Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This Site Reject Is Curious About Something

one year ago
If anyone is going to seriously respond, I find myself curious about the consensus of the site on this. I couldn't find a straightforward thread on the topic:

CoG games. Not the site, not the Forum, staff, writers, or fans. Does everyone here universally think the actual games all suck? Tin Star, Zombie Exodus, Community College Hero, Choice of Rebels, The Lost Heir Trilogy, etc, etc. I'm honestly hard pressed to find praise for any of these games on here besides Gower's and Avery's.

As an avid player of many, MANY games on both sites, I just think a lot of people get lost in the petty politics on both sides and purposefully avoid some arguably well written pieces, even whole series. I've spoken to people on CoG who don't play anything on here just because of the squabbles and observed many on here echo the same sentiment.

one year ago
There are thousands of fantastic free IF games I haven't gotten around to playing, CoG is one corner of a medium that's been around over 40 years. They're really only relevant to me because of the funny drama that pops up that I can have curated by others, and less and less so in recent years.

one year ago
If no one does discuss the subject seriously, then will you not find yourself curious about the consensus?

I'm not going to spend 12 American clown dollars to read Tin Star when I could read gunslinger here for free. This has the added benefit of not putting money into a business model of which I don't approve.

I can't tell you what the consensus is, but I haven't read any of those, and I won't unless circumstances change. I "purposely" avoid reading fiction on COG in sorta the same way I purposefully avoid hookers and parking tickets.

In the first case I already get all the action I can manage, and without disease or monetary exchange, and in the second case, using the handicap spot might be nice, but it's for handicapped people. I'll feel like less of a person if I do.

one year ago

As I've told other Cogites who have asked me something similar in the past, I'm sure there are games on there that are fine (Mostly HG since apparently most CoGites even think the brand name games are bland shit.) however I'm not reading them since I'm not going to waste my money on supporting a company that basically treats its HG writers like second class citizens and generally run by douchebags. I don't even bother reading the "Wips" since I'm never going to buy them anyway, so why bother?

This isn't even counting pushing their fucktard ideology, though that's more of a secondary factor compared to how they rip off the writers.

The other factor is honestly, most of the shit written on CoG just doesn't interest me all that much. I can acknowledge something might be written well, but if it's still containing a bunch of faggotry, well I'm still not going to buy it even if it wasn't cog related.

I suspect the CYS audience and the CoGite audience like different things. They generally tend to be all wrapped up in what characters they can romance, customizing their gender and all that bullshit and that generally isn't what we write on here. We tend to focus on writing deeper storylines and more well rounded characters. People like different things, it happens.

On another note it's really hard for me to even respect someone who is writing for CoG at all. If I don't respect them, well why am I going to bother reading anything they write under the whip of an ungrateful master that shits in their mouth and wants them to just accept it? Yeah I get that people want to make money, but given CoG's shitty business practices most go on about how its all a rip off anyway for the HG brand. Might as well go self publish on Twine given how little support you get from CoG.

Seriously I'm more baffled to how so many CoGites now constantly bitch about the place and are still supporting the company. It's like either shit or get off the fucking pot.

Yes, Gower might be the exception to that rule for a couple reasons. (Briar really got thrown out of CoG before she could get going so I don't count her) He seems to have "beaten the CoG system" to some degree thanks to getting in earlier before all the extra bullshit started happening, plus he's actually contributed to here and meritocracy goes a long way. Still, even with that being said, I wouldn't buy what he's written on CoG. (And I'm not pirating his stuff either)  Now if it comes out on something other than CoG, then sure I'd buy it. Hell, his game's genre isn't even my thing, but Gower's cool enough that I'd throw a few dollars his way.

Which brings me to the point that I'm glad to see that a lot of authors are starting to pull away from CoG. Granted a lot of what some of them are writing probably still wouldn't interest me much, but anything that hurts Cog and gives the writer more freedom is a step in the right direction.

CoGites are generally really bad at the whole rebellion thing since a lot of them have some weird Stockholm syndrome with the place, but there are glimmers that they might actually get their shit together and topple Jason once and for all.

And if they don't, well I won't be surprised and it'll just be reminder of why we're better anyway.

one year ago
So how's that contest game coming along?

one year ago
Meh.

one year ago

So out of curiousity where exactly are these CoGites talking shit about us? Probably not the CoG forums themselves since the CoG staff tends to shut down and "negative threads."

Going to guess this is in discord enclaves or potentially the cesspit of tumblr faggotry. Also going to guess it's the usual cries of "phobia" or other dumb made up words.

Could use a good laugh, so post some screenshots of good ones on here and you'll get some points back. Hell, maybe even all of them depending on the screenshots.

one year ago
Its just from multiple DM conversations on Discord over the months. Nothing too funny. Mostly stuff in the camps you mentioned.

