Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Listening to songs on repeat?

7 years ago

Just wondering, but do any of you do that? Some people, it's really f***ing annoying really fast (like, after it's been repeated only once.) Others, it takes several hours for a song to get annoying.

Currently, I'm 6 hours, 3 minutes into a 10 hour loop of Immortals by Fall Out Boys. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dTpTemnE0g)

I think I'm gonna switch back to Take Me To Church by Hozier soon. (wish I could find a non-nightcore hour loop of Wrong Side Of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch. It's too annoying to press the replay button every 5 minutes for the normal version.)

Edit: Well, so much for switching soon. At 7 hours 21 minutes, and still haven't gone to a different song.

7 years ago

I do like listening to AC/DC songs over and over again up to 3 times. Then I play 'em at double speed, and AC/DC almost becomes a Speedmetal/Powermetal band.

Your musical tastes are gross and heathenish! You must be flogged!

7 years ago
http://youtubeloop.net/watch?v=o_l4Ab5FRwM
Loop from 0:22-4:50

I'm probably too late to this thread though. Oh well.
I'm one of those people who get annoyed as soon as a song starts to repeat itself, so instead I have playlists of different songs in the background whilst I do my stuff :)

7 years ago
The only sounds I can tolerate in a loop are rain, ocean waves, white/pink/brown noise, etc.  Everything else becomes nerve-racking before the first full play-through, especially when I'm trying to concentrate on something ... which is all the time.

7 years ago

Isn't brown noise the stuff the FBI made in order to make protestors shit themselves?

7 years ago
That's a new one to me.  I didn't know that anything like that had ever been done.

I was referring to "Brownian Noise" or "Random Walk Noise".  It's not perfect because it does end up giving me a headache if I'm forced to use it for very long, but it does help to drown out most everyday sounds.  Perhaps someone will come up with something better someday.

7 years ago

It was supposed to be the Nazis and Imperial Japan that were doing the brown noise experiments…though I’m sure the U.S. would use it too considering we nabbed all their scientists after the war.

Though apparently Myth Busters tested it and said it didn’t work.

Makes for a good story though.

7 years ago
I hate listening songs on repeat. I listen a song one time, if I listen it more than that it just starts to become annoying. I love to listen some sounds while I'm doing something, but not music because it is to noticeable and distracting. I found a awesome site with stuff like sounds of streams, rain, fireplace, farm, etc. that I can listen for several hours. Can post the link here, though not sure if others will like it as much. https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php

7 years ago
Nice assortment.  I'll just bookmark the site for later...

7 years ago

I don't even search for 10 hour song loops, I just find the actual song, right click on the video, then press 'loop'. After a while I just get so used to it that I forget it's even on. Last song I listened to on repeat was Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah.

Because I was feeling artsy that night.

7 years ago

AC/DC.

7 years ago

Oh, you know.

Just Videogame OSTs.

7 years ago

Lol same. What are your favorites?

7 years ago

Well, my absolute favorite of all time is Snake Eater.

7 years ago

From what game?

7 years ago

... Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?

7 years ago

Oh, cool. Never played  any of the games in the Metal Gear franchise though.

7 years ago

WHAT IS IT WITH KIDS THESE DAYS

7 years ago

Lol. Pretty sure I'm not much younger than you.

7 years ago

MetalGearSolid4LifeBitch.

7 years ago

I played Snake Eater back when I had a PS2, but other than that I haven't played an MSG game. I want to, though.

7 years ago

Definitely play 1 & 2 if you can. 

7 years ago

1 seemed too easy for me.

7 years ago

Haven't played it in a while, but I remember preferring it to 2. Waiting for the current gen remasters. 

7 years ago

2 was definitely funnier, but nobody wants to play as Pre-Cyborg Ninja Raiden.

7 years ago

Did you at least see the link I posted?

7 years ago

Yes I did. It was entertaining to see two old guys beat the living shit out of each other.

7 years ago

It's a given.

7 years ago

Also, Roundabout by Yes is a fucking sick.

Alt-j is my new guilty pleasure.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Taro is one of my all-time favorite songs. 

7 years ago

Damn good song it is.

7 years ago

I heard them on the Life Is Strange soundtrack and I just wanted to never stop listening to the song. Hmmm,  now all that's left is to find the song in particular. 

Edit: Well this wasn't difficult to do.

7 years ago

7 years ago

7 years ago
Pretty slick. I like it.

7 years ago

Nujabes was amazing.

7 years ago

I once listened to the same Orla Gartland song on repeat for three hours.

it was an accident but I wasn't bothered by it.

7 years ago

Panda

7 years ago

Do i wanna know? By Arctic Monkeys. I have been listening to that song for at least 15 days, and for a total of maybe 4 hours. It never bores me for some reason, this is the first time it has ever happened to me. Im not complaining tho, its a great song.

7 years ago

o_0

You necro'd the shit out of this thread...

7 years ago
I have been listening to Dessumiis Luge by Eluveitie from the past 4 hours on repeat. That song should be in Witcher 4!