Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Annoying video games/Charecters...jeez...

9 years ago

OK, i just got done playing a round of GTA 5.

Ya know Michaels son?

Turns out you can actually kill that annoying little shit. With explosives.

Jeez, he was more annoying than that dog from duck hunt...

What/who do you guys think was the most annoying game/game character?

9 years ago

GTA 5...Michael was annoying. He definitely never lived in NYC or Brooklyn or anywheres thereabouts. He needed a pistol-whipping. Trevor was the money. That one blonde person, was she a woman?, was annoying. Note the punctuation, trying to Vonnegut-elevate me.

9 years ago

YOU KNOW WHO'S ANNOYING?

Percy Persimmon from Princess Tomato and the salad Kingdom

The little turd.

Thinking he can get away with dumping all your crap by acting cute. Butthead.

9 years ago

Oh my god I remember that game.

9 years ago

The adventure time guy probably played this.

it started it all

9 years ago

This game is weird...

9 years ago

10. Micheal's son

9. Dr. Mobius's Robo Scorpions

8. Flying enemies in every NES game

7. Flying enemies in every FPS game

6. Oliver Garneau in AC IV

5. Tingle

4. The owl you can't skip in OoT.

3. Creepers and all other kamikaze enemies

2. That raccoon that keeps throwing you into hardcore debt in Animal Crossing

1.Navi

ADDENDUM: Make this the top 13.

3. Leisure suit Larry

2. The adoring fan

1. Freddi fish's green sidekick. 

9 years ago

Freddi fish's green sidekick? Luther? lol, just lol laugh

9 years ago
I always found Princess Peach from Mario Bros to be pretty annoying, just how she gets captured. You'd think a princess would have at least some form of defense or the intelligence to run away or something. Toad also annoyed me, how he wasn't captured nor did he protect the princess very well against bowser :L

The most annoying game is probably flappy bird. My first try I got to 7 - but from then on it was very poorly made. I never got frustrated by it, and didn't find it terribly addictive, but the sounds + the controls wasn't very good (in fact it was the worst).

9 years ago

Dude. TELL ME ABOUT IT!

After going through a freakin TON of levels, Beating bowser for, like, the 5TH TIME,  and DYING A LOT, just to save a toad.

"Thanks mario! But your princess is in another ca-"

*Punt*

"WHAT?! WHAAAAAAT?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG-"

*commits suicide by touching a turtle*

Oh God

9 years ago

The adoring fan from Oblivion I SWEAR TO GOD I'VE PUNTED HIM ENOUGH TIMES OFF THE MOUNTAINS.

Oh God

9 years ago

You can't punt in Oblivion, you can only use your hands. It's like boxing, except every rule has been excluded that isn't the 'no kicking' rule.

Oh God

9 years ago

Autocorrect, I swear.

Oh God

9 years ago

Don't be a soggy sausage, Swiftstryker~ 

Oh God

9 years ago

He just adores you. Come on man, he doesn't hurt anybody. You're his idol. Be cool to him dude, show him some of the ropes.

BY AZURA! BY AZURA! BY AZURA!

Oh God

9 years ago

I do, but he... Actually... Wasn't Cicero the guy who killed a grand champion or something in obscure Elder Scrolls Lore? And you can't kill the Adoring Fan, so obviously Cicero was immortal back then... And you can't really see Cicero's hair, so he might also be blonde... Oh my god, the Adoring Fan is your murderer!

Oh God

9 years ago

He WAS my murderer.

Was.

And still is.

9 years ago

Ashley from RE4.

Two words for you: LEON HEEELP!!!

9 years ago

Nethack IMO is the most addicting and annoying game ever. Still, after 20 years

9 years ago

Michael and his whole family were annoying in GTA 5. 

Most the NPC cast from Bioware games are annoying, in fact it's easier to list the ones that aren't annoying.

Certain BOS members from Fallout 3 were annoying, but The Little Lamplight bastards were even worse.

9 years ago

Most annoying video game character I can think of off the top of my head is Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins, which is weird since I seem to be the only person who finds her annoying (probably because she's a female type person with boobies of the jiggly variety.) Just the whole "I'm a strong, independent woman who doesn't need no man to protect me... Which means I have to be a bitch to everyone I meet for no apparent reason" thing has been done to death and I think Morrigan has got to be the queen of the "Being independent means you have to be a bitch" stereotype.