Surprised you even offered, though. But, I mean, its pretty useless since Thara can freely take them away whenever she desires. Not sure what you were expecting, there.

one year ago
The points have always been pointless, but if you want to keep your points just don't be a fucktard. iirc last time you got them taken away didn't you intentionally provoke a mod? Don't fuck around if you don't want to find out :shrug:.

one year ago
By "intentionally provoking" a mod, do you mean, "pissed off a mod by dicking around with them knowing they dick around with pretty much everyone else, and they took it too seriously for no reason?" If so, then yes, I did. I poked back and ended up getting pretty much everything on my account wiped just for the shits and giggles. So, the story is a lot more complicated than just me being a dick.

But of course, that matters to no one. Anyone who tries to fit in too fast and go with the flow is just tossed aside as a troll noob. No one wanted to move to DMs and discuss the issue.

one year ago

lol, fag

one year ago
You seem to have some pretty unique problems in this area, I'm not sure I know of anyone else who wasn't an autistic nine year old who struggled like this tbh.

one year ago
What exactly am I "struggling" with? I'm responding to something. Its like you guys are bothered anytime I bitch about Thara. She seems like a big girl. She can handle herself. Mainly by going around acting like she isn't a stuck up whore, but that's just her, I suppose.

one year ago

Of course you of all people would call her a stuck up whore. You are still salty about her rejecting your advances. 

one year ago
I've insulted her from day one, but sure, its not like you were going to put any actual thought into your response either way.

one year ago

Hey I'm not one to judge someone's style of flirting. You do you.

one year ago
Again, its not like you were going to put any actual thought into your response either way.

one year ago

You are right. I jumped into this with no information. I did not realize that you are the guy that frequently sucks big black dicks. I am sorry for mistaking your preference.

one year ago
Again, why respond if you're gonna put this little thought into the conversation?

one year ago

Fine then, don't accept my apology.

one year ago
Yeah! You should be sorry. Why can't you just post more like Voldy?

one year ago

I'm genuinely curious, are you trying to get banned or are you just impressively retarded?

one year ago
I've already been banned. Twice. Not sure why I've been brought back, to be honest. Well, because of the contest I entered. But I'm still not sure why that overrode a respected mod's decision to get rid of me.

one year ago

That doesn't answer my question. Are you genuinely trying to get banned again?

one year ago
That's what I was saying; apparently, no one will ban me and follow through with it. So I'm just responding at the moment. If I get truly banned this time, so be it.

one year ago
Okay, bye then.

one year ago
You aren't important enough to be banned. That is reserved for only the finest degenerates. E: Ah fuck he was banned. Guess he got his goal after all

one year ago

The least important people have been banned all the time, you just don't remember them!

Not sure if moldy will be remembered though- My phone's autocorrect apparently does not.

one year ago
Banning has traditionally been for people who make far too much noise with nothing worthwhile to say. Usually those are literal children as I'm sure you recall. But on occasion even non-learning animals make it to adulthood somehow.

Voldy reached peak entertainment value at the sock puppetry frankly. I was initially hoping for some kind of redemption arc, but it's been slow, dull, downhill tumble ever since and there's just no point anymore.

one year ago

Nobody here is bothered by anything you say.  We are here for the lolz. We are simply entertaining ourselves.  Frankly, you seem to be the one bothered since you keep whining about everything.

one year ago

You got offered an olive branch and just discarded it. Not sure what YOU'RE expecting, there.

one year ago
I expected to create discussion around a topic I was curious about, as stated in the post above. I got a couple satisfactory responses.

one year ago
Commended by mizal on 2/13/2023 8:27:06 PM
You got a couple of satisfactory responses that you never responded to. If you expected to create discussion, then you should put more effort into discussing these things instead of bitching and moaning about not fitting in and how much of a victim you are. But God forbid an ex-CoGite have a sense of logic. How old are you anyway? I can't decide if you're a retarded, sulky teenager or a grown-ass adult that still throws temper tantrums when things don't go his way. Edit: Damn. I'm late, but good riddance.

one year ago
Yeah, it did not escape my attention which topic he was really interested in, lol.

I feel like I've been pretty chill about his various episodes of self absorbed whining and cringe, always tried to give him space to actually do something here besides the usual attention whoring.

Just at the end of the day, he's not all that interesting even when flailing and making retard noises. I guess he claims victory in his transparent goal to get himself banned so he doesn't have to write a story, I hope this helps him sleep at night and not spend another year haunted by the time Thara was mean to him on the forum of a site he doesn't use.

one year ago

smh

one year ago

Thara will take everything except your virginity

one year ago

What was he trying to do again?

one year ago

Looks like I missed all the fun.

Oh well, nothing of value was lost.

one year ago

Oh, man.

He was still talking about me? Lel.

Seems really upset, although he was trying his darnedest to try and project me into being the upset one.

S to spit.