Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Dark, Disturbing, and Dirty Dreams?

6 years ago

I don't dream very often, but when I do they are often weird and morally fucked. Though some of them are quite terrifying in some sense, I've never called them nightmares because they have never been a source of fear and I can't say I hate them all. Just confused as to why my mind would indulge myself like that.

So I was wondering if any of yall had strange or disturbing (maybe not to you but in general or from someone else's view) dreams. And possibly if you could understand the meaning behind it or if it was brought about by something you did before sleeping or whatever. I haven't found any pattern to mine. 

Feel free to write a book on your experiences cause the topic interests me. I'll read it. 

6 years ago

...brains are weird? XD

Sorry, I know that’s not a book. There probably ARE books though, if you’re really interested. Personally I almost never remember my dreams, and they’ve never been disturbing. Though with the way my brain appears to be rearranging itself, who knows what it’ll do next. ;P

6 years ago
I have the same set of 7 - 10 dreams over and over and from as far back as I can remember. Details would be very extensive so I'll refrain unless asked, but I can say that none of them involve the common problem people have in dreams of not being able to run or feeling slowed down / movement impaired. Quite the opposite for most of my dreams really - I'm usually able to move extremely fast or teleport and have no trouble running faster than an F1 car or any impaired movement. As for whether these are dark / dirty? I don't know. In a few I kill others or animals and in less than a few there's gruesome depictions and blood raining from the sky (might consider dirty?). None of them disturb me much.

The most disturbing I frequent would be a short dream in which my head is trapped in a small metal cage in a room of infinite nothingness and darkness and I can feel the metal bottom of the cage touching the inside of my neck. In the dream I literally cannot stop laughing like it's uncontrollable laughter and my face is really sore from smiling so hard and my voice has gone from laughing so much. It's one of the shorter 7ish repeated dreams I have and I suppose it would qualify as the literal "darkest" and subjectively disturbing depending on who you ask.

6 years ago

I have experienced both the "running through mud" feeling and the "I can outrun anything" feeling. But it's been a while since that has happened. That's really interesting to see you've repeated the same dreams over and over. I've heard of that happening with one dream for certain people but not with multiple dreams before. I really don't repeat dreams at all. I think the closest I've gotten was a continuation of dream but that was because I was thinking about it the next night. And that still has only happened once. I am kinda interested to here more. Are there ever minor details that are changed and could you give a summary of each one?

When I said dirty I was implying sex and wet dreams. I have a lot of dreams that I would describe as rated R

6 years ago
I've never described my dreams outside of breif passing conversation nor have I ever listed/counted them so who knows how detailed this may get. Unfortunately I don't have any wet and wild dirty dreams; I save those for daydreams. Labeled arbitrarily to keep track of them:

1) mountains
2) god
3) moon
4) laughter
5) needles
6) crosses
7) nukes
8) paper

apparently there are 8. [S] = short dream, [L] = long dream

1) [S] I walk in a desert not of sand but solid rock ground. I'm walking towards the mountains in the distance and I'm focused solely on the largest mountain in the middle while I walk. Eventually I get close to it - maybe a mile or two from the steep sloped base. The mountain rises far far far into the sky - higher than I can see and blots out the sun. It's a wide triangle and I fruitlessly try looking at the top of the mountain. I lower my head as my eyes follow the cracks in the rock from as far up as I can see to the base in front of me. I look down to my feet on the ground. As I take a deep breath in I stand on my tip toes and bring my arms back - elbows bent such that the palms of my hands are facing forward. I strike the ground with both my palms not having released my breath yet. A loud crack and then a sucession of loud popping as the ground and mountain break can be heard and I then release my breath. When I release my breath the cracks fill with light and dark blue flames and the mountain comes crumbling down, some rocks in a melty form.

2) [S] I sit on a rock in a pure white empty space. I'm usually wearing some sort of thick leather uniform that, now that I think of it, kind of reminds me of the theives guild armor from skyrim; but a lot less armor-y and more just dark blue leather of that sort of thick layered style. I simply say "god mode" and I feel a very stiff wall of wind (30mph+ wind with a distinctly different humidity than the unoving air at the start of the dream) come from my left and engulf me. As it blows my left side becomes fire (regular fire, of the regular colors) but my right side (as the flames grow left to right with the wind) becomes a deep purple fire within which I can see stars and galaxies and space. The tongues of the dark purple fire is the only thing which retains some color and the body of the fire is only seen as the black void of space filled with various stars and the like. I calmly breath out of my mouth and pink/magenta flames emerge and I look off into the white void.

