Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What Happened To The Warrior Cats?

7 years ago

Not that the Warrior Cats were good. I personally hated the Warriors series. However, I remember many stories about the series. I left this site after a while, now I'm back. I see no Warriors stories. What happened? Is there a new rule or something?

7 years ago

Well, they made horrible fanfics, forum games, and more, so we CYStians, with the assist of the mods, officially banned their produce. So now our site is 100% WC-game free!

7 years ago

Oh, that's great!

7 years ago

Yep! There used to be many flame wars and fights about them and their kind, but now it is completely resolved. I, myself, began my journey here as one of them. I am no longer with them because of this reason.

7 years ago

Me as well. I changed accounts...and began to hate the Warriors series in general.

7 years ago

This is where WC has ended. Praise the mods!

7 years ago

Numbers aren't right.

7 years ago

Gotta agree with Mason. It's more 96%. A WC game eventually leaks through.

7 years ago

Eh, agreeing with Mason and Derp, but I'd say more of a 94% area.

7 years ago

CYS is supposed to be 100% WC free, but those who disregard rules (and proper grammar) still publish their degradations to the English language sporadically. I think 94% is pretty accurate (unfortuantely).

7 years ago

Thanks for the assist/confirmation, Wibbon.

7 years ago

Let's not ever grow complacent in their absence, though. WC free is not the same as shit free. The terrible WC stories have been replaced by terrible wolf stories and other assorted varieties of steaming garbage.

It's just not as obvious at a glance how bad it is anymore with the 1 stars being deleted after a few days now. But we must remember the lessons of the past and remain ever vigilant.

7 years ago

When was the last time we had a wolf story, though?

7 years ago

We get them all the time. They just get removed pretty quickly.

In fact it wasn't too long ago I was defending us all from a really terrible one some kid wanted to write and someone tried to raise a lynch mob against me for my trouble. But just another day on the front lines, just doing my small part keeping CYS safe from terrible animal stories so you all can sleep easy.

7 years ago
You're a true heroine.

7 years ago

Watch a summoning clip from Persona 3.

That's what we did, but with an actual gun. 

7 years ago

Well then, let me tell you the tale!

"The land Cystia, so rich and beautiful, so cultured and so proud was once a shining star in this world, welcoming people of all cultures and religions as long as they obeyed the laws of the land.

At the time our story starts, Cystia was a good land to live on, it's golden age had come and passed, even so, the lands prospered and welcomed new travelers all the time, leaving it's borders wide open... something which would cost it greatly.

At first, the WC came in little numbers and showed no real threats to the realm, but soon, they arrived in throngs, now plaguing and living off the lands that the Cystians had lived on since times immemorial... and yet, the mods and the people of Cystia kept a certain faith that the WC could become citizens of the realm.

However, it was soon proven that the WC would not stop their predations on Cystia and it's people. Soon, people started to see the futility of their efforts and pleaded for the mods to do something, however, the mods, still having kept faith in the WC refused to do anything against them.

However, the WC, thinking that the Cystians would try to banish them off these rich lands and strikes preemptively, hoping to incapacitate Cystia in one daring attack... not only did the attack fail horribly, but the Cystians retaliated and slaughtered them each time and they had to sue for peace... even though CYS won, the mods asked nothing of the WC and the invasion of the lands continued as it had.

However, relations would never improve between the two and it showed between the skirmishes between the cystians and the WC and it continued so until...

One of the Elder Mods known as the Banisher had enough and along with another Mod, they used their incredible magical powers and banished the WC from the lands in almost one day... and so Cystia was clean yet again, yet now it is much weaker than it had been, even so, the future looked bright for the nation.

7 years ago

Somebody keep this written down, and store it in a CYS archives! This story should live on, and spread to members of CYS 50 years later.

7 years ago

Virt was in the process of making one, but I'll never know if she finished... We can all ask her to stay and finish it when she next comes back.

7 years ago

Virt was a she?

7 years ago

Why do you think I hit on her? :P 

7 years ago
No idea, guy with a female avatar that totally does not act female. Ever.

None at all.

7 years ago

I was working with her on that... until she vanished.

7 years ago

We should totally make a storygame out of this. Keep it unpublished, so we can share it with the newbies as a "here's our history, hope you make us proud" thing.

7 years ago

Claw actually did try to make a "CYStian history book" here. It could be tacked on this.

