Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CoG Still Sucks AIDS Dick. News at 11.

3 days ago
I thought the whole all-gender and sexual orientation for characters was a joke or an over-exaggeration, but I was wrong, it's literally required to do so in every story. I went on that terrible site and was curious about writing and all that, maybe I could make some money or at least troll a little bit, but you have to go through an entire interview process? And also the worst, most unforgivable part of the site (just the infrastructure) was that every post has to go through and be accepted by moderation, and apparently, they have EndMaster's name completely blacklisted because I was gonna try to ask about their opinions of him, and as soon as I clicked the post button with his name in my post I was banned.

TL;DR I now have a newfound respect and extreme appreciation for this site, as I've seen Choice of Games

3 days ago

Oh wow, that's new. Yeah, the last time I used the site, they were super strict on what people were and were not allowed to say and if a mod didn't like something that somebody said, they would just lock the thread, but I didn't realise they'd gone so far as to make the forums so that every single comment had to be approved by a moderator... Not in the slightest bit suprised though. That sounds exactly like something COG would do.

3 days ago
Actually, they didn't even ban my account, they IP banned me. I wasn't sure if it was the comment or the new thread I tried to make, so I tried to make another account, but nope. IP banned.

3 days ago

Sounds about right. Does it give a reason for the ban? Like, "banned for mentioning Endmaster" or something?

3 days ago
Doesn't even say you're banned, just logs you out of your account forcefully.

3 days ago

What was your name on the forums? I should be able to find your profile and discover the reason why you were banned.

3 days ago
I think it was something like CYSLover or something like that, which honestly might be the reason I got banned. Not sure if you'll find anything, the first thing I posted was the thing that got me banned.

3 days ago

Should be a profile for every member, even the banned ones. Looking up cyslover doesn't seem to get me anything though.

3 days ago
I think they literally wiped my account off the face of the platform, because I looked through several different usernames I could have used, and then I typed in the name I put under real name, which was first name No last name NO (private joke) and that didn't work. So I think they just completely removed me and all traces of me from the site.

3 days ago

How very weird. Even EndMaster's profile is still on there.

19 hours ago
Uh oh. This is lending credence to the "never happened" theory. But Gower would know the most about how that forum works.

19 hours ago
What's the 'never happened' theory?

3 days ago

This is a case where you sort of came in looking like you were going to start trouble. "CYSLover" for your name, bringing me up in your first post and yeah the mods took one look at that and nuked you from orbit. Lol.

3 days ago
Yeah, I figured I wouldn't necessarily be received well, but I also thought people exaggerated about how strict COG actually was and figured I would either get legit answers or hate, either of those were okay to me, not outright banned immediately. I forgot that not every forum supports free speech.

3 days ago

So you're saying Bezro is still an available username option on there..?

3 days ago
I notice Suranna is also open...

19 hours ago
Commended by Avery_Moore on 10/15/2024 9:50:28 AM
Just like her mom.

(Cannot believe this post sat here for two days with no one else saying that.)

19 hours ago

We thank you for your service. ^_^

19 hours ago
Finally, you finished my setup. I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to say that.

18 hours ago

I actually was going to as soon as I saw it, but it seemed too obvious.

Gotta keep the audience guessing sometimes.

3 days ago

lol, what a laughable business model 

3 days ago

"EndMaster's name completely blacklisted because I was gonna try to ask about their opinions of him, and as soon as I clicked the post button with his name in my post I was banned."

Lol. I wonder when they implimented that exactly. I know my name/stories still get mentioned from time to time in their reddits.

In any case, glad to see the mere mention of my name causes so much fear over there.

3 days ago

"They say if you say his name three times, he will appear and call everyone a fag!"

3 days ago
This is absolutely correct. Sometimes it only takes two times.

3 days ago

Just want to check with @Gower . Is this right that every post has to be accepted by moderation? Or is it posts from new users that need to be approved? Or new threads that need to be approved or something? I mean, back when I was using the CoG forums, there must have been hundreds of posts a day. Having moderators approving every single post does not sound sustainable at all.

3 days ago

I have heard even other Cogites complaining about the moderation over there. I think they have gotten a little stricter from what I heard.

Hell, it wasn't that long ago they were banning folks for talking negatively about the company on their own private tumblrs. I'm in exactly one Cogite fifedom discord which could be considered one of the more "rebellious" ones and even they cower in fear that someone is going to go tell on them and get banned from the place. Which honestly is REALLY pathetic, that you're in your own discord and feel like you're too fucking scared to speak freely.

But hey, Cogites in general have this weird Stockholm Syndrome where they continue to bitch about the place, yet will still desperately want to write for them/read their shit (And complain that their games are no good).

3 days ago
I know new users definitely have to have their posts approved. Maybe just them and other "troublemakers" they flag.

Anyway, we're pretty much the future of IF simply for the fact that the other communities chase off all the kids this way. Endmaster's name being blacklisted is hilarious though, what the heck are they afraid of? Guess we've had the mod team shivering under their desks in a fetal position all this time without even noticing or trying.