3) [L] This dream changes the most of all and one could argue about splitting it as two or three different dreams but there is some continuity/connection between the changes. I start out standing in sand on a floating desert island - a very small island, maybe 20'x20'. I can tell it's a desert only by the small cacti littering the sand and the various sized pebbles and rocks about. It's night time, quite dark and the only thing giving off light is a giant orb of soft white light off the island in front of me. I can see about 3/4ths of the sphere/circle it makes. If gives off about as much light as a full moon at night but it's very very large (or very close up). Facing what I can only describe as a "moon" to my left I see a small hill - some sort of mound that isn't quite big enough to be a hill but the island isn't really big either. It's significant as the rest of the island is as flat as a desert can be. To my right is nothing in particular - just the island ending and seemingly floating in a darkened void. In front of me, and in front of the large white circle is a silhouette of a man. The silhouette is unique in that it is also casting a long shadow onto the ground from the moon-like thing. I stand there staring at the silhouette looking for movement for a while in the dream, I guess to check if it's a living thing and not a cactus or structure of land. I never see movement and I end up walking to it - but I don't feel my steps or look at my feet or body, as far as I can tell I'm formless floating to this silhouette. When I get to it I can't move past its' side and I'm very close to the large white ball/circle of light. It is literally the silhouette and only the silhouette of a man - like a cartoon character turned sideways it seems to mostly disappear from that view point but as I look behind the shadow it's as solid and dark as ever. Afterwards I move back to my starting position and focus my stare at the edge of the silhouette, slowly moving my eyes along the edge; and the dream usually ends when I get close to the end of my intense focus around the edge of this shadow. I should like to mention the mans' shadow suggests that he is dressed in a suit and it is always this way.

A variation of this dream is that I float into the white circle (never can tell if it's an orb or not) and when there I'm immediately locked into place and cannot move myself or my gaze. I see a lot of the silhouettes of the same man in a suit all standing in a white empty space; not an infinite amount but a solid 20ish of them. I know there are many behind me and surrounding me though I can't see them due to the inability to turn my perspective or even move my gaze. I can begin to feel my arms but nothing else of my body and I feel people grabbing my arms or stroking them or shaking my hand etc. A bunch of hands all at once are doing these things and I can't see what's doing it or who I can only feel it happening to my arms and hands.

The third and least common variation is getting to float within the orb, and no silhouettes are in there but I am able to turn around and when I do I see only a small black dot. Can't tell if it's something close or far away, whether it's 3D or 2D or anything about it except that it is a single tiny black dot in an empty white space.

The commonalities between these variations include a distinct and memorable silence. This dream is always completely silent. The silhouette is always of a man - the same man - with the same suit-like shadow. The white orb and the starting in the desert is always the same. It changes when I'm either able to pass the first silhouette or not.

4) [S] The one I mentioned in the post above. I can feel the cold metal of a cage touching the inside of my neck and I am trapped in an old-timey straight bar cage. Laughing without stopping and with much pain in my cheeks, throat, and eyes. Laughing into a black void of nothingness. No snorting or ugly laughter just really belting it out laughing. Thankfully this dream is not a long one.

5) [S/L] No perception of time in this dream so I can't tell if it's long or short. I'm walking down a sidewalk of a road I've never been on in a place I've never seen. It just looks like a regular suburban area with some trees and such about the sidewalk. No cars or people around and no people in sight. I don't remember if there is a faint sound of children playing or no sound in this dream at all as I haven't had it in a few weeks. Maybe that's something that changes every now and then in this dream. Anyways, as I walk down the sidewalk suddenly and without prior observation I am hit with what must be several thousand long metal needles. They send me flying back and I skid on the concrete of the sidewalk with needles everywhere in me and I feel most of them. I always seem to feel the ones in my eyes first and then my face outward across my body. All my limbs can't move and I can't scream in pain I can only feel the cold metal sticking out of my body and growing colder from what I presume is the loss of blood (though I do not actually know). The length of this dream varies the most - could be a couple steps before the needles or I might round several blocks and see many houses and bushes etc before the needles finally strike. They always strike without warning from my front and travel very very fast. They never go through me like a real needle travelling that fast would.

