Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Two years.

7 years ago

So yeah, this is my second year of being a CYStian. Yay.

I'm not going to go on and on about my time here, so I'll just make this a Q&A. Ask away.

Two years.

7 years ago

Mine is coming up soon! Congrats, Depino!

First impression of the site?

Two years.

7 years ago

Thanks.

I'd say that there was an abundance of helpful members here who were willing to assist anyone who was looking forward to write. But of course that was before I reached the forums: the hellstorm of CYS. Well...sometimes.

Two years.

7 years ago

Congrats! I keep forgetting, what's your social security number again? 0:)

Two years.

7 years ago

Thanks, and let's just keep quiet about that, yeah?

Two years.

7 years ago

Let's not try making these kinds of threads a regular thing. The era of apology threads was enough. :3

Two years.

7 years ago

...Uh, no. This is a CYS tradition, Thara. (Kinda surprised you haven't seen more of them since you've been here as long as you have.) >_> And it started way before apology threads were ever a thing. I'm happy to celebrate membership milestones with my fellow CYStians.

Two years.

7 years ago

I second this.

Two years.

7 years ago

Took the words right out of my mouth, Kiel.

Two years.

7 years ago

We've had this discussion before Kiel~ I'm technically new, I don't know certain things about traditions and stuff. The join date is a total lie...

Two years.

7 years ago

But the thing is, celebrating one's joining anniversary is completely different than making an apology thread.

Two years.

7 years ago

I dunno, both just seem to be pretentious to me.

Two years.

7 years ago

Your face is pretentious.

Two years.

7 years ago

so meen. 

Two years.

7 years ago

The fee fees

Two years.

7 years ago

I know right, it makes me remember Figment too. :3

Two years.

7 years ago

Your face is Figment.

Two years.

7 years ago

xD ... By that logic, birthdays are also pretentious, (and most holidays) as they are also anniversaries, and if you do feel that way, that's your hang up. Don't worry, we don't need to celebrate yours. 

Two years.

7 years ago
great time to plug that I haven't celebrated my birthday since I was 14

Two years.

7 years ago

How old are you again?

Two years.

7 years ago

Two years.

7 years ago

Ahh. If you were past 21, I would've been sad that you hadn't even bothered to get yourself a birthday drink. 18... did you at least get a hooker? xD 

Two years.

7 years ago
got myself a pity blowjob after I told a girl I never celebrate my birthday and this one would turn out with 0% satisfaction xD (I would've been completely fine either way)

The week of my birthday I got a lot of adult stuff done like licenses and registrations and bank stuff and medical things - just all the adult paperwork I needed to know how to access for jobs and college etc; and ofc I changed my car oil. Overall 8/10 week.

Two years.

7 years ago

One of the best kinds!

Well, glad you were happy, brat.

Two years.

7 years ago
Thank you very much :) hag

Two years.

7 years ago

... That's actually pretty sad.

Two years.

7 years ago
hate birthdays. it started more like "quit getting me useless crap" to "give me money cause it's useful" to "stop bothering me I don't want to do anything - this day means nothing"

now pretty much only my mother asks me what I want for my birthday - I say "If I want something I go buy it like a normal human being - why would I wait for a day? Save your own money. I can handle myself."

Though whenever it rolls around it's a signal to change my car oil - cause it's in June that's 6 months from december (christmas is the other major celebration that I change my car oil). It's a very convenient six month cycle.

Two years.

7 years ago

Well, I mean, that's cool and all how you're super chill and professional about it, but to me, birthdays make me feel... important. Needed. Liked by other people. That kinda stuff. It also shows for people who give you gifts that they care about you and would not enjoy if you fired a bullet into your skull-

Wait, your bithday is in June?

When in June?

Two years.

7 years ago
4th of June

It's mostly about being independent for me. I buy what I want when I need it because I have income and can do it without help - birthdays are shit anyways. If I wanted a cake I'd get my own or bake my own cake when I wanted it - not when an arbitrary special day of the year came 'round. I usually shred cards if I get any. I give w/e money I get from cards to charity cause I sure as fuck don't want it. Extreme individualism basically now that I think about it xD

Two years.

