Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hug CYS

one year ago
Absolute garbage community and website. Can't believe anybody would ever want to be here. Everybody who's anybody has gripes with this godforsaken website.

Why do you hate CYS?

Fuck CYS

one year ago

Well for one thing there's too many autistic retards running around on it.

Fuck CYS

one year ago
Absolutely 110% agree (though 110 percent can't really happen in the context of agreeing for hopefully obvious reasons it just doesn't make logical sense and I'm a very logical intellectual so I felt it was appropriate to point out that I don't really believe my statement entirely and that it's just a saying)

I have an idea of who probably counts as retarded around here but I'm not sure who all counts as autistic, your majesty.

Fuck CYS

one year ago

I know you, Sent and Cel have confirmed your autism. Gry probably is and given Sherb's recent bot patrol and subsequent achievement compilation, he's showing signs of it.

There's definitely more, but compiling such a list of who's who in CYStian autists would probably be better suited to one of the said autists.

Fuck CYS

one year ago

Sounds like we need a "CYS autists chart", to be voted on by the community. Is a member an autist or not?

Fuck CYS

one year ago

Actually, to the surprise of everyone, I'm not autistic. I this know because my parents and 2 doctors thought I was and I got tested. The testing people basically told them "Yeah, he's not autistic, he's just like that."

Fuck CYS

one year ago

Nice job being autistic enough to figure out how to game and beat the evaluation.

Fuck CYS

one year ago

Gryphon is just like that I guess

Fuck CYS

one year ago
I feel like there is one that already has such a list...

Fuck CYS

one year ago
>who all counts as autistic

Everyone, it turns out.

Hug CYS

one year ago

The very first thing I see lol

Hug CYS

one year ago

Hm, a member who joined during the thankfully short lived Pedo Mod Kiel Era is popping in for a visit.

Anyway you're still in the SHAME pit for whatever contest you failed to turn a story in.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Shameless slur usage. It's so unaesthetic and doesn't make you look good. Do better flops 🙄🙄💅💅💅💅💅https://youtube.com/shorts/OZpvPoqK-Kc?feature=share this basically describes the lingo around here. I wish I could be a badass and find out where you all work and send what you naughty unaesthetic people have been saying, unemployment rate around here would skyrocket. But to be fair I would also probably get expelled, it would be quite the double edged sword

Hug CYS

one year ago

lol, fag.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Being insulted makes me kinda... wet

Hug CYS

one year ago
Shut up, queer.

Hug CYS

one year ago

How did you know 😍😍😍😍😍

Hug CYS

one year ago

That's one...

Hug CYS

one year ago

Wait no please I'm sorry

Hug CYS

one year ago

Lol, okay you're back to zero.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Thank you! You're so aesthetic! On a serious note, why does everyone use slurs here, its scary

Hug CYS

one year ago

Normal words can't describe how retarded you are.

Hug CYS

one year ago

I'm so wet

Hug CYS

one year ago
Because they're fun to say and they keep Twitter fags and retarded TikTok zoomers away, while ensuring the only actual degenerates here are the based kind who would've led armies to crush the ancient world.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Hooah

Hug CYS

one year ago

Help you guys think you would've led armies-

Hug CYS

one year ago

Yeah because my boss would care sooo much about what language I use in a niche storywriting site. Lol fuck off.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Hmm, I love being insultef

Hug CYS

one year ago
Oh.

You're one of those.

Hug CYS

one year ago

The current approved language expires every 5 minutes because it's an effeminate system of courtly manners derived from social aspirants trying to cancel each other for clout and an audience. I prefer to stick with what works and what's funny rather than allow the masses to inflict their imperialist dialect upon me and my people, because like the Recieved Pronunciation and fancy silverware systems of the 1800s, it is literally a cultural trap designed to weed out those who aren't on the cutting edge of what is "correct" and make them lesser. I will never be correct to those twitteroid faggots for a variety of reasons, and my language may as well be one of them! At the same time, I can care about the minorities in my actual communities by, I dunno, contributing to it? I think that is a lot better than trying to superstitiously optimize how I speak and do things to appease friends I don't have.

But because I am interested in not being a hypocrite I will also respect members who choose not to say slurs and who talk funny because they're from other parts of the internet, I prefer wacky ecosystems.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Wacky ecoCYStems, if you will.