6) [S/L] Sometimes this dream is long and sometimes short. Same shit happens just it either keeps happening over and over or it happens only a few times. I'm in a world with a blood red sky and no clouds and I look up only to see a moments glimmer of something coming towards me. It's a gold cross like the one jesus was nailed to but very shiny gold and about twice as big as a normal cross of that sort would be. Often the first one hits me in the stomach or the face and when it does it pins me to the ground. and I begin to struggle in a vain attempt of somehow un-implailing myself and when I do I ghost through the giant cross and a transparent purple version of my body with negligible features beyond a black mouth and eyes is stuck struggling - pinned down by the cross. Sometimes it's multiple of these giant crosses at once, most of the time multiple times in a row. Once I get up from one the next one or many strike me and the same thing happens over and over until I wake up.

7) [S] I start sitting on the very tip top of a very tall building somewhere in London (no distinguishable london-ness about it, I just start out knowing I'm in london). It's night and I'm smiling as I watch nukes rocket down to the city. I refocus my eyes and they stop in mid air, rockets still blazing and fire still coming out the back of them. I take a step towards them (foot off the building) and am instantly teleported to standing atop a slanted nuclear warhead which is frozen in the sky. As I take a step towards the next one the previous disappears entirely. There are 3 nukes and so I take three steps and on the last step I disappear as well and have teleported to the white house in Washington D.C. The top of the building to be exact where the nukes, revealed to have American flags on them are ominously hanging over the city. The dream often ends there but sometimes it goes a bit further and I'm holding a red button/trigger of sorts while every gun, tank, and helicopter has laser sights on me and is pointing their guns at me. Of course I smile throughout the entire dream as it's quite entertaining,

8) [S] Everything once solid is now made of paper and has printed words on it in various sized and fonts. I can't read it and even if I tried it'd be difficult because the text printed all over the paper is moving. Like electricity flowing a long a wire in a straight path the letters too flow along the surface of the paper. It's all white paper and all black letters and I can hardly hear anything because the words moving are creating a loud crinkling/skreeching noise like hundreds of thousands of annoying birds all going off continually (just not quite that loud but indeed loud nonetheless). I often begin in a random room with some basic stuff like drawers and dressers and a bed etc and once I leave that room it's an open world of paper grass and mountains and wildlands that all has moving text that I can't read or understand all over it. No living animals are seen in the dream unfortunately.

6 years ago

I have random dreams. Just... random. They don't make any sense, and usually involve zombies.

For example, I had a dream that I was on the ship in Alien: Isolation and that motherfucking Xenomorph was hunting me. Then, a unicorn ambushed it and brutally eviscerated it. I proceeded to ride off into the sunset on aforementioned unicorn.

6 years ago

Haha that's kinda funny. I can only imagine this unicorn chases off all your bad dreams or something. Unicorn guardian

6 years ago

Darkest?

I don't have it anymore, I think. Haven't had this happen since, but I used to suffer from some some really realistic dreams when I was little. 

One of the most terrifying moments was when I was alone at home. My parents were gone for the week and it was just me and I was like 8, so I was pretty fucking terrified to be alone. Took me forever to go to sleep and when I "woke up" at night there was this shadow right by my bed. It was sort of looming over me. I was fucking terrified and I couldn't move. I wanted to scream but I couldn't do anything at all. So I basically stared at it until it finally "left". I don't know when I actually woke up and when I was still sleeping.

Another pretty dark one was a sorta lucid dream where everyone in the dream was telling me that this was the real world and I wasn't supposed to be up yet. They kept trying to give me pills so I would go back to sleep because I was mid operation and I looked down and half of my body was missing. That was a confusing one.

Last one that was kinda dark was this dream when I was wandering through a house? of sorts and everyone in the house kept telling me to kill myself to wake up. Eventually the people in the house started following me around. I tried to get rid of them but they still followed me. I locked myself in a room and they started banging on the door, screaming at me to kill myself. There was a window behind me that wasn't locked and I did it. My therapist would have a field day with that one. 

