Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Council Vote: FateGas

12 years ago
FateGas has been nominated to be looked at by The Council. This is a discussion thread (anybody, including and especially FateGas) can discuss here. A vote of 4-1 or 5-0 by the council members will result in FateGas being banned. The more discussion we get, the more informed a decision that council members can make.

12 years ago

Yes

12 years ago
Please don't ban me.

It's a free country isn't.

I am not using explicit swear words.

12 years ago

You're constantly insulting people and expressing racist beliefs.

12 years ago
There is freedom of speech.

This is against the first amendment.

12 years ago

Little tip: The internet isn't on US soil :P Those who make decisions here do it based on what's best for the site.

12 years ago

This is an international site with members from many different countries.

You even said yourself that you are Canadian so you aren't even protected under the First Amendment.

12 years ago

Lol busted...prolly lied bout being canadian

12 years ago

I'm gonna make a pros and cons list

Pro:

She makes forum games

She has published a storygame

Con:

She uses large portions of her games to argue and insult

She has anti-semitic beliefs some may find hurtful

She derails several topics

She starts arguements frequently. (how many has she started today alone?)

She's annoying as hell.

I'm gonna vote yes seeing as she's anti-semitic (3J has already banned one before when he had the power) and very arguement-prone, but feel free to both use and update the pro and con list above.

12 years ago
I am an anti-semite because I have Post-Traumatic-Syndrome-Disorder.

When I get reminded of the people who did this to me, I react in inappropriate ways.
I dislike that I am this way. I haven't found a cure yet.

Please support me. Help me find the cure.
Insulting sick people isn't helpful.

12 years ago

I'm calling bull-shit, you refuse to tell us what any Jew did to you besides "They were mean to me."

Making up stories about PTSD isn't funny when a lot of people on the site have family in the military.

12 years ago
They did very bad things to me.

BTW, PTSD isn't just for those in the military.

My life is difficult with all those memories coming at me, don't make it worse.

Understand, don't insult.

12 years ago

An anti-semite first telling people not to discriminate, then to understand rather than insult? This just keeps getting better.

12 years ago
I am anti-semetic because of my disorder.

If you look at my true self, I'm really not that way.

12 years ago

You know it's impossible to be born with PTSD right? You have to suffer a traumatic experience and I'm sure you haven't.

12 years ago
You don't know how my life was. I have suffered a lot of things. I was nearly killed.

12 years ago

You don't know how hard my life is. I nearly killed myself because of it but then I realized I was being a selfish little prick because people in third world countries would dream for a life like mine.

12 years ago

An egyptian once tried to kidnap me when I was a baby(so I'm told), but that doesn't mean I hate every egyptian.

12 years ago

Honestly, if you knew anyone with PTSD, you'd know they didn't actually say "I go into flashbacks because of my disorder". You're making it up, and it's an insult to everybody who has it.

Anywho, if you're antisemitic, and you freely admit taht you're antisemitic (even if you are hiding behind a disease you don't have) then it still only reinforces my point.

12 years ago

Your life is tough? You are a rich little brat.

How would you feel if your father walked out on you just so he could get high? How would you feel if you moved 60 miles away from all of your friends and got bullied at a new school? How would you feel if your step-father consistently called you an asshole for no reason? How would you feel if you were attacked by a rotweiler and nearly had your face ripped off? How would you feel if you watched as your mother worked herself to the bone to keep a roof over your head? How would you feel if everyday, you saw a bunch of rich kids complaining how they were grounded for yelling at their dad when you don't even have one?

The truth is, you're just a spoiled brat who needs to get over herself.

12 years ago
Do you have anything against rich kids.

I nearly got killed because of what they did.

12 years ago

Yes, because all Jews ganged up on you. Just like all the Asians beat me in that debate tournament, and all the poor kids beat me up in Junior High.

12 years ago

How ironic, all the rich kids ganged up on me in Junior High. Apparently, wearing ripped jeans to school is a felony :p

12 years ago

Really? It's all the rage down here. Apparently wearing glasses was a direct insult to theri family though :P

12 years ago

I need to move to Alabama huh?

