Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I’ve had a pleasurable experience tasting authentic food in the thirteen years that I have graced this Earth. My tastebuds have both been tantalized by favorable foreign cuisines along with being raped by shit that belongs at the bottom of Hitlers boot. What really grinds my gears more than anything however is faux foods being served by faux ‘chefs’ or so they decide to call themselves. Like honestly what does a Korean man have anything to know about cooking American burgers, it might look good yes, but after seeing the person that cooked it I couldn’t even fathom stomaching such shit food. Authentic food, is defined by culture yes. Do you know what is also defined by culture though?

The answer is race if you didn’t already know. So should it really be a surprise that, that correlation should have a effect on the person who cooks the food in which the culture dictates on how it should be made. I don’t really like to flex myself, but I would certainly call myself adventurous. My BLACK uncle, would always take me down south on spring breaks to immerse myself in the delight that is Louisiana culture. Do you know what race each person was who made my food in this state, well I’ll let you guess for yourself, but let’s just say I was most pleased with the service that I experienced.

Now I know what you are thinking, some may call what I say racist, or Ill informed. But I’ll have you know that I have three BLACK friends, all who I hang out a lot with, I even know some Irish man as well, and you can’t get anymore not racist than that if you’re intelligent with your history of the world.

But anyway, back on topic, I implore each and every one of you to make sure you see the type of person that is cooking your food if  you’re dining out at a authentic type of establishment. Trust me completely when I say that you wil have a much better experience with your food I’f you see that all the conditions are met. For example, one time I was deep in Mexico, in one of the most backwater town imaginable,  when the food that I was eating started to make me cough up blood in a most heavy fashion. Was I surprised? Yes, but I still enjoyed my meal and finished it with pride. These poor third world creatures poured their heart and souls into this meal and I would be a horrible person if I didn’t indulge in such dedication, while being in such a authentic environment. So what if there’s a Indian taking a fat shit right outside on the street and not even bothering to wipe right outside the restaurant you are eating at in India. This should only make the meal you are eating feel even more so good.

If anyone would like to debate me on this then feel free to reply, it would be a joy to convert another fellow connoisseur to the delights that make up authenticity.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Well said, my dear sir.  I myself was shocked to find an Indian man serving me my pizza yesterday and vowed to eat only Chinese for the rest of the week.  It truly is a sad state of affairs when people are vulgar enough to appropriate the cuisine of others.  

If all the Indians made "Italian" food, there would be no culture, no authenticity to be had, and that is disgusting.  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I have been told that I make pretty good pasta from time to time...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=To2wJqOX1Ig.  An example of the “Indian” variety of pasta.                                                            

Edit: sorry it’s not translated:P  I can’t find the English version anywhere. 

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
(Subtle racism, I said. Subtle.)

Oh well, I loled, so mission accomplished. Thanks Digit. Now maybe @undr or @Shouja or some other y'know, "ethnic" types can class it up a little by talking about making authentic Italian and Indian food with tomatoes and peppers from the Americas. We've got a lot of people on CYS who like to cook actually, so it might be interesting to see where a genuine food appreciation thread goes.

I'm actually not clear whether anybody besides the US and probably UK has the weird fetishization of the foods from other cultures that has led to the elitist 'authenticity' disease that looks primarily at stereotypes for what food is expected to be, but in some circles at least it's starting to get recognized for the ridiculous buzzword it is.

Anyway here's a good article on Tex Mex, the best food from the bar state, that tackles some of this. https://www.eater.com/2018/3/7/17081968/best-food-texas-tex-mex-barbecue. Plenty of other people talking about this subject in both articles and discussion formats and I suppose social media. Kind of similar to the recent backlash against the 'Instagramification' of food, except the authenticity debate gets snobs yelling at snobs and then the SJWs dive in and start throwing terms like cultural appropriation around.

