Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

The Dogs Challenge- Week 1-1,732

one year ago

Do not post in Morgan's thread.

one year ago
Finally, a challenge I can get behind. I expect the losers to be listed here every week.

one year ago

Yet another contest to lose

one year ago

Challenge accepted!

This might be the most CYS like challenge I have witnessed.  A challenge to do nothing and remain apathetic (or just plain old pathetic) in a thread.

Of course, now that you mention it.  I kinda want to post.

one year ago

Ok

one year ago

I accept the challenge.

one year ago
It's about time I stop procrastinating and do something. This is a tough one but I'm sticking to it, dammit.

For the next 33 years.

one year ago
@fresh_out_the_oven already failed and shamed.

one year ago

To be fair, I said that would happen

one year ago

Embarrassing.  Young people today have no understanding of the concept of apathy

one year ago
Can do.

one year ago

How about you do something actually constructive on this site?

one year ago

For once we agree on something, welcome fellow slothman

one year ago

So far 3 heretics have violated your decree.

one year ago
Yeah, I don't get it. If someone really, truly, for some unfathomable reason wanted to write something that happened to coincide with a prompt in that thread, they could always make their own. But they keep disqualifying themselves, the lazy slobs.

one year ago

They could be taking her ideas and making it seem like their own, fucking retards lol

one year ago

Or, they could just do this:

Library

To say it is impressive would be an understatement. The library is an indoor forest—brimming with lush, green canopies; books carved into the trees; fog swirling around the upper branches. Artificial sunlight casts a soft glow over the reading room. The second I step onto the grass-like carpet, the scent of earth and books blend into one.

“Welcome to the Wisdom Libraries.” The queen speaks with fondness. “It is home to the largest collection of books, writings, and scrolls.”

I do my best not to gape. There are books everywhere I look. Some are half-hidden in cages of flowers and vines—the restricted collections, no doubt—while others line the hollowed-out rock formations. Wooden signposts lead to entire sections of the library: non-fiction, fiction, advice, poems, spells.

Pretending to choose a path at random, I follow the route to a sparkling, clear waterfall. It sprays the surrounding rocks with blue droplets. 

“This is one of my favorite locations to read at,” the queen says.

I can’t keep the awe from my voice. “It is truly beautiful.”

After I’ve stared at it for a few moments too long, I tear my gaze away, turning my sights to the sign-post above. It points to spells for the elven, others for merfolk and sirens, and just as I’m worried I’ve taken the wrong path, I see it.

Spellsingers’ shore.

I take a step forward, only to realize the queen is staring. Oh no. She definitely knows now. I can almost imagine the inner workings of her mind, piecing together my words and actions. 

(This is an extract so more words and refining would eventually be added). 

one year ago

Heretics remain at 3

one year ago

Now it's 4

@TypewriterCat

one year ago

Don't tag me, you fucktard. I never agreed to participate in this challenge.

one year ago

I will tag who I want. But you showed up like a good kitty.

You don't have to agree, you are still a heretic.

one year ago

I'm not disagreeing, but the only person previously tagged was Fresh, who agreed to participate in this.

one year ago

Im just logging heretics, so I know who to burn at the stake.

one year ago

Take @Aldreda and @Petros while you’re at it.

one year ago

Yes, I have counted 4

one year ago

I should really read these threads before I post in them. 

one year ago
I will not be called a heretic. I would eat your flesh in revenge except this is the internet and I already made myself sick on corned beef hash and hominy

one year ago

You have violated sacred decrees blessed by the elders.  You are a heretic, and therefore must suffer.

one year ago
Let your inquisitors do their worst. Here I stand; I can do no other. God help me.

P.S. I’m gay

one year ago
Whoa. What a weird thing to say.

one year ago
Nope, solidly on brand.

one year ago

Why are you gay?

one year ago
Because that’s what the postscript says, obviously

one year ago

one year ago
While that is accurate, and to all appearances, my attractions haven’t changed, I can’t dispute the knowledge of the postscript

one year ago
It's refreshing that you admit it. I thought you were going to make some ridiculous and obviously false claim like "my post was edited" or something like that, and then we would all just be embarrassed for you.

one year ago
If I were to make that claim, it would be on the basis of “im” rather than “I’m”

one year ago
On closer examination the story in the thread was actually hilarious, so I commended it.

But a weird thing that literally can't be disproven is that I had to edit it just now to capitalize every usage of 'i' as a proper noun, and add apostrophes, because for some reason you did neither.

one year ago
You got me there

one year ago

Even posted in the vile thread, it was still worthy. 

one year ago

Being gay does not excuse the violation of posting in the forbidden thread.

one year ago
Well, usually it happens when a man discovers that he likes dicks, and assholes.

Petros has been hanging out on CYS awhile, so this checks out.

one year ago

Technically I agreed to NOT participate

one year ago

irrelevant

one year ago

I feel compelled to post in both threads out of spite

one year ago

Ah, but you are a true Jedi and a wielder of sacred power.  As such you are not subject to the decrees of mere mortals.

one year ago
It's just 33 years, guys. I can't think of an easier challenge. And yet I'm seeing so much failure to do such a simple thing.

one year ago

Understandable.

one year ago
A new week. Stay the course, people.

one year ago

1731 to go! Easy.

one year ago
Just a reminder of the absolutely vile shenanigans that went on in the Morgan threads. From the beginning this was nothing but a scam created by and for the notoriously slothful Wardens, and what's worse is they duped my fellow Sage Thara into enabling them.

one year ago

Fucking wardens. Never could fight fair and square. As soon as we get the "uncommend a post" feature working, they'll get what's coming to them.

one year ago
Damn, now my goal of becoming the warden king is even further from reality... But at least that evil Micropen didn't get any more coms. It speaks to the warden's sloth that the corpse of such a degenerate is still top 20.

one year ago
IronPanther sitting comfortably at #9 hasn't logged in in four years, and got most of his comms from a contest game he immediately took down.