Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Hello! I'm new to the site!

My name is Holly and I really love anime, Japanese-style RPG, American Life Simulation, and video games!

I was Googling "create your own game free online" or something like that and this popped up! So glad I found it!

Is there anything I should know before making my first game? If so please tell me!

I'm a Kitsune!

I hope to contribute quality storygames and help to create a fun and happy environment!

Mata ne!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Pff, what is it with people and their silly half-animal antics? It's ridiculous! Everyone knows that convergent evolution is only useful when you take on traits that are actually useful! Like an armored layer of skin, or jaws and teeth and shit! Being a kitsune is practically decorational in nature!...

blatant racism aside, welcome to the site.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Are you trying to imply something?

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Only that it comes in handy. I mean, I sure as hell can't bite half of someone's neck apart/chew someone's arm off, and neither can a kitsune with those tiny human jaws. It's only useful for super-hearing and running away before more dangerous anthropomorphs get you!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

For old times sake.

You are a Duck. Not a penguin.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

I'm not either of those things, you honorless fuck!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Pft, honorless. This coming from a spork lover.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

I sure as hell could rip my opponents apart limb by limb. Plus I use a bow for quicker targets. So I hope the kitsune hears me with those ears before I get to close xD. Anyway welcome to the site and enjoy yourself. 

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
However, there's definitely a downside to having detigrade legs when you only have two of them. I mean, you can fall from higher distances, and your strides are a few inches longer, (I guess?) but the only thing it does is create even more need for a tail to keep from falling over, due to having already tough-to-balance legs on a humanoid body, which is basically an upside-down pendulum. I would not recommend doing Zui Quan competitvely.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Hello Kitsune! Welcome to CYS!

If you need help with anything or have any questions, it's best you go to the 'help and info' section. Or you can ask me or any of the other members here. 

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Hey there! Welcome to CYS. If you'd like to get in some writing practice before formally starting a story, so you can get feedback from some of our more experienced members, I'm about to kick off some weekday writing exercises. Everyone's welcome to participate, and there will be point rewards for exceptional work / excellent participation.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
Kon'nichiwa, Holly-kun!

Welcome aboard!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Welcome - try the story editor - it's ~ fabulous ~  ^v^

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
Welcome!  :)

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

HI! Welcome to the site Holly! I'm glad you like anime i like it to! i'm actually such a nerd when it comes to it. Anyway i hope you enjoy the site. If you need any help i'd be happy to oblige. 

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
A catgirl? (Well, close enough to one.)

I approve!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Paging killa!

EDIT: You time-travelling piece of shit. 

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
You didn't even page me right, you failure.

@Malkalack

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Hey, be nice. I aint gonna put up with no fightin'.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Not like ya ain't go no 'thoritae hea!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Welcome and hello. I hope you enjoy the site and all the wonderful people/creatures that haunt it. laugh

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
Hello and welcome to the site. For tips on storygames and the site, do check out the help and info section. There is a lot there that can help you creating your first story!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Welcome to the site.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Welcome to the site and having used wikipedia to find out what a kitsune is I am impressed you have learned to use your paws to type :) With writing your first story I'd recommend take your time on it and give it to a friend or two to read before unleashing it into the community as rapidly-written stories do not always receive an all-loving and joy-invoking reception. Most of all enjoy your time here, there are some great stories/games to read :D

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
She doesn't have paws. The modern version of a Kitsune is a human with the ears and tail of any given four-legged woodland predator that Deviantart finds universally adorable. Like her profile pic, for example.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Yokoso!

You may to be disappointed to learn this site is mostly filled up with Humans, though, we do have a rodent and a penguin. Oh, and some guy who wears a creepy hood.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
I am not a penguin you pathetic weed! There are a billion differences between Meghite and Penguins!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

"billion differences"

"different"

Kay. The only difference between you and other penguins, is that you got dropped on your head a little too much. If I knew where you were holed up, I'd report you to the Penguin Health Service.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

I'm not creepy! x.x *grumbles* You should talk, Mr. floating carnivorous vines.

(Yes, I know you're not actually referring to me.)

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
He said "some guy who wears a creepy hood" and not "some creepy guy who wears a hood", so I think you're safe.  :P

I, on the other hand, wear a hat.  :)

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Thank you all! I really appreciate the advice!

It seems as though there are some other interesting characters on-site! ^w^ Glad to meet you all!

I'll do some testing and playing around with the features to get the hang of things, then I might pop over to Help and Info, maybe stalk the Advanced Editor forum for ideas and further help. Kansha!

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Welcome to the site, I hope to read your works. Make sure not to go- kakaakakkak koo koo! 

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

And I a helmet tis that I wear. 

"There is no try, there is do or do not."

-Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

That hat of yours is the only good looking thing you offer. Your face looks like it was dropped in a bowl of acid and left there for a week or two. I'd mistake it for a Halloween mask if I didn't know any better.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
Flattery will only get you so far.  I'll have you know that this face has made tens of dollars modeling for Halloween masks.  You'd think I was a famous actor or some kind of rock star with all the squeals I receive on the street or in dark alleys, but no, it's just me — some ordinary guy who just happens to have looks that can stop traffic and that thousands of people try to emulate at least once a year.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

You obviously had some work done though. I distinctly remember you not having a nose before, having a more decayed appearance, less teeth, and not having fancy clothes like the top hat and suit that you're showing off now.

Guess being a tenillionaire allowed you to indulge in vanity projects.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago
Thanks to modern technology, "got your nose" is no longer a life sentence.  ...and for mere pocket change, anyone can look as dashing as me.

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

Vines? You damn specist! Is no one going to discuss how you literally have shiny lines all over your face, as well as no pupils? Who's the odd one now, Mr. Shiny Magician?

Kitsune On-Site!

8 years ago

I can't believe I didn't say hey sooner. Well I'll do it now: Hi Holly!