Hug CYS

one year ago
Aesthetic is a good and useful word that may not have any satisfactory synonym, will you really do nothing while it's defiled repeatedly right in front of you? This is our language, Sent, not Coins' mom.

Hug CYS

one year ago

That's the real conundrum here though, because the zoomer mutation of the term that applies to abstract matters of theme and genre, and points to a broader trend of re-sacralization or at least the demand for it in the art of the common people, is also a good and useful word with no satisfying synonym, and unlike things like literally or such, the multiple definitions appear to coexist harmoniously and rarely overtake each other.  This flop dialect might overuse it, but I overuse words like esoteric, deranged, and goblin for common things, because even though they have particular meanings, that is how I'm used to framing my world. So she chooses to paint her sunsets with a weirdly specific shade of flourescent ochre that we don't associate with sunsets- it is her right to do so! And it forces us to observe the sun through strange eyes, which is a fabulous power of writing in itself.

Hug CYS

one year ago
(It's hard to debate this because I haven't actually been able to figure out what she's trying to communicate when she says it.)

Hug CYS

one year ago

I'm trying to communicate that you all are meanies! Im sad

Hug CYS

one year ago
Commended by Sherbet on 4/3/2023 9:11:48 PM

In common vernacular Aesthetic as a noun has often come to refer to a collection of visual and audio themes designed to make a particular point, signify a time or movement, evoke a complicated and multifaceted emotion, or simulate another state of being.

So examples of these "Aesthetics" in the common zetigeist might be, say, something like

Making a particular point: Cyberpunk is a portrayal of the future from a pessimistic lense, often expressing countercultural ideas and politics. A lot of the punks originally were about this in some way before the genres became a lot more broad aesthetics that encompassed the other categories.

Signify a time or movement: This one is fairly straightforward and one of the ways people normally seem to talk about aesthetic even if they're old. Glam Rock, the Rennaissance, and Soviet Communism all have a very recognizable aesthetic that you can see or hear almost instinctively whenever you think about them unless you're a blasphemous husk like Celicni, and even then he probably at least has data to remind him of what these times looked like though he cannot feel and comprehend it.

Evoke a complicated and multifacetted emotion: a common joke in modern circles is to take images or experiences and then make extremely specific and exagerrated metaphors or similes about how they make you feel, and that's sort of what this is about. There's a difference between being sad in a way that makes people listen to old country music for catharsis, and being sad in a way that makes people listen to emo music for catharsis, and it's possible to be a person that experiences both rather than one or the other. You probably have had "Playlist for 18th century villains watching the downfall of their enemies" or whatever come up in your recommended, and this is exactly that kind of thing.

Simulate another state of being: This is kind of the culmination of all the previous things, but with a sort of emphasis on almost ritualistic immersion in a time and place you are not, and you don't even necessarily have to go all out to do this. Listening to sea shanties while in an imaginitive mood in order to sort of escape the drudgery of repettitive physical tasks can be one thing, working out to "viking music" or fantasy metal- Or using the Star Trek ambient ship noise to fall asleep, are all examples of this.

There are also personal aesthetics, which become especially prevalent in teenage girl culture and by extension all of the ones we're going to be talking about in this internet anthropology lesson. To put a more wholesome and less narissist-accusatory spin on it than the analyses of this interpretation of aesthetic currently do, these would be all the little extrapersonal things that remind people of you personally- and everyone has one of these. Knit blankets, the green bay packers, and certain manners of speech remind me of my Grandma, for example. Necromancy and shadowy robed figures at this point are linked inextricably with Endmaster in CYS culture to the point where we wound up "finding" him in some of MHD's entirely unrelated art that one time. During the Tumblr Golden Age, (which was truly the cosmopoolitan hegemon of Teenage Girl Culture at one point during the 2010s and is the most obvious and direct ancestor of Current Teenage Girl Culture in the places where its diaspora have spread, notably Tiktok) however, there became a cultural consciousness of personal aesthetic as everyone could also personalize their blogs, and with this awareness often came people trying to control or at least fine-tune the way they appeared to other people and the emotions they evoked in other people as an aesthetic themselves. Their brand, so to speak. I'm certain you've heard someone in the 2010s meme by posting some funny inexplicable image and being like "this is my aesthetic" and that's sort of the only way I know to get the feeling across. This notion of personal aesthetic combined with all the previous ones is how you get these almost deliberately constructed subcultures at the intersection between fashion, music, and interior design, like "Dark Academia" and "Cottagecore" which, while cringy to us, are some of the only extant ways subculture has kind of carved out its survival in the internet age.

