Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Hey guys, I just joined up here because I heard that you guys hold no love of CoG. I was recently suspended for the second time because the mods there are fucking tyrants and Jason has a personal grudge against me for some reason (actually confirmed by someone who knows him better than me). So when I get my account back in November, I'm going to lay out my evidence in the In Response to Recent Concerns thread and see what the community thinks. Before I do that though, I need witnesses, lots of them. If he bans me for this then I want everyone to see it. Let me know if any of you still have accounts there and are willing to help me in this regard.

CYS is not your personal army

2 years ago

Most of us just sort of sit back and laugh at whatever the latest shitstorm is going on over there. Jason and co. seem to be doing a good enough job of shooting themselves in the girl parts with every newest direction they take.

Whatever it is you do, be sure to take lots of screen shots and post them here, we always enjoy a good laugh and like to keep a record of this stuff for archival purposes.

I imagine if you really want an army to help you though, you might try some of the tumblrinas. No seriously, a lot of them are really pissed at CoG to the point of holding boycotts and such.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I took tons of screenshots of my first suspension and as many as I could once the second one blindsided me. I have my own little group of rebels over at the M.C Games discord. I'll be sure to check Tumblr, although I'll have to make an account for that. Regardless, I have nothing but time, so I will reach as far out as I need to.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Do you know where on Tumblr I can find these people?

2 years ago
Here's MeltedPenguin's tumblr. She'll help you out; just mention NFTs.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Lol, thanks.

2 years ago
Probably what will happen is anything you post will be deleted immediately. I'm not really sure witnesses will help much in that regard, just be sure to screenshot whatever you post the instant you post it. (And of course be sure to share it here. )

There's lots of communities that hate CoG by this point though and most of them are on various social media things, they might do a better job spreading this around if it means that much to you. We'd just be entertained by Jason activating his woke Führer mode and call him a faggot a few times, which is the pretty standard default behavior for him and for us.

2 years ago
Whoops, End beat me to all that.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

That's the exact reason why I need witnesses. I will gather them all at the same time to watch all of this unfold. If everything is deleted, they will see it and talk about it. Jason can silence me and ban me forever, but if enough people see him do it, then he's fucked.

2 years ago

You could also bring the attention of CoG's problematic behavior to the IF forums since there's a lot of people there part of the larger IF community and with nothing but time on their hands.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

I wasn't aware their hatred of CoG was as strong as your guys'. I'll be sure to continue my quest over there.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Ya... I tried the IF forum. Turns out TONS of CoG staff and mods use it. Posting there would be a death sentence.

2 years ago

Oh right, that place is compromised since it became an arm of CoG. Probably should extend your crusade to that place as well. Lot of mod abuse going on there too.

2 years ago
In this scenario the only one getting fucked is you. Everyone everywhere already knows what Gayson does and you're no one special. Maybe in education as you seem to think you're different from the dozens he'd banned before.

Really, once he whips his microcock out on the table you either struggle and come back for more later, or you move the fuck on with your life. And that's the choice that defines you. Get a job or something

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Dude. No need to be so rude.

2 years ago
Dude. Painting the picture

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

It's not just about me, it's about the way they conduct themselves. I'm gathering evidence from other people too.

2 years ago

Well if you're really gathering info, feel free to browse our 2 Minute HATE archive pinned in the Lounge.

There's a lot of stuff there from various people complaining about CoG, Jason, Dan, the mods, etc.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

I will, thanks.

2 years ago
So what's the story on whatever it is that gave Jason a hate boner for you?

2 years ago

Yeah, you sort of need to elaborate because surprisingly we've been getting an increase in noobs coming here exclaiming "I HATE JASON!"

I mean we figure it's always for the same reasons, but stories about specifics are always important.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