I have more stuff to say but I'll have to tweak my pre-written educational essay a little now that AYT's obnoxious little cunt of a friend backed out in writing the OP and we got Digit instead lol.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
I have a question - what food can I, a melting pot of various types of white, possibly hope to cook? I have no culture, should I just give up and starve? Please advise.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. It's the only thing you're cleared for until we get the results of your DNA test back.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Lol good post Digit.

Mizal said this stuff could be discussed seriously, so I'll try to say something (not because I'm good at cooking but because my wop senses tingle when there's food talk to be had).

"Authenticity" can be an obnoxious word, mainly because it assumes there is only one pure form of food and it makes me think more of a painting than a dish. Having said that, there's also the thing that we in the EU actually have laws to protect specific foods and their place of origin, for example the PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) and PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) marks. This is made to protect the quality of the local product and the community that produces it, by eliminating competition that sells a foreign lower-quality product under the same name. It's only valid inside the EU though, this why US stores are allowed to sell Parmesan that isn't made in Italy and would never meet the standards.

I actually don't care if a food is authentic as long as it's good food; someone could invent an amazing new pasta recipe and I would gladly eat it. It isn't traditional food, but noone cooks only traditional food at home. Just don't call it X if it isn't X of course.

The situation in the US is more weird, because they borrowed from so many established cultures and traditions that they probably have more foreign restaurants than American restaurants. And so the authenticity & cultural appropriation thing is even more bitched about. Since foreign food is part of who they are now, they should just treat it as one treats traditional food; you respect it, but you can also use it as a starting platform of ideas to create something else. The final product won't be "authentic X food" but it will be a nice American version that could also develop as its own tradition (see TexMex).

And yeah, we stole tomatoes and potatoes from America, but we managed to create a culinary tradition around them. Traditional foods get eaten for a while before becoming traditional.

Protip: if you really want to cook authentic Italian food, choose good ingredients and keep it simple. Adding more stuff doesn't make it better.

P. S. I still don't know what's inside Alfredo sauce, someone please explain.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Honestly undr explained it way better than I ever could. Took the words right out of my mouth. 

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Don't worry, I chased her down and got your words back! Here you go:

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Shut up queer aren’t you banned

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I’d be interested in seeing where you got “queer” from. Also thanks Mizal, glad you got them screenshots, so I can compose them for my argument.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Too late, you had your chance.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
I'm still trying to get over the fact she referred to sushi as 'new'.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

She’s only had 13 years to try everything give her a break smh 

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Yeah, you guys are older and much much wiser and smarter than the likes of myself :-cc

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Shut up, queer.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmL8xaj1ac

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

<a href="link">Text which will be hyperlinked</a>

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Mmm thanks for the tip. Haven't used forums in a long time.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Commended by mizal on 1/29/2019 8:50:27 PM

I'm just popping in to write this because Scully still seems confused about this for some reason.

Your argument went as follows: "I don't like California rolls". Now, that's perfectly reasonable in and of itself. No further justification was really needed because it's perfectly subjective and relies on too many variables to really argue about, and the part of your brain that logs away in memory foods that it does and doesn't like isn't going to perceive things in a logical format. It's pretty weird, even disgusting to eat things like milk or lobsters in cultures that don't have dairy animals or mostly have bottom-feeding/freshwater arthropods, and it's pretty weird to eat things like simians or knee-cartilage in places that don't do that, even though they're all technically compatible with our digestive system, blablabla, bleeblee horpldfffff... Now that you've stopped reading this, let's move on!

Then you attempted to justify it with: "I don't like California rolls, because they're not authentic." Okay, well, hm. Well, that's dubious enough in itself. Most "ethnic" food in America isn't actually from the country of origin, so much as it's just inspired by it. In the days when immigrants came over, we weren't growing many foreign spices or veggies unless they were European. The general store wasn't commonly selling woks or any other cooking equipment from west of the caucasus. What we have instead is a natural evolution of local ingredients and styles.