6 years ago

The first one actually sounds like sleep paralysis. Not sure how common that's happened to you but it's a pretty well known sleep disorder that can be genetic or stress induced. For the second, I'm not sure how common missing body parts is. I've had quite a few dreams where I've had extra limbs or body parts  but I think only once I missing a body part and it was the same as yours. The bottom half of my body. I don't really hear a large deal of dreams where limbs are missing. I wonder why that is. 

And yeah I'm sure that a therapist would be a little concerned about the last one. I'm curious though as to whether it was people you were familiar with or just strangers and unknown figures. I think that might make a difference in knowing if it external or internal thoughts that are affecting you subconsciously. I've only had one dream where I intentionally tried to kill myself and I actually got scared in the dream. Still tried in the end. Not even sure why. 

6 years ago

I never really associated the first one with sleep paralysis since the times it did happen I never had a faceless, formless thing looming over me.
I usually sleep on my side, and when I woke I would end up staring at - for lack of a better description, a "long" woman.
As in she seemed sorta stretched. She was definitely tall, but it felt kinda like she used to be shorter and someone stretched her out. 
Or if I slept on my back I would end up feeling her sitting on my chest and every now and then she'd lean over and look me in the eyes, nod then go back to creepily staring at me. The scariest was when I slept face down. Then she'd be under me - and not in the fun way x'D

Funny story about the missing half thing. My friend told me a story about a guy who got his body chopped in half in a butcher shop. For some reason, when we were young we assumed the butcher shop had this huge machine that'd chop stuff. Anyways, the guy's lower half was sold and people who ate it - unknowingly except for the butcher who killed him, would be killed in the same way he did as he screamed about trying to find his lower half x3
Fun story. My friend went into more detail than my summary but it's been years and hell if I remember it all.

They were people I know but, what's the word for it - like they were warped sorta.
Like I knew who they were but it was so wrong. 

6 years ago

Im not sure if youre implying that sleep paralysis "hallucinations" only appear as a faceless form? An extremely tall terrifying woman is actually a common one people see tho. It sounds spot on. To what people describe it as.

Well thats where that would come from.

Hmm interesting

6 years ago

What I meant, was the one I had a long time ago of a faceless, formless figure looking over me; I was sure it was just a dream but idk. I was really young x'D

6 years ago

My most disturbing Dream was absolutely terrifying to me.

I was in a black void there was nothing around me and something was slowly crushing my lungs. 

6 years ago

Extinguished the sun with a garbage truck while a Travelodge cleaner hammered furiously on the door even though I'd put the sign out.

TL;DR: Yes.

6 years ago

I've actually been recording my dreams as of late. I have thirteen separate dreams recorded, ten of which are really long and detailed. Surprisingly, only three had sexual elements, which is interesting, if disappointing.

6 years ago

I used to keep a dream journal and honestly I should start doing so again. They help a lot with remembering the dream you had and in recalling ones in the future. I'm not good at making habits out of shit tho. 

Can I just say that nearly most of my dreams these days have sexual elements these days? It's fun and all but gets awkward when your mother also shows up in these same dreams. She actually asked me to have sex with her in one and I didn't but I'm still kinda like wtf with that. Not the worst dream I had but definitely one I cringe a lot at cause like wtf

6 years ago

Interesting your mind went to your mother wanting to have sex with you. I'm sure if Freud was alive he'd be fucking loving it.

6 years ago

No doubt

6 years ago

Oooh! Dreams! I try not to have dreams, which is kinda like saying you try not to make lightning strike, as the most you can do is yell up at those darn thunder clouds "HEY, DON'T DO THAT OKAY". My dreams are either short and poignant or very action-adventure-oddly-well-tied together. Either way, they're extremely easy to decipher. My brain doesn't really wanna beat around the bush.

+ One of my favorite dreams had this sad man in a space suit standing on the moon. He said, "Finally, I'm on the moon!" and then this fish swims up to him and tells him he's at the bottom of the ocean actually. The guy sits down and cries. Samir, my high school class president was there also.