It's a long one. 1st suspension: A friend on our discord server sent me a picture of him being a dumbass, asking Jason to beta test a game that already came out. We all thought it was hilarious, so I asked if I could post it on the Funny Thread. He agreed and was eager to see the responses. Eiwynn immediately took it down and issued a warning against shame posting. I sent her a PM explaining that it was not shame posting because the dude was in on the joke. She responded by creating the Shame Posting Is Not OK thread. I told her in said thread that I sent a PM explaining everything and she banned me for 'Questioning Moderation'. After a long string of emails where Jason was hyper-focused on the fact that he was in the picture, and not all the other bs, I managed to get my account back after apologizing for including him. Once again, not the point, but apparently what he wanted to hear. 2nd suspension: An author was writing a story for a writing contest and made a joke about definitely not convincing the other participants to drop out. So I responded with a gif of Peter Griffin with a shotgun saying "I just wanna talk to him. I just wanna talk to him." This was taken down and a warning was issued for 'death threats against real people'. I messaged the mod to talk about how it was not even remotely a death threat, and after 3 or so messages, she suspended me for 'Not listening to staff feedback'. No warning, no "I tire of this discussion." Nothing. So, of course, I emailed support. After 3 weeks of no response, I emailed them again, where Jason proceeds to tell me that I'm a Stochastic Terrorist and a convicted felon and therefore am not allowed to defend myself. End of discussion.

2 years ago

Lmao

2 years ago

Lol. Sounds like CoG.

So wait, you didn't get banned for 1000 years and you're getting your account back in November? Sort of a light sentence compared to some who did even less in the past.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

No it's a natural progression unless the offense is really bad (so they say). First ban is 1 month, next is 1 year, next is 1,000 years.

2 years ago

As queer as cog is, there's nothing queerer than someone who thinks that being banned from a forum is a grievous injustice 

Take the thong out yo bussy, playa.

2 years ago
Quite frankly I don't think your plan is going to work, Jason's banhammer will swing faster than a horse running high on heroin, besides if you get banned/kicked no one is going to really ask about it and if they do then said comment is very likely getting removed from the thread, but going out with a bang MIGHT cause some ruckus.

If you want to try to do something you could try contacting authors and telling them about Jason's bullshits on things like Tumblr, Twitter, etc etc.

Not buying any Hosted Games and Choice of Game books kinda goes without saying (besides most author's are putting their works on Patreon before they are released aren't they? so you can see some books you are really interested in)

Reddit is fun to spread "dissent", just go around messaging people there and talk about Jason's actions and things like that (a good example is Sam's Suicide Saga in the 2 minutes hate thread is a pretty good example to say and talk about)

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

The whole point of this is that tons of people will see it. I will set a date and time for when I plan to do this to ensure that as many people as watching as possible. It won't be the instant I get it back though. I'll spend a few days PMing some potential allies and show them the screenshots and stuff. I noticed that when Eiwynn made the Shame Posting Is Not OK thread, and subsequently suspended me, many people were not ok with the thread itself, but also wanted to know what happened. I think if people know what's going to happen before I get silenced it will have a much bigger impact.

2 years ago

No one's going to see, no one gives a shit. Using CYS as your personal army is dumb and gay 

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Dude, ease up on the gay stuff.

2 years ago

Stop sucking cocks in a public forum, be better than your mom. 

2 years ago
Uh, if he's a minotaur, doesn't that imply it was more likely a farm?

2 years ago
There's no way you're going to keep up this level of indignant outrage until November even for yourself, and so no one else will be able to either. It is however plenty of time to do lots of writing or give feedback in other places to create some renown for yourself beyond guy who got banned from another forum and is mad.

2 years ago

Well, I know you have a lot of planning to do, so probably best to just do it quietly at this point. We do have CoG folks that wander over here from time to time and one can easily see your thread and snitch on you so you get banned FOREVER.

But the reason you aren't getting the "support" you probably thought you might over here has already been mentioned. CYS isn't your personal army. If we're going to go fuck with CoG, we'll do it on our own time for our own reasons. And there's been less and less reason for us to do it directly since as I said, Jason's been doing a good enough job driving away people (Hence why we've been getting an increase of people similar to you coming here)

Plus in the past, we actually HAVE assisted CoGite "rebels" before and we ended up doing all the heavy lifting while most of them flaked out, and the loudest "rebels" ended up crawling back to CoG because they decided they liked sucking Jason's dick for money instead and begging to get their game published there. (There's links of that event in the mega HATE thread.)

In fact, people getting pissed at CoG and then crawling back to them is a pretty reoccurring theme to the point that it's basically their yearly "clip show". And we can't really get excited about reruns of a shitty show with bad writers in general.

There's also the fact that there's not going to be a pay off until fucking November. Like, ain't nobody here got that sort of attention span! Granted, I might go wander over and check in November, but that's more due to my obsessive archival of potential lols. Everyone else is going to just forget unless someone posts screen shots of the major "event."

In any case, if you really are dedicated in your revenge, I'll say good luck to you and be sure to post screen shots of the aftermath.

