Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 1/7/2023 3:14:30 PM

Hi all,

Small update here:

1. Upgrades our RTE to a newer version. You may need a hard refresh (cache clear) before it will work for you.

This should fix some of the nightmares that people have run into with respect to spacing, pasting from outside sources, and HTML issues. It might help with some of the mobile issues but it also might not. I need your help -- please post any new RTE bugs promptly in the B&P forum. They will probably exist.
  2. @Ogre11 has earned the Community Contributor trophy! Congratulations!
  3. BerkaZerka's trophies are aligned with his infinite points status.
  4. @mizal and @Killa_Robot trophies should render properly.
  5. @pugpup1 has a contest trophy that reflects his two wins. Stop winning, damn it, so I don't have to keep appending to your trophy.

As always, the trophy changes may need to update overnight.

Cheers,
3J + KR

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Thank you 3J, very cool. Like the design of the new RTE.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Lol I like how my profile became the guinea pig for these uncooperative trophies. The update fixed the alt text and they're showing up on mobile, but they're still invisible on PC. I tried refreshing a couple times but maybe I need to log in and out or clear caches or something, idk. If someone else could check if they see them that would help. The RTE changes are very cool, hopefully they'll fix the thing where people can't post without messing with browser settings since that's the one messing with an unknown number of noobs.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Yeah that's a caching problem. I can see them on your profile.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Shows up if you don't use the extension's new themes.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Nice work debugging that.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Small price for features like being able to read stories without physical pain.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
AHHHHHH AlexP is online!!!!!

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

I don't think you saw anything.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
I have photographic evidence! Also a couple people on desktop are saying they can't post, like, the box to type in is literally not there. We're getting them to do cache refreshes since I'm assuming that's the issue. (It's fine on mobile.) Neither are using the extension, but still working on telling if the RTE being off or on is the problem. Turnip tried with both but I know you have to log in and out sometimes for changes to the RTE setting to stick.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
And he's gone. :(

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

That's a shame

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Testing.

Yeah it works.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Looks like the trophy proc didn’t run overnight — will investigate after work.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Awh! Brand new, shiny RTE! Thank you! The old one made my brain hurt. ^_^

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Same!

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Very cool, thank you!

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Can I have my contest trophy from the BZ summer slam contest please from 2 years ago? I'd like to clean the dust that's probably accumulated on it

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Not all contests warrant the trophy. There needs to be a minimum competition level for the contest. @mizal gave me a list of contest winners that met the bar.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Mizal probably didn't go back that far, but yeah, I'll vouch for az here.

Summer Slam contest was a huge success ^v^

v20190004 Update

4 years ago

Great! Will do

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Frameshift came up, but it was brought up that it was taken down immediately after the contest and then had an unknown amount of work done on it over the next couple years. It's a feature worthy game now for sure, I just hadn't been paying much attention to that particular contest by the time it ended because of RL stuff, and wasn't sure what level the entries were at overall.

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
Both Frameshift and A Spy Mission from that contest were Featured. We had tons of enteries and at least six or seven that made one or more of each of the Judges' top 4. :)

v20190004 Update

4 years ago
No worries, I get that life can get hectic