Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20130002 - Minor Update & New Look Preview

11 years ago

The new look is getting pretty close; if you guys want to test it out, visit this page and click [set render 2]. The new home page is kinda done as well.

Feed back appreciated!

11 years ago

It's sooo different. Thanks for your hard work, man. I wish it weren't so dark but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

10 years ago

That was so different! surprise

11 years ago

I could get used to that :)

Just one thing I think worth pointing out - in the Forums. when a Thread begins to go off the 'Board' to the right, the white background is transparent enough to see the 'Board Edge' behind it, so that it cuts the thread into two separate (though close) colors.

Check it out in some of the game threads to see what I mean.

11 years ago

I'm liking it.

11 years ago

Really liking the new look. 

11 years ago

It looks much better. I like it.

11 years ago

I like the new look, but it feels weird not having the buttons at the side. 

Edit: Will there be an option to use the old look?

11 years ago

Is it only just me? Or this looks a bit creepy...

I like the list of the storygames BTW.  :D

11 years ago

The new site is really good!!! I love it so much. You're very talented. I wish I was this good of a web designer as you are. lol. the little prototype websites I make in class are the best in my class, but they're nothing compared to this. Great job man.

11 years ago

There is one problem though, when I go to "my stuff" I can't go anywhere on the side bar.

11 years ago

Can you elaborate on this? A screenshot would be awesome (use like imgur.com or something),

11 years ago

No idea how to make a screenshot even with the site you listed, but I assume she means that when one presses "My Stuff" on the new loom site, the sidebar doesn't work yet.

11 years ago

That is exactly what I meant xD thank you Aman

11 years ago

Assuming PC

Hit PrtScreen (a button on your keyboard). Open up paint. Hit Ctrl+V. Save the file to your computer. Upload the file to the site Alex gives. Paste the link here! :)

11 years ago

The My Stuff sidebar.

Thanks 3J! :)

10 years ago

ya you can't click anything on the left sidebar. Just found that out.

10 years ago

Yeah I tried to access my pictures but I couldn't do it. Other than that the new website style is great. Much more sophisticated and cool looking.

11 years ago

Its looking really nice. I especially like the background for some reason I can't explain

11 years ago

Holy carp I didn't know that clicking 'new render 2' will make all my pages weird... I mean new.

Scared the crap out of me.

11 years ago

Can't say for certain that it's totally different from the "New Storygame List" update, but nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it.

11 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks the background is too flowery? It seems really fru fru, and doesn't represent the site well at all. I get that it's an old-timey woodcut, but there have to be better ones out there.

10 years ago
I agree. The background is unnecessary and distracting. I looked at it on Chrome and now it's default on that browser (using Safari now). The current site format could use a little sprucing up, but I don't see the advantage of the major change with the new one. It's horribly "noisy" as well. Design simplicity is the priority now.

Chuck

10 years ago
Had to reboot Chrome and then all is well on return. Disconcerting because the buttons on the left do not work in the new design.

Chuck

11 years ago

HOLY COW! That is so cool!

11 years ago

Nice Work!

11 years ago

I think the story games page is to difficult to navigate.

11 years ago

I cannot find the search bar

11 years ago

however i did some more looking around and I really like the new profile page. It looks much nicer.

11 years ago

Maybe just a shade or two lighter gray for the forum posts background?

11 years ago

I think I agree.

10 years ago

This is so cool. I love how it looks professional but still fun.

10 years ago

It looks fantastic. I love it.

10 years ago

Just to throw it out there, like the new look a lot. But for me there's one big drawback, that's the fact you cannot see who's online.

10 years ago

Maybe there should be a right sidebar for that...Just maybe...

10 years ago

An AFK bar sounds good too.

10 years ago

Definately need to be able to see Who's Online  =)

10 years ago

100% required.

10 years ago

Or maybe the current system of having it at the bottom will do?

10 years ago

I'd actually prefer it if you could have an option to be invisible. I've never cared for the feature that automatically shows that you're online.

10 years ago

Why?

10 years ago
I'm with you, I don't really see the need for it, either.

10 years ago

I find having the 'Who's Online' available make it handy for PMing folks that frequent the site. Also good for the logistics of some forum games.

And for lending a sense of 'activity' to the site...

10 years ago

I don't have any problem with keeping the feature, I just wish there was an "invisible" option for people that don't want everyone automatically knowing that they're online.

10 years ago

OOH Endmaster's online!!!! 

