Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago

Yo, y’all! How ya doin? I’m QuailHeart77 and I just wanted to explain myself. I posted uno storygames, a day in the life of a rich girl, which is sooo horrible. I am twelve and ain’t lost at mariokart to me brother and sister yet. (;

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago
Welcome to the site. To be honest it's really not a site for kids, but there's no issue with hanging around as long as you're not annoying on the forum and don't keep spam publishing a story once it's taken down. I haven't looked at yours yet except to note that it was only something like 600 words. We always recommend newbiews take a look at some of the other stories on the site, especially the high rated ones before diving in with their own projects. It's the easiest way to get an idea of the quality level readers are looking for and what the editor is capable of. It can take weeks or months to finish a good storygame and there's really no rush to publish them. If you just want to test an idea out, you can always leave your story unpublished in sneak peek (it should be on by default when you create it, but there's a checkbox for it in Storygame Properties) and then post a link to it in the Writing Workshop along with any questions you have. Actually published stories should just be for completed things that have been proofread and usually they're going to need to be at least 2500 words or so to have room to tell an actual branching story that people can enjoy.

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago

And pretty much half those words are author notes, even in some of the page titles.

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago
Welcome to the site!

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago

To be honest, I hate my game and think it is horrible. Me and I and myself unanimously voted that it is horrible, and my next one will be so much better. I explored other story games more, and now I think I have got it. Feel free to beat up my game, or maybe choke it. Even better, make it have a long and horrible death, in which it is tortured!! JK (;

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago

You can just unpublish it and polish it up later if you want to. Just take your time with one - have a plot in mind, spend more time developing your characters and setting the scene, edit it, and avoid putting author notes in the game itself.

If it helps, try drawing a basic map of the choices of the game on a piece of paper before you get to the actual writing.

Nice to meet you!!

4 years ago

Okey-Dokey will do!!!