12 years ago

Yup experience our horrible economy, drunken rednecks, broke school system, and if you're lucky you might just catch a glimpse of our local Klansmen :)

12 years ago

Welcome to Ohio, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Besides the Klansmen thing, they don't sound so different besides you actually have some decent sports teams :p

12 years ago

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that almost your entire social group is dependant upon which College football team you follow :P

12 years ago

Sounds more like Texas.

12 years ago

No, I don't have anything against rich kids but I do have problems with kids talking about how awful their life is when other people can't even afford to eat every day. (I can afford to eat every day by the way.)

Again, you won't even say what they did so I know nothing happened.

12 years ago
It was very traumatizing. I nearly got killed. I was forced to leave Canada because of them.

12 years ago

What happened then? Were you jumped in a back alley because I actually have been and trust me, they don't want to kill you they only want to hurt you.

12 years ago
It was worse.

12 years ago

Guys, please leave him alone.

12 years ago

I thought he was a she?

12 years ago

It is a she.

No way I'll leave them alone, someone can insult me all they want but the second someone calls my mother a drunk is when I get pissed.

12 years ago
I didn't call your mother a drunk. I said your parents will probably noticed you're dead unless they are drunk.

12 years ago

Which is pretty much the same thing. Don't you ever fucking dare to insult my mother again she has worked harder in one day than you have your entire life.

12 years ago

Yet you don't say shit about it. You're a liar who makes up ridiculous stories to make people feel bad for you.

12 years ago
I don't want to dwell on those memories.

12 years ago

Again, they didn't happen.

12 years ago
Yes they did.
Don't make assumptions quickly.

12 years ago

If they did, you would write with a firey hatred which you clearly lack. You're just a home-grown skinhead.

12 years ago
I have partial control over myself.

12 years ago

So do I, the things I want to say to you right now would probably make you hang yourself.

I don't have a problem with that but it would be a waste of my time since it would probably get deleted.

12 years ago

1.) The name is false

2.) Troll, that's the most thinly veiled defense yet.

3.) You just admitted you're an anti-semite.If someone's psychopathic and murders 20 people, then says "I have a mental disease, you can't punish me" I'm still gonna demand the death penalty.

12 years ago

Fate isn't that bad, I don't think. She seems really nice from what I've talked to her. Maybe I'm just not reading closely in some of the threads (really, I skim a lot) so I might not be looking at the arguments. But really, I think she should stay unless she keeps up this bad behavior.

12 years ago
I promise to be good.

12 years ago

I could've Bob said something similar while I was looking back at old posts.

12 years ago

Could've swore*

12 years ago

Ooh, good find. I completely forgot Bob.

12 years ago

Mmhmm, just like Nevermind did. You act like this now, you'll act like this tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day (anyone catch the reference?)

12 years ago

"And the next day, and the next day, and the next day,"

"Mr. Plankton," *Hands him the phone.*

"And the next day, and the next day, and the next day,"

12 years ago
Hust ban me from the forums, but don't ban me from creating and reading storygames.

12 years ago
*Just

12 years ago

We dont' even know you're banned yet, you only have one vote :P

12 years ago

For the record "banning" just means that all your posts and future posts will be deleted. You'd still be free to read and create story games.

Also stop playing "who had/has the hardest life" guys, it's childish and by the sounds of it you'd lose anyways.

12 years ago
Hey Killa dont' you have a vote as well? After Sindriv was absent.

12 years ago

Yeah, he does.

12 years ago

That I do.

12 years ago
Honestly I was surprised I saw fategas' name on for nomination. Must've only seen his/her good posts. But just by reading what she's said in this thread alone, I'd recommend a ban.

12 years ago

Fate's a she. *looks down* And I have to say that I change my mind to a ban as well. She asked me for my email address and I don't think anyone with good intentions would do that.

12 years ago

Last three people we've had issues with have all been girls, lol.

12 years ago

I say ban as well she is a repulsive person from what I can tell.

12 years ago

Anyways, I voted no.

Under the condition she stops bringing up her race, ancestors and racial beliefs.

12 years ago
Unfortunately if we vote no she'll be free to revert back to that, but if that's your vote then I'll respect it.

12 years ago

As far as I know there's no delay on the next time she can be voted on again. So if she does revert back someone (probably Playa) will start another council vote, at which point I will vote yes.

