Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Gambler broke even

4 years ago
Kenny Rogers just died at 81.

I'm legit sad the more I think about it. Look at that glorious grandfatherly mane of hair, this is a man who should've stopped aging and lived forever.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
F

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
These children never deserved him, Cricket.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
I'm disappointed in all of them

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
Still miss the guy :'(

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago

Also Kenny Rogers. Lebowski fans will enjoy this.

Just Checked In

Ain't No Sunshine

3 years ago
And now Bill Withers is gone, also at 81.

Not a good year for cool old musicians.

Ain't No Sunshine

3 years ago
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Sad to see another legend pass away. F

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
Legit sad about this as well.

Kenny Rogers will live in our memories and on Youtube (does that even count?) At least this was not related to the pandemic.

Morricone

3 years ago

Hey there, this made me think of you guys (even as I should be speed-writing my thesis) because you were the ones that finally made me watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I knew him well before that obviously, and I don't know how appropriate this thread-hijacking is, but iirc mizal was also quite fond of his music. I might hop back in once I'm graduated btw, we'll see.

He was 91 and his career was over, so I hope he was satisfied with what he had accomplished and with what his works still accomplish.

Here's a nice documentary from 1995:

"Morricone told me that there [in The Mission] he saw enacted something that he'd always believed, that music could be a source of salvation."

"What's important to me is the quality; what I hope people will remember about my music is a certain quality, even when the music had to be simple I always tried to make it recognizable."

Morricone

3 years ago
I saw the news this morning and was super bummed out. Double bummed out actually because of what life has been like for the elderly the last few months and what dying alone in a hospital would be like right now. His soundtracks for other movies gets more recognition here but The Mission has some of the most powerfully uplifting music I've ever heard. A huge and depressing loss to the world, although as everyone's said, he had a full life and left a great legacy behind and I guess there's not much more anyone can ask for. Also, nice to have you drop in Undr, even if it's for something like this.

Morricone

3 years ago
This is really ironic considering I rewatched The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly the other day. Kinda sucks but at least he lived a full life and gave us some kickass music along the way.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
And now it's Sean Connery's turn. I knew this one was coming but it still was pretty shitty news to receive.

Although dying peacefully in your sleep while chillin in the Bahamas with your family around at age 90 is pretty high up on the list of better ways to go.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago

I love how Barbara was completely wrong about her opening remark.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
That sure was a different time...

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago
I've been watching James Bond movies since yesterday.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago

Sean Connery and Alek Trebek...

Seems appropriate to share this gem.

The Gambler broke even

3 years ago

Yeah, those were usually consistently funny.

I think this one collects all the major moments of those.