Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Do your best!

one year ago

I just want to say good luck to everyone in the contest! Remember if you are in Endmaster's contest, you are in an immortal part of CYS HISTORY! Let's everyone write the best story we can and all of us publish on time, 50 new stories will make a big difference for the site and I know we can do it!

I am out of school for three days and I will write the entire time! 

(Everyone can use this thread if you want to give a word of enciuragement to your fellow writers or an inspirational quote. Writing is hard but remember to keep a positive attitude!)

Do your best!

one year ago

It is weird seeing this positivity here...

But I agree, let's all do our best. 50 stories ain't happening though, I'm thinking 25.

Do your best!

one year ago
I'm sorry I had to kill the cat, but big animated .gifs trigger me.

This is a nice cheerleading thread even without the cat, now we know that anyone who fails not only gets SHAMED, but is responsible for making a little girl who only wanted the best for them feel bad. Those monsters.

Do your best!

one year ago

49 opportunities for the shamed pit.

Do your best!

one year ago

I approve of acknowledging that being in an EndMaster contest is being an immortal part of CYStian history.

Do your best!

one year ago

I like that I am now immortal.  And I think it is a great motivator to work hard due to FEAR of IMMORTAL SHAME.

Do your best!

one year ago
But I'm allergic to positivity! D:

Do your best!

one year ago
k

Do your best!

one year ago

This is surprisingly wholesome.

Good luck, everyone! Remember: Don’t worry about imperfection; worry about stagnation. Even if your progress may not be 'good enough' for your own standards, writing at least a bit each day is much better than not writing at all.

Let's all perform to the best of our abilities :)

Do your best!

one year ago

This is definitely good advice, similar to ninja's gospel of "get up too early and spew shit into a doc every fucking day until your brain explodes".

So, who else hasn't started?

Do your best!

one year ago
I may start tonight.

Or tomorrow.

I would like to symbolically write a page or two before the end of May anyway, before probably putting it aside until the beginning of July.

Do your best!

one year ago
I started. I stopped right after. I am currently un-started.

Do your best!

one year ago
I'm only 3 days behind on my plan...

Do your best!

one year ago

I wonder how everyone is doing so far. I haven't been able to write in over a week but I still think I'll finish before the end of the month. 

Do your best!

one year ago

Mine is coming along as expected.  The first stages of panic are starting to set in, which should begin to stir up inspiration.

Do your best!

one year ago
Same tbh.

Maybe I'll start mine this weekend. I'm starting to feel like I should.

Do your best!

one year ago
Probably better than a lot of other people, but still not close to completion. Need to finish the final chapter and then the epilogues, one of which will be pretty long.

Do your best!

one year ago

I'm actually close to finishing mine; I'm aiming to have it published before I go away on the 25th. I was sick and stayed home from school last week, so took the opportunity to do some writing then.

As for the quality of the storygame, that's a completely different thing, of course.

Edit: Just realized this is my 100th CYS post! Only took 38 months.

Do your best!

one year ago
I probably won't be able write everything I planned out, but if I can finish a quarter of it I'll be satisfied.

Do your best!

one year ago

I wrote the first four pages in the first week, and then I stopped and havn't started again. Definititly not going to be able to write out everything I planned. 

Do your best!

one year ago
I was planning on finishing my submission like 2 weeks before the deadline, to be cool and all that, but now I see it ain't happening.

And even when I do finish it, it will still take a day or two to read through it all again, and fix any errors (grammatical or otherwise) I can find. Or that any "very nice and good" beta-readers may point out to me *cough cough* shameless plug to my thread currently in the writing workshop *cough cough*.

Do your best!

one year ago

Taking work off for a week for this lol

Do your best!

one year ago

I'm really behind schedule and there's nothing I want more than an extension right now, even if it's only by a day or two. But regardless of whether that happens, I'll finish this storygame or die trying.

Do your best!

one year ago
You, uh, can't actually die due to writing. I mean, if that's a possibility, I question if you are actually writing...

I guess if you got a really bad paper cut, but I'm pretty sure you're not writing on paper...

Do your best!

one year ago

I'm writing on a computer so I won't get paper cuts, but if I stare at the screen for too long I might become blinded and wander out into traffic, thus leading to my death.

Or I'd face some other multi-step death starting with writing too often. But I truly hope this doesn't happen because I really want to finish this storygame.

Do your best!

one year ago
I haven't even started mine yet, and I am panicking.

I'm dreading turning in another unfinished thing like I did in the other contest I joined.

Do your best!

one year ago

As I remember even unfinished I liked yours better than a lot of the other entries for that contest.

Some noob just joined the contest yesterday so there's still plenty of time to turn something entertaining in.

Do your best!

one year ago
Reading this meant a lot to me so I just wanted to say thank you. And as a matter of fact, right after I saw it I had an idea for a ghost story that I think will be a thousand times more interesting than the one I first came up with.

Do your best!

one year ago

Well... sounds like you needed a bit of an inspiration yourself...

Do your best!

one year ago

The Mermaid Guard was not in fact finished, June 2022.

Do your best!

one year ago
Less cheerleading, more writing.

Do your best!

one year ago

Oops.

Do your best!

one year ago

Sort of figured Cerene would actually be one of the ones that came through given that she was already ahead of everyone in the early stages of the contest. Reminds me of this kid who was double promoted in grade school and then flunked 12th grade TWICE and dropped out completely thus failing to even get his high school diploma.

Wildblue also being a no show was a bit disappointing too given that she said my post in this thread inspired her to redouble her efforts.

Oh well.

Do your best!

one year ago

I thought it would be easy to turn something in too, but when I started looking over what I had written there was a BIG problem. The first half of the story I had written a long time ago and my writing has matured past that since I've grown older, it made me cringe just to look at it.  

Other parts of the setting and characters I'd come up with a a young child, and I realized too late how unrealistic they were. I have been trying to work on a complete rewrite but it's coming along slowly. I'm sorry to have disappointed you. :(