Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Excellent Trolling by Disney

7 years ago

So Disney in their efforts to be more progressive in this day and age, Disney decided to make a big deal about the fact that they made Le Fou gay in the new Beauty and the Beast movie.

LOL

Along with pissing off the usual people that aren’t going to take their children to see the movie because they might catch the gay, Disney also pissed off some of the heterosexually impaired community since Le Fou isn’t exactly the best representation. The dude is an annoying sycophantic little toady. He’s not even a good henchman for the main villain Gaston and his name literally translates to "The Fool."

Though to be honest, it was pretty obvious back in the cartoon version Le Fou was gay for Gaston, so it isn’t like this is a big stretch.

7 years ago

Disney... (._.)

7 years ago
The little clock dude was probably gay too.

But yeah LeFou would presumably be gazing starry-eyed at Gaston the whole time regardless, but this way people get to make a huge deal about it. And the ones feeling personally insulted that an annoying comic relief character is gay probably post on COG.

The director is apparently saying it's just a small moment and trying to play it down now after the whole thing very predictably blew up.

He's hardly the first gay Disney character, though, and not even the first gay villain. Scar still proudly holds his place among the evil queens.

7 years ago
Scar was gay?! Didn't he have a cub who would marry Simba's kid in one of those forsaken sequels?

7 years ago
Lol, well Jeremy Irons voiced him gay as hell and they modeled so much of Scar's speech and mannerisms after him it's really hard for me to see him as anything else.

Don't speak of the sequel. The sequel never happened.

e: I'm actually not sure now whether Jeremy Irons himself is gay, but he's a British actor so I always just assumed

7 years ago

Actually, that wasn't Scar's kid in the sequel, it was the kid he chose to be his heir.

7 years ago
Well he was clearly intended to be Scar's kid, pretty sure someone went 'Oops...but the incest!' at some point during production and threw a line in to fix it.

But maybe this brave new Disney that has a gay LeFou will also allow a lioness to fuck her dad's cousin.

7 years ago

Actually I think Kaa predates Scar as a gay Disney villain.

7 years ago

I always felt like the Gypsy-hating priest guy from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was gay. I mean, it makes a lot more sense that he'd try to avoid God's judgement for his gayness by overcompensating with his straightness. Like, "WOW! That passing glance at a gypsy chick made me INCREDIBLY HORNY! Better kill her so that I don't go to hell for the EXTREME HETEROSEXUAL LUST THAT I AM EXTREMELY FEELING RIGHT NOW!"

There were also gay heroes, because the muscular gargoyle in that movie was gay as fuck.

7 years ago

Scar swings both ways. There was a deleted scene where he tried to rape Nala. Hell, it had a song and everything!

7 years ago

Lol, apparently the Henagar Drive-In Theatre isn't planning to show this movie because of this. Glad to see that some business operators are all too happy to hurt their business and their paychecks, not to mention inconveniencing all who live near them that want to see the movie. I mean, what kind of a business man, regardless of his religious beliefs, would want to lower the potential income from his business? Not only that, but there's potential damage to the reputation of the establishment; there are already regulars who are planning to not return to the theater.

7 years ago
IDK, somebody at Disney seems pretty willing to potentially hurt their business/damage their reputation with on this one, based on their beliefs. So you think they shouldn't have?

7 years ago

The decision to include a gay character was in an art form, not comparable to business matters. If all creators of art forms removed all elements of their work that could arouse controversy, the value of their work would be significantly reduced. While this business, on the other hand, does not lose anything by removing this controversy from their business matters; it prospers instead.

Also keep in mind that Disney is a much bigger corporation than the drive-in, meaning damages impact the drive-in more than Disney.

7 years ago

I think that was the guy who said “If I can’t watch the movie with God or Jesus by my side, then the movie gets no play in my theater.”

7 years ago
No one can force him to run a movie he doesn't want to, but regardless of his feelings on a gay dude in a children's movie, this is probably one of the cleanest and most wholesome films that will be out this year.

So basically I don't understand how he can keep a movie theater open at all with standards that strict. Even Jesus would probably watch this movie, come on. Not so much a lot of the other trash Hollywood cranks out on a regular basis that I doubt he made any kind of scene about boycotting.

7 years ago

We don't need your logic and rationality. Think of the children! The movie might give them AIDS!

7 years ago

Agreed. Also, I think I caught a few characters wearing mixed fabrics!

Why can't we just go back to the old disney movies where the characters wore swatstikas?

7 years ago

Attacking the dude on acting on his morals rather than his morals instead seems pretty retarded. I mean, if it was a film promoting beating gays to death and people didn't want to show it and he was in an area where that had a market, would you criticize him not playing it?

7 years ago
Russia may ban the movie for being gay propaganda.

7 years ago
Yes that's right @Malkalack, your precious Russia. Which country will you masturbate over now?

7 years ago

Russia is dirty and reactionary, now. Russia in 1942, however, is the epitome of human culture and advancement. 

7 years ago

Lol fuckin' Reeb.

7 years ago

I'm so going to illegally download it and screen it in all of the after school children's programs now.

7 years ago

Fust me, that sounds spectacular. I love that idea.

7 years ago

How dare disney try to promote homosexuality in a movie all about beastiality!

7 years ago

Really as it's a humanoid beastman, it's really more of a furry thing.

Birthday Wishes

7 years ago

I'm going to watch it when it comes out due to the fact that the only thing someone wants for their birthday is to see it with me. I'm a big fan of Emma Watson (mostly because of my obsession with Harry Potter), so I look forward to seeing how she does.

7 years ago

They still should do a whole ghetto version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Rau01wbeo

Ghetto Version

7 years ago

That's gold.

7 years ago

This video was just what I needed today. ^-^