WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Message

Don't know your Pages from your Links? Stuck in the editor? Find some expert help here.

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

H-hi guys. My name's Jamie and, as you can tell, I'm new on here. I'm very awkward and shy so if I don't talk often, that's why. It's nice to meet you :)

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

I'll be sure to take a gander, thank you :)

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago
@Plelb : I heard a mic drop somewhere

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Hmm... Banner's trying to exhaust all possible links I could use, looks like I need a new strategy. 

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Thanks, I'm sure I will

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

I'll just warn you now that if you ever cross me I will end your life by throwing pancakes at you and beating you with sugar cubes.

Welcome to the site :D

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Welcome, Jamie ^_^

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Hi! ^-^ I ish shy too. >-< Sometimes

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago
Uhm... this is a bit awkward, but... *whisper (your profile is naked)...

And welcome~

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

*joins whispering awkwardly* (omygerd D: it says "No Profile Entered" We wanna know more about you, Jamie!)

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

*Joins* A naked stranger? This is why we need a default profile picture for CYS. Too many nudes.

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Ya. We're not in the Renaissance.

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

What's wrong with nudes?

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago

Hi, I'm New

9 days ago
So... so pale... *hurk!

Hi, I'm New

10 days ago
Welcome, and it's nice you've introduced yourself. I hope you write stories CYS enjoys to read.