7 years ago

Dang. Mine is ten days after.

Well, I mean, just because people give you gifts doesn't necessarily mean you're not independent. It just shows that they care and maybe make your life a bit easier.

Your whole ordeal sounds kinda strange.

No offense.

Two years.

7 years ago
Sounds strange but really I just find it to free up everybody's time. No need to plan, no need to save money to get me a gift, and it's one less thing that happens in June (god knows everything happens in June).

I don't get gifts because 99% of the time they are absolutely useless to me and I end up throwing them away or giving them away. Money used to be useful, but now if I get money it's rude to send it back and say "keep it" so I just give it away as well (unless it's over $100 but really nobody in my family is gonna give me $100 for a birthday gift).

Makes my life harder to get gifts and receive things. I'd rather get my own shit when I need it and be 100% guaranteed satisfaction from my own knowledgeable purchase than get it (or something similar/not at all the same) from some random family member.

When I meet people I just tell them my birthday is sometime in the summer or June. I insist on not telling them the day and they just roll with it so it all ends up fine.

Two years.

7 years ago

The only thing I celebrate is when my favorite video games are released. Oh, Christmas for the lovely gifts of course. Birthdays aren't a happy affair, like, who wants to get old?

Two years.

7 years ago

I do. Old people are awesome. And it beats the alternative--either you're growing older or you're dead. I pick old.

Two years.

7 years ago
Most people in my generation pick dead for a plethora of reasons.

Two years.

7 years ago

I'm very fond of my long black hair, I don't think I'm ready to part with it yet sadly. c:

Two years.

7 years ago

So long white hair isn't cool, too? Wow. You hair racist

Two years.

7 years ago

Yah. I'm a hair supremacist Kiel x3 I totally made that up and I already feel totally icky... 

Two years.

7 years ago

It's a celebration of being able to grow wiser and more mature.

Two years.

7 years ago

Older? Yes, but not necessarily more wise for some individuals. :b Just see how people act in those reality shows that plague television these days. *shudders*

Two years.

7 years ago

At first I read this as "logic birthdays are also pretentious" and I wondered what a logic birthday was.

Also, real birthdays are the best.  I refuse to give up my day of awesomeness and fun just because some people are boring. 

Two years.

7 years ago

I have no idea what a "logic birthday" is, but it absolutely does sound pretentious.

Agreed! 

Two years.

7 years ago

If only I could like a post. Indeed, the spirit and intent is totally different. This is your account's birthday. :3

Two years.

7 years ago
I've never made one because I'm not pretentious about how long I've been around. Time is an illusion.

Two years.

7 years ago

Right, you're pretentious enough in other ways. :3

Two years.

7 years ago
Like mother like son :3

Two years.

7 years ago

I've taught you well. :') *sniff* 

Two years.

7 years ago

I'm with Thara, I don't want every tweedle dee, tweedle dumb and dweedle retarded who no one gives a shit about is soon to start doing them. Then again, I love the apology threads, and hope we have way more.

Two years.

7 years ago

You can't stop it, Steve.

It's already begun.

Why do you love apology threads?

Two years.

7 years ago

They're hilarious. I love watching people bitch and whine and beg for forgiveness. They're some of the most entertaining threads there are.

Two years.

7 years ago

Depends on how gewd the individual is at begging. :D

Two years.

7 years ago
I second this.

Two years.

7 years ago

Noted, but two things: don't you mean "third? Also, this wasn't being put to a vote.

Two years.

7 years ago
It is now that you said it.

I fourth this.

I just like to vote on things

Two years.

7 years ago

xD ... That's nice, Ford. 

Two years.

7 years ago

<3

Two years.

7 years ago

Congratulations on sticking it out here for two years, Derpy. 

Hmm... got any goals for the future you haven't shared with us yet?

Two years.

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've disclosed all of my site goals before. There's mainly one: actually manage to finish a storygame.

Two years.

7 years ago
1) You're sent to Brazil with $5,000,000 cash, 30 clowns that will follow your orders, and a liter of orange soda; how would you ruin the 2016 Olympics?

