Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

New topic.

Yesterday night, my family and I had to unexpectedly put down our beloved Great Dane. Today, I'm very sad, even if my posts don't show it. (I stayed in the room for it and was legit crying so hard and didn't want to leave her behind. She was my favorite out of all the dogs we've had. Ever. She had such a personality you could almost mistake her for having a human soul. The sadest part is she was only three. She got Bloat, which is when the stomach bloats from a combination of air, stomach acid, and food, which caused her stomach to twist, which pinched a vein leading to the heart. Surgery cost would have been $10,000-$14,000, and there was a chance she would still die from the surgery, and if she lived, she'd have a high risk of all kinds of heart problems and/or need her liver removed and...all kinds of bad stuff...)

So today, I want to hear other peoples stories about their pets. It doesn't have to be about you putting a beloved pet down (Unless you really, REALLY want to). I just want to hear funny stories of things your pets have done. :,)

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago
Well, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Thanks... :,(

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

That is sad. Sorry to hear that.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Much appreciated... :(

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Poor pup. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure her last moments were made better with you being in the room with her for it.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Yes. I held her paw for some of it, because she'd always give you her paw if she wanted to get pets. Then when she was gone I hugged and kissed her head for a good five to ten minutes before my dad coaxed me to let her go...

....gosh dang it....I'm crying again.... T^T

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Awh, I'm really sorry to hear that, Raven. Losing a pet is always heartbreaking. And it's such a shame that she was so young. Sounds like she had a very happy life though, and was very, very loved.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

She was....I love her so much... T^T

My whole family loves her....loved her.

I will forever be thankful that I was able to spend a last one-on-one time with her yesterday, despite my busy schedule. It was in the afternoon and I was lying on the floor with her. She would paw at my hand and I'd pet her. Then she laid her head on my leg and we sat there like that for a good thirty to fourty minutes....just hours before we put her down.... T^T

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

:( I'm sorry. Losing an animal is always hard.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Yeah... :(

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago
post selfie with pet for my immersion

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

I would, but I don't want my picture or her's out for the public just yet. I might do that when I start making Minecraft content. :(

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago
are you gonna contribute to the cys server or not

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

I could come up with something for that. Any thing I need to know before I do?

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago
it's pretty well decided it'll be a red desert world - work with that

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago
I'm sorry for your loss, especially so young. My family has always had big dogs (primarily GSD's), and bloat is unfortunately one of those things that comes with the territory with them and something nobody tells you to watch out for until it happens. That's a hard thing to watch, especially if it was due to something traumatic like bloat, when it's totally out of left field. Like Dire said, I'm sure she was comforted just by your presence. We've had to put numerous animals down over the years, and it never really gets "easier" so I do really feel for you right now, and if you'd like to talk about it more feel free to shoot me a message. :^)

Some stories/anecdotes:

- We adopted Velma & Daphne a couple years ago from this cat shelter, they were sisters & a bonded pair so of course we got them both, lol. I was working from home at the time, so they really got spoiled attention-wise. Daphne used to play fetch, and loved playing with hair ties, to the point where she ran outside one time and the only way I could get her to come far enough out from under a bush was to take the one out of my hair and snap it onto the front step (obviously way funnier in retrospect, I was so stressed out during). She was also super clingy - constantly attached at the hip. She also was super food motivated, and would wake me up by batting me in the face so she could have breakfast. Which is fine, except she'd do it at 4 in the morning and wouldn't give it a rest until I got up, lol. Even when she got sick & didn't have the energy to really do anything she perked up at those dumb hair ties, lol. Like not even anything special, just the black ones you can get a pack of 50 at the store of for like... $3.

- Velma is about equally obsessed with playing with those laser pointers, to the point she'll bring you pens, lighters, markers, really anything that is approximately the same size and shape and meow pitifully at you. Except she only chases it for 2 minutes and then lays there and watches it. She also likes playing "shadow puppets" which is about what you'd expect, and she also screams until you push her around in the laundry basket like its a boat. She's a menace. She also has this little pop up tent she's had since she's a kitten, that's raggedy as hell and she bites your feet and shit if you get too close to her while she's in it, smh.

- We got two other cats from a crack house (allegedly) about a year ago, named Orange and Philomena. Phil is even more of a menace than Velma (she learned from the best) and Orange likes going up to our German Shepherd and smacks her until she puts his head in her mouth (gently) and then he screams like he's being murdered... but then will go back and do it again. So idk what's up with that. He also refuses to eat dinner if it's any form of wet food that isn't pate. Like he won't eat shreds, etc. He also refuses to eat dinner if it's not chicken flavored. SMH.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

Not too many years ago, I had a little dog named Sweetie. She was a black and white cocker spaniel/poodle mix-breed. My family had inherited her from my late great-grandmother, and when she died we took Sweetie in. Great-Grandma loved dogs and when her previous two pets died, and she had the heart to adopt another dog that came from a place of cruel neglect. We were happy to give her new pet a home after she passed away. I wasn't used to having pets that size around me. I wasn't used to dogs, but after having her I grew to love her very much. Near to the age of fifteen, she had to be put to sleep. She was experiencing constant seizures and had trouble with basic life functions. Even anticipating her decaying health and trying to have conversations about what to do in future was difficult for me. It was hard not to cry then, and when she passed I cried even harder. It was sad, but it was a good sadness. I could only cry that much because she had given me much joy in life. I'll never forget her. When I can afford to support and give attention to one, I'll definitely get another dog.

Some pleasant memories I have of her included some silliness. She could be such a loud dog at times because she was trained by my aging great-grandmother to bark incessantly whenever somebody would enter the house. We tried to train her out of it, but it never took. She was usually very energetic, even in her old age. She loved to run and explore, and she would always come back if she somehow found an opening in the fence. I remember some sweet moments where we would take naps together on my bed. She would sometimes growl, but she never bit anyone. She didn't always behave, but she knew how to love. She was a sweet dog, and lived up to her namesake. I still miss her a lot, but I'm grateful to God for the memories I have of her.

All Dogs Go To Heaven

2 months ago

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the memory of good times with her is a comfort. 

As for a funny story, I used to have a cat and a bunny. They're both no longer with us but when they were, my bunny used to chase the cat around the house. My cat was genuinely scared of the bunny. It was kind of funny considering the cat was about quadruple the size and is a predator animal while the bunny was four pounds, ate a diet of almost entirely vegetables, and was so stupid he'd run full speed into walls. Luckily the bunny was scared of hardwood floors so he stayed only on one half of the house, allowing the cat some reprieve.