7 years ago

Somebody make this.

7 years ago

I would make it, but I have no access to data threads before me, plus, many of the more interesting threads have been deleted...

7 years ago

There was a beautiful, beautiful purge. 

7 years ago
B&

/thread

7 years ago

Yeah, all the Warriors fans that were swarming this site decided to form a band and left us alone.

7 years ago

I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that.

7 years ago

I see a Warrior Cats game pop up on the Quest site now and then, so I think some of the refugees washed up there. About the same quality and general plot, but thankfully it doesn't seem to have caught on to the point of becoming a full blown plague. Probably because Quest isn't as easy to use and defeats their lack of opposable thumbs.

7 years ago

I believe that WC is awesome! The plot of those books has affected my life (even more than life itself!), and causes more emotions that any other series. IK that people have their own opinions, and all, but I love WC....

7 years ago

I don't think most people on this site have even read the Warriors series at all. They're not saying that the published series of books is bad, just that the fandom seems to be notoriously bad at writing their feline fanfiction (at least on CYS).

7 years ago

I agree. The fanfic and animations are terrible.

7 years ago

But...how? The plot is just...ergh. The "forbidden love" and "prophecy" parts are beaten to death. The characters are just bland, and most of the ThunderClanners are way over-powered.

...I really don't understand. But hey, it's better than the fan-fiction. It's nowhere near as godawful as that.

7 years ago

Ok, ThunderClan is overpowered cuz' it's the main clan, and the parts aren't really bland, the prophocies and forbidden love make it even better. Your loyalty lies with your clan. Not outside of it. (reason for forbidden love)

7 years ago

Just because it's the main Clan doesn't mean it has a right to be overpowered. That actually makes it worse.

And I'm fine with forbidden love and all that jazz, but not if you reuse the same plot over and over again. At that rate, it's not even forbidden love. It's just torture.

And yes, they are bland. Sometimes I imagine the same character in different bodies.

7 years ago

The warrior code had been broken so many times now that it's not even mentioned, and Firestar even went on this whole journey and it WAS NEVER MENTIONED. Ever. So either the multiple Erin Hunters got lazy, or they just decided to drop the whole "journey" thing altogether.

Also, there was one cat where even the authors got the original eye color wrong. And Scourge's collar color is not mentioned at all.

Lazy warrior cats.

7 years ago

Basically sums up WC. Good for younger children who can deal with fantasy violence, mediocre at best for older audiences.

7 years ago

*Face Palm*

7 years ago

Why so?

7 years ago
You just don't get it!

7 years ago

Exactly.

7 years ago

You're right. I've been a fool. Clearly, I do not understand the true meaning of Kitty Kitty Warfare *cough* Warrior Cats. Nay, it is more than just menageries domestic felines duking it out in the wild and pumping out kittens. It is more than just a stash of recycled plot twist.

It is a way of life.

7 years ago

You do not understand, Derp. The true meaning of KKW is moderate to low plot and disgusting, revolting writing. Kids are pumped to see the next book only to realize it is a fraud. Please, I encourage you to shred your CD and shred your book. This book series may never prosper.

7 years ago

Shut it, AYT! You, too, have strayed from the light of goodness and all things holy that is Warrior Cats! You've gone down the wrong path! To darkness!

Alas, few who leave the fandom return to the light. I have.

7 years ago

*cri* But, master!

7 years ago

Sshhhht!

7 years ago

The books I'm sure are objectively terrible and filled with a number of unforgivable writing sins when viewed by adults, but eh, I was pretty into Redwall as a kid so I kind of understand it. Kids just don't have the range of experience yet to have standards or recognize cliches. And when you get used to reading/liking a series, familiarity can blind you to the way they turn into cash ins with regurgitated plots the author is just joylessly cranking out to pay the bills.   

I'll still go on a nostalgia kick now and then and reread stuff I liked as a kid. The first three or so Redwall books hold up pretty well as kids' fare IMO, before the author started just going through the motions. Probably a similar situation for WC.

I ah, wouldn't go so far as to say it changed my life or caused me more emotions than life itself or whatever, though. That kind of reaction from bisesto, I'm not sure if it's worrisome or a little sad.

7 years ago

We drove the dirty fucks out of here and made sure it's for good.

7 years ago

They have been deleted from the site's memory storage.