But you've already heard all that. The thing is, what makes authenticity? Is it cultural significance to the party who inspired it? It doesn't really get more "significant" than being the home cooking that generations of people from their old homes have eaten as they made their own foothold in a new place. Does it have to be invented from within the culture? You may be surprised to know that the invention of the California Roll is commonly accreditted to a chef named Hidekazu Tojo, a first-generation Canadian Immigrant and, as of 2016, goodwill ambassador of Japanese cuisine, which is a title that has to be given to you by actual Japanese Government officials. Now, that's a pretty shocking origin story I didn't know that it had, but I think Mr. Tojo has a pretty strong background in Japanese food culture, whether it's strictly traditional or otherwise.

But that's alright, that can all be ignored because you clarified your argument before you were banned, that in order to be authentic, it has to be "Like the food that's actually made in Japan". Which I suppose is a reasonable law of whatever makes it authentic. After all, American food might be authentic to itself, but fuck, if it's not Authentic to the home country of the immigrants that made it, it might as well not be authentic at all, because as we well know American culture is just the default culture, and everything else is as strange and exotic as it is infallible and unchanging! But let's hold the fucking phone here. Hidekazu is a famous and officially recognized chef on both sides of the Pacific, and he has about as strong of a culinary influence as any one person can. Is it wrong to say that Gordon Ramsay is not a British chef just because he lives in America and has businesses there? Well, yes it is wrong, because Gordon Ramsay is Scottish, but the British don't seem to think that way.

Though I guess with this argument it comes down to whether they make california rolls in Japan. So, let's see, do they?... Well, maybe not in fancy places, but if there's a place that allows you to take special orders, (and there usually is) you can of course ask for a makizushi with avocado and cucumber in it. And y'know what? You almost certainly won't be the first person to have asked that unless this is a new restaurant or a really close-knit town that doesn't get tourists or avocadoes. Japan is far from a place where food is a stationary and sacred thing immune to experimentation, they make Watermelon-flavored kitkat bars and believe Santa's bag is full of fried chicken. They do have ancient and well-established traditions, but unless you have an especially strict grandma, no Japanese chef looking over your shoulder will tell you there's wrong ways to make pig-pussy on a stick as long as you follow a recipe basic enough for it to be called that. The only time somebody might yell at you is if it's your first time de-poisoning a blowfish...

When Mizal asked you to clarify, you said that you didn't like the way they tasted, which again, is valid... But you said it in a way that didn't establish any points. You said you didn't like it because "other food [read: ~AuThEnTiC~ food] tastes better." Which is kind of a flippant non-answer when you've been asked to truly justify in 500 words both why you didn't like it, and if you were really gonna insist on authenticity, why authenticity makes it better.

Does the food in Japan that came from China magically get better when you order it in China? Does the food in China magically get better when you order it in Thailand? Where does the buck stop when cultural exchange occurs? How many layers are allowed before food stops being good? In which case, can you really eat any food anymore? I suppose you could consult ancient recipes in an attempt to make authentic cultureless food from before culture was invented, but you'll have to remove anything more complex than roasting it over a fire on a stick, because anything above that won't be authentic unless you make it in Egypt or Mesopotamia. Everybody born after Australopithecus are just a bunch of rotten fuckin' posers.

I suppose I should also mention that you justified it with "I like to try new things", but that's kind of bull because all food is new if you haven't eaten it before.

Anyway, that's why you haven't been giving answers from the point of view of the people that Helled you. Hopefully that clears up your confusion!

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

After looking back, yes I do see how my response seemed shallow at best. I wasn’t trying to bash Mizal’s like in California rolls, I just wanted to explain how I didn’t enjoy a dish that is frequently enjoyed by the vast majority of people, and ended up sounding stuck up and snobbish, which when it comes to food I couldn’t give less of a shit when it comes to “is the food real or not” most of the time. I enjoy a mcnugget as much as the next person, but typically if I’m going to a restaurant that has a variety of dishes (say Mexican) I want to try something that seems a little more true to Mexican flavor than a quesodilla or something. That’s what I meant by authentic. Of course you can eat whatever you want. It’s fucked to think that you shouldn’t eat or make something just because you’re x nationality or x restaurant. That’s all. It’s not that deep, but I did enjoy reading what you thought about this. 

