Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Spring Break

7 years ago

My spring break starts Wednesday and I just can't wait. We had to make up this Monday and Tuesday due to snow days. I plan on going camping for a couple of days and to visit most of the caves here in Indiana. Anybody else doing anything for spring break? Vacationing? Partying? Maybe just sleeping in all break?

Spring Break

7 years ago

My spring break isn't until next month. :< I plan to sit my ass in chair and write. :3 Or read. Or game. Whichever I'm allowed to do.

Spring Break

7 years ago
Knowing my dad, I probably won't get much of a brake, instead, I will most likely have to do mreo work during the brake and work on stuff. Either that, or work on my Eagle Scout project.

Spring Break

7 years ago

^ True. Having no school only means an hour of mandarin lessons everyday and more housework on my part - for the reason that "I have nothing to do," when really, I have lots of stuff to do. >:(

Spring Break

7 years ago
Mandarin lessons?

Spring Break

7 years ago

Mandarin was my first language (well, that might actually be Fuzhou-nese, a dialect. Idk xD). English is my best language. Because mandarin (Chinese in general) is the most spoken language in the world, I must expand my mandarin knowledge because that will be good for me. T-T I would type something, but idk if it'll show up, and this computer doesn't have a Chinese keyboard, and my Pinyin sucks. :< Wo zhidao you henduo ren zai zheli hue jiang/zhidao zhongwen. Ni dong budong zhongwen a? xD As you can see, my Pinyin isn't very good.

Spring Break

7 years ago
Alright, if it was your first language then it makes sense. Was curious to hear a school student say they were (intentionally) studying mandarin during a summer break. Additionally, I only speak English, Hindi, and French so I have no idea what you wrote >_<

Spring Break

7 years ago

xD Perhaps we'll have someone translate. @Seto ? I wonder if he knows. xD
Oh, I did intentionally study mandarin over the summer without my parents forcing me. It was with Middlebury online. :3

I'm trying to learn some French too, but that's not going anywhere. :<

Spring Break

7 years ago

My mandarin sucks. I'm better at Cantonese, remember? But:

I know a lot of people here know Chinese. Do you know Chinese?

Spring Break

7 years ago

Wa, ni de zhongwen zun (?) de hen hao. Ni de pengyou jiao de hun hao. :D

I'm not even going to continue this. xD Maybe I'll just write/speak mandarin during spring break and hope I don't get banned. :p
And Cantonese characters are the same as mandarin and all other Chinese characters (can't say the same for Pinyin though). :3

Spring Break

7 years ago

Ooh, someone else who speaks Mandarin? Let's see...your chinese is very good (I think?), and then it's your friends [something] good. (Could be "also"?)

Bah, I haven't been to Chinese school in years. All I remember is how to say pen.

Spring Break

7 years ago

You're close. Translation: Your Chinese is really good. Your friend teaches well. :D

FOOOOO :D

Spring Break

7 years ago

Gah, I don't remember that. I remember lao shi though.

Umm...GONG XI FA CHOI

*runs away*

Spring Break

7 years ago

It's not new year though xD

Spring Break

7 years ago

You won't be saying that when we're celebrating Year of the Seto.

Spring Break

7 years ago

THE YEAR OF SETO!!!!!!!!!!! IT SHALL BEGIN ON APRIL 14, 2017!!!
(And Choi? Wuuttt xD I thought it was "cai" not "choi".)

Spring Break

7 years ago

It might be cai, chai, choi, kachoi, kayayachoi, choi suey, Chai Curry...who knows anymore. Jackie Choi knows. Or Jackie Cai, idk.

Spring Break

7 years ago

Choi is how it sounds in Cantonese. Rest of it seems strangely Mandarin however xD

Spring Break

7 years ago

^ Yeah. That sounds right. Even though I don't speak Cantonese, I'm stuck hearing it. -_- Songs, parents, movies. *sighs*

Spring Break

7 years ago

XD Osmosis. It's a good thing.

Spring Break

7 years ago

I pray to the god of osmosis before every test. :D Try it sometime xD

Spring Break

7 years ago

I pray to RNGesus before every multiple choice test, and hope that 25% chance of being correct works..xD

Spring Break

7 years ago

Pray to the god of Um Pao instead. You shall be showered with money befitting your grade!

Spring Break

7 years ago

Whenever will that be? XD

Spring Break

7 years ago

Today is the Persian new year you culturally insensitive bastard.

Spring Break

7 years ago

XD thanks. 

Spring Break

7 years ago

My Easter holidays also isn't for another few weeks, but I'm going to drink and take aggressive amounts of drugs like a normal person.

Spring Break

7 years ago

O.O *eyes grow wide* get high on whipped cream with me

Spring Break

7 years ago

For your sake I'm going to assume that's slang for ket or something rather than your downward spiral into obesity.

Spring Break

7 years ago
I had two weeks off between quarters at school. Spring break is next week; a week off. So to condense: 2 weeks off -> 1 week on -> 1 week off ("spring break") -> rest of quarter

At least I can get ahead in my readings for world lit and political science. Weeks are all fucked up now but who cares right? my google calendar is so fucking salty right now

Spring Break

7 years ago

I'm gonna be making puns and talking to my sock puppets.

Spring Break

7 years ago

Send us a video.

Spring Break

7 years ago

^ Yes, and I shall point and laugh.

Spring Break

7 years ago

I'm too lazy to make one, and Sober the Sock Puppet is very camera shy.

I'll give you this shit instead.

Spring Break

7 years ago

Still a better cook than my sister 

Spring Break

7 years ago

Lol you should see the sequel

Spring Break

7 years ago

My big plan for spring break, which is next month, is to march in four parades in one day. 

Spring Break

7 years ago

What parades? :0

Spring Break

7 years ago

I mean, it's "technically" one parade that takes place throughout the day in different towns. What could possibly be so important as to warrant four parades? Daffodils. Nothing but daffodils. 

Spring Break

7 years ago

Narcissus? :0

Spring Break

7 years ago

I have to catch up on my gaming backlog during this break. 

Spring Break

7 years ago

Saaame. My League scores have not been pretty. ;-;

Spring Break

7 years ago
because you don't play much or because you suck? O-o

Spring Break

7 years ago

Both? XD I don't play much, therefore I suck. After ~15 levels of Mastery 5, I only recently got Mastery 6 with Ahri. XD I literally play ~2 games a week though. :(

Spring Break

7 years ago

I tried League and it was pretty fun, but I just found myself getting bored with it for some reason.

Spring Break

7 years ago

Perhaps it's just too slow-paced for you - it's why my irl friends don't play (unless it's with me). Try ARAM; it's quicker. x3 Who did you play?

Spring Break

7 years ago

It was probably a bit too slow-paced actually. I don't even recall much about the game itself, but i did like Ahri. I'm a casual pleb, well aware. 

Spring Break

7 years ago

Sadly, my spring break ended on Sunday. For my break, I thought that trying to get my Bronze Cross would be fun. I was wrong. Very wrong. I passed and got my CPR level C, but now my whole body aches ;-;

Spring Break

7 years ago

i didn't even start yet fam