And if you're bored in between all the plotting and planning, you can read/rate the stories here. Hell, you can write one if you're really feeling ambitious.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

I'm not trying to take anyone down, I'm trying to promote change. I'm going to plead my case to the people and see how they feel. I will be taking screenshots of all of this, of course. I didn't come here for an army, actually the opposite. I'm looking for people who have similar thoughts or grievances. This whole thing is specifically focused on moderators and bans (and how CoG responds to appeals). I'm looking for tons of witnesses, yes, but I'm not gathering evidence on behalf of everyone, only those who have had similar issues.

2 years ago

Well if you're not trying to burn CoG to the ground, then what's the point?

CoG is still going to be full of faggotry unless it changes so severely that it's more like CYS, which just isn't going to happen.

2 years ago
My advice to you is to post it on the CoG reddit. Just create a megapost of various grievances involving him and it will probably be pretty well received. Here's some of the issues with Jason that will probably be more well received there (just edit out the edgy bits).

https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/25136
https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/25154
https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/28666
https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24847

2 years ago
Thanks, guy with encyclopedic knowledge of our threads who registered just for this post. Always nice to have you drop by.

2 years ago
No problem. Great to be here.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

I'll make use of them, thanks.

2 years ago

I'm not clear what the speed of Jason's banhammer is supposed to be. Horses are pretty fast, but heroin is a downer.

2 years ago

Seems you're losing the crowd here, but it's a tough room.

Anyway, the only ex-CoG people I can think of you could contact here directly are Lux_Inferi, Furry_Man, Sam_Ursu, Voldy and DerekMetaltron.

However, Lux and Furry already posted. And Lux I know is fine with just loling at drama since he knows it's pointless to lift a finger.

Furry might be more willing to help you since he's a bit more active in fanning the flames to burn CoG, but even he laid out a fairly accurate outline of things in his post.

SamU is more active on the IF forums, so he just found faggotry in another form. He won't help you.

Voldy was fairly pissed, but he's disappeared and nobody gives a shit where he actually is since he's been flaking on writing challenges here.

And I think Derek just wants to work on his fanfic in peace now, so he's focused on that.

Like I said, if you do some digging in the tumblrs related to CoG, (Some links to some of them can probably found in the HATE thread) that's your best bet for fucking things up for them. That is if you can convince the Tumblrinas out of their safe spaces.

2 years ago
Lol, he's already messaged me, and I politely declined. Normally I could be bribed, but I've got a gut feeling that anyone involved in this revenge plot is going to come out smelling like a retard. Moldy's shit was retarded enough.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Who tf changed the name of the thread?

2 years ago

IT'S ME, MINOTAUR!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! hehehehehe

I own all of interactive fiction, you can run but, (just like my neighbor's Jewish nose) you can't hide.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Nice try, but I already know you're not actually Jason.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago
Out and proud, congrats!

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Can whoever keeps changing my title change it back to what it originally was please? This is getting really annoying.

This is making it worse

2 years ago

You do realize this is only going to make you a bigger target right?

Unlike CoG, the powers here prefer to just torment those that annoy them rather than banning them outright. Begging for mercy or demanding them to stop is going make things worse for you.

I suggest you just stay quiet and let this happen

This is making it worse

2 years ago
Wow, that is a horrible way to treat your members. What is the point of the admin abuse line if you actively condone this kind of behavior?

This is making it worse

2 years ago

This isn't abuse.

THIS IS CYSTIA!

This. Is. Sparta! GIF - 300 Action Drama GIFs

This is making it worse

2 years ago
@ClaimedMinotaur

Your username has to fight a casually trolling mod in an open forum. Do they survive?

This is making it worse

2 years ago
Yeah you're right, whatever loose cannon did this sure is costing the site a lot.

This is making it worse

2 years ago

Lol, buddy, it takes more than making an account to become a CYS member.

This is making it worse

2 years ago
I kind of wish Voldy would show up just so you'd have someone to cry with. The only thing you've done as a "member" is repeat the same shit over and over. At least Voldy was entertaining before he started moping about being an outcast or some shit. You should also thank him since he's the reason I, an ex-CoGite, have zero fucking sympathy for you. Edit: I'll be nice and give you a bit of advice; stop being a fucking hypocrite. Don't whine to us about Jason's tyranny then cry when nobody coddles you. CoG is a safe space, CYS is not.