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
We haven't gotten an A U T H E N T I C Sentinel-brand text wall in awhile, very nice. You really did your homework too, I should've had you do the OP.

Your attempt to educate the terminally retarded is laudable, but the Scully thing really just boils down to: she was being a cunt, so I banned her.

The evolution of traditional foods and blending and adapting of cultures in general is a subject I find fascinating. A thread like this seemed like a good way to open up some discussion on that. Ultimately, giving a retarded noob a chance to get involved was a mistake, but y'know, nothing of value etc. Somehow we'll carry on.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I’m assuming I’m the retarded noob in this instance, yeah? Mizal I know you weren’t being serious in those text walls about me being a racist elitist (how the hell did that come from California rolls lol), but after you called me a Scalie-

That can’t be forgiven. And yes I did look it up. It’s disgusting.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Shut up you dumb fucking queer.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

It’s hard to take you seriously knowing who’s doing the name calling 

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Oh no, whatever shall I do

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Try a California roll?

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Now why the hell would I want to do that?

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Dunno, everyone else says they’re pretty good.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Maybe I will.  But since everyone has also said to shut up, queer.  Maybe you should take a hint.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Mizal wanted me to do this so I did. Mizal’s word is law.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I highly doubt she told you to act like a brat but okay.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Nobody told us to act like retards yet here we are //shrug

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Don't say we, I'm not on your side of this, you weird child.  Do your homework and behave yourself.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

(Just for the record, I don't like california rolls. Unless it's the kind with the fake crabmeat in it, in which case I'd rather just eat the crab.)

(Also there's more scalies on the server than furries, and your intolerance disgusts all internet minorities.)

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Then I can rest easy.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Be nice to Corgi.  He's the best knight.  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
100% serious about you being a retard and a cunt tho.

There is some undeniable racism or at least a creepy amount of fetishization at the roots of the worship of 'authenticity'. (As if there can ever be a non-creepy amount of fetishization...) This is a thing being recognized more and more by people who somewhat matter in the culinary world so it's not just a random people on the internet thing although it is a subject of a lot of internet debate.

I had some stuff pre-written as a response to thread you never made that got into this more. And I never got as far as referencing even the short version because you went straight from condescending non-apologies to refusing to do a simple and potentially fun thing, to deciding to die on the hill of 'Mizal y u so TRIGGERED by differing opinions, heh'.

The only useful thing you've ever done in the Discord in fact is to get banned, since that meant I got to draw the river for Tim.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

"100% serious about you being a retard and a cunt"

When calling someone a retarded cunt, there's never a reason for it to NOT be 100% serious.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Fetishization of racism from food? That’s a good one. I’m not too concerned with whatever you guys think I am, but after interacting with you, you’re definitely on the list of massive cunts and man children.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Am I a cunt or a manchild?  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Well here at CYS, we still respect traditional gender roles, so not being a penis haver you have to be a cunt. Whether you want to be a massive one or not is up to you.

However, seeing as you have new found daughter protection, your potential for being a massive cunt is nearly limitless at this time.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Wait what does that say about me then if I've been called both a cunt and a manchild?

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Guess you must be genderfluid

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Probably not far off from retarded cunt, as I’ve been so lovingly coined.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

That Scully is confused about traditional gender roles. You can't be a manchild, only penis havers qualify.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Wait I thought Mizal had a penis?

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

The strap on she uses on Axiom doesn't count.

Mizal is all WOMYN.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Damn even got the feminazi going, too! I’m quaking from not being anywhere near as powerful of a womyn

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
Lol, flailing much? You don't have to sit there spamming refresh if you've run out of things to say. You're doing random name calling now. Just close the browser and go to bed.

You... *grabs slip of paper out of Insult Hat* ...carpetbagging treenigger!

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I see.  Then I shall be a cunt like I was made to be.  