12 years ago
She also seems to be spamming the forums with a bunch of topics, but that doesn't make her a troll.

12 years ago

Yeah, she's been here like three days and already has 250ish posts lol.

12 years ago

To be fair... my post count has probably risen the same amount in that period.

12 years ago
I wasn't convinced before I read this thread. While FateGas is anoying, I didn't think anything as extreme as forum banning was needed. This thread alone has convinced me that it may be preferable to allowing this member continued free rome of our forums. I will continue to consider it.

12 years ago
roam*

12 years ago

Most of what FateGas says is totally unrealistic (and even if it was true, I don't want to have to see posts bragging about being a princess and an Aryan and using bad logic in every thread I visit), as well as inflammatory and annoying. Usually I'd be content with just sitting by and ignoring her, but obviously some people can't do that, so I've voted for the ban.

12 years ago
So, if either Ugilick or Zero vote no, Fate won't be banned.

12 years ago
I feel like I have to say my two cents in this matter. If someone hides behind a psychological disorder and uses said disorder as an excuse then that person joins the ranks of some of the most despicable lifeforms on the planet. Saying you're sick and using that as a reason to do whatever the hell you want is not only despicable, but also disgusting, immoral, etc.... what I'm trying to say here is this, if you want to discriminate then GTFO our community. 'Nuff said.

12 years ago

I agree.

Really, this forum is not the place to 'share' your personal problems. This is an interactive fantasy sight, not a self-serve therapy session.

12 years ago

This may change depending on her future behavior, but I think you shouldn't ban her yet. While she probably did make up the whole PTSD thing to get out of being called a racist, and while she claims to support Hitler's ideals but disagree with him about who is an Aryan and who isn't (never a good combination. If you're a Hitler supporter, you should be a Hitler supporter, damnit!), she has been nothing but nice to me in the few interactions we've had, and I don't think she has really done anything that warrants banning.

12 years ago
Two things
1.) Troll endorsing a Troll... not exactly the best statement you can make
2.)You listed two of the things you don't like about her, then completely disregarded them because you look what she said to you. Ever wonder how Obama was elected? :P

12 years ago
like what she said*

12 years ago

From March's forum rules:

4) Racism or inciting racism or hatred of race, ethnicity, sex, or gender is not allowed. This includes racist jokes. Posts breaking this rule will be deleted by a moderator.

Now you could go ahead and say "she shouldn't be banned just because she was making racist posts on the forum - just delete those specific posts!" but what's the point in having the threat of being banned from the forums if it's not going to be enforced? FateGas hasn't even said she's going to change her behaviour anyway ("I promise to be good" is a very vague statement), so I don't know what all this "let's see what she does and then ban her later" stuff is about - all she's said is "I have PTSD so that means I can be racist". She's also said "I have partial control over myself" - while I call BS on that one, if we were to take it for face value we'd know she can't be trusted to stop being annoying/breaking the rules.

12 years ago
Great find October!

12 years ago

I don't know who you are.  Haven't been around enough to, really.

However, invoking the First Amendment when CYS is clearly not congress or a state recognized by the US is enough to make me think you're an idiot and make me dislike you.  Following the clause "I am an anti-semite" with "because" is enough for me to think you're a troll.  Everything after "...I am this way" is proof that you're a troll.

So, yeah, I vote ban.

By the way, clinical studies have shown that recreational MDMA use relieves the symptoms of PTSD (some seeing results as early as 2 months in).  Mind you, these studies were conducted by MAPS, a psychedelic reseach and advocacy group, over a period of only 5 years.

But still ban.

12 years ago
So that means that you've got 3 ban votes (October, Bo, Zero), 1 undecided (Ugilick) and 1 No Ban Vote (Killa).

Ugilick, please decide whether or not FateGas should be banned.

12 years ago
So be it. I vote yes.

12 years ago
Okay, henceforth, FateGas is banned for racist postings. Don't reply to his posts in the forums, they'll get deleted.

12 years ago

I thought it was a her.

12 years ago
So I remember seeing this post a while ago and I thought it would be a good thing to mention that the username FateGas2 does seem a little suspicious....

12 years ago
I was thinking the same thing.