+ So I'm in a ridiculously glittery obnoxious purple dress and snow boots and I'm running (oddly well for being in a dress and snow boots) from these crazy evil spy guys. Total James Bond car chase scene, minus the cars. So just...A chase scene. I end up at a French cafe where everyone is eating those really cute petite palmiers and they're all a part of my 7th grade science class. Samir is there also. I ask him, "Where's the key?" and he responds after a thoughtful second, staring me dead in the eyes: "Malika, the key is not here." I buy a jelly crossaint with a key in it. The dream ends with me hiding in an antique shop that also has a McDonald's play place in it, a dirty evil spy right around the corner.

+ I had a few dreams where I feel like I'm going through my week. Then, suddenly, as most incoherent dream things do, I'm trying to stop something. Lot's of screaming, I dunno. My arm hurts and I'm thrown into a closet. I scream like a maniac as someone I like is murdered with a chair on the other side. I can't see anything but it's always a chair.

+ I work in a Korean Tupperware store with several Korean boys and we all speak Korean. I can't actually understand whats going on whats being said, but from what it seems, it was a sort of wacky Korean drama love triangle thingy, set in mall shop that sells exclusively Tupperware. We all seemed irritated at each other but I'm pretty sure we were all secretly in love.

+ First person dream time! Very gray scale! I stalk people through concrete parking lots and choke them to death with my own hands. Funny thing is that it feels like I'm the one being choked. Could this be physical empathy? I didn't seem to learn much.

+ Recently, I had this dream involving  lot of my coworkers. I'm cleaning this haunted house with my manager and I see these highly accurate busts of these comic book characters with their full names engraved in silver and interestingly enough, their my characters for a super confidential comic book I'm working on that still has a week to be released to the public! Whoaaaaa! I get this phone call from this guy with a dark breathy voice who says my full name and asks me to meet him. Like any logical, functioning human being, I blindly decide to meet him for coffee. He kinda looks like ProdZ voicing who ever he is guy. From then on out, we start dating but not really. He buys me cool video games and I giggle like a Japanese school girl and we live a picturesque questionably sugar daddy/sugar baby/wholesome highschool couple dream experience until he asks me to help him kill a guy. Like, he starts asking for strange things but he really insists I kill this guy and i'm like "No waym jose!" so I run away, full on anime girl. He goes after me. Very anime. Into the street we go. I think he's got a knife. For some reason, I have a metal nail bat and we're both giggle, swinging full circle around each other, trying to fling the other into traffic. Rainbows and funshine, i swear. Finally, I knock that darn knife outta his hand and I go, full swing - I was ready to splat his brains out, truly - when a taxi cap comes zooming by way to fast an a stereotypical Kevin Hart-esque comedy show black guy jumps out (without even waiting for the taxi to stop), yelling "OMIGOD, IS THAT SMACK BAT?" I don't know what smack bat is. "YOU DONNO WHAT SMACK BAT IIIIS?" He screams. "I'M THE REGIONAL SMACK BAT CHAMP!" He then grab the bat, smashes it to the ground it flings up up up and away, outta sight, wonder ball style, higher than the Empire State building which we situated next to despite being in Seattle. Everyone applauds. Samir might've been in the background.

+ I had many dreams that all ended with me bursting into a GameStop and receiving every awesome GBA game in existence...FOR FREE! I'm very greedy for games, honestly. I was always disappointed to wake up.

6 years ago

Well most of these seem pretty normal. But it's still entertaining to read the general randomness that goes on in dreams and I'm just gonna say the smack bat thing is pretty damn funny to me. Also the last one. Ye brain just goin bout teasin ye like that. Haha

6 years ago

I love talking about dreams.  I'm a fairly vivid dreamer, though I never really have a lot of control in them.  My dreams run in a lot of directions, from those pesky 'suddenly naked in class' ones, to very realistic ones of bad things happening to my loved ones, to high fantasy/epic style dreams, or those with a lot of sci-fi.  Quite often there's a lot of sexual tension, though very rarely does it go anywhere overly explicit or disturbing that way.  More often than not, I'm not really myself, but some made up fictional character made for the dream, and though I'm usually my own gender in dreams, I've had enough where I'm the opposite gender that it doesn't surprise me much.

Vampires are a favorite theme in my dreams.  I'm less keen about the ones that just have me humiliated at school.