2) How many storygames do you want to complete by the end of the year?

3) will you sign my balls?

Two years.

7 years ago

1. Holy shit that is specific. Well...we can always have a good ol' ISIS prank, but it might be too extreme. Might have to get back on that one.

2. At least one, but at this rate I can say none if I want to be realistic.

3. Sure, no homo though.

Two years.

7 years ago

Ha!

I hit my Two year mark months ago!

NERD!

Here's to another two.

Cheers.

Two years.

7 years ago

holy shit my feefees have been wounded

Two years.

7 years ago

I have to ask, because this is important: how do you prefer your bacon? Crispy? Squishy? Somewhere in the middle?

Two years.

7 years ago

Somewhere in the middle.

Two years.

7 years ago
^ best question in the thread

Two years.

7 years ago

This.

These are the real questions we should be asking.

Somebody give this person a medal.

yes

Two years.

7 years ago

Well, congrats Derpy! Well, I don't really have a question, I just want to say that my third year anniversary happened about a month ago.

Two years.

7 years ago

Extremely belated "happy anniversary," then.

Two years, 20 questions.

7 years ago

1. Is it true?

2. How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol horde was bored?

3. Do you want to build a snowman?

4. If you were an orange, what would you do all day?

5. Would you eat an oreo gelatin?

6. Which is the better defense against a rampaging pack of velociraptors? Kung Fu or Heavy Metal Guitar Solos?

7. I have a PhD.

8. Had you been a voter in the great CYS Election, who would you have voted for?

9. If you chose Chris, why are you such an anarchistic dickhead who would watch our beautiful land burn?

10. Would you like a Milton?

11. Is the person you're thinking of right now currently on television?

12. What kinds of shit do you like with your bacon?

13.  What's the worst your ass has ever been pwned?

14. How many roads must a man walk down?

15. Does Bruno Mars is gay?

16. Genghis Khan has announced his running for president of Earth next year. Do you find this at all troubling?

17. Thuggee Master Vs. Jack the Ripper. Who wins?

18. Was anime truly a mistake?

19. What kind of shampoo do you and your furry tribe prefer the most?

20. Happy Birthday. Pizza or cake?

Two years, 20 questions.

7 years ago

1. Yes.

2. Multiply the amount of villages they would pillage by five.

3. No.

4. Roll around.

5. Nope.

6. Heavy metal guitar solos will do the trick.

7. Yes you do.

8. Silas or Tim.

9. I didn't choose Chris.

10. K

11. Nope.

12. All of the shits, Sent. All of them.

13. Don't have a "worst." It'll take too long to shift through all of the times my ass has been pwned to see the worst.

14. Before he must become a man? ...Hella.

15. Bruno Mars may does gay.

16. No, I embrace him.

17. Yikes, that's a difficult question.

18. No. The weaboos were.

19. All the quality shampoos, Sent. All of them. Legend has it that every night, we bow to the glorious liquid and offer a sacrifice.

20. Pizza.

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

I would like to offer follow-up Nonsense:

1. Why?

2. If seven ate nine, and nine = fine, who did the crime?

3. Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons?

4. If you spontaneously became a potato, what food would you like to be turned into?

5. Would you eat Strawberry Pudding with a Spork?

6. You are about to face a zombie horde. What would be your weapon of choice?

7. Seven

8. If Chris had won the election, what do you think Cystia would look like today?

9. That being said, how long do you think it would have taken for the bombs to be dropped?

10. Would you buy anything from TITS?

11. Who are you thinking of?

12. How often do you eat Bacon?

13. Do you have a defining moment in your life?

14. Do you really wanna live forever?

15. Do u leik Jacob SaggyTits

16. I've recently heard that Bruce Jenner has opted to become a Borg. Does this change your opinion of him?

17. Rhinoceratops Vs SuperPuma. Who would win?

18. Are you a weaboo?

19. Does your posse opt for conditioner as well?

20. Happy Thanksgiving. Pizza or Turkey?

21. Lol this is an extra question lol

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

1. Why not?

2. Nine. Too fine.

3. Yes they fucking did.

4. But...I'm a potato already...

5. Sporks can't be treated like that.

6. Shotgun.

7. mmkk

8. *looks into distance* War... War never changes...