On Tiktok people, young girls in particular, are especially aesthetic-conscious due to the highly filtered and choreographed nature of its content. In the snippet of 15 seconds, an especially creative and ambitious person can make their life appear to be almost anything they want it to be. Naturally a lot of people crave this fantasy and so put a great deal of work into building their personal aesthetic.

Floptok Culture surrounds sort of comedic parodies of tiktok celebrities and forms this kind of rebellious teenage girl subculture within rebellious teenage girl subculture. They are like ironic fans of ironic celebrities except not quite ironic. The way that they use aesthetic to mean stuff like fashionable, good, and/or jurisprudentially cleanly, is sort of a parodic and deconstructive way of both making fun of people who think like that, but also acknowledging that they are not free of that pattern of thought. Holy shit 870 words is too much I'm ending this essay now before I lose it.

Hug CYS

one year ago
Christ.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Anyway, regardless, while there are no satisfying alternatives to Aesthetic in its actual dictionary use, the colloquial use has irreversibly colored it anyway and they seem to exist in a stable and somewhat beneficial symbiosis of each other. Nothing replaces Dictionary Aesthetic, but also nothing can cover the umbrella of ideosyncracy and subcultural development that Colloquial Aesthetic does, either. Neither of them can or will budge.

Hug CYS

one year ago

I commend your efforts, but know that I do not condone you risking your sanity in this way, Mr. Penguin.

Hug CYS

one year ago

I mean if she wants to talk like a retarded zoomer with all this flop business, that's jake with me, the main thing is she's going around demanding shit and acting like a whining faggot and that's just not going to fly around here since her charisma stat isn't high enough. I mean even Cel hates her and you know how much he likes teenage girls.

She'd be better off working on her Blowjob Carnival story or whatever it is.

In any case, nobody here is using slurs since nobody once has called anyone a nigger. (For any reason).

Hug CYS

one year ago

I'M SORRY! I'll try better I don't know what came in me when I demanded a duel from Mizal, I hope cel comes in me one day... But he wanted me to win so i think he still thinks im cute!

Hug CYS

one year ago

Lol. See now this is what's keeping you around on the forums.

I dunno, you seem to fit better on here than on the Discord. Same situation happened with Ace, well actually you're already still better than Ace on the forums so there's more hope with you.

Hug CYS

one year ago
I don't want anyone coming in my server and least of all her.

Hug CYS

one year ago
I know that asking this probably result in ridicule, but what could I do to fit better on the forums? I seem to have a talent of protraying the worst of myself when I'm on here, and I would like to do less of that. So what things should I do to stop being an "annoying faggot". This is a genuine question from me and I hope it doesn't come across as annoying.

Hug CYS

one year ago

You're definitely going to get ridiculed and called an annoying faggot but I just wanted to pop in and say your avatar is extremely cute.

Hug CYS

one year ago
Thanks, I didn't like my last one and I wanted a good turtle avatar. I like my discord one, a pixel turtle with shades, but I've had that avatar for 6 years now and can't find the orginal picture. Also, I know I've said this a thousand times, but because I said I'd review your game 9 months ago, I can't believe it's been that long, I promise to review it within 6 weeks from this day. My finals end 5 weeks from now, so that should be more than enough time.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Am I cute :D

Hug CYS

one year ago

Not much, you've actually long gotten to the point where you don't even bother me anymore. Anything I say about you is mostly just for a cheap lol.

However, you managed leave a permanent bad impression on just about everyone else. I'd say that's probably due to their bad idea of getting to know you better and paying attention to your posts.

Hug CYS

one year ago
Thanks, it means a lot to hear you say that because your writing is amazing and has been a big inspiration to me. I've thought for a long time about what to say here, but mostly just thanks for writing, it's had a big impact on me and I'm sure a lot of others.

Hug CYS

one year ago

Inspiring the youth to be better versions of themselves for the future is a mission I didn't originally set out to do when I first started this IF writing thing, but nowadays I see it's definitely needed more than ever.

Glad at least some can be saved if only to a minor degree in some cases.

Hug CYS

one year ago

How is it your language?

Hug CYS

11 months ago
holy shit you guys went off

Hug CYS

11 months ago
dead site

Hug CYS

11 months ago

Bumping this thread because it's so true!

Hug CYS

11 months ago

Flop era :P