3 days ago

I know for a fact I was one of the "troublemakers" they flagged because when I tried to make a post on the forums about Price of Freedom being finished on CYS, the post immediately disappeared the second I posted it.

I remember Jason giving some bullshit excuse that I was known as being a "problematic" person on the CoG forums, which is why my posts needed to be vetted... Which is weird because I specifically remember being a rather popular and generally well respected member of the CoG forums who got along well with pretty much everyone, and the only thing the people on CoG considered "problematic" was how much of a dick Jason was to me.

3 days ago

On the topic of all-gender and sexual orientation characters though, it looks like their new "Heart's Choice" brand isn't going with that idea, and they felt the need to specifically tell the users not to complain about it.

3 days ago

I usually hear complaints that there aren't any "Straight male" romance type games, but as far as I'm concerned, if you haven't slain at least 100 grotesque mutants and their overlord in order to get to the half naked chick on the sacrifical altar, it's not a real straight male romance to begin with.

3 days ago
Why don't we have a "gay" reaction for posts on this site again?

3 days ago
It should be a commendation, except it takes one away. A gaymendation, if you will.

3 days ago
They have yet to receive a single pitch for a straight male character? Hmm.

3 days ago
I just experimented with this, and my post that contained EndMaster's name did not result in an auto ban. It hasn't been approved yet though, so maybe a mod will get around to it soon? My post was very neutral and fair, so it shouldn't get me banned on a normal site. I also said my name was Mai and my pronouns were they/them, so maybe that'll help me out lmao. This is the post I'm attempting to post, "So I’ve been lurking on both here and CYS for a while, and every so often someone on either forum will bring up the other site negatively. I really like a lot of stories on CYS, my favorite author is EndMaster, and I really like a lot of stories on here, the jolly good series is amazing!, so I was just wondering what the drama was?" Sorry Gower for not having read Jolly Good, but I'm sure it's amazing! E: Within about 5 minutes I was logged out, so I guess it isn't an auto ban, just a fast manual one. Username was RefinedRobot if anyone wants to check if the account is deleted or not.

3 days ago

I don't get what they have against CYS, I'm guessing it's because CYS is classed as a business competitor? Still ridiculous, like mizal said, no doubt the company will die out if they continue censoring like that. 

2 days ago

It's more of an "ideology" issue since we're not a business competitor. Not like we're doing any of this for the money after all.

If you go and read through the HATE Archives (If you haven't already) you can learn all the wonderful history between our two countries.

In any case, it's been awhile since we've had one of these threads mainly because we got bored with pointing out their faggotry and CoG routinely horse fucks itself so badly with shitty business decisions and pissing off their own fanbase.

Literally the only thing keeping them in business at this point is like I said, CoGites have weird Stockholm Syndrome with the place. They'll piss and moan that the administration sucks, their games suck, their business model sucks, etc but will still continue to try to write for them or buy the products.

If fucktards are continuing to support this dumb shit by buying the next game thinking its going to be any better than the last one or more hilariously crawling back to go write for them after they threw a fit on their forums about "not being respected" well the joke's on them and they all deserve one another I suppose.

Seriously there's tons of other options than running to CoG if you really wanted to publish interactive fiction. The one I know some CoG authors defected to was using itchio which everyone tries to say "Oh but you won't get as much advertising and nobody buys from there!"

That's lazy faggotry talk. Seriously, it's the 21st fucking century we got the INTERNETS now. You can literally advertise any fucking where. Sure you might have to do it yourself, but if you've written something good enough, word of mouth is going to eventually do the heavy lifting anyway. Shit, CoG doesn't do much to advertise its second class citizen Hosted Games anyway.

As for making money, well unless you're writing about gay vampire romance, you're likely not getting rich doing this anyway. Better to publish through a place where you got more creative freedom and actually get to keep more of your profits.

2 days ago

That's what confuses me. Hosted Games literally takes 75% of the profits AND makes the author do most of the heavy lifting anyways.

Amd yes, they won't get as much advertising, but to be honest, there are plenty of other ways to advertise. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Discord, X... Hell if it's written well enough I'm sure at least a few people on here would be willing to buy it. 

2 days ago

I think the only thing good about COGS contractual agreement that i read was that they will pay you for every chapter they approve, which was 1k even before the stories published im assuming. I suppose theres some comfort for some people there. 

2 days ago

Nope. Sorry Ace. Looks like you have been wiped from the face of existence.
Press F to pay respects.

2 days ago

Amusingly, I'm probably going to get somehow blamed for all this, when I didn't actually tell anyone to go over there and make accounts.

Oh well, ain't nuthin' to it, EndMaster made me do it.

2 days ago

All part of your evil plan. ^_^

2 days ago
8/8 title change.

Tiny little Bezro looks so much edgier now.

2 days ago

Bezro's edgier than a fucking dodecahedron! ^_^