Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas, everyone!
I hope you are all staying safe and warm and that you have a great weekend. I am currently drowning in fluffy blanketness, and my feet are sweaty, but otherwise this is glorious.

What is a favorite part of Christmas for everyone here?
I like buying and wrapping gifts for my family (I just ignore what it does to my bank account) and stuffing my face with cheese and summer sausage.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas!
I will also be indulging in summer sausage (because it was on sale and I actually had to buy two of them but whatever)

I'll be partaking in my usual Christmas Eve tradition of sitting in front of a fire and wrapping things while my cat pretends he's never seen fire before. Christmas will be spent with family. I am responsible for the apple pie this year.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
That sounds like a really nice Christmas Eve. You'd better not mess up the pie.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Thank you! I never mess up pie. Except a pumpkin one, once, but never apple.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Messing up pumpkin pie is forgivable, if it was only once.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Update: The apple pie was a hit. I'm told it was the greatest dish in the history of apples.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Good work, Sherbet. Where's mine though?

Merry Christmas

one year ago

I like hotpot

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Like the Japanese thing?

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas to you. As an Arkansan, I am contractually obligated to stand outside and stare at the bad weather, but it’s up to 12 today, so I should be mostly fine.

My favorite part of Christmas has been picking out gifts and wrapping them. It’s the closest thing to an art or craft that I’m good at.

It’s also become a tradition that I read this old story my grandmother has, aloud. It’s about some guy that shows up and makes costumes for all the children to have a Christmas costume ball for free. The rich kids dress as poor kids, the poor kids dress as rich kids, and some random kids dress as fairies. Then, the parents try to take the costumes off, but they’re magic and just won’t come off.

Eventually, I’m pretty sure that it turns out he did this because he’s in love with the mayor’s daughter, but he wouldn’t let them marry. He changes his mind and he lets the kids out. The whole story’s a bit communist flavored.

The best part of the story, though, is this middle section where the city council tries to get this witch outside of town to help, but she’s old and can’t hear them. So they go and get a soprano singer to sing their request all above high C. When she finally hears, she responds by just saying some kind of vaguely wise Mumbai jumbo. The council was obviously upset. They criticize her, and she responds by magically multiplying her cat until the council runs in terror.

The first time I found it, it had my brother and I in stitches, so now I read it every year, and we keep laughing. It’s milking a joke beyond reasonable expectations.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
The part with the witch sounds pretty great. XD

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas, my friend. I am also bundled up and seriously considering making hot chocolate.

My favorite part of Christmas is actually seeing that other people are having a good time, because I like seeing people be joyous. I also like being able to see my family, for the most part, as well as wearing sweaters and jackets in a part of the world that is usually on fire.

I hope you, and anyone reading this, has a nice holiday season.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Make that cocoa, Tim. That's an order.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas! Glad to hear you're (mostly) comfortable! My favorite part of Christmas is being able to actually take the time to be with the people I care about. Sure, the gifts and the giving can be nice but it's time that is the most valuable and being able to spend it with the ones I love is the best thing I could ever ask for. This year, I'm able to spend it with my chosen family because my actual family has pushed "our" Christmas back to January. I'm actually really looking forward to this because I haven't been able to be with my friend group very much these past few years. Enjoy your holidays Daji!!

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Thank you! I hope you have a great time with your friends.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas! Trying my best to stay warm but thankfully I always have a cat lap warmer.

Gift giving is fun but I'm a shopaholic so the search for the perfect gift is always the best.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

My favourite part of Christmas is your annual Christmas scribbles! ^_^

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Don't tell anyone, but that's why I like giving gifts so much.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

You would be stuffing your mouth with sausage.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
I just love the taste of meat.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Glad to see my daughters being wholesome this Christmas.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas/happy holidays.

I will be eating Chinese food which feels a lot less special now that I live in China.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

!חג סמח

Even if you are a dirty tankie 

Merry Christmas

one year ago

חנוכה שמח

Merry Christmas

one year ago
My Christmas has been postponed! My family is even lazier than I am.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas!

I just like Christmas as a whole, and gifting is always super fun. When I spend it with my family, we have all these elaborate schemes to distract one another so we can secretly sneak a gift or two into our bags, and it makes for an interesting experience.

The decorations are always so pretty at this time of the year too. I've been taking too many photos recently lol.

Hope everyone's Christmas will be amazing :)

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Into one another's bags or your own?

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Into our own so we can exchange them after, but the other version sounds more fun. Guess it'll be something to try next Christmas!

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas, I hope everyone has a great day :)

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Thank you!

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas!

My favorite part is definitely everyone being happy. It's a nice break from the usual days. 

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas!

I like getting presents for people, and making charitable donations for those impossible to shop for. But my nephew is 2, so I'm especially looking forward to him opening his presents. ^_^

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Awww that sounds cute. Mine are all old now.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Merry Christmas!

The best part of Christmas is trying to make the tree look good, but giving up a quarter of the way through and just piling all the ornaments on. Also giving and expecting nothing in return, and the joy a well thought out gift brings. It's a great way to end the year, imo.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

Here's some wholesome Christmas music for today's generation

Merry Christmas

one year ago
Wholesome music like this transcends generations. Should be played in malls on repeat the whole month.

Merry Christmas

one year ago
I bet this guy never realized when he made this in the 90s how much MORE relateable it would be to so many today, a story this timeless and clairvoyant is a rare find.

Merry Christmas

one year ago

I remember first hearing it on the radio around that time and thought at first it was the original song, then I actually paid attention to the lyrics and started laughing in the car.