Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

how to edit, because i’m an idiot

3 years ago
Okay, so I’ve read the articles and I’m ready to start a new story, but I have no fucking clue how to type on this thing.

So when you go onto the page, it says you can change the text by “clicking the edit button above.” Where the hell is the edit button, though?

Am I an idiot? Yes- why would I even ask that? I’m just begging to get trolled, aren’t I?

3 years ago
Just click inside the big white box and type. Much like making a forum post.

That text is probably from 20 years ago and obsolete, who knows. I've never read it, I've never read a single thing here and don't intend to start now.

3 years ago

you shouldn't write in the CYS editor because you will lose writing due to various bugs and such. write in a Google doc or something and copy paste 

3 years ago
That's not really necessary anymore now that the RTE doesn't time out and refresh.

And now that the RTE is off by default anyway.

But saving a backup is just good practice in general.

3 years ago

i'll never trust this website as long as i live 

3 years ago
I have made it a habit of doing a quick CTRL+A, CTRL+C before I click submit, aka poor man's backup.

3 years ago

I think I understand what you mean. You can't find the editor at all?

Click My Stuff > Find the story in the list that pops up > there is a small edit button right of it.

Once you are in the editor go to chapters and pages tab.

3 years ago
No, the message he's talking about is literally in the text box you're supposed to type in when you go to the first page of the story.

3 years ago
Oh, maybe he's looking at it from the Chapters & Pages list, that'd be the only other place you can see the text from.

There's two icons next to each page preview. The blue one opens the page for writing, and I think you can figure out what the red X does on your own.

3 years ago
Can't believe I put in the effort to do all that custom hand crafted bullying, and this guy went and natural selected himself right off the site simply from not being able to figure out where to type.

I worked 55 hours that week and still set aside precious time for him, and what does do? Nothing. What an ungrateful little bitch.

3 years ago

Agreed.

Banned.