This is making it worse

2 years ago
Actually you guys are on opposite ends of the same spectrum. They try way too hard to protect people, whereas you guys make no effort whatsoever. The duality is interesting to see.

This is making it worse

2 years ago
This is a community run site and loosely a self policing meritocracy, not a business that depends on maintaining docile cattle to milk money from.

This is making it worse

2 years ago

I think it's less a matter of protect vs don't protect and more that the two protect different things.  COG is interested in protecting people's feelings and equality (and their income), CYS is interested in protecting people's ability to say what they want and creative opportunity.  I vastly prefer CYS for this reason, but for those who are more sensitive to other's opinions and don't mind working with restrictions, I can see where COG would be preferred.

This is making it worse

2 years ago

This is making it worse

2 years ago
Accurate.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)e

2 years ago
Well I see he didn't manage to regain that crowd overnight.

I suppose he's still doing better than how Voldy started out at least, but, like, that's very faint praise that literally just means he isn't compounding his cringe with sock puppets. Meanwhile I see multiple posts of really good advice in here from End that seems to have just been ignored.

Not true

2 years ago
Not ignored at all. I've investigated all sources presented to me. I've sent out several DMs to people in the hate threads, I've tried finding all the stuff on Reddit (no such luck), and I tried my hand at the IF forum, but uh... ya I won't be going back there. It seems that CoG staff use it all the time.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Congrats on coming out!

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Glad you found the personal strength to stake your claim in this world as a queer individual. 

Be loud and be proud. 

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Well, this thread was a whole lot of fun! Got to say, the reasons people are getting banned from CoG are getting more and more hilarious. Very late to the party, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents anyway.

I think it's been more or less summed up already, but there's a few reasons why your righteous crusade is unlikely to go to plan.

1. Jason and the mods on CoG automatically delete any posts on CoG from anyone that they think might be saying anything remotely negative about them. I know because I'm personally on their auto-silence list, and it seems that either they have a mod on standby at all hours of the day and night to delete any messages from people that they don't like, or they have some kind of way to automatically delete any content that those people post, which they then review later and decide whether or not to allow it. Once I made a thread just asking a simple question about flagging, and the thread got automatically deleted until one of the mods could review it, then when they decided that there wasn't anything in the thread that was potentially harmful to their glorious leader, they put it back up again. Considering it's highly likely that someone on CoG has seen this thread and reported it to Jason, I would imagine that you're already on the auto-silence list. Try it once your account is reactivated. (If it gets reactivated.) Just start a new thread about an insightful and completely non controversial topic and see if it gets deleted automatically. Though at this point, I'd be extremely surprised if your temporary ban hasn't changed into a perma-ban since, you know, the staff aren't going to want someone on their site who they know is going to say negative things about them.

2. Everyone already knows. Literally everyone on CoG knows that Jason is an awful person. He used to be more subtle and try to hide it, but at this point, he goes out of his way to make sure everyone knows. If anyone says anything negative about him, he (or another member of staff) will automatically shut down the thread. Then Jason will open the thread again, just so that he can have the last word and go on a rant about how he is God and everyone should worship him, then he'll shut the thread down again so that nobody can argue with him. Basically, the message he's delivering loud and proud across the CoG forums is, "If I don't like you, I'll ban you. If I don't like something you say, I'll silence you. If people don't like it, tough titties. I've got the ban hammer. What you going to do about it?" Loads of people have already left CoG either because they hate the way Jason runs things, or because they got banned themselves for speaking up against him. Everybody left on CoG either knows what Jason's like, but ignore it because they like the stories and the story writing community, or they have no idea what's going on because they avoid the internal politics and only read the WIP and Published Games threads. Either way, I doubt that any thread that you posted on CoG would receive much attention for the 0.5 seconds that it's actually visible before it gets deleted.

Essentially, if you want to say anything against CoG, you're going to have to do it somewhere else other than CoG. But, of course, it's not going to get much attention from members of CoG because... You know... It's not CoG.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago
Yeah gotta say announcing the glorious revolution ten months in advance on a public forum a lot of the triggered types clearly read to fuel their outrage (hi guys. still faggots?) might not have been the biggest brained move.

