Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Anyone here done any animation? I tried my hand back in the day when I was still in a band. It's pretty primitive, but that was the idea. I'd love to see any one else's stuff. Zahbahloo: The Language of the Dead - YouTube  

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Great! Can you post your stuff?

DIY Animation

3 years ago

The text is a link. ^_^

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Oh, wait, I just realized you posted the link, Avery. Pretty nice stuff. Did you use After Effects to do this?

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Lol, no. I don't have any kind of animation making programs, so I just used Photoshop and then posted the pics frame by frame into windows movie maker. :p

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Avery, I used Windos Movie Maker too!  You did very good graphics.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Lol! I have learned to hate Windows Movie Maker with a passion... And thanks so much! Though I definitely made the drawings too small.

DIY Animation

3 years ago
Cute AF! But damn the apocalyptic lightning Briar lol!

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I know, things got pretty intense there for a sec. Poor little mouse. :'(

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I took a small anamation class but don't know if i kept the things i made.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Matthaeus, if you can find it, it'd be great to see what you've done.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

sadly i wasn't able to find them but i'll keep looking. i'm certain i saved them somewhere.

DIY Animation

3 years ago
That's pretty trippy lol, I like it. The music is great too. I know MHD is going to animation school.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Wait, wait, wait... So this means... MHD cartoons? O.O

DIY Animation

3 years ago

epicing drawing skills + epic anamation skills= best thing ever

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Yes but I'm still only a beginner animator.

If anyone ever wondered how I can draw so fast. :~P

DIY Animation

3 years ago

... Were you just hitting on End, Mizal and Berka? O.O

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I was inviting them to a tea party! :~P

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Well, I think I caught BZ giving you a look for a second there. ^_^

DIY Animation

3 years ago
Especially the animation at the start reminded me of the old Walt Disney stuff in all the right ways with those changes in expression. Seriously it's like you're naturally gifted at all of this

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Awh, thank you so much! I really love it and hope I can make a stable career of it.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

MadHatterDaughter, that's really good! Your talents are vast.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Thank you! It was and still is a lot of practice!!

DIY Animation

3 years ago
What's the story on the one eyed alien chick?

And I got unduly excited seeing me and End and Berka there for half a second.

DIY Animation

3 years ago
Yeah, that was a nice cameo haha!

DIY Animation

3 years ago

We had to make up a character for class so I created a dorky alien that is easy to animate. She came to Earth intent on conquering the planet but fell in love with it instead. :~)

(I did animate a really rough short scene of the CYS western universe way back. Maybe I'll go digging for it.)

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I want to SEE!!! ^_^

DIY Animation

3 years ago
Oh shit yes I want to see this. Somehow I missed this post.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I've watched this so many times now. ^_^

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I can't wait for the full-length feature film.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

If you actually make an animated show, I could be a voice actor. In all honesy I'm amazing at changing my voice. And as i was watching i just imagined what everyon sounded like

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Thanks, Mizal!

DIY Animation

3 years ago
Magic Sherri dropping those elbows on the flying clown houses!

Damn that had a cool vibe.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

BerkaZerka, I'm glad you liked it!

DIY Animation

3 years ago
When I was around 10 or 11 I did some Lego stop motion animations but they were really bad and I deleted them all back in like 2015 out of embarrassment. Around the same time I deleted the stop motion animations, I also toyed with the idea of becoming an animator and actually did some that turned out just as crappy, but I was pretty proud of them at the time. However, I quickly realized that to be an animator you have to be a talented artist and be very patient. Hint: I'm not either of those things. Needless to say, it didn't work out and I don't have anything that I did saved anymore.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

Chris113022, I think you can do it. Most skills are developed. It's mostly a matter of sticking to it in spite of making less-than-stellar stuff. There isn't a writer on this site who hasn't written garbage they're embarrassed by.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

I enjoy doing animatics for songs! I don't really feel comfortable sharing them here, though.
I use ms paint and the default video editor app for windows, so they're super simple.

DIY Animation

3 years ago

bondogggle, if you ever feel comfortable sharing your animatics, it'd be great to see them.

DIY Animation

2 years ago

It's not much, but sometimes I try my hand at making short gifs of historical events.

our-children-shall-remember-this-day

DIY Animation

2 years ago
Beautiful. ^_^