Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

I think this is the fastest turn around time for a contest that had more than one entry. Probably helps that Sherb was judging and is a speed reader on these things.

Okay to here are the results:

1. hetero_malk's 'The End of Creation'
2. Orange's 'Blood in the King's Court'
3. DBNB's 'End of the World as You Know It'
4. PerforatedPenguin's 'Emperor's Fireworks'
5. MiltonManThing's 'Slaying the Scourge'
6. Suranna's 'Cradle & Cane'
7. Wildblue's 'The Fury of the Forest'
8. ItzSugar's 'Mute'
9. CavusRex's 'Escape Velocity'

Well Malk beat the chicken soup out of all of you which probably makes sense given that he had enough on the line to motivate him that nothing less than total victory was going suffice.

Since originally this was supposed to be an amnesty contest I'm declaring that everyone that managed to turn something in gets out of the SHAME pit (Yes even Suranna) Though apparently most of you put up a good enough defense that your civilizations managed to endure the attacks before he went back into the warp. 

The only exception being Rex since he apparently stumbled over the finish line with the place holding text that several pointed and laughed at, but well we can't expect much from outsiders and it just proves CYStian superiority.  (Plus he didn't completely bomb out based on Sherb's ratings so he can crawl out right of the pit along side Suranna)

Also some monster come backs for quite a few folks who also managed to crawl out of the lower pit depths. Special shout-out goes to Orange who hasn't even been around for years and suddenly showed up to write the biggest story for the contest and coming in second place.

Alright that's a wrap for this contest, I think Sherb's throwing the next one whenever that is.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 11:02:38 AM

Second place? Woohoo! Congrats to everyone who turned something in. 

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Sherb and I have encountered some kind of weird glitch when trying to commend your story, we will get it figured out though,

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Okay, got it. Learn something new about this site every day, lemme tell yah.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
You're alive?

I mean, congrats, nicely done!

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 11:06:11 AM
Congrats to everyone who submitted something, and to Malk for taking first with a spectacular story.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
How did you manage to complete when you knew good and well that the deadline was always going to be "tomorrow?"

Nicely done!

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
This was sort of an odd contest, folks were staying pretty quiet about it and so towards the end I had zero expectations for anyone but Malk. Ended up really impressed with Orange's entry especially, but everyone who showed up turned in something worthwhile. I think this may be the first contest that doesn't see two thirds of the stories yanked down immediately after judging, nice that the unfit saved Sherbet the trouble of wading through a bunch of nonsense that they know will just be unpublished anyway. Of course, I'll be interested in seeing End's own rankings later in the week since I know he looks at some things with a different criteria than Sherb. (Although I know Malk's will still come out on top.) I'll get some of my own comments up over Sunday and Monday, in the meantime all entrants may post here for a participation comm.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 12:58:55 PM
Well, at least I did better than Rex.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
This is NOT, I repeat, NOT something to be proud of

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Hence the “at least.”

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
At least I beat ItzSugar and Rex.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Congrats to Malk, and Orange, and DB, and as usual anyone who escaped/stayed out of the SHAME pit! There weren't really any bad entries this time around, definitely a quality-over-quantity type of contest.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 12:59:02 PM

Congrats to Malk!

I'm in the middle of reading his and it is fantastic . Definitely deserves the win!

Also great job to everyone else that submitted and avoided shame.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
You can write? Who knew?

I mean, congrats on completing a story, that's actually harder than most people think it is

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 12:59:09 PM

Congratulations to everyone, especially those who placed above me! Glad to see Suranna doesn't get banned as well.

Well done Malk on your victory! I'm reading through your storygame now and I'm really enjoying it. I'll be leaving ratings and comments on the other entries as well.

I didn't win, but I'm still content in the fact that I actually submitted my entry on time (an improvement from the last contest I was in). I tried to push myself to learn how to use more game elements this time around, which were mostly items and variables. This was a very busy summer for me, but I'm glad that I could contribute something for this Crisis Contest.

Thank you EndMaster for organizing this contest and Sherbet for judging the results! These contests are a great way for us CYStians to be motivated to improve our skills as writers. Can't wait for the next one!

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Congrats on your completion, this is kind of a big deal around here. Sorry you didn't win, but, well, going up against malk is asking for trouble.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Thanks. It's all just motivation for doing better in the future.

I will have my revenge...

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Congrats to Malk for a well-deserved win, and to everyone else for putting up some stories that I'm excited to read! Especially Orange, it has been a while.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/3/2024 10:25:30 PM

I was worried when I saw Orange post a giant high quality game. 

Thanks very much all. Some great entries this time around, looking forward to reading them all

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Hooray, malk!

And maybe, just maybe, one day, the time will arrive, perhaps after I learn how, that I will actually READ what you have written!

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Looking forward to that day, I'm starving for comments here man 

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
It's almost that day.

Not today, but almost.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Yahoo! Nice job to everyone who turned in a story! And congratulations to Malk for winning and Orange as the runner up! 

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Congrats for actually completing while taking on 20 guys

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Well done everyone who finished and especially Malk. The taste of victory after having the entire contest themed after yourself must be double so sweet.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Thanks man. I'll admit, it's quite nice 

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Congrats to Malk on winning, and well done to Orange and DBNB for second and third place! I'll make sure to give you all detailed reviews eventually.  

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
Commended by Mizal on 8/8/2024 1:04:29 PM
Now that I'm looking at some of these I'm really impressed, Orange and Malk especially did a fantastic job and deserved the high placement. And thank you to Sherbet and Endmaster for running the contest, although I'd be interested in seeing some of Sherbet's thoughts on the entries too.

I already know what needs to be fixed on mine from the shortcuts I took for the deadline, but I wouldn't mind some feedback in case there's anything I overlooked.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago
So far I've gotten feedback from Darius Conwright and MiltonManThing, which I appreciate. I just would like to request that whichever one of you grease stains gave me a 1/8 nut up and give an actual reason why already.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

It was a random drive by user with no account

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

lol, thats such a good way of phrasing it.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

It was one of the driveby guests. No account by the rating.

I suppose it COULD be a member that didn't bother to log in, but the IP isn't matching anyone.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Ill give your story a read tomorrow. Im not that great with reviews, but ill try my best. 

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

It takes practice, but to make the effort is appreciated around here.

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

I'll post a review of your story by tomorrow :)

Crisis Contest Results

2 months ago

Do we know when the next prompt contest is? i feel like i will want to participate in the next one.