Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Where will you be in 10 years?

7 years ago

Straightforward question: Where will you be in 10 years?

7 years ago
Straightforward answer: 2026

7 years ago

Haha for some reason this answer really made me laugh :D

7 years ago

Well, it is true.

7 years ago

Image that best describes me in 10 years:

7 years ago

In a hole, frying bacon, reading fanfiction educational literature.  EDIT: Hopefully getting into college, maybe with a gf or bf by then...

7 years ago

well if things go the way I want to...

Kieser university trying to,major in culinary

7 years ago

Dead from eating to much bacon.

7 years ago

In ten years, I'd like to be in 8th grade give or take a few grades. I wonder how many people don't understand what that means.

7 years ago

Am about to finish my master's degree, so I don't even know where I'll be in a year, let alone in ten... Also, thanks for giving me existential anxiety late at night.

7 years ago

In my body. (Well, I hope)

Edit: And hopefully I'll have a published story on this site.

7 years ago

In college. 

7 years ago

Hopefully I'd be financially secure. Oh, and in a nice house by then just to answer the question in a more literal way as well.

7 years ago
With any luck ... early retirement and continuous travel.  That's what I'm shooting for, anyway.

7 years ago

I feel like answering this question with anything naively hopeful would be jinxing the shit out of myself, so LOL, in all honesty, probably dead.

7 years ago

Hopefully I'll be living a happy life with a nice job and perhaps maybe a boyfriend (HA!). Hopefully, I'll be a good person in 10 years time, someone who I can respect and admire, and hopefully I'll have matured.

7 years ago

Living a dingy apartment trying to pay off gambling debts while dealing with shitty roommates whilst trying to survive through ebook publications through shitfest amazon.

7 years ago

See, I like this. A man with realistic expectations.

Now if you exceed them you'll get to be pleasantly surprised.

7 years ago

Getting passed around in a prison shower block, after a failed Beta Uprising. 

7 years ago

Coked out in the back alley of a McDonald's.

7 years ago

Bragging about how, even though my dick didn't work for most of my teenhood, and I spent the next 2 years after that abstaining due to moral and existential qualms, I still managed to get laid sooner than all the other fuckers in the room with me. And then the bronies would have to have me forcibly removed from their convention, presumably with all the ones who've gone and fucked actual horses sniggering at me, because they lost their virginity at 12 or 13.

And then presumably drowning the insecurities necessary to actually need to go and do that to an army of strangers for self-assurement in the nearest dive with a plastic bottle of Vodka next to the dingiest jukebox that only plays Johnny Cash.

7 years ago

.....that's, uh, different.

7 years ago

*choke*

7 years ago

Is that cringe or depression?

7 years ago

In a desolate place, trying not to get killed by the zombies infected with Toxoplasma Gondii and Cordyceps. it's real and it's coming! (the zombie apocalypse)

7 years ago

I have the odd feeling that you only learned about those on some sort of NatGeo BS hypothetical show that probably aired last week.

Toxoplasmosis is nasty, don't get me wrong, but T. Gondii has a weird-ass reproductive cycle that requires cat intestines, so it probably isn't the best candidate for cause of zombie apocalypse.

Cordyceps, as far as I know, has a long way to go before it can hijack mammalian brains.

7 years ago

#TheLastOfUs

7 years ago

And Cordyceps will probably never get that far, because not only will it require several freak mutations to survive for generations and require extremely specific circumstances, but Evolution works sheerly because the person who has the most babies wins, and so long as they continue to be able to turn bugs into mushroom popcorn efficiently, they'll never make man-zombies.

This TLOU shit is getting annoying. I almost miss the days when all the kids' bullshit came from animes like Corey in the House. At least that was better source material.

7 years ago

Well, that's what we have biologists for, fucking with the genomes of things that have the potential to destroy us ten times over.

I'm tired of zombies in general...

7 years ago

Maybe (?) publishing my first storygame.

7 years ago

I'm going to go with... dead.

7 years ago

That's a shame.

7 years ago

Meh, not really.

7 years ago

but all the things you could do.......*sigh*

7 years ago

Nah, life only goes downhill after your twenties.

7 years ago

B.S! that's not good thinkin! you need to go outside,go for a run and get some SUN! you'll see what life offers if you just have a good mentality.