Particularly when it's an established thing that they comb people's tumblrs and whatnot and ban anyone who speaks out on other sites as well. All the stuff you went through really made the rounds a long time ago and is easily available knowledge. People who love spreading their cheeks for Jason just don't care. He can only piss off THOSE types by offering them NFT in exchange for their....services.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago
Thinking about it though, there is a CoG reddit page, that a lot of people were pissed off about because the reddit page is also run and policed by Jason, which is pretty counterproductive since reddit pages are generally fan made for... You know... The fans. Maybe someone could make like a CoG unfiltered reddit where people can actually say what they want without fear of getting banned. Doubt it would get much attention, but it's a thought.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago
Yeah sure maybe somebody should do that.

I'm honestly having a hard time paying attention to any of this when Ford has been in the Discord since 5am, writing out scene by scene updates on the riveting plot and character development of some degenerate futa game he got ahold of.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

I personally think it would be cool to have some kind of CoG related forum where people can actually air their grievances without being automatically shut down, but I don't care enough to put one together or moderate it. :p

He's Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

To be fair, Ford's probably spending his time more wisely being a degenerate.

In any case, if Minotaur felt fucking with CoG was a productive use of his time then I figured I could give at least a few helpful posts of where to go/what to do. So did a few others. Because hey, if he actually succeed then doing the minimum would have paid off anyway. It's always fun to see Jason bitch about "Why do these rebellions keep happening to me?!"

What you DON'T DO is go around demanding things, especially when you just popped up out of nowhere. Dan Fagubitch did when he came around here from CoG wanting us to take down the "Mean Girls Locker Room" thread. Yeah, fuck off.

Hell, Minotaur has got a Youtube account and is really active on Reddit. He's got more than enough ways to spread dissent and put CoG on blast. He could have just gathered his info quietly and then either disappeared or actually settled in to become an actual productive member here (Or at least not a whining one, since I know being productive around here is a big ask)

EDIT: This thread has been added to the glorious HATE archives!

Not quite

2 years ago
It's hilarious that you think my YouTube channel has any pull whatsoever, lol. It really doesn't. Of all my videos, I only have 2 or so that have over 1,000 views and they are all remixed music, so no one cares what I have to say. I would love to use my own platforms to do this 'crusade' but the reality is that I am a nobody. The only way this will work is by going to places that I already know have the people I'm looking for. Is it super dangerous? Very much so, but I don't really have a lot of alternatives.

Edit: Thanks for putting it in the hate archives.

Not quite

2 years ago
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is This Super Dangerous Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Not quite

2 years ago
No lol. I meant dangerous for my prospects on CoG, not actual danger. We're not quite living in the matrix yet.

Not quite

2 years ago

Well see that's the problem right there. You actually still want to go back to the place after being treated like shit there.

Not quite

2 years ago

I wonder if there's a name for the psychological phenomenon that results in all these CoGites desperately wanting to be accepted on that site despite being banned and exiled.

Not quite

2 years ago

Stockholm syndrome?

Not quite

2 years ago

They're not held hostage though. They just choose to be abused. Maybe it's their collective fetish or something

Not quite

2 years ago
Ya, it does seem counterintuitive doesn't it? The thing is, while the mods and the staff are assholes, the community it great. I really enjoy interacting with them and assisting in the creation of their games. So yes, as crazy as it seems, I do want to go back. But unless I find a way to keep Jason off my back, my stay will be overly brief.

Not quite

2 years ago

So you're retarded?

Not quite

2 years ago
Lol, maybe.

Not quite

2 years ago

Not wanting to leave the community seems to be the thing most of the COGites who come here say.  Actually getting Jason to change his ways seems useless at this point, so wouldn't it be better to try and just move the community somewhere else?  If you guys made an alternate forum for discussing games that wasn't operated by Jason, I bet a lot of people would move there, since plenty of them are fed up with him too.  Even just making a COG/HG discord server to discuss games free from Jason's censorship would probably go a long way

Not quite

2 years ago
If it was that easy, someone would have done it by now.

Not quite

2 years ago

It is that easy, you are all just lazy.

Not quite

2 years ago

That's certainly possible, but not necessarily true.  Most of the people who have the means/knowledge of the community to actually pull something like that off are either busy with real-life things, busy writing games, busy reviewing games, too exhusted by forum drama to care, or don't have anything negative to say anyways and don't mind censorship.

If, in November, you just PMed a bunch of people (or made a thread if you're feeling lucky) saying "Hey I made a forum website/discord server/whatever for COG", a lot of people would probably join it, and Jason probably wouldn't ban you immediately.  If you still have the contact information of your friends on COG, you could get something like that started right now without waiting eight months.  Then, at least the community would have a place to talk without bowing to jason.