But since it'd be nice for people to agree with me on something, Duck from Walking Dead was pretty annoying (but to be fair on him, at least the little shit dies.) Carth from Knights of the Old Republic was kind of a whiny little bitch and Bastila just wouldn't shut up (but again, everyone else seems to like her because... Boobies!) Also EVERY SINGLE female villager voice on the original Fable. Just made me cringe every time I was running around and kept hearing, "Chicken Chaser... Do you chase chickens?"

Still, I think most characters would be hard-pressed to beat Navi's constant "Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!" ^_^

9 years ago

I have to agree with you about Morrigan, it takes the original stereotype too far and to all our luck, she didn't appear in any game again unless she will make an appearence in Dragon Age Inquisition.

9 years ago

She will. Seen the trailer (but at least we don't have to put up with Oghren again.) cheeky

9 years ago

Really Morrigan was the one of the few characters that didn't annoy me in DA1, well her and Sten. Didn't really find her to be bitchy either.

Now Liliana and Alister were fucking annoying. Couldn't stand either one and was glad to have the option to send Al to get his head chopped off. Was really disappointed to see Lilly pop up in DA2 after leaving her corpse in that ashes of Andraste cave.

Still, those two were way better than the craptacular group of followers you get in DA2. Even Varric who was probably the best of the lot was sort of grating at times.

9 years ago

Alister seemed like a cool guy.

9 years ago

Alister sucked, bitched too much for me. He wasn't king material anyway.

9 years ago

I didn't think of him as King material. I thought of him as the guy you got drunk with on weekends material.

9 years ago

Nah, the guy you got drunk with was Oghren.

Og was okay, but I didn't really travel with him too much until the expansion.

9 years ago

Is Oghren not in Origins.

Because I only played Origins.

Because even Origins sucked a bit and I was like "Ehhh"

Or was he that dwarf guy...

9 years ago

Oghren was the dwarf, he becomes a gray warden in the expansion. 

9 years ago

Thats so metal.

9 years ago

Yeah every single npc in DA2 annoyed me. The only one that was slightly intresting was Varric. 

9 years ago

Lol. I actually liked Alistair. Don't get me wrong, he was really REALLY annoying... But then he was supposed to be annoying, so that kind of canceled out the annoyingness for me. It's weird, I'll find character's annoying if they're really bitchy or self-righteous or one of those characters that you're supposed to love, despite there being no likeable qualities about them, but if a character's deliberately trying to be annoying, I just find them funny.

Sten was awesome though. One of my favorite bits in the game was the banter where Morrigan tries to seduce him. cheeky

9 years ago

Navi's "Hey! Listen!" isn't really constant, or incessant. I just find it annoying that every time I'm immersing myself in the role of a badass monster-slaying warrior of the old days, I have a high-pitched droning in my ear that usually isn't going to tell me anything important.

9 years ago

Hmm.... For game, I'd have to saaaaaay..... Well, off the top of my head, Juiced 2 and that FUCKING FINAL DRIFT CHALLENGE! Goddamn....

As for character.... I'm not too sure.... 

9 years ago

In keeping with the bioware theme, I thought Miranda was really annoying. They made a big deal about how "hot" she was in the trailers and there was nothing about her that was remotely interesting.

Jack was pretty annoying as well, but she was better than Miranda.

Jacob was dull, but he had a cool side mission.

James Vega was pretty dull as well. Never saw any reason to take him along. 

And of course Kaiden, but I happily left him behind to die on Virmire.

9 years ago

Shepard: "Wrex."

Wrex: "Shepard."

^.^ Favorite character from that game besides the doctor alien who i for some reason forgot the name of.

9 years ago

Mordin was the doctor you're thinking of.

Yeah Wrex was my favorite too, just wish you got to travel with him on a regular basis in the other two games. Grunt was okay though.

Jarvik the Prothean was probably the next closest equivalent for the third game. He was pretty funny with a lot of his blunt view points on everything.

9 years ago

Yeah Mass effect as a series did pretty well on the npcs. The one that annyoed me the most was Vega. I did like him as a character or as a fighter. Avoided using him as much as I could. 

If I had to pick a second place (Not counting DLC characters because most of them are bland exception being Jarvik) Would be kaiden because I can't remember anything interesting ever coming out of him. Then agian I did kill him off so never had his full experience.

I didn't find Jack or Miranda that bad but I really couldnt stand the asri justicare. She was just so boring. 

As for a Favorite no question its Garuiss. one of the only who crew mates in all 3 games as crew and I really connected with his character and it was great to see him progress as the series went on.