*Rushes off to PM him*

10 years ago

I see what you mean now, like the feature that most forums have that allow you to click the checkbox that says "Hide Online Status"?

I never looked, but I thought we had that already.

*goes to look in profile...

10 years ago

Yep (or nope as the case may be) - we don't have the option here, but it makes sense to add it  :)

10 years ago

Like, for instance, me. I used to PM him way too much whenever he was online. Although, sadly enough, I'm probably not the reason.

10 years ago
I suppose those are good points. I've just never had to use it before, so it's always just seemed pointless to me.

10 years ago

I like that new look, I'm more used to it because it shaped more like some game sites. Addictinggames uses the same dark look and it really makes the games bold. (Or at least the last time I visited it)

10 years ago

Uh... has anyone brought it to your attention that you cannot play story-games when you set render 2?

10 years ago

Well, the look isn't finished yet. It's just a look.

10 years ago

That's what I though when I saw it.

10 years ago

It's pretty cool! though I don't like the list view when your at the story games screen. I like the view we have already.

10 years ago
I took a look at the new site, now I'm seeing that as my default view. I am not a fan of the flower background. I deleted my browser history but this still pops up. This window for posting a message reply is tiny! Thanks.

10 years ago

Just go to the page where you changed it to the new view and select the first render.

10 years ago

My ONLY complaint is the story game list. it's a pain, I like the divided sections better, if they could do that with the new looks (IE Fonts color, theme, etc. Then ya I am all for it. The long list is terrible. Other than that keep up the work, The neutrality of the new Theme is much better on my eyes.

10 years ago

looks good

10 years ago

I love the look of it, but you guys really ought to keep the current system of grouping the story links and listing the top ones by genre. IMO it's easier on the eyes than a straight list and makes the really good stories more immediately visible without all that scrolling.

10 years ago

Looks cool. As others have noted, it does bring a more professional look, giving it a more story-based look.

Don't like the new way story games are listed, I like the boxes, though I do like the search option to look for a game you haven't rated.

I like it ^_^

10 years ago

Hi,

It's different, I wish we could still view who's online. I didn't really look at the storygames section all that much, and I don't know if it's jsut the featured games listed without being in a catigory, but if it's all the games, i think there should be catigorys. Also when are we going to be able to play games with this new look, when I click on the link, it doesn't bring up the story viewer.

10 years ago

Yeah, it would be much more homier like this.

10 years ago
Has anything more been accomplished?

10 years ago

I love the way the new site looks. I really wish that it would get done soon. (Even though this entire thread was pretty much posted over a year ago) It looks so modern and welcoming. Is it possible for users on this site to help contribute to finishing it?

It just goes to show you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it.

10 years ago
I hope we have the option of choosing the old look as well as the new look when it's released because I like the one we're currently using better.

9 years ago

I switched over to the new look. It's amazing! I also like how a lot of the errors/bugs that were mentioned before have all been fixed! The darker, more modern/classy look to this site makes it so inviting!

Thank you!

9 years ago

Hate to say it, but it glitched on me. It was working just perfectly, forums, editor, everything. Then I accessed one of the forum games and my view of the posts was like... waaaay off to the right side and I could not scroll back to the left to read any of the posts.

9 years ago

I love the new look of this site. It seems way more sophisticated, especially the flower motif and the dusty, atmospheric feel. I think the dark background works as it draws the readers attention to the text and is easier on the eyes. I also like the new format of the site as it makes it much easier for me to navigate around, especially the topbar and the ability to filter storygames. However, I'd like the storygames section to return to its older format with categories as it's easier to find storygames. Also, I think the tags are standing out a little too much, with both the large bold font and the dark highlight so I suggest losing the highlight and making the font smaller. Another thing which I'd like to see is a list of members which are online, but I agree with other people who want to introduce an invisible status. All in all, this new look is much better in terms of both appearance and navigation so keep up the good work and thank you for all your hard work making this! :D

8 years ago

Is there a way to set the render without having to go through this forum every time?

Also I really like that functionality is working on the new site. The only criticism that I have is the missing "storygame categories". I like having a list of storygames, but we can't sort by category anymore?

8 years ago

Pretty sure the plan is to sort by tag instead. New site isn't fully functional quite yet though.

8 years ago

It's largely unfinished by the creator of this site, @alexp

I expect most things to be brought over / grandfathered in, but it's been years since we've heard of any developments concerning the new "reskin", as it were.