Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Congratulations to all of our entrants who managed to submit a story. Judging this contest was particularly difficult, as I think this was our best contest in terms of overall quality from top to bottom. I may be omitting an outlier ^_^

But seriously, there were a lot of excellent stories here from a wide range of genres. Personally, for some of you who have entered multiple contests, I can see a very clear improvement in your writing from where you were a year ago.

All three judges were split on the best story. However, two judges had the top two stories as their top two selections, just the other way around. Also, our top two stories were the only two to make all three ballots. Only one point separated them.

1st Place: @EbonVasilis - Magno

2nd Place: @Steve24833 - Saoirse

3rd Place: @Malkalack - Broken Chains: Blood on the Marble

Honorable Mentions: @Azbaz & @CrescentStar

And I think I would be doing us all a great injustice if I didn't acknowledge that Malk easily won the award for most homo-erotic scene with his memorable bath-house ordeal.

I'll likely be back with a summer long contest, starting in late May or June. I am open to suggestions on theme. You can also probably expect a spring contest from one of the admins in the meantime.

And @Orange, I still want to see you finish your entry. Digit finished his special prompt from End.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Saoirse and Magno are both fucking great contributions to the site. Congrats, guys. 

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Congrats guys!

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Congrats to the winners! And thanks for playing to everyone else who submitted something.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Well here's what I had:

1st place - Ebon
2nd place - Steve
3rd place - AzBaz
4th place - Malk
5th place - Digit

Still figured Steve was going to win actually.

AzBaz surprised me the most since I didn't think his was going to rank at all, but it turned out a lot better than I thought. Fluxion sort of lost big in this regard since I almost had him in third place, but his ending just ruined the rest of the story for me enough that not only did AzBaz get his spot, Malk got the 4th spot just for the fact that it was consistently entertaining.

Digit's would have scored higher, but his was pretty linear in a lot of places.

Fortunately for everyone Mynoris flaked out and wasn't eligible to win since I might have placed hers at least in the third spot.

Anyway, congrats to everyone. Going to announce an unofficial contest soon so if you're stuck in the SHAME pit, it'll be a chance to get out of it, or you can get a chance to gain pointless points.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

I was actually oddly relieved that I washed out, or the waiting might have been too stressful on top of everything else.  Still I'm thankful my story was worth mentioning.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Congrats all!

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Huh, interesting. I knew Steve's and Ebon's would take first and second but I figured Steve would come out ahead due to sheer number of words typed. Neck and neck either way though.

Third I was less sure of because there were just so damn many quality stories this time around. Congrats to Malk and AzBaz and Crescent and all other entrants! And big thanks to Bucky, End, and Berka too for their marathon of reading. This was a pretty amazing contest.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Congratuverylations to everyone who finished their story, unlike me, and especially to the winners! I'll finish it, Bucky...someday.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Big congratulations to Ebon for winning! Well deserved and another close contest. Also to Steve, which I'd give just for pumping out over 130,000 words in a month, let alone coming second with it.

Thanks to Bucky and the Mods (start a band) for hosting and judging the stories.

And well done to everyone who submitted- shit's difficult.

Anyone want to see a magic trick? I'm going to make a story... DISAPPEAR.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
But I didn't get to finish. :(

I did mean to review it...well, everyone's really. Kind of let myself get distracted there a few days. And now probably half the stories will vanish and never be seen again as per our usual tradition.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
You must have been one of the 4 saves I destroyed.

I'll get around to fleshing out the good path and actually proof reading it... one day.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Congrats everyone! Especially to those who won so now there may be more quality stories on the site other than mine which I am taking down immediately.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Looks like I did manage to knock three birds with one stone...

This contest was quite the stressful ride on my end, but I’m the end all payed off. Thus, it was quite worth the ride. Aside from the writing, the multiplicity of great stories made this contest well worth it. 

A big thanks to Bucky, Berka, and End for judging this monstrous amount of stories and in such a small amount of time no less. 

And to the kids out there...December was the busiest month of the year for me, but I still managed to find 4 days to knock 20,000 words out. The entire time I spent writing my story totaled up to less than a week. (All nighters included) The point of saying this is because I had lost all hope of submitting a story, let alone winning. Determination is the key to victory in my eyes.

That being said, if I could win the contest using a solid week or so, then anyone who didn’t submit a story has very little to no excuse. 

A special shout out to @Steve24833 and @Malkalack for their very deserving entries.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Two contests I've seen where people who finished in a week won. I should try that next time. :P

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Congratulations folks!  I'm sure it was well deserved.  I'll know for certain after I've read them all.  ;)

Thanks for the contest, Bucky, and for letting me and Still out of the shame pit despite disqualification.

Thanks to the judges as well.

And thanks to all the participants who worked hard (or not so hard) and finished a story.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Great job to everybody who submitted! This contest gave the Newly Created section the highest average ratings I've ever seen on the site. Thank you to the judges for giving us your time to, well, judge. :)

Also, we have two new featured storygames. Great job Steve and Ebon!

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Congrets Ebon, Steve and Malk! Good work everyone for the amazing stories, I still need to finish some of them. I should stop being lazy.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Great job and congrats again to the winners!

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Congratulations! 

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Oh, you're not dead.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
Says you

December Contest Results

6 years ago

I know! I'm as surprised as you honestly.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

Great job everybody.

December Contest Results

6 years ago
These are pretty good stories.

December Contest Results

6 years ago

O: The results came in? *hadn't noticed* ^^; Congratulations to Ebon, Steve, and Malk for your hard work! ^w^ This contest's turnouts added quality storygames to this site~~

Edit: I had more to say but forgot. Congrats to Azbaz, me, and ALSO Ogre, who published early with a solid and well-done entry.

*reads through a long critique on my storygame* Alright, I got a long way to go. Hopefully, I'll have The Lost Emperor up again soon! :)