Sometimes I have real celebrities in my dreams, sometimes I have real people from my life in my dreams, but quite often they're just made up conglomerations of people I've seen.  Every so often I'll get text based dreams, which are odd, or games that are obviously some sort of video game.  Once in a while my dreams are animated, and there was even one time where it was like an old black and white film, with flickering streaks in the film included.

Usually what disturbs me the most is if someone close to me dies.  However, the dreams that make me the saddest are actually the good dreams: it's such a rude awakening to realize that they're just wishes in my head.

6 years ago

I think it's pretty common for certain people to have dreams that look or feel somewhat like a video game especially for those who play them a lot. Since games are so interactive compared to reading and watching movies being that you get a choice (sorta) it tends to stick around. I remember when years ago I had a dream (don't even remember what it's about) that was styled like maplestory the game from nexon because I really enjoyed that game and played it quite a bit. The style itself is also pretty recognizable so that might also have an impact. 

More recently I had a dream that wasn't based off of anything but it had the setup and feel of a horror game and might have been somewhat influenced by the evil within 2 that watched not long ago. It started with a party and eating a bunch of delicious food (which tasted amazing in my dream (I can taste in my dreams is that weird?)) but was abruptly crashed as the house owner an ugly fat woman summoned hell hounds to chase me around the tables piled high with food that took up this huge room. Apparently I had to kill her faceless waiter dudes to kill her but as soon as I killed one she morphed into creature and no doubt would get stronger with each guy I took out. Let's just say if it were a video game it would have been impossible to beat. 

I've not had too many sad dreams. Most are either fairly normal and happy or just extremely fucked. But I do tend to enjoy the messed up ones on some occasions more than the normal ones. So I guess that says a lot about my mentality

6 years ago

I had this dream where I was trapped in this house with a demon lady babysitting me. I sat on the floor watching TV while she stared at me the entire time. Oh, and she wouldn't let me leave. That in mind, I felt very comfortable. I remember the phone ringing and hearing someone ask if I could come out and play, and the lady would leave and come back covered in blood. Later I asked to go to the bathroom and she escorts me there. We go down this long hallway full of doors and people banging on said doors from the inside. When I reach the bathroom, there is another kid coming from the opposite direction. He looks at me and says, "Hi," which results in the lady immediately killing him. I then go inside the bathroom, wash my hands, and return to the room where I continue to watch TV.

Just last night I had a dream where I was working for Joseph Stalin. Just your typical dragging people from their homes and locking them up.

6 years ago

That's pretty interesting. You didn't actually do any of the killing in the first dream but you weren't uncomfortable with knowing others were being murdered and even watched it. Maybe it was the fact that she was in a sense trying to protect you I would assume. You were alright with it even though it was wrong because she was doing it for you perhaps. 

In the recent one, you still aren't murdering people, but you still knew it would probably end up in them being murdered or something negative at the very least. It reminds me of the phrase that Rick says "Selling a gun to a murdered is the same as doing nothing because if someone really wants to kill someone they will. Might as well get something out of it." I'm not saying that this is right any means but it just appears you've gone from doing nothing to "selling the gun" although I would thinking kidnapping is a little bit different on some parts it's a similar idea. 

If you have any more dreams like these I'd be interested in reading them 

6 years ago

Had a really fun dream where Emma Watson was dressed as a nurse and was watching over me which led to me soiling my pants for the next week with a series of others which was actually really weird.

Normally if I'm about to have a really fucked up dream I can normally stop it beford it happens. Because it either starts with loud scary piano music playing in my head and progresively getting louder signalling Im about to get fucked for the night or really loud men wailing ike burning souls in a cauldron. 

There was another dream in which I had to do a series of motions to wake up while in dream. Think it was, pinch nose, blink twice, and the cover eyes. Really fucked up.

6 years ago

Are you like a master at lucid dreaming or something? How the shit do you stop dreams. And how do your dreams come with warning signs? I've only had one dream where I actively thought "hey this a dream. I can what I want. I can fly" and then proceeded to try and it did nothing. I couldn't fly and just had to carry on with the rest which must not have lasted too much longer bc I don't remember anything about that dream other than failing to control it. 

I completely forgot about peeing in dreams. That's happened a couple times and was honestly pretty nice. I've never wet my bed as a child so I never had a reason to be uncomfortable with those. I'm wondering if you meant you soiled your pants for next week in the dream or in real life. Your wording is a bit confusing. 