Not a bad idea

2 years ago
I'm still going to try to do what I set out to do, but that's not a terrible idea. I might do that anyway.

Not a bad idea

2 years ago
Commended by mizal on 1/18/2022 10:12:54 PM
Well, wasn't expecting to see you here. I do give you props for not doing what I did.

I, too, wanted to "shame" Jason for his ways and became so briefly obsessed with it I ended up making a damn fool of myself. Now I just continue to do that on my own by being an adult who's still really bad at managing their own time.

Where you and I differ, though, is you essentially want to go out and "spearhead," as you put it in your message to me, some kind of organized cancel party on CoG like its fucking Twitter or some shit. I just wanted to boast about annoying him like some lame new fat kid on the playground trying to get immediate high fives from all the cool kids without being a normal human being first. You want to stride over here with that same type of vibe, but arguably more confusingly. What exactly do you hope to accomplish? What do you think this'll do? Is this revenge? Or do you actually believe you'll change a damn thing on any level that actually matters?

You want my response, here it is. This is pretty pointless. Not only that, it is not worth it. You'll probably stir something up with the Tumblrinas or the like-minded CoGites, but only for the briefest ripple in time, then it'll fade fast and the Forums will be back under their control while everyone over here and on the other sites will move onto the next funny thing or more pressing matters in general.

In other words, no one actually gives a shit. Not only because CoG will NEVER change, but also because, why? What is there to care about regarding this issue beyond laughs? The CYStians you've spoken to have already pointed out how shitty previous "rebellions" have gone, as well. The ones who want their little safe space, will always crawl back to it. The people too weak to fend for themselves, too. The ones who actually want honest, real dialogue and interaction will come to sites like this one, or other, non-CoG sites in general with little to no focus on protecting people like they're still feeble children. That's all there is to it. "Site wars" can sometimes be entertaining, but if there's none to be had, you won't get any real support, because it's otherwise just a giant waste of time.

So if you were expecting an anti-CoG echo chamber, sorry, this isn't it. I got that reality check, hopefully you can, too. Just move on and either actually join this site, or leave. I'm still here because I really am still writing in the background and playing games. If you came here literally just to swing your bony virtual fists at a shitty game company, I suggest Reddit as a more fitting place for you.

Not a bad idea

2 years ago
Commended by EndMaster on 1/19/2022 1:07:32 PM

To be fair, stirring up shit with the tumblrinas and the like-minded CoGites is never not worth it. But only if you're doing it with the intent to stir up shit with the tumblrinas and like-minded CoGites. Jason's grip over the site is pretty blatantly unshakable, you're not gonna somehow take his job away from him over a minor PR stink, unless your "gathering evidence" somehow entails unearthing a real sexual misconduct scandal against a guy who's probably too busy playing animal crossing and staring at his NFT listings to bother getting any from his actual wife.

If you really want to rebel against CoG, abandon it, become un-governable, and don't give it such power over you and your art. Maybe present alternatives to other disenfranchised CoGites. Maybe it won't tangibly harm CoG, but who cares? In situations where violence is not a feasible answer, your only option is slow and cumulative change. If you hate the state of the CoG community, the fact is that you cannot simply dethrone the people you don't like and keep the rest exactly as it was. You cannot dismantle the master's house using the master's tools, they're the guys with all the power and resources, and you're just a guy. CoG's setup is a system of power that perpetuates Jason and his ilk, each handpicked by their fellatio abilities according to the will of the insufferable bugmen in charge. It is an old and gnarled tree with roots spreading deep through multiple communities, including the diaspora-ruled puppet states like their reddit and even the IFDB.

You cannot uproot the tree by pulling on the trunk, and you certainly don't have the tools to chop it down. You must become the poison that undoes the roots. Everyone wants to be the blade that prunes CoG, but they don't want to acknowledge the ruinous system of power that has made CoG what it is, petulant soymanbaby overlords and all. Everyone sane is dissatisfied by current leadership and wants to fix the matrix of CoG, but few have ever made the sacrifice necessary and become, down to the basis of their being, anti-CoGBe the change you want to see. If you hate Jason, don't bother partaking in or promoting communities where he and his obsequious ghouls hold power. Build up other places, deprive CoG of yourself and others. If you don't like the power that CoG mods have over you, don't give them any. If you don't want to be part of what makes Jason king of the retards, don't aspire to join the politics of his court. It's a game you won't win- He's a meddling eunuch who's been playing it probably since before you were born.

