Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
This site has too many vertebrates. So here's a thread dedicated to insects, spiders, scorpions and the like. Post cool pictures, talk about how cool they are, etc. You can even share some of that questionably wholesome poetry you dedicated to me and my brethren last night. I'll start this off with the full version of my profile picture. He was a shy fellow.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
A darling little katydid I saw on the road once. A fat caterpillar That same caterpillar with a shoe for size comparison. This picture was taken several years ago, and I still have those shoes. I think maybe I should get some new ones. An adult potato beetle. Juvenile potato beetles. Yes, those brown things are all potato beetle feces. This is why insecticides exist. Wet bee. Not in the Purrlurr sense. Butterfly They hold still for me when they are dead. Mayfly on a peony.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Here's some more. A brilliant little green beetle. A friend helped me determine that this one is probably a flatheaded hardwood borer. Or some sort of tree borer anyway. My cousin. Cicada. A ladybug on my skirt. Maybe it was actually an asian beetle, but I choose to believe it is a ladybug. Spider. Dragonfly. Dragonfly silhouette. Butterfly on rose. Those are the best smelling roses ever, by the way. THICC hips too. You can't see too well, but there were hundreds of these butterflies flying around that plant. I was watching them, and so was a man in the window, and we noticed one another after a bit and both pointed at the plant while grinning. It was wholesome.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

I would have had a PTSD reaction to the brilliant beetle's metallic green color and stamped on it. Luckily you were there to protect this very non-invasive creature from misaimed wrath.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Indeed. That would have been tragic.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Everything was wholesome and nice until "They hold still for me when they are dead"

Also here's a cool jumping spider

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
It's so sparkly! I love him.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
All these images are broken for me except the spider that I didn't want to see.

What a garbage thread.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
I see no bugs in your message. :(

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 1/27/2020 9:38:40 PM

Tried my best to emulate a Google image searched cricket, think it turned out alright. 

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
This here is beautiful. He's missing an antenna though.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Dammit, how'd I miss that?

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

I thought it was meant to have been chopped off in a sword fight.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Cricket is actually incorrect on this one, the sword carrying cricket is a one-antennaed variety. I saw them in a documentary once.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

All the images are working for me. Like this one better than the bird one.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Yay, I'm glad you like them. I have a bunch more I might post later then. I was planning to do all the grasshoppers at once, that the variety may be appreciated better.
Turns out I take a lot of pictures of insects.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Here's a weird butterfly.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Hmm, I don't remember this being in Sent's medieval animal book.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

On Discovering a Butterfly
Vladimir Nabokov

I found it and I named it, being versed
in taxonomic Latin; thus became
godfather to an insect and its first
describer — and I want no other fame.

Wide open on its pin (though fast asleep),
and safe from creeping relatives and rust,
in the secluded stronghold where we keep
type specimens it will transcend its dust.

Dark pictures, thrones, the stones that pilgrims kiss,
poems that take a thousand years to die
but ape the immortality of this
red label on a little butterfly.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Images breaked

Refund pls

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Right? Broken images? I thought this thread was for cool bugs only!

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Cool Bug Thread > bird thread

Not only is the content of this thread better, it is also more friendly to kids. I am not allowed to visit the bird thread anymore due to the amount of c-o-c-k-s and t-i-t-s present. I do not know how my school has managed to determine which threads are acceptable for viewing, but I’d just like to point out that the Cool Bug Thread wins in the family friendly department.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
We try

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Nonsense. The bug thread doesn't even have bees in it.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
The bug thread is just Cricket posting a bunch of broken images. Of course the bug pictures are family friendly when they don't actually exist.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Okay I will say that I can’t currently see any of the pictures that Cricket has posted, but it’s the effort that counts. However, the pictures aren’t entirely broken because I can see them on my phone.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
I'm starting to suspect Cricket has never even SEEN a bug, let alone taken a picture of one. This is some Emperor's New Clothes shit, she's just been stringing us along and I won't stand for it!

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
:(

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Fine, I bring a peace offering:

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
He's beautiful! I want one of those.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
This is by the guy I mentioned in the Discord this morning. This little girl is about to get sliced in half, I'm sure Cricket will appreciate that.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago
Yes, I named her already.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day, Cricket.

Cool Bug Thread

4 years ago

The moth looks like ham and cheese
It should be put in a sandwich and grilled