And for the last one, did you do the combination and wake up or did you wake up before you did it? 

6 years ago

It's a funnier story if Digit meant soiling his pants in real life.

In fact let's go with that.

6 years ago

If I recognized I was in a dream, I could stop it by looking at something black and holding my brwath. Except of course when Sem controlled the dreams

6 years ago

Well, in dreamland, I guess I'm some sort of super secret agent man or something.

There's some dreams where it's all cool and action packed, but then there's others where I'm being read a bunch of random words. In the dark. Strapped to a table.

... Well on the plus side there's a chance that I'm a sleeper agent.

6 years ago

That's interesting, because I used to have dreams where I was talking to a guy strapped to a table, saying random words and phrases because there was a trigger word for... something. Never explained but I knew it was important.

6 years ago

This dream isn't dark or dirty but terrifying...

I think I was 6 or 8 years old, and I remember having this dream. Which occurred so many times during my younger age. This dream had a weird light contrast and everything was white and bright but I wasn't. It was so beautiful and peaceful. But it always turn to the most dramatic turn of occurring events. I started to open my mouth  like I was about to yawn in my dream. But then I couldn't breath at all. It felt like I was underwater gasping for air. Then I wake up from the dream and I also wake up sucking all the oxygen in the room if that makes sense. Usually I run straight to my mom and asked her what happend. But I couldn't explain to her what was happening  so I just stop going to my mom completely. But now I'm a lot older  I think I was yawning in my sleep? I also don't think I know how to breath when I'm yawning at the time so that probably explain the nightmare...

6 years ago

Ive never heard of someone not being able to yawn correctly.

6 years ago

Will I think I was mentally impaired when I was 6 or 8. I didn't know you can breath while yawning so I just hold my breath and get scared thinking I was dying.

6 years ago

Wouldn't that make you mentally impaired now because, you know, that doesnt go away.

6 years ago

You may be right at that. I may probably be mentally impaired. 

6 years ago

I don't dream very often like op. But i got this one terrifying dream. Might as well share it here because hell, no one knows me so who cares? Lol. I only remember it vaguely but I had this dream where I am having a sexy time with a girl.. I can't remember who she is, hell, I'm not even sure if I know her in real life. And the thing is, I was the only one enjoying the deed, it's like i am coercing her into doing it with me. When I woke up after that dream everything felt so vivid, I mean i got all sweaty and my heart was beating so fast. I don't know, and I felt so alive, like my libido was at an all time high that time. It was weird and terrifying tbh. That happened like a week ago. And for those curious, no I haven't snatched anyone and did her/him/it in on a dark alley after that night. And even before that.

6 years ago

Lol.

6 years ago
, hell,

6 years ago

In all honesty, the dreams that disturb me the most are the ones where bad things happen to my son.  I had one semi-recently where he went missing, and it felt very realistic, so the moment I woke up, I had to make sure he was safe.  But we were getting read to go somewhere, or were moving houses, and somehow there was a miscommunication about which car he was going in (a bit like Home Alone, but without the funny).  When we all came back for another load of stuff, we discovered he was missing, and after the panic and the blame went around, the police were called, and a search was put on.  My son was never found before I woke up, but I remember feeling like it was ridiculous that he should be gone, and that it wasn't likely he was still alive, but I couldn't really believe he was dead either.  I was actually pretty upset for the next couple days after that dream.

6 years ago

My least favourite dreams are the ones where a close family member is trying to kill me. It seems so twisted because these characters look and sound exactly like your parents/whatever but aren't, and they want to hang you or something.

Most dreams however, I know that I'm dreaming and so I'm basically like a god, which is fun. I've also had many zombie apocalypse dreams, which are my favourite.

Honestly I could go on for hours about the dreams I have but I doubt anyone cares.

6 years ago

I need a break from writing and crying, so: Many of my dreams are based off stories I hear or certain things (no kidding).

When I was younger, I had a dream adventure concerning a volcanic eruption, a restaurant, my family (parents and grandparents on father's side) a carriage, the airport, Hawaii, tropical homes with palms, a waterpark, an acquaintance of my brother, smoke and ash, and the death of my grandfather. I feared volcanic eruptions a lot when I was younger, and I love my grandfather dearly. It was sad at the end: the airplane crashed, and my grandfather... well, we got him out and buried him by the burning airplane and cried. That was the end.

