Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

What is your favorite Zombie video game? I am mainly asking for zombie flame war I am making a zombie video game. It's taking ages to make and that's why I put in two questions....

1) What is your favorite zombie game?

2) What are your suggestions for mine?(If it does become a thing)

So far I have to say Day Z and Left4Dead2 are my favorite. I love the horror in both, mainly DayZ, but I also love the zombie crushing team action in Left 4 Dead 2.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Mine would be Left4Dead or BO2 Zombies!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

BO2 was WAY better than BO3.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Oh hell yea!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

And........there, I'm a wordsmith!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Haha cheeky

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

It seems like you have been on this site longer........oh well. I like your storygame!

I'm feeling pathetic because I can't make a legit one myself.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Oh mine wasn't that good because I got a lot of negative feedback but I'm making a new one and it will take a while to finish it.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Does a specific Minecraft gamemode count?

(Minez to be specific)

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Never played that gamemode. I guess.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

It's on a server, but it's actually pretty well done.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Sounds good. Used to be a minecraft fan myself. I once made a whole halo-textured pack world with like every vehicle. Me and my little sister would play it together. So adorable!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

I've played it before. But barely anyone was on the server I was on. 

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Probably L4D2 or Dead Island.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Oh see that's the one other game I couldn't think of that I also like playing: Dead Island!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

I've never played Dead Island. Sounds really good though.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Yea it is!

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

The main reason I like L4D2(Other than team action) is the zombie specials. Does Dead Island have special zombies?

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Yeah. But I haven't seen any like L4D

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Spitters and Smokers are snipers. 

Chargers and Tanks are bruisers.

Crawlers and Jockeys are pounders.

Witches and Boomers are specials.

Tanks and Witches are Bosses.

Favorite Zombie Game?

8 years ago

Favorite zombie game? The Last of Us Remastered, even though it is not only zombies, I really like it. And there is plenty of zombie killing.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Phantom Fighter. It's also my favorite Vampire game, and my favorite ghost game, because nobody can figure out what the fuck catergory Jiangshi fit into.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Was that seriously worth reviving this thread? Though I suppose dead threads being necroed is fairly fitting here. 

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Wasn't Sent who revived the thread. Someone else did, and we all jumped in because "why not"?

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Ah, I rescind my point then.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

I'm sad my extremely sarcastic post was deleted along with the original reviver's post :c

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Would have kept the original post, but it was too retarded to leave up and Sentinel's recent post worked just as well as a legit act of necromancy.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

No Seto. It was totally my idea to revive the zombie thread. I am the punmaster, not Warriorcats Magoo.

I mean, I'm fucking lying, but boy do I ever want credit for coming up with a joke that egregiously contrived.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 4.

(Might as well xD)

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

The Walking Dead series (Telltale)

The Last Of US

Love TWD to death, impeccable story, fantastic characters and great visuals. Unfortunately, the game couldn't have too many different paths and dialogue because of money and time restraints, which was disappointing. Not to mention the clunky animations, which look even worse today. They got better in season two but not by much. Nevertheless, it's still an amazing game that's still worth playing today. In fact, part of the reason why I stayed on this site is because how much I love this game. Can't wait for season 3, I also need to check out TT's other games.

I like TLOU, the story is fantastic but the gameplay is sorely lacking in my opinion. I'll get TLOU 2 if it comes out, but I hope they improve the game portion.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

The last of us isnt really a zombie game. The enemies in it got infected by a fungal spore that takes over your body that only infected ants at first but then changed to humans. Still one of my favorites though.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

If the infected enemies are not zombies, what are they?

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

They are still humans, they just dont have control over their body.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

That sure is a mouthful. Isn't that exactly what zombies are?

Are zombies not empty husks of human bodies, overcome with animalistic impulses while leaving the original owners no control?

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

no, an entirely different disease caused the enemies in TLOU.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

So if someone's mind is overcome and erased, sending them into an animalistic state where their consciousness is non-existent, they aren't zombies?

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Well, according to the goverment a zombie is a person who has been infected with human zombie virus. You can find this info at the FVZA's website. I dont disagree with your statement, though.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

If they're still alive in anyway, they aren't zombies. 

The things in Last of Us are technically just crazy fungus people.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

The philosophical definition of a zombie is: a hypothetical being that responds to stimulus as a person would but that does not experience consciousness. 

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Zombies are not really undead. Its just that they only need their hindbrain to be alive. That is how they can survive while missing 75 percent of their brain.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Traditional magical zombies are.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Yes, zombies were at one point thought to be undead. All my current info is based on what is said at the FVZA's site.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

FVZA is just some hombres with a fake seal trying to impose their zombie rules on everyone else. Our zombie rules are different! Don't let some idiots with a decaying jpeg choose for you!

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

I thought State of Decay was cool, but it still needed some work on how the zombies spawned and having to fight other humans should have been included.

I probably liked Undead Nightmare expansion for Red Dead way better than entire games surrounding the theme. (Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, Dead Rising, etc.)

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Mine is definitley Telltales walking dead.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Plants Vs Zombies.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

I liked State of De-

*8 months ago*

Oh.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Telltale's The Walking Dead really puts you on the spot of decision making and it loves to get you attached to Characters just to kill them, (Ahem; I MISS YOU LEE!) but also the difficult decision making can really impact the story and determine who lives and who dies. A free roamer make your own story line like Day Z, and a hoard crusher like Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 mixed with Telltale's TWD and you have the greatest Zombie game ever. I just wish those Video Game companies would realize this...

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Wait, 8 Months? Crap. Well, I mean, a lot of other people replied to this, so I guess it's okay.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Normally, we don't necro (aka post in) threads that are a few days old or more. Anything beyond a week or two is getting sketchy. (The only exception are a few things like your own progress threads for writing a storygame.) This post was necroed by somebody whose comment is deleted. Nonetheless, people started posting since "technically" this thread is now not old at all.

To make this post still connected to the OP, my favorite zombie game is... um, I don't really play much of those. I played Day Z (both the mod and the one specifically created for being a game). That was pretty fun. I also like the plot and cutscenes from Last of Us, but I never played that game. I'm much too cheep.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

That's fine, the story is mediocre enough, the game isn't worth it by any stretch of the imagination. They managed to find a way to make the Uncharted engine even more generic and boring than it already was.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Honestly, I wouldn’t have that much of problem with necromancy since it usually isn’t so much the necromancy itself, it’s usually the necromancer.

Most of the people who are necromancing threads are idiots that don’t even add much to the original topic and are just spamming. Like the guy who necromanced this thread was a fucktard who couldn’t string two words together.

If it hadn’t been for the literate people on the site adding to the thread, I would have just deleted his warrior cat like post and this would have sunk back down.

The resurrected topic itself is fine and probably appropriate considering it’s about zombies.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

So, only necro a thread that pertains to necromancy itself? Good to know ;)

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

And if you have something good to add to it. XD

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

State of Decay 2 is the best zombie game ever.

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago
I would say Dying Light. Parkour + Zombies = Profit!

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

Unturned. It's free, it's somewhat addicting, and the physics and gameplay are great imo. (Or at least they're hilarious.)

Favorite Zombie Game?

7 years ago

All true statements.