Second probably Tali. Her species situation just really made me think and there was so much culture in her story line. 

3 Javik I actually would have had him higher if I didn't feel like he was such a dick. He was one of the least likeable characters in the series. But the reason he is so high is because of how interesting he is and all the questions he answered. 

9 years ago

Samara was the justiciar. Yeah she was pretty dull, but I swaped her out for Morinth. Would've been cool if you could've got Morinth again as a follower in the third game.

Garrus was one of those characters that got better in the second game. I thought he was pretty bland in the first game and rarely used him, but I used him a little more in the other two games.

I didn't think Javik was a dick really, I think besides Wrex, he was my next favorite character.

9 years ago

Well to be honest most of the characters in the first game were dull. Wrex was prehaps the only exception to that.

Most of the characters got more interesting as we went on. I have to say Mordin was awesome. He was just the right parts kooky intelligences and  unsure morals. One of the few times I was saddened by a fictional characters death. 

9 years ago

Oh, yeah, that's another one to add to my annoying list! Ashley from MA 1. I dunno why but I just found her really irritating. Shame there weren't any decent love interests in the first one, I found Kaiden and Liara really boring.

For some reason I remember my favorite being Tali, which is weird 'cos I can't really remember all that much about her except the whole species almost being wiped out thing.

Actually, make that second favorite. My favorite was Joker. ^_^

9 years ago

I am guessing you didn't play ME (Not affect its effect) 2 or 3

9 years ago

Oh yeah. I'm dumb, I always get affect and effect mixed up, and yeah, not played the second 2 yet.

9 years ago

I guess that guy with the thing... damn, I really haven't played any games for a few years.

9 years ago

I disliked the chick in a short skirt and tank top from the Silent Hill series.

Especially the crippled one in Silent Hill 4. I guess her annoying character was only to be expected, as relatively good voice acting in video games wasn't invented until about 2010, but that's no excuse for her being such a useless pain-gasming piece of shit she was when you fought the burping slut monsters in the stairwell.

9 years ago

From DA2, I think Isabela was my least favorite.  After like, seven playthroughs, it got to where I could tolerate her, but overall I didn't find her all that interesting.

Hawke's mother, too.  Like, the third thing she ever says to me is "it's all your fault your sibling died!" and I'm supposed to be okay with that?  Screw you mom, I know I'm the unfavorite.

DAO def Morrigan.  From a gameplay standard, what is the fracking point of giving me a party member that actively discourages me from doing side quests?  

9 years ago

Isabella from DA2 was at least funny, but she was pretty one note. It's like yeah I get it, you have sex a lot. I don't care.

Averline had potential, but she was pretty bland.

Everyone else just bitched and whined all the time about their tragic past or their tragic present conditions. Fenris needed to just go back to whatever anime game he came from. Somehow that guy annoyed me more than Anders and I barely used him. (Too bad about Anders since he was halfway decent in Awakenings)

Other than Varric, I guess I didn't mind Bethany, but you don't get her for the whole game so I got stuck Anders and Merril whining for the rest of the game since they're the only other mage choices.

Still say Bethany should've been romancable.

For the really old school Bioware crowd, I'll say Anomen and Jaheira from Baldur's Gate were both pretty annoying. Didn't like Nalia either.

9 years ago

Awhh, that's a shame, I thought Anders was fun in Awakenings too, does he get annoying in the second one?

Come to think of it, I think the only female character I really liked was Sigrun (though Shale was pretty cool, I liked it when she squished things.) Why do they waste the decent characters on the expansion packs? cheeky

9 years ago

Sigrun was cool, but I didn't travel with her much since I was playing as a rogue. Shale was okay too, I used her quite a bit.

In Awakenings if you remember there was an "undead" guy that a spirit called Justice inhabited, Justice basically possesses Anders in the second game and its part of the cause of why Anders gets all emo. So it isn't all strictly Anders fault for his personality change, but it made him less tolerable.

Still, I ultimately sided with Anders in the end of the second game because the Templars sucked pretty badly and this is coming from someone who let them purge the Mage's tower in the first game. Lol.

9 years ago

I know right. It wasn't even that hard of a choice. 

9 years ago

Spoilers!!! >.<

But dammit! He goes emo? That sucks! Emo characters are the most annoying of all cheeky

9 years ago

Mine would have to be Reptile from Mortal Kombat. A pathetic character that cannot beat anyone in the game but continues to be part of the series.

9 years ago

But. Reptile.

