Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Contest bets

4 years ago
@lordcarpark
@Cupcakitty
@Davefaster
@poison_mara
@Derprussen
@BryceTheJew
@enterpride
@Chanbot
@Lopz66
@VainCorsair
@TheCanary
@Micropen

I want to make bets with all of you, whoever has the better story gets 25 points from everyone in the bet rated below them.

Contest bets

4 years ago
@mizal is this okay?

Contest bets

4 years ago
I won't participate because I will end the last in the contest and I will not recoverer my points. But I think is funny for the rest of you that can have a competitive fun.

Contest bets

4 years ago
If you're not first, you're last.

Contest bets

4 years ago

Lol, looks like I picked the right contest to not be in charge of the points this time around.

Contest bets

4 years ago
It's fiiiine, I'll just Hell someone and have them do the math for me after the contest.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Don't forget @SpartacustheGreat !

Contest bets

4 years ago

I’m down.

Contest bets

4 years ago

Fite me

Contest bets

4 years ago
This is not worded well enough for me to understand whats going on but I have negative points so I can really only gain from this.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Pretty sure it means that all the participants put 25 points in the pot and the participant with the highest rated story gets all the points. No word on the calculation of the scores, however.

Contest bets

4 years ago
I thought everyone enters the betting ring and then the top author gets 25 points from everyone and the 2nd top author gets 25 points from everyone below them, 3rd top author gets 25 points from below, etc.

Contest bets

4 years ago
That's how I read it, I guess Wildblue can clarify otherwise. Seems like you really really don't want to end up in the bottom half of this one.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Exactly why I can't participate in this or I will end in debt 1,000 points. The people who agree to a bet as unfair as that has to be or brave or stupid.

Contest bets

4 years ago
The absolute max that can be lost is 300. And that will almost certainly be taken from someone who doesn't turn in a game at all.

In fact the main thing that needs to be figured out here is what to do when there are inevitably multiple people on that list who don't enter at all. I guess I'll just stick them all at last place at the same time.

And of course no, I don't see an adult going up against multiple tweens and professional failures as requiring all that much bravery.

Contest bets

4 years ago
You should probably prepare for the result in which no one on that list turns in anything at all...

Contest bets

4 years ago
Well I bet all my points to the fact I will present to de contest my game.

Contest bets

4 years ago
I need a translator and a lawyer - stat!

Contest bets

4 years ago
I bet all my points to the fact I will present a game to this contest in time.

Contest bets

4 years ago

What about a teen going up against multable adults?

Contest bets

4 years ago
Oh, well you're just stupid.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Well, if you're really set on going down this rabbit hole, everyone who enters this bet and fails to submit a story gets banned and has to start over with a new account. (Don't forget that. 4.0 though.)

Contest bets

4 years ago
I will submit a story but I don't say anything about the 4, Having account I have never. reached a 4 in the long term even with a game of 90,000 words It is impossible to me get a 4. The 4 is for recovering the fee and It has nothing to do with present a game

Contest bets

4 years ago

You're not even in this competition. Personally I like bucky's suggestion, and while I think you could beat everyone that wildblue tagged, it is irrelevant because you aren't even betting in this! 

Contest bets

4 years ago
A 9,000 word story with some time spent editing would've done it easily.

But yes, it's sufficient to just say you're not interested and move on.

Contest bets

4 years ago
But if they're not going to enter, they should say that instead of just ignoring the thread.

Contest bets

4 years ago

Very well, I am not going to agree to this bet.

Contest bets

4 years ago
This by the way is not going to be the case, no one is getting banned for not turning something in. (Unless they're already twice SHAMED.) Just making that clear if anyone was scared to bet based on that, but it looks like there's not a lot of interest here. Just plain ol apathy and being afraid of a 14 year old girl and the couple of others who joined suppose. Totally understandable; that Ford and Serpent, they're a significant threat in any competition.

Contest bets

4 years ago

We will smash anyone who gets in our way. I look forward to reaping 75 points from this. Though I will say Wildblue might be a threat

Contest bets

4 years ago
I am not scared of them. I am scared of my low level of mastery.

Contest bets

4 years ago

Mara, the way you think is poisonous

Contest bets

4 years ago
Good pun. However, I really think to believe that you are great when you are not is the real poisonous behavior. I have to improve a lot before even thinking of getting ahead a single person.

Contest bets

4 years ago

I agree with you there, though you don’t have to think you are great. Though there is a difference between thinking you are great, and thinking you are okay. From what I’ve seen of your writing you are downplaying you abilities. You just need to see that for yourself, and your constant self loathing isn’t helping

E: Also I’m not saying that you should join. That is your choice. I’m just saying that you need to have more faith in your writing

Contest bets

4 years ago
Gutless

Contest bets

4 years ago
Looks that way.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Gutless are you that target people you are sure that will end worst than you and not the favorites. If you were so brave you were targeting absolute all the participants.

Contest bets

4 years ago
Yes, definitely only reply to the little newbie girl and not the popular and established person who actually said the thing she was agreeing with.

Contest bets

4 years ago
I laughed.

Contest bets

4 years ago
That was a really good one. Mizal, To my defence I didn't even look at the previous message author. I can add a similar one to Cricket if you want XD

Contest bets

4 years ago
No, you did good. I got my morning chuckle in with my morning coffee. Don't let these vagrants fool you. They're just trying to distract you from your story. From GLORY!

Contest bets

4 years ago
I'm blushing

Contest bets

4 years ago
Ok Yoda

Contest bets

4 years ago

Oh. I forgot about this. I'm not interested.