Not a bad idea

2 years ago
"including the diaspora-ruled puppet states like their Reddit " I wouldn't call the Reddit to be deeply entrenched on "kissing Jason's ass" attitude compared to their other "puppet states", they are actually a bit quite open against some of Jason's plans like separating Hosted games from Choice of Games with many posts of the COG subreddit being actually from HG (same goes with comments, expect the HG comments to have more upvotes than COG comments) in fact they praise HG much more than COG in the subreddit

Just take a look at some of these posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/choiceofgames/comments/n3tufo/does_deleting_a_post_trying_to_have_a_discussion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/choiceofgames/comments/myxz3n/why_not_just_make_a_flair_for_hosted_games/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/choiceofgames/comments/mztgj9/cog_subreddit_suggestion_box/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

But I understand your sentiment and agree that Jason is very likely not leaving his position and is going to continue his policies but yeah I think promoting other alternatives and privately talking to other users about Jason's bs is still the only good option you can take on going against him, the more people that know about his bullshit, the more people are likely to grow a goddamn backbone in the forums and demand changes.

Not quite

2 years ago

The thing is, multiple people have made CoG discords for the express purpose of discussing CoG without Jason. One of them, Tevin, flawed individual though he may be, even invited a bunch of us to his gaggle of ragtag weirdoes to go there and curse the name of Jason, which, I mean, his rebellion was hopeless and ill-planned, but no Cystian aware of the situation was going to turn down the opportunity to do that occasionally. That particular community collapsed for a litany of unrelated reasons... Namely the people he chose to side with, of whom only one of the CoGites was tolerable as a person, (his rogues gallery included a suicidal and proudly self-identifying narcissist, one of those weasel-word weeaboo pedophiles who, to make matters worse, was French, and some other retard who couldn't stop whining and whose butthurtedness at his righteous Cystian ribbing forced Tevin to delete all the text channels and turn the place into a dead, unusable collection of identical voice channels) his cowardly lack of any direction, and his disgusting quisling nature (he stopped "rebelling" as soon as he was unbanned) lead to its downfall.

Not quite

2 years ago

Oh lol guess it has been done

Not quite

2 years ago
Making and populating a Discord server is the simplest thing in the world, people just reflexively click any invite placed in front of them.

There's lots of CoG related servers that are like individual fiefdoms run by the more popular authors, but more general CoG related servers all seem like a wasteland, I don't know why. People join them and then just don't talk. Although the server owners themselves never seem to go to any special effort to show interest in the place or the people in it or otherwise make it feel like a community.

Might just be some natural lack of socialization skill or ability to be normal the CoGites have, idk. I guess I'm not actually sure what the norm is since there's only a handful of Discords I bother to hang out on the long term, but on the CYS server there's multiple conversations going on every day and friendships have evolved so far we've all been routinely hiding bodies for each other since 2019.

I've seen similar deadness in all the major IF servers now that I think of it, and the one time we tried to chill with other IF peeps for a Halloween themed thing we ended up with otherwise completely uncommunicative trannies from IntFiction spamming the forum and raiding all three of my servers. There really is a deep strain of being mentally ill twats who don't know how to use words to communicate despite calling themselves writers running through the other IF Communities these days which may be the source of the problem. But then that's most of the internet anywhere phony positivity is enforced and passive is the only form of aggression allowed.

Not quite

2 years ago
words is being hard

Not quite

2 years ago
This was more so what I meant. It is not creating a place for it that is difficult, but having it actually succeed as an alternative. The reality it that CoG is an absolute behemoth. Compare their forum to the IF forum. The IF forum represents all other forms of IF (except maybe you guys, I'm not quite sure how that works) whereas CoG only represents choicescript, and yet, CoG has way more traffic on their forum, hands down. Why that is could be one, or a combination of several things, but the fact remains, they are huge. Convincing people to leave such a lively place for an unquestionably less lively place is difficult.

Not quite

2 years ago

Oh we've always been the "rogue state" of the IF communities.

There were more than a couple genuine attempts at civility with the IF forums but the problems were always on their end. 

