Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

(Rant) Parents are real assholes sometimes

2 years ago
Hey people! This is a rant, so please go away if you don't want to see it since this is going to be long and frankly kind of annoying. So here it is

My sexuality is something I've been questioning for the past few years and I've figured out that I'm bisexual. So after a while I told my mom, I was planning to tell both my parents one by one but my plans changed when my mom started being super bitchy about it and basically said some stuff that strongly implied i was a slut or something like that, she also implied that it's just a phase and quote unquote said 'fine, atleast you're not gay'. So, I've been kind of angry at her about it and she has the audacity to yell at me, saying why do you have so much attitude? Like bruh, wtf! Do you have any idea how much time I had to build up my courage to say I was bi and you completely shredded it. You literally said how can you be romantically attracted to girls? Well mom, just because yOu aren't, doesn't mean I can't be.

Phew, I needed that

2 years ago

No problem, we allow freedom of speech around here. If you want to call your parents assholes, go ahead.

2 years ago
Might as well inform you, you are going to be in constant conflict with your mom over every possible thing for the next four years or so. Mostly because no matter how much you protest, everything you say IRL will be in such an obnoxious tone rich in "attitude", at the same time you are transforming from your mother's adorable and innocent child into a hideous and awkward bad-smelling puberty monster that is overly emotional, swinging wildly from mad to sad to horny to depressed and creating drama over even the most mundane and trivial things.

It's a trying time for everyone, although happily it's a condition that most survive.

2 years ago
I wish I could've just gone to sleep and skipped from the end of the fifth grade until sophomore year to be honest.

2 years ago
Why are you gay?

2 years ago
Look I know it seems bad, but I have confidence that there is no problem that can't be solved by going to war with Pakistan.

2 years ago

Who says I am gay?

2 years ago
You are gay.

2 years ago
The only conclusion to being attracted to double the number of people is to have twice as much sex. No wonder she called you a slut you bi degenerate

2 years ago

Well, considering your previous post, to put it mildly, your parents are, all things considered, pretty shitty. I really hope that the situation changes for the better. This kind of stuff can really be scary at times, some parents like any degenerate human being, will only come to understand after months or years that their child is not a fancy clone of themselves. 

Otherwise, you have to bear with it for just a few more years, then you can go off, go to college or work or something and live your own life. Until one of the two things happen, feel free to continue your rants. We can serve as your garbage bin.

2 years ago
How many girls did you really intend to kiss in front of your mom?There are some things you really don't need to tell certain kinds of parents until after you move out, if even then.

Sorry this was the way you had to find that out. Parents who deserve to have their kids be open with them are calm and reasonable even when they learn things they didn't want to hear.

2 years ago

Well now that she's told her mom, she's obligated to kiss all the girls in front of her.

2 years ago

It's just a phase. 

2 years ago

you're too young to care about literally any of this shit. 

time to play outside i think 

2 years ago

Play outside? She lives in India, you trying to get her kidnapped or killed?

2 years ago
What are you talking about?

Lots of kids live outside in India.

2 years ago
lol fgt

2 years ago
Update: It took her a bit of time, she's ok with it and my dad knows too, he took it way better and on a lighter note, it's absolutely hilarious how straight people think being bi is gay, and gay people think being is straight and thara I've been hit with that bomb before, I still don't know how to respond to that, so, hopefully three dots is an acceptable answer : "..." :)

2 years ago
Also mizal, you might be right, she has been angry as fudge all day

2 years ago
Oh there's Fem, she disappeared and I figured she was running around being a big lesbian with all the other preteen floozies.

Kids these days smh.

2 years ago
Lol

2 years ago

You're a lot braver than me for coming out. I'm still in the closet and scared to tell my parents. Good for being brave.

2 years ago
To be fair, you do have a joker profile picture.

2 years ago
He just came out to all of us. Granted it wasn't much of a surprise.

2 years ago
Only further proves that we're such an enlightened and tolerant community that people are more comfortable coming out to us than to their own families.

2 years ago
Thanks :) And that doesn't make you cowardly, it's tough for everyone :)