Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The longest game you ever play

yesterday
So hi, uh what the longest game you ever played? It doesn't have to be from this website, I not an gamer but I know of a lot of games and how long they be, and I know there a lot of words in these story games and therfroe long hours. So how long do you ell the soul to devil I may say(joking of course the devil is a contract you sigh to forfeit your grass touching time.)

yesterday

Difficult question to answer. I mean, games take completely different amounts of time to play through depending on what difficulty level you're playing them on and whether or not you're going out of your way to complete every side quest and earn every achievement. And then some games don't really have an ending at all and you just keep playing until you get bored.

According to Steam, I have spent a grand total of 658.9 hours playing Sid Meier's Civilization 3. ^_^

yesterday
This is a pretty broad question if we're not talking about IF. A storygame here takes about as long as reading a book of comparable length, but most games I get on Steam are designed to be replayable and reinstalling every so often to dive back in is normal.

I've played Slay the Spire about 400 hours in four years, and I'm not a high volume gamer, I tend to play an hour or so in the evenings to wind down.

yesterday

400 hours? Pfft. Noob.

18 hours ago
It turns out it's more like 480 hours. I really have a hard time with binging on long game sessions these days, when it's not life consuming stuff like Rimworld and Crusader Kings I no longer trust myself to play. If nothing else, eye strain becomes an issue, or maybe I'm just old and jaded and games don't grab me like they used to. (I think Inscryption was the last time I had one of those "holy shit, cannot sleep or stop until this is done" experiences.)

Anyway I'm just glad my Morrowind era was prior to Steam, THAT would be a number I wouldn't want to see.

yesterday

Dunno, been playing games since the 80s and in those days you had nothing but free time to play the same games over and over again since that’s all you had. (And you liked it)

It might very well be the case that I clocked in over hundreds of hours total on some game in an old arcade. (Probably not, but I was at those quite a bit playing the same games I liked)

This isn’t even counting the old computer games that I had even easier ongoing access to and played over and over because well like I said, you had more time on your hands and that’s all you had. (Going to guess something like Civilization 2 or Alpha Centauri had to be in the hundreds at least)

Nowadays with games, I sort of just play through the main campaign just once, even if I do take time to do most of the side quests. That’s still only maybe 100 something hrs or so if it’s a sufficiently large one like say Witcher 3 with all the DLC. And even then I didn’t do a whole completionist thing on it.

yesterday
I'm pretty sure it's between League of Legends and Hearts of Iron III/IV.

Would not recommend either.

yesterday

WoW. 4.5k hours on just the main, probably 5.5k hours overall.

In about 4 years.

Like Enter, I also would not recommend.

yesterday

I don't really know the exact amount of hours I played (probably a few thousand). But I did play league of legends for about 2 years straight from being 12 -14 lol.... I'd just come home from school and play league of legends till I had to sleep, or binge watch an entire anime season, at least if I didn't go out with friends. So if I had to guess definitely a few thousand hours was sadly pissed away into that game. 

I don't regret the anime watching as much though, I met and made a lot of friends through that medium. 

21 hours ago
Honestly fair to all the comments, I just did this as a fun question. But still that cool to retrospect I think.

21 hours ago

Well, I don't have video games because my parents think they are very very bad, but I've watched just about every Undertale run on YouTube so that's gotta count for something, right?

19 hours ago

video games are the devil

18 hours ago
Life. The game of life.

18 hours ago

I remember life.

18 hours ago

17 hours ago

Always funny that you recieved some money whenever you got a new kid in that game which is like the exact opposite that happens in real life.

7 hours ago

I think I got around 400 hrs in Fallout 4