Thank you, sir.  I have never known such potential before.  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Not you, Cricket. You’re one of the few here who I think might actually be able to contribute anything of value to society.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Thank you.  I am unemployed though, and thus behind most peeps here.  I think even Coins has a job.  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

You’re also still much younger than a lot of the people here. You’ll go places!

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I need a Toyota first.  One with lots of room for Digit and co.  We can go places together.  

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
"Hahaha, that's a good one! A major debate in the culinary world that professional chefs and journalists have been weighing in on, but I'm 13 and I say there's nothing to it so that's that. No, I won't make an attempt to inform myself on the subject in any way."

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

As the focus on food as just a technical thing shifts to one as a matter of experience, I believe there is a little bit of validity to the idea of authenticity, but it doesn't really have that much to do with who makes it and how, because things can vary wildly even between traditionally "authentic" cooks. You're going to see, feel, and possibly taste something different just replicating a recipe at home than you are if you go to a place with a different atmosphere with new people.

There's definitely gonna be a different experience if you use a european waffle-maker to have flat waffles and kompot you learned how to make on the internet than if you're ordering breakfast at an Eastern-European restaurant built by a Babushka with her bare hands. Is it the be-all end-all? Not really. You can get atmospheric and interesting eating experiences no matter what or where it is. If you like to eat it, there's a place to find it, authenticity is fun for people who enjoy taking part in the 'worldbuilding' of planet earth, but if you're not able to appreciate things growing, changing, and coming together in different ways, it's arguably like eating a museum. Not that there's anything wrong with that either, that can be a cool feeling too.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

😐

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

TL;DR

Someone just give me the synopsis of this shitstorm without all the faggotry.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Mizal: "Sushi is cool and good."

Scully: "Nuh uh because its not authentic."

Mizal: "Explain with a 500 word essay on a thread."

Scully: throws bitch fit

Mizal: kills

Scully:acts all dumb and cunty in general about it then tries to act like she didn't.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Hm, yes, very amusing.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Digit: Writes beautifully

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
There are pictures End. Just look at the pictures.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
The goodness of food depends on the quality of the ingredients and equipment used, the skill of the cook, a little bit of luck and personal taste. I don't care if the cook is Greek, the recipe is originally from England and it's being served in Slovenia. I do enjoy trying out foods from other cultures, but that's just because I like trying new things. Generally, if the food is good and not extremely unhealthy, I won't complain.
We should lock up Scully in a cell. Give her food that's real damn good, but not authentic. See how long it takes until she breaks. :) What, it's not torture, she'd be getting good food!

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
She's already backpedaled on everything she said about food before diving back in with the random insults, so if anything she just needs to be locked in a cell with a mirror so that she'll always have somebody available to yell at about whatever for no particular reason.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Authentic British cooking. Accept no substitutes.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
With Admins, who I individually respect a great deal, of a site calling a site member a retarded cunt I am now curious, what are this site's standards on acceptable forum communication? :)

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
I've seen people called way worse than that actually, but it's not really a site member, don't worry. Just some kind of sentient yeast infection AYT picked up somewhere and brought to the Discord that only has an account because we forced it to make one.

Although saying someone is 'being' something refers to a specific behavior and is different that saying they 'are' a thing, I phrased it that way for a reason.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Since when has calling another member on here a retarded cunt not been acceptable forum communication?

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
This is actually covered specifically in the Forum Advice and Etiquette article.

Good CYA.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago
The takeaway from all this will hopefully be not to just stand there and keep repeating 'lol u mad bro?' to someone who can make you not like the answer to that. Either respond to what's actually being said or fuck off. One of those life lessons that's even more valuable IRL so hopefully after all is said and done Scully proves to be a learning animal.

Also I found some Italian/Japanese custom that looks pretty interesting. https://norecipes.com/mentaiko-pasta-recipe/. Too bad undr said she didn't like caviar.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

Hey that actually looks good. Bottarga is a common condiment for pasta as it's explained in that article, and I ate it once or twice on spaghetti. I don't like too much of it because it tends to have a strong, slightly bitter flavor, but I don't hate it either.