In the past when the place was more elitist, they didn't like this place because it was choice based rather than parser based. Nobody ever fucking reached out and we generally just got a lot of upturned nose snearing at us "peasants."

Of course Briar won their Spring Thing contest and they just grumbled and STILL never made any attempts at reaching out or anything of the sort. And really what the hell did we care, we made our point, if they wanted to continue to be snobby assholes hey go for it, we're not losing any sleep over not being part of the "grand alliance."

Fast forward a few years and all the old grumpy elitists either got pushed out or subdued by the "Gay and Depressed" wokies that turn in a bunch of one choice Twine shit that mostly consists of how stressed your character is over not being accepted as the fifth gender and what wrong pronoun someone used.

With a community even more full of faggotry than CoG now (Thanks to Dan Fagubitch coming in and rewriting all their rules and horse fucking the place) the IFaggotry Forums basically doesn't like us for even more retarded reasons than they did before. Not a single one of those cowardly faggots in charge has EVER come here to speak to us in any diplomatic manner. The closest might have been Mormon cuck Mathbrush, and he basically pussies out and kowtowed to his IF overlords and broke contact.

But hey, we were never part of the "IF community" anyway, so it's not like we're missing anything. Besides, we already got a story called "Gay and Depressed" and that one is at least amusing.

Not quite

2 years ago
They're supposed to be about supporting authors and players of all forms of IF, but they've gone to hilarious lengths to exclude CYS. End went into more detail already but originally, since CYS games were choice based and not downloadable they weren't "real" IF. Then over the years that distinction went out the window, but our community is pretty self contained (as are the Adrift and Quest communities for more traditional parser IF) and neve really need them.

Since I'm a fan of parser games too I have a time or two tried to encourage peeps here to try other kinds of games and vote in the IFComp, and at one point a lot of us here were writing reviews on the IFDB. Endmaster in particular did loads of essay length reviews for classic IF he played on the C64 and some of the original gamebooks, then Dan Fabulich right after he took over actually went in and deleted them all (more than 80) and banned End's account along with the accounts of all the other mods here he could find, even the ones who had just made them at some point and weren't even using them.

I guess if anyone cared enough it wouldn't be so easy to get away with now that the IFDB actually logs mod actions, but, we were doing more for them than they ever did for us so if they want to shoot their own foot off out of spite, why stop them.

Not quite

2 years ago
"No lol. I meant dangerous for my prospects on CoG, not actual danger. We're not quite living in the matrix yet."

Are you listening to to what you are writing right now? "I want to make a revolution against COG and make something against Jason to make him listen to me while I use his products and interact with the community of said products which can benefit him indirectly and maybe not say anything against him to make sure I can still interact with said community"

You are just doubling down from the values you appreciated and contributing to the Status Quo, Do you want to try make COG change? then stop fucking doing things that can benefit it and try finding alternatives if said changes don't happen.

Do you know how a strike works? do something like that, make something that affects negatively COG and try to find people with similar ideas to you and demand changes to the company, if nothing comes out of it then find better alternatives outside of CoG (Chooseyourstory is pretty much the best alternative out there similar to COG but there are some IF in Itch.io too but they are more formal games than the usual text) and don't buy or use anything from COG/HG (it's not like they own the market like idk Coca-Cola, the only good foothold they have is in the app store and general mobile store)

Not quite

2 years ago
I will just mention here that the Delight Games guy is pretty chill, and buying his library collection will not only get you some good games, but support a small independent CYOA company that still has its main focus on text and real writing.

And really a few successful independents to provide some healthy competition as far as commercial IF goes would be a much bigger deal than any number of failed rebellions.

Not quite

2 years ago
I actually bought their premium app a long time ago and thoroughly enjoyed some of their games (particularly Rogue's Choice, Wizard's Choice, and Detective's Choice). I've tried games on different platforms but, as of yet, choicescript is my favorite.

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Well done, you made your way out of the closet!

I'm Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago
It was a real labyrinth in there.

CoG is Gay. (Here's Why.)

2 years ago

Well I know some of the "rebellion" likes to fan the flames and collect info, so here's something that someone brought to our attention. It's not worth making a new thread over, so I'll just put it here.

Enjoy.

Link!

2 years ago
Lol. Surprised the mods are letting that thread just float around there. Either way, I'm quite happy just chillin' on my super toxic forum. ^_^

2 years ago

Does anyone have a reddit account?  A bunch of people seem like they might read Price of Freedom if someone posted a link to it