12 years ago

I saw it to, same picture and everything.

12 years ago
as long as they don't post :)

12 years ago
Bit late for that actually.

12 years ago
;)

12 years ago

Nah,I'm sure it's perfectly legit.

12 years ago

12 years ago
Photobucket

12 years ago

I was thinking NAG-2012 seems like a new incarnation of FateGas... apparently she has a cousin named Fate :p

12 years ago

Funnily enough I had a similar hunch about NAG

12 years ago

The experimenting on Hebrew reference, the blue eyes thing, and that she said her cousin's name is Fate made me come to the conclusion.

Seeing how she isn't causing any problems yet on this acocunt I don't mind it much.

12 years ago
Fairly certain they're actually related and not the same account :)

12 years ago
I'm confused to whether I should love Fate or hate her.

I should love her because she nice to me, respects me as a human, and she buys me presents.

I should hate her because she made me lose my virginity. She was the one who tore my hymen.

12 years ago
Your completely blatant attempts at trolling aren't going to work. Go away.

12 years ago
I'm not trolling, I'm saying that I just hate Fate.

Our relationship is complex.

12 years ago
You're either trolling or so offside it's not even funny. Either way, you need to stop.

12 years ago

Or, you could live a world where you don't have to go to the extremes of loving or hating someone.

Don't see why you should hate her for taking your viginity though.....lol.

12 years ago
Who wants to marry a non-virgin girl? It has to be someone sane, rich, religious, and with good genes.

Or I could just marry Fate. But in that case, one of us must change her gender. I don't think Fate is ready to do that, and I don't want to go through the knife.

12 years ago

Marry Fate, but don't change anyone's gender. It's more interesting that way.

12 years ago
orly.

Girl to Girl marriages are illegal here.

12 years ago

Then clearly you're living in the wrong country.

12 years ago
Even if it were legal, I don't think our parents would be too pleased about our relationship.

12 years ago

And?

12 years ago

Wait, you're country has a more of a problem with letting two girls get married than they do with incest?

12 years ago
10% of people in this country are married to their first cousin.

I have another cousin (not Fate) who's parents are first cousins. Her dad's parents are also first cousins.

12 years ago

Isn't Fate a homophobe too?

12 years ago
Yeah, except Fate said she lives in Canada...

12 years ago
trololololololololololololol

12 years ago

Hey guys, remember when we were mocking fate for saying the Aryans were brown-skinned? Well guess what...

12 years ago
what?

12 years ago

turns out the Aryans originated in Northern India and spread throughout Europe. Gypsies are descended from the Aryans, so they are in fact dark-skinned.

12 years ago

Count me in for banning a Gas.  I just type stuff in because I'm a part-way trolling and other stuff.

12 years ago
I say not to ban her unless it gets worse, let her off with a warning. Toughen your skins people, assholes make life interesting..... when there on the internet at least. Also ya total BS on the PTSD.

12 years ago

She was already banned....

At least read the thread before posting guys.

12 years ago
hey the thread was really long and not that interesting but whatever.

12 years ago

Haha, it's not supposed to be interesting, it's supposed to be as serious as removing someone from the site :P

12 years ago
o you know what i mean

12 years ago

1.) Vote's over, sorry

2.) She was directly acting against site rules, so she recieved a ban.

12 years ago
I love brash, overstated, uninformed opinions.

12 years ago
Especially when afterwards instead of apologizing, they go on to assert that: "[hey, it's not my fault, you guys are uninteresting.]"

12 years ago
I am plenty intresting.

How long does it take a software engineer to change a light bulb?

No, that's a hardware problem.

12 years ago

Personally, I suspect that FateGas, NAG-2012, and NeverMind are all the same person

But then maybe I'm just paranoid...

12 years ago

lol i wouldn't be suprised at this if we ever found out.

12 years ago
Nah. I like Nevermind a whole lot more.

12 years ago
Wow you must hold great contempt for Nag then.

12 years ago

Yep, you are.

12 years ago

Who said that?!? The walls - they are talking to me! Ahhhhh!!!!

Maybe just a tad.

12 years ago
I keep trying to decide if her name was a reference to gas chambers or to flatulence, too. Either way, but especially the former... show some class and respect.