Don't know how fresh mashed cod roe would taste but it's something I would try. I mean, it's definitely possible it tastes exactly like pouring caviar on pasta but the fact that the eggs look smaller and that it looks more like a sauce gives me hope, though the brining makes me thing it would taste too salty on its own.

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I just noticed this post now and yeah Digit, I agree with a few points you put forward there. Authenticity, especially with food that seems weirdly foreign/not a part of your culture is very hard to create. For example, I’ve posted a lot about the typical food I make every day on the discord, that I’ve been taught to make from my parents, who were taught by their parents and so on. Thing is when it comes to Indian food there’s a lot of crucial points which you’ll never be able to find by simply searching the net for a recipe. Sure, you could make the general “dal” (lentils with boiled water) by just adding salt, some curry leaves and done. But no, it goes deeper than that. Which spices work with which type of dal(yes there are numerous varieties of dal) and the amount to add to it, combined with the secret methods to enhance flavour; all of these pointers are passed down generations. If I ever visit the States, I would be a bit skeptical about Indian restaurants there. Now I’m not saying it’s impossible for someone not assimilated with the culture of any ethnic group to be impossible to cook on the level of the natives, but it would certainly take a lot more time and effort to do so. 

I usually have the responsibility of making the family dinner every Saturday and I have a tendency to play around with food a lot. But sadly, my family members always chastise me for not following the strict family norms. (Oh and ya, in India each and every state, and denomination; infact even each family have their own “special” way of cooking that could be completely opposite to the Internet recipes. So any and every dish you eat is completely unique.) People here are used to their own style and are extremely intolerant if you try something new. I’ve heard a few NRI’s laughing at the quality of Indian food found abroad, but I honestly think that the reason for their criticisms is because they’re so bent upon having the same taste of food everywhere they go...which is frankly not possible. This is one thing I detest about the food culture here, nobody appreciates something “unique” or “different”

On the other hand, I’m sure natives here would fail at cooking the common everyday food from the west. Take me for example, I asked people on the discord for the recipe of quiche Lorraine, and attempted to make it...which didn’t end well. I absolutely suck at baking because I’m simply not used to it. Baking is a pretty common cooking practice in the west, so peeps abroad would probably be masters at baking. I think it’s more dependent  from the place you belong and you’re upbringing. A French cook would be superior at making croissants, an Italian at pasta and similarly an Indian at Sindhi Kari(brown curry). 

Anyway, at least here in Mumbai, things are drastically changing. Traditional Indian food with the young generation is going more “out of fashion” and mostly everyone prefers a frankie or a corn dog with black coffee rather than samosas with a nice strong cup of Kadak chai. In other words, in the same way people are going crazy over Japanese anime everyone here is going crazy over American stuff; and food is no exception. But this is not good, because as I said before you excel at your own native food, so why should you try to sell something that you know you’re gonna suck at making when you can make the local food way better? You’re just ruining the quality of your food that way.

In the end I think I’m gonna try out new cuisines because  I believe cooking to be a universal thing, let’s hope I don’t burn my house on my next attempt at making a quiche...

PS: Fuck you digit, go eat a bag of chopped dicks marinated with rose jam and cum that you ejaculated while watching hentai, you racist scum bag. You’re NEVER gonna find anybody taking a shit AnYWhERe. How the hell did that rumour even spread anyway...

PPS: Just kidding, it’s a joke so don’t take it seriously :)

Good food, not fake food

5 years ago

I can understand that, we may be a little less strict than Indians here (at least in my family) but traditions are still important; traditional recipes aren't just food, it's like they represent the history and people they've gone through so we tend to attribute them maybe more importance than what'd seem reasonable.

And there's a boom of foreign cuisine even here, but in more recent times I've seen a number of new small characteristic Italian shops and bars opening to try and fight on the fast food/ quick lunch market.