9. Hella quick.

10. Maybe.

11. Well. No one.

12. Once a day for breakfast, usually.

13. No, I'm too lazy to do shit.

14. Hell to the no no. Kill me now.

15. sATAN

16. Nope.

17. Superpuma.

18. No.

19. Nope.

20. Turkey with pizza breading.

21. mmkk

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

3. Do you have any idea, ANY IDEA, how much I wanted to ask that question? But I couldn't, because I could only have 20 questions...

10. The Panda Pills would certainly be a change of pace, Angela's been looking for something to experiment with anyway. How you came across such a perverted realm without my help is just beyond me, though.

17. They would have glorious bangin' times.

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

Lol I got 21

No, not that TITS.

As for that third one, DING DING DING

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

Cheaty bastard.

If not that TITS, what TITS!?

Someone clearly knows where to find the phat beatsies.

Two years, 21 questions.

7 years ago

Two years.

7 years ago
Congrats Derp! Where did the wolf-god persona first come from?

Two years.

7 years ago

Blame my borderline-furry cousin for that. I just thought that the traits of a wolf seemed cool.

Two years.

7 years ago

Lol noob.

Two years.

7 years ago

Am I allowed to make a belated one year anniversary thread?

Two years.

7 years ago

Sure, but you are only three months away from your second year.

Two years.

7 years ago

I can make both. :P

Two years.

7 years ago

This is true.

Two years.

7 years ago

Congratz, Derpino.

Do you think this site is superior to most other sites?

Two years.

7 years ago

Yes.

Two years.

7 years ago

I can see that you are a patriotic Cystian (like most of the members). I'm not at all.

This site is good, but there is a better place than this... for me.

Two years.

7 years ago

Traitorous scum.

Two years.

7 years ago

Well, I mostly consider this place as a tool to make stories. But the other place is where I get fun.

Oh, an off-topic question -- does your rank really affect your rating? If you are a novelist, will your rating make more impact than a dramatist?

Two years.

7 years ago

Yes, it does.

Two years.

7 years ago

Alright then, thanks.

Two years.

7 years ago

Pffh, still sounds like the words of a traitorous scumbag to me. What did you do during the war, huh?

Two years.

7 years ago

'Unpleasant' things in your perceltion. But good in my perception.

Two years.

7 years ago

Ah yes! Raven47: bringer of passive-aggressiveness and writer of stutters.

Two years.

7 years ago

Mwahahaha! Soon my plan of invading the land of CYS with stronk Stalinium T-34 tanks and IL-2 fighter-bombers with the power of Russian bias will be a go! Then, Gaijin shall take control of this site ))))

Nah, just kidding. I won't do such things. This site has its own preferences and protocol. I understand that. And everyone has their own interest and preference.

Oh, and thanks for being a good admin, 3J. I thought you were not good at first, but then I realized that you're right, and now I like what you did. o7

Two years.

7 years ago

Aww, thanks! :)

Two years.

7 years ago

Although I also apologize for my ramblings and craps in the past. Must have been quite annoying.

Now that I finally contributed something. And I'm here wondering if I should stick to CYS or other writing site. Still trying to find which writing site suits me the most, both writing-wise and community.

Two years.

7 years ago

No reason you can't frequent both!

Two years.

7 years ago

Raven in this thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SubliminalSeduction

?I feel like Raven is recruiting more....uh, troops, and something big is about to happen. 

Two years.

7 years ago

I do hope it's a joke. Because I'm never there.

EDIT: Nvm, really a joke.

Two years.

7 years ago

hei.

Two years.

7 years ago

odd place to find out I have a daughter...

Two years.

7 years ago

You got SUPER drunk one night. I'm not surprised you don't remember.

Two years.

7 years ago
Not surprising considering Alchemy is my first account...

Two years.

7 years ago
No way dude, my two year anniversary was last month! We're practically twins now.