Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Nice, France

7 years ago

I hate this planet sometimes. :(

Death count is up to 77 now, but dozens more injured so I'm sure that will keep going up.

I don't even know all the details yet, I know there's a video of the truck out there but I really really don't feel like watching it just now.

Nice, France

7 years ago

Fucking humans.

Nice, France

7 years ago
That's terrible D:

Nice, France

7 years ago

That's very sad to hear.

Nice, France

7 years ago

Saw the name and thought "Looks like Mizal is being sarcastic. How did France fuck up this time?"

Found out "Nice" is a city, so that changes things.

People died.

Feel like a dick.

Nice, France

7 years ago

Oh wow! I didn't even notice that Nice was the name of the city!

You and me, pal. >_>

Nice, France

7 years ago
Pronounced like "niece."

Nice, France

7 years ago

Yeah the name of the town is a little unfortunate in that it's leading to some uh, interesting hashtaggery...

...and memes popping up immediately seeing as a lot of the internet is desensitized enough to this kind of thing that nothing less than a triple digit death toll phases them anymore.  

Felt a little weird googling 'nice attack' and 'nice death toll' to be honest >.>

Nice, France

7 years ago
I mean - what an unfortunate name though. Might as well have been Noice so the tweet would be like "Dozens dead after terrorist attack! #Noice #FKNREKT #GGFR"

Nice, France

7 years ago

You think they would've went #standwithnice or something, rather th a. just #nice, because  to be honest, the nice/Nice thing is quite funny.

Nice, France

7 years ago

A lot more details available since last night.

There was a guy on a motorcycle who actually drove up beside the truck and was trying to get into the cab to stop the driver, but, he slipped and was crushed because I guess that only works in action movies.

The driver had had run ins with French stories before but wasn't known to have terrorist ties.    

Oh, and the first person killed when the truck hit the crowd was a Muslim woman, mother of seven. Think that might've muddled your big message a little there, asshole.

Nice, France

7 years ago

I don't think she counts as Muslim in his eyes if she's living in France and not openly trying to help ISIS or any of that stuff.

Nice, France

7 years ago

There's a bunch of people posting about banning assault trucks now.

Nice, France

7 years ago

How retarded and butthurt.

Nice, France

7 years ago

That's honestly kind of hilarious. If a big enough fist fight breaks out somewhere, are we going to have people calling for mass-dismemberment?

Nice, France

7 years ago

They're sarcastic, I've just looked through like a dozen of them and yet to find a serious one.

Nice, France

7 years ago

... *pout* I'm not sure whether to be relieved that they're not that stupid or disappointed that I can't laugh at the stupidity anymore.

Nice, France

7 years ago

Religion of peace. 

Nice, France

7 years ago

Terrorism huh. #Nice

I don't get how they can convince people to just throw their lives away.

Nice, France

7 years ago

They're not exactly throwing their lives away. They believe they're going to a realm of eternal bliss after.

Nice, France

7 years ago

^This.

And the fact that people who usually join criminal organizations either don't have that much going for them, or they're having a really rough time of it and might've killed themselves anyway, like the gay guy who shot the bar and decided to randomly attribute it to Eyesore.

Which really just shows how big of a cliche this whole thing is. I'm really tired of seeing people commit suicide on the news. There's just no variety in it. I would've been scared by terrorism the first time, when the planes smacked the towers, but now it feels like it's a part of everyday crime, which is literally the opposite of the point of terrorism. It almost made me glad in a morbid way when I heard of the crazy army guy shooting at the cops, because it was something different, and that's really what terrorism should be. When you go on Wikipedia in a hundred years to look up terrorists, it should be as it was before all this nonsense, a colorful cast of different fringe lunatics over the course of decades trying to make a point because nobody listens to fringe lunatics. Something that'll make a mildly interesting wikipedia page in the future and give 14 y/os who think they're edgy and macabre something to read about when they want something equally edgy and macabre to read about.

But now it's just the same damn fringe lunatic killing themselves over and over again to make no point whatsoever, but rather to support a religious mafia that's convinced them they're going to kill everyone in their homeland who isn't them. So, not only is it too ridiculous to be scary, but it's just bland and pointless and being exploited for money by higher authorities than the ones that make it onto the news, just like everything else.

Century 21: Even our terrorism is boring and mainstream! Even our serial killers are un-creative gun users! When we die, it's much stupider than usual.

Nice, France

7 years ago

What ever happened to serial killers? Is it just me, or have they been replaced by mass shooters entirely here? 

Nice, France

7 years ago

Serial killers are over. It's just pedophiles and mass shootings now. Almost sad, serial killers are much more interesting.

Nice, France

7 years ago

I did hear that there was a serial killer on the news, so obviously there are still men of patience and appreciation for all the little wrong things in life, but unfortunately he's one of those lazy ones who shoots his victims and doesn't do anything interesting or different with them thereafter.

Nice, France

7 years ago

And the fact that people who usually join criminal organizations either don't have that much going for them, or they're having a really rough time of it and might've killed themselves anyway, like the gay guy who shot the bar and decided to randomly attribute it to Eyesore.

These aren't the typical kind of people who join gangs or turn to crime because they're poor and disenfranchised and looking for a place to belong or whatever the usual explanation is though. So many of the attackers tend to be college educated people with plenty of opportunities, so weirdly enough I'd say they have more in common with the suburban white guys who shoot up schools. The Columbine shooters were all about the Nazi ideology, and now radical Islam is the big attractive thing for people who are fucked in the head to this degree, you get to go out with a bang and you're praised for it and promised mass murder sends you to heaven. 

People make a big deal about all the refugees in Europe, when really they don't get up to much more than a bit of sporting rape and it's the 2nd and 3rd generations that get bored or comfy enough to get involved in terrorism after taking advantage of all the free education, free health care, government aid and all and going 'you know this is such a nice country, how about we start pushing to create a war-torn theocratic hellhole just like the ones our parents fled from right here'. 

Nice, France

7 years ago

Nice, France

7 years ago

I thought this was a thread about complimenting France.

This is not a thread about complimenting France.