The last dream I had began with water. The water was dark blue, and when you look down into the ocean, it's darkness. I could hear a sad, empty sound of something—sounded female, but maybe it was just a ghost or monster. A girl dressed in a black and white dress (the white came from bones, and it looked very decorative. Not human bones since the white parts looked awfully spidery) was curled up in a ball floating underneath the surface.

Her back was to the surface, and dim blue lights seemed to shine into the ocean, casting wide streamer-like light patterns. Like a white salt is falling into the water but dissolving into nothing as it goes down, down into the dark water.

The girl has long black hair, but it doesn't float around her a lot and mostly stays close to her body. She is pale. She lifts her head from her folded arms and looks up at the surface to say something, but I can't hear it. Her eyes are blue and glowing, which looked cool but sad in the water.

A large darkness appears from the emptiness of the ocean depths. It's eyes are yellow or red (? forgot), and it's either a whale or this monster that reminds me of that Skull Reaper boss in SAO. It has more, like, substance. Like it's not just bones. It has this black body, you could say. It's not exactly serpentine, but it's mouth is weird and like a spider's. Don't ask me how I think it's a whale or that. I don't know. It seems to strike out at the girl though.

Then, the scene completely changes... and I'll stop because I need to get back to writing. *slaps self* T-T

6 years ago

Oh I got a weird one that just happened last night.

So I groggily woke up to pillows and blankets being pushed against my back and female laughing. I figure it’s my wife who woke up and is watching something on her phone since the TV isn’t on.

Upon craning my neck a bit I notice the bedroom door is open and the bathroom light is on. So I figure she’s actually in there and not in the bed which probably means she left the new puppy on the bed and it’s wandering and snuffling about moving the pillows and blankets around.

And then that’s when I hear my wife’s voice from the bathroom saying the pup’s name since it apparently followed her, meaning the pup wasn’t on the bed (Too little to jump down and it would have been obvious even if she had). None of this explains why the laughing sounded so close either. (Like from the bedroom, not the bathroom)

Keep in mind I still haven’t turned completely around to check the other side of the bed and there are a mountain of pillows and blankets high enough that I still can’t see past it out of my peripheral vision. At that point, I can only guess that means something else is moving the pillows and blankets around.

In any case, I was still sleepy and I didn’t care enough to check so I just shrugged and went back to sleep.

6 years ago

I loled at this. Totally expected this to be some kind of creepy ending.

6 years ago

it must be jihelu

6 years ago

Ooh, ooh, my turn, my turn!

So to give a bit of background, I'm mentally like a thousand years old, and I do a lot of acting, most of which is horror films. I have played a murderer on television before, and I have a naturally dark mind, so of course I have some pretty fucked up dreams.

This one isn't too freaky on its own, but it's interesting because I was six years old when I had it. So at the time, my dad's alarm clock would wake me up, too, at 5:45 every morning. So I hear it, and I "wake up" and wait for him to pass my room on the way to the shower. Nothing happens. So I go into my parents' room and turn on the light. My mom is dismembered on the floor, except her head is missing. My dad's head is hanging from the ceiling, his body on the ground curled up. I go back to my room, but my mom's head is in the middle of my bed. I sigh, pick up the head, and go to the basement, which for some reason already has its lights on. Then I sit on the ground, smear blood on my hands, and make a handprint on the ground. The clock says 6:66 which is impossible obviously. I look at the handprint and say, "Very funny, Semmy. Wake me up now." And then I woke up for real, and yes my parents were fine.

Then, when I was nine, I had a dream where I was in my room playing alone and talking. My mom comes in and goes, "What are you doing, Zephyr?" To which I reply, "Playing with Semmy." Mom goes, "Who's Sammy?" And I say, "No, it's Semmy. And only I can call him that. You can call him Sem, but not anymore, cuz you made him sad." And then this devil creature appears and says, "Yeah. it's Semyaza to you." and we just casually continue playing.

When I turned thirteen, Semmy... uh, never mind.

6 years ago

Lol.

6 years ago

Of course you would be the one laughing. ;)