Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Friday Night Questionnaire: Week 2

one year ago

Hello! Welcome back to Friday Night Questionnaire. Last night, we had some very interesting responses. @mizal expressed her dislike for dutch food, and @Typewritercat did the same for sweets. However, @Celicni with British food had the most valid opinion. Great job. But, without further ado, let's move on to tonight's question!

What are your predictions for the future?

This can be about anything: CYS, Your personal future, or humanity's future.

one year ago

I predict that I'll have to go to the orthodontist on Monday because I just broke my braces and my parents are busy all weekend. I also predict that humanity will end at some point and that more than five people will be shamed in the current contest. I can see the future. 

one year ago

one year ago
I subscribe to the camp of people who think that very soon automation will make humans unemployable.

one year ago
As a person who designs and creates those systems, I must tell you that you are stupid and know nothing.

one year ago
I mean I *am* stupid and know nothing about these things. This isn't "oooo chatgpt gonna take over the world." I've had this take for like 4 years now. You don't think in 10-15 years that a large amount of humans will lose their jobs to automation? Especially those in the transportation industry? When I think of tech development, I think of that one theory that talks about how it's exponental. 1000s of years to create stone tools, and in the last like 20 we've come super far. And in the next 20 we'll go further than we can imagine. But if you disagree then that's a huge relief for me. I don't want any big changes in my life tbh, besides a cure for aging to extend it. I think the world as it is now is the perfect level of technology.

one year ago

This is a little controversial, but I'll post it anyway. I think that one day someone will do something.

one year ago

Good job, Yummyfood. Your prediction came true.

one year ago

I must have the power of foresight. awesome

one year ago

Some kind of war or proxy war with China seems inevitable.

Even though it seems fairly immanent now, I'll still be technically right if it winds up taking 100 years. And by that point they'll have to pay me more because bet money collects interest

one year ago

The American education system is going to collapse within the next few decades. America as a whole is likely to follow soon afterwards.

one year ago

Yayyyy...

Edit: I just realized I came online for approx. five minutes and posted five times. I need some self control 

one year ago

Those are rookie numbers! Back in my day we used to post twice a minute!

one year ago

I pray to every god that exists you're correct.

one year ago
I see freedom - glorious, wonderful freedom.