9 years ago

He was only good in the Mortal Kombat - Rebirth Trailer. Other than that, he sucks.

9 years ago

Ah, Reptile, Scorpion, Sub-zero, all so similar in the first game because the budget was low and MK was originally going to be about the Jean Claude Van Damme or some martial arts dude. And now the artists, out of shame, are trying to make them all look so different. Ironically, Scorpion's the only guy in the whole series who's more or less stuck to his original design.

9 years ago

Yeah, they really messed up on the latest game. They completly ''expletive'' the whole fluidity up on it.

9 years ago

How is Smoke doing? Does he still look like Raiden from Metal Gear?

9 years ago

yup

9 years ago

I cannot remember characters in Mass Effect and Dragon Age like you guys. My brain must be slowly atrophing.

9 years ago

the most annoying charecter in a video game is creepers and endermen in minecraft

9 years ago

Are* creepers. And I agree, creepers are very annoying, especialy when you build something.

9 years ago

I actually like the endermen, 'cos they don't bother you if you don't look at them. But yeah, that bit where you're walking out of your house and the creeper jumps down and explodes everything you built is never fun cheeky

9 years ago

briar that thing happened to me the other day i was play with some friends and i saw a little green out the window but i did bother be careful and i opened the door then the next thing i knew was BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years ago

I don't know if this still works, I haven't played in forever, but if you put a pumpkin on your head and look at them, they won't get pissed.

9 years ago

The key is to build a 3 block high wall around the area of land where you do all your farming and tree planting and stuff, and fill it up with torches. That way the monsters can't get in (except for spiders since they can climb walls.) cheeky

9 years ago

And make at least a one-block overhang so that spiders CAN'T scale it.  Briar, you need to get your MC mechanics cap screwed on straight.  >:P

9 years ago

Nah, I make the overhang too, I just couldn't think of the word for overhang, so I left it out cheeky

9 years ago

I've had a pumpkin worn for so long, I actually get a little uncomfortable not wearing a pumpkin hat in the Ender Dragon battle.

9 years ago

wwwwooooooooooowwww

9 years ago

briar thanks for the tip

9 years ago

on minecraft i'm toxiccupcakes maybe you could join a world sometime

9 years ago

Alexander from the 188 in Fallout New Vegas... never have I seen so much blood in that game. He pissed me off so much I dismemembered his body then manually scattered his limbs across the Wasteland.

Left arm to Boulder City

Right arm to Rob Co. (I think?)

Left leg to the Grab N Gulp Rest Stop

Right leg to Aerotech Offices

Head to Cassidy Caravan's Wreckage

Then I left his mangled torso corpse on that little schizophrenic kid who sees visions in his head's bed. The Forecaster I believe his name was? Either way, it was one Hell of a birthday present.

Oh yeah and the guy who pays you to kill the King in Skyrim. He was a dick.

9 years ago

"Hey cousin, wanna go bowling?"

9 years ago

"Cousin! It is your cousin!"

Oddly Roman (or Brucie) didn't bother me.

The girlfriends you could get were far more irritating, only Kiki was worth anything since she could instantly erase your wanted level if you asked for help.

9 years ago

the girlfriends in San Andreas were quite annoying too.

I couldn't roam the state anymore with all those stupid girlfriends. I kill the unnecessary ones and I always kill them after I get all possible bonuses, except the one that gives the garage in San Fierro ( although I ignore her, she doesn't close her spray garage).

Oddly enough, killing Denise ( the first one, that you save in a mission) causes some interesting results, such as her still talking on the radio and saying she misses the protagonist. Even NOT killing her creates  some creepy stuff, such as hearing her on live radio  saying she misses CJ while CJ IS DRIVING HER TO A BAR.

It seems the guys at Rockstar didn't think of everything.

9 years ago

I never bothered to finish the Gears of War trilogy (Just the first 2 games) but I always though Baird's and Cole Train's dialog was usually annoying.

When I heard they were doing a spin off with them, I was like why the hell would anyone want to play as those two as protagonists?

9 years ago

I thought the protagonists in the new Army of two were annoying as well. Hell, I didn't buy the Deadpool game because, while he was funny, I realized it was only because he was a break from the rest of the more serious characters. I could not put up with him for more than 1 hour straight, and I think the gameplay estimation was 3 hours, and that's if you're really damn good at it. I will admit, though, they were a lot less annoying than Gubble.

9 years ago

Micheal glad i killed him. He's a douche.