessarily until I finish it. Starting now.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Good luck. But write that shit in another program and just copy it over. Backing stuff you're serious about up is like Avoiding Dumb Writing Mistakes 101. The kind of thing that no one should ever allow to happen to them more than once.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Oh, you misunderstand, it's not that I can't believe your statement, because I've seen these kinds of statements a lot on the internet, unfortunately, I've even had the misfortune of arguing with people like you a few times on the internet. I'm more amazed, or shocked as you say that you're so adamant in your belief about this, that is all.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

We can't possibly entertain every crackpot with crackpot ideas. People with little credibility or those pushing fringe ideas need to provide more compelling evidence to get the attention of others.”

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I provided lots of compelling evidence. If you find the evidence to be insufficiently compelling, then point out what is uncompelling.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

You’re only shocked because you naïvely believe everything your government says to be true despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Yeah, just out of curiosity, what government do you even assume "I'm naively believing"?

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Seeing you trying to have a serious argument with Victim does make you look like a guy prone to naively believing things, ngl...

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

An argument would actually consist of me actually, you know arguing with him, I was actually just curious and asking him a question.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Didn't read the posts so I'll take your word for it. :)

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Mizal, I notice you doing this hit-and-run type of replying quite often when Steve was still around as well, and it never adds anything to the conversation.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

im out of the loop, what actually happened to steve?

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Nothing, he's in law school, so he's pretty busy.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Okay, how about this: you said arson is easy to cover up. Ergo, you are a fucking idiot, and should be ignored for that and all the usual reasons. France is also pretty famously anti-Muslim, so the idea that they would scramble to cover up evidence of your 'Muslim arsonist' boogeyman, just because, is also ridiculous. (but not as ridiculous as the general idea that you exist). Although your immediate jump to paranoid conspiracy theories about the government already proves you understand that arson would have been obvious, so your first posts in here were already you just making shit up for for giggles.

Your entire 'argument' is pretty unworthy of replying to however, because you have none. You heard about a building fill of old wood in which renovations were being done in catching on fire and immediately started making accusations based on nothing. Unless you were a first responder at the scene or an investigator, you are talking out of your ass in your usual manner.

And now I've already wasted too much time responding to a dull troll who never has anything worthwhile or even entertaining to say, but I hope Mizal noticing you was a bright spot of your day. (For real, I genuinely don't recall you ever making a normal post on a normal topic, literally everything you have to say is this kind of exceptionally lazy attempt at shitstirring and why anyone still bothers to respond is beyond me.)

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Apologies, I shouldn’t have used the term “your government”. I don’t know and don’t care to know what government you live under, though I suspect that you’re from a European or North American country or perhaps a white expat living in Thailand. In any case, what I should have said is that you naïvely believe the word of governments in so-called “liberal democracies”, especially when the narratives they paint is in accordance with your preconceived worldview. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, you continue to believe everything they tell you about any particular event and dismiss evidence to the contrary as “conspiracy theories”. There are sadly too many people like that.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Actually sarcasm and satire make perfectly good forms of counter-arguments from Ancient Greece through to Jonathon Swift and up to modern programs like The Simpsons, developing minority ideas (which are usually minority for a reason) to their full logical extent is one of the best ways to expose their ridiculousness.

It is true that some conspiracy theories are proven true but for every Operation Mockingbird there are many more David Ickes talking about lizard people. I think if a conspiracy theory is proven true it isn't really a Conspiracy THEORY but an expose or FACT, conspiracy theories are speculation and guesswork and can be as outlandish as you want them to be. If you don't like a particular group like Anarchists or Muslims or whoever you can make them as hateful and offensive as your want them to be.

I like your argument that "the police in the UK refused to arrest Muslim grooming gangs until they did". I am not sure why western governments would be so keen to import Muslims, in fact listening to The Tedious One in America my impressions is that he is a wee bit anti-immigration vis-a-vis Muslims, Mexicans and non-Aryans generally. Of course if a Muslim burnt down France's most famous cathedral the government would keep it secret because there is no way keeping something secret like that to encourage tourism and immigration could blow up in their face right? Personally, I wouldn't take such a risk to raise the visiting numbers of a certain ethnic group as the consequences far out-way the benefits but then again, I'm logical.

Like you say the fun thing about conspiracy theories is they don't even have to be true, if one is disappointing enough to be proven not true and fail to confirm your beliefs you can just blithely bounce onto the next one, the best and most enduring conspiracy theories of course are the ones that aren't or can't be proven one way or another making it usable to justify any idea. Of course it isn't possible to have a rational debate with something that can't be proven and you can be as outlandish as you want. You might as well dive in because if you are using something unproven as evidence it's very difficult to persuade others your claim is correct (just ask Christians and other religious and cult leaders how difficult it can be to attract followers these days).

Then you just reach an impasse of two guys who aren't going to change each others ideas that devolves into two people essentially with their fingers jammed in their ears going "la-la-la-la-la". For every fact you can selectively turn up to confirm your idea the other person can do the same thing (because to confirm fringe beliefs you do have to be pretty selective about the facts or cases you can find to support your belief. UFO people still cling to Roswell even though it is about eighty years old now).

I suppose it can lead to interesting discussions though :)

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Man, I didn't know you could burn down a stone building! Props to the builder, that's the kind of shit you could brag about, like "I set the swimming pool on fire!" or "I burned this milkshake!". Except maybe don't mention that you burned down the only home in France for the terminally hideous. That's not cool. It's difficult for them to find work and shelter outside the Incel community.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago
Yes! Burn it all! Religion is evil! God is dead! Burn the churches, kill the priest, indoctrinate the children!

Just joking, if it wasn't obvious. It's always a shame when something so important is lost for ever. 850 years is impressive, but I'm sure it could've stayed with us for much longer if some retard wasn't so careless. But at least most of the stuff inside was rescued, that's good.

I'm glad everyone is safe though. That's the most important thing.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I'm sure they'll restore it. ^_^

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I read the first part and was just sorta like, “Excuse me, what the actual fuck Mayana”, but then I realized you were joking. Almost thought this site was a bunch of racists up until I realized you were joking...

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

You think we were joking?

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I hope you were joking, or there is already no hope for this site. Also PRAISE ENDMASTER

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

I've learned some things, citizens of this site you have my solemn thanks.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

This site doesn't have citizens.  It has subjects.

Great job Paris!

5 years ago

Ruled over by the admins.