WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Discord wants YOU, Random Noob!

one month ago
Tell me friend, have you ever said to yourself, 'I'd like to participate in the site, but I don't feel like reading, reviewing, writing, or using the forum?'

Well do I have the place for you! Like a staggering number of mysterious non-participating site members before you, you too can find a home in Ford's unofficial CYS Discord!

Unlike the Villain's Lair there are no confusing hurdles such as basic competency, an interest in writing, the technical knowhow of setting up an app, or a deep burning loathing for all mankind.

Unlike the CYS forums and its rule by the whim of tyrannical admins, the Discord stands by the democratic process. Why, just last night there was a record breaking turn out of over 500 voters to decide on the serious issue of capital punishment, after which MoreCowbell and well known and beloved author and reviewer theycallmejane were solemnly and regretfully executed for their unspeakable crimes, making the server safer and roomier for new arrivals like you!

Join today! Chanbot breathlessly awaits you with heaving bosom and open arms!

one month ago
*official

one month ago
Did cowbell start lowing?

EDIT: Since I hear that you're having a nervous breakdown trying to figure out why I replied to you...

I replied to you because I was asking you, seeing as it's your Discord and you wield the hammer. But mizal has informed me this was a very complicated topic.

one month ago
I think the general issue was one of voluntarily coming into someone else's server and then complaining about the 'tone' instead of just deciding it wasn't for him and logging out/also white knighting some trash noob troll. But I think he also annoyed Ford before that, idk I don't always pay attention but it's pretty easy to do.

His nick got changed to 'Literally the biggest faggot' at some point yesterday and I'd think at that point anyone could read the writing on the wall.

one month ago

Cowbell's name was changed (and restored) previously. The rest though is basically accurate. As a result, might as well include that he voted for himself to be banned. 

Those of thicker skin than I (everybody?) might enjoy the aptly named venue. I had a few good laughs on there, made a friend or two on the side, and got great notes on my story (also, on the side).

It’s basically (for better or worse) the same general “tone” as the forum. Except, you are likely to get banned and have your name changed the first time you speak. The people on there are, at least, very funny.

one month ago
You could always set up your own server. Or go join that one with all the emo passive aggressive weebs.

one month ago
@MinnieKing MCB belongs on your server :^)

one month ago

I would invite them, but I don’t want to.

one month ago
He really could set up his own server. I've actually considered it but then in the end, after a lot of soul searching, realized I just didn't feel like looking up how. Current Discord is basically The Lounge but with more emoji spam and uncomfortable details about Ford's sex life, there's probably room for something more positive! ^_^ and writery like MCB seems to want.

Although I'm pretty sure Ford sat basically alone and ignored in his for months (years?) before it really took off and that takes a certain level of dedication.

Also instead of writing chat it will totally devolve into nonstop bitter bitching about the forums and defeat it's own purpose and/or ignite a gang war but really that's half the reason to do it.

Bonus points if he gets a bunch of teen boys to call him daddy.

one month ago

My own discord server? That's actually a great idea. Yeah, I'll probably do it.

BTW, 3iguy/triclops probably deserves a medal or something. Finally read about Social Justice Warriors/White Knights... etc. So, fine. I'll shut the fuck up about the tone.

one month ago

Lol.

Good indication of just how annoying MoreCowbell is if Minnie doesn't even want him hanging around.

one month ago

Oh shit, Minnie still has a server? I thought we killed them already.

@MinnieKing

?Explain why you guys still exist as a group, please.

one month ago

It has been more quiet since the, uh, incident for sure, but it’s still relatively active. Talk of CYS is minimal there. The server was never deleted, the invite was just revoked.

one month ago

Is Dark Phoenix still about?

one month ago

He’s still a member, but he barely talks anymore. He’s more active on his own server now.

one month ago

Oh, sham, you have to give me a link to that server. I can think of nothing more entertaining.

one month ago
What do you guys talk about, I'm curious.

(It's anime isn't it? I just know it's fucking anime.)

one month ago

We talk about anime sometimes. But mostly it’s just random discussions about whatever seems interesting that day.

one month ago

Cool, that'll do, gizza link. I want to say what the craic is.

one month ago
Wow what is this do you want everyone to get reported to the FBI for cyberbullying again?

one month ago
I assume because he's a nice person and doesn't mind at all if his buddies turn on him like a pack of wild dogs over literally nothing

Or mope off into the sunset. Or continue being obsessive alt spamming trolls well into adulthood and years after their initial ban. It's all good.

one month ago
The best thing was how you got banned shortly after all the sucking up about him being 'the best comedian on the forum' and how his positivity stood out in contrast to the rest of the site etc.

Fucking Ford, lol. Even Leora knows better, you poor naive thing.

one month ago

I said he was my favorite comedian, but I never accused him of positivity or niceness to noobs...

one month ago

I’m probably not welcomed back, but I highly recommend people join the discord. It’s quite a lot of fun.

one month ago
who were you and what'd you do? I might've forgot by now and could let you back.

one month ago

If my memory serves correct, I was chewii or something like that. I had teased you and Leora for your conversation and then was promptly banned.

one month ago
Well unless you changed your discord username then I don't see you on the excessively long discord ban list. You were probably unbanned shortly after being banned.

Edit:: Checked the audit log. You were unbanned on the same day you were banned.

one month ago
Make her change her name though because it's ridiculous.

one month ago

I’ll change my username for the server. I’d rather not change it on my actual profile since many people know me by it. 

Edit: Apparently that option isn’t in server settings. May as well change it now.

one month ago

Out of fickle curiousity, what's the logic behind your band and how long is the ban list anyway?

one month ago

Logic? Do you realize you're talking to Ford?

one month ago
yes and the list is many longs

one month ago
Think she just generally annoyed you by being 13.

one month ago

I liked the small Asian girl, she was more entertaining that, say, Asian, Ace, Girl Ace or Girl Ace II.

one month ago
Refreshing memory :

Harsh but fair.

one month ago

I'll be honest, Mizal. You're the last person I thought would be promoting the place. I kind of figured you'd be telling people things like "avoid it at all costs."

one month ago
No I enjoy it when the noobs come and do nothing of value. It's probably my favorite thing about noobs, out of all their worthwhile qualities.

I thing most of the regulars already know if The Lounge + no shitposting controls + a triple helping of Ford would be the kind of place for them so I can have no pity there.

Meanwhile I wait excitedly to see what great things @theycallmejane will go on to accomplish on the site, I could just tell she's brimming over with untapped potential unlike that angry incel Steve.