Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Kids are getting bullied in school, but most don't know the half of it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

Post your opinions about this issue. And any bullies you've dealt with. 

This is so sad....

8 years ago

I have recently been bullied, for uh.....my race.

A few weeks ago a kid punched me- what happened next to him wasn't very pretty.

Well, at least he wasn't hurt that bad. That's pretty much the only time I've been bullied. I think I was when I was in elementary, but that was a long time ago.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Yeah. Race has been hard for me too. But I'm glad you're getting past that. 

This is so sad....

8 years ago

yes

This is so sad....

8 years ago

We got a badass over here

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Too many to count, and too many to remember. That's alright, though. I don't need them to keep me from doing stupid shit anymore because, thanks to them, I know how to give myself all the shit I need.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Oh Sent cheeky

This is so sad....

8 years ago

yes

This is so sad....

8 years ago

I get the feeling that's what your emoji for whenever I say something intentionally whiney/cynical/pragmatic and don't want to use words?

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Yeep.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

I used to get beaten up by this big  Jamaican motherfucker. He was in my grade, obese, had teeth rotting out of his head, and probably didn't have much of a home life. 

I remember that him and this other dude, who was a psycho Muslim (literally went off on people who talked about bacon/pork. the dude was nuts) used to make life pretty shitty for me. The highlight was when one of them grabbed my head and shoved it into a patch of ice a couple times. That kind of hurt. 

I ended up moving schools after that year. 

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Crap, man. Good thing your natural Capy-powers helped you. Empathy, nonetheless.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

I've had to deal with various types of bullies before, but IRL, I was more of a bully deterrent for friends. I was tall for my age and I built up muscle faster than many of my peers, plus, I was usually quiet. People who gave me the benefit of the doubt realized it was because I was a shy daydreamer with ADD. But if you didn't know me and didn't see me in my dorkier moments, apparently it came across as intimidating--which worked well back in my early years. I'd stare people down as if I was going to beat the shit out of them if they got too close, and they bought it. (Not that they were wrong--but I avoided actual conflict if I could help it.)  

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Oh, yeah, don't mess with thug Kiel! XD

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Hardly. Again, I was painfully shy and soft-spoken. (Not to mention pretty awkward.) I was just very protective of my friends. If someone tried bullying me personally, though... tbh, I didn't usually stick up for myself unless it got unavoidably bad or a friend got dragged into it.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Me in a nutshell, but short and a teeny bit louder.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Well at least you're not some jackass walking around and bearing people up. It seems like you were/are a sophisticated and intelligent person, but of course there are always going to be hard times. That's what life is, a hard time. You just need to ease into it- despite the turns and "rule benders"- and then you, will get rewards. Life is wonderful, isn't it laugh?

I think that was a compliment XD

This is so sad....

8 years ago

This is so sad....

8 years ago

XD

This is so sad....

8 years ago

This is my absolute favourite. I listen to this on a daily basis.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Im glad our school has a weight training program, that way everyone evens out. Or at the very least people think twice about things they do to one another. Just glad I go to a place where people stick up to one another.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

That video though, get's me every time. ;_;

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Didn't i show it to you one time?

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Yeah.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

The last fight I've had was primary school when I was about ten or eleven. I avoided fights and bullying since then by just not giving a fuck if I get called names or taunted. I've never been particularly big for my age but I think it's how I carried myself and reacted to things. My closest friends at school were, like me, the nerdy crowd, but I think it helped that I had a few friends who were 'cool' kids.

This is so sad....

8 years ago
Yeah, I've been bullied, for all the nerdy reasons and for the fact that I was very, very socially awkward. I never really got into a fight before (I wasn't that badass and most of the bullying was verbally). I remember some occasions where I've come close to fighting, including kicking my bully in the nuts. It just so happens that I can't aim when I try to hit someone... and that's pretty hilarious xD (Just imagine a tiny dude milling his arms through the air trying to hit somebody standing still.. Yeah.)

I've been bullied on all the schools I went to, for knowing the answer to that question, being too loud/too silent at the wrong times, having an odd sense of humor and later for the clothes I wore.

This is so sad....

8 years ago
I was always small for my age (in school), but now know that I was bullied in school because I was bullied at home.  If someone gets too aggressive now, though, all I have to do is make eye contact while slightly raising an eyebrow and they usually settle right down.  Of course, I'm bigger and stronger now, too, so that helps.  :)

(And most adults don't find fighting as rewarding...)

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Knew a guy that had a hot temper bad enough to get suspended over giving another kid a concussion (after said kid accidentally threw a dodgeball in his face), but when he did got bullied, he went straight to the teacher instead of actually fighting back.  Pretty funny after the fact that the bully got suspended for even longer than that kid.

But everything's funny with weed.  Happy 4/20?

This is so sad....

8 years ago
Yeah, it was pretty funny.

This is so sad....

8 years ago

Bullying at our school is low compared to that of other places, but it still happens. But usually you can put a bully in their place by tackling them to the ground in a game of footy and making them cry ^-^ Ah! Good times! It mostly happens amongst the girls though, as far as I'm aware, but thankfully there are many supportive and friendly people in our school. 

This is so sad....

8 years ago
The lesson I got from the video is never talk to government employees (school administrators).

This is so sad....

8 years ago

I'm bullied in one of my classes. The guy has probably been held back a few years and is fat as fuck. The teacher doesn't do shit, and it's really rather sad. I'm very tall for my age, and can be very intimidating (or so some of my friends told me) but the fat kid can just sit on me and crush my fucking spine...

This is so sad....

7 years ago

Not gonna watch the video, it's too long.

However, I did get bullied in my seventh grade year of middle school. It was just by this one kid though, he used to call me faggot and gay and a few other things. Funny, considering I'm actually pan, but didn't know it at the time.

This is so sad....

7 years ago

I absolutely love that video, I've seen it a few times. Really nice slam poetry.

As for bullying, I got bullied by everyone in my sixth grade year for just...being weird and a little overweight. People tried in middle school but when I didn't really give a shit because elementary school had made me depressed, jaded and apathetic, they stopped and just talked about me behind my back instead, something else I ignored. High school, I just kinda was there, but no one bullied me, so...cool?