7 years ago

Hmm... that's the shittiest advice I've ever heard. The same kind of sentimental nonsense put on a hallmark card.

7 years ago

woah, dude! we...that's it we can't be friends anymore...I can't be your friend, sorry........

7 years ago

We're... did you think we were friends before this? I'm pretty sure our only other interaction was me making a satire reference that went over your head.

7 years ago

I thought everyone was friends here at CYS. we're....you know.....like a big family right?..............right?

7 years ago

... no. Your optimism is painful.

7 years ago

Steve, please, do stop being rude. You're hurting little Timmy.

7 years ago

Timmy? my names Read4Ever!

7 years ago

Huh. That got dark quickly. Don't crush Read's optimism Steve, it's strange to meet an optimistic person on the Internet (except me of course) :D But yeah, given how much I smoke I don't realistically expect to live beyond my fifties or sixties unless I can find a beautiful and loving wife whose lungs I can steal while she's sleeping... don't ask how :D

7 years ago

Oh Lord, Will the Lung Theif.  0_9

7 years ago

Wat.

7 years ago
Not you, Timmy. Wrong Timmy.

7 years ago

No, Steve, she's actually right on this one. We are a family.

Of course, family is just a group of people who feel that they are entitled to your life and can persistently fuck you over with impunity.

7 years ago

I think that he got the idea from the fact that this site is relatively small. 

I would say, acquantinces more or less.

7 years ago

Dear God, I'd never insult you folks like that. 

7 years ago

In all fairness, though, anyone who's been consistently watching the things I've said here (and carefully straining out the obvious bits of roleplaying) knows more about me than practically anybody in my family.

7 years ago

Nah, there's a family heah. Jus becuz you ain't patta da Family don't mean there ain't one.

There is Family, and it runs CYS, if ya catch what I'm sayin'. Now, if ya want, you go over there to the guy with the bat. His name's Fat Fuckin' Tony. He'll tell ya everythin' you gotta know about bein' in da Family.

7 years ago

Penguin I can see you as one of the badass midgets in the Boston Mafia.

7 years ago

WOAH WOAH WOAH *Flicks out switchblade* You be tonin' it down with that M word, ya heah me?

We ain't a Mafia. We're da Family. Now you better clarify yourself or ya might not be able to form the "M" sound anymoah, if ye dig my shit.

7 years ago

Oi! Sent! Whatddaya think you're doin, you fokin dago?

He's under Our protection, so you best back up now, yeah? Don't want things to get bloody now, wot?

7 years ago

Ya don' want tings to get ugly do ya!

7 years ago

Oi dennao whoi wae seddenry tahned fram the Bustan mub inna tha Cockey mob, bat if thet's the case, oi'm leavin' boffavya fer the Australian coke runnas!

7 years ago

Hopefully attending university and studying for a health sciences degree.

7 years ago

wonderful, I hope it comes true.

7 years ago

;-; <--- in ten years will be in college majoring in Literature

7 years ago

awesome!

7 years ago

10 years, huh?

Provided nothing horrific happens to me, I expect I'll have a kid. Maybe two-three, but at least one. I'll be done with Magick Academy (woo! xD) and hopefully the rest of my current projects. Maybe I'll finish actually publish a novel like I keep telling myself I will one day, as proof that I haven't given up on all of my childhood dreams in favor of practicality. I'd also like to at least finish one voice acting project, because aside from writing and singing, I always thought acting would be a fun pursuit. 

7 years ago

Wait, you sing, Kiel?

Do you sing Blues?

7 years ago

>///> Yeah, I do. Not a lot in public anymore, mostly a rare lullaby to my younger patients (or youngest sister) and occasionally around my spouse now. (There was a brief stint with a band, and a few years of choir. The director gushed about me quite a bit, so ... allegedly I was pretty good... ^^;;)  

Well, I... can? It's not exactly my favorite style of music.

7 years ago

Really? That's a good skill, you know. Can get you to a lot of places.

So not only are you a writer, medical professional, and mod on a CYOS forum, but you're also a singer who was in choir and... A BAND?!

What was the band name?

... that last part was a joke, beeteedubs. Because your avatar... wasn't that good of a joke, in hindsight. Kinda vague.

7 years ago

*shrug* At one point, maybe it could've. I doubt it now, though.

xD I have a lot of interests. I'm a huge nerd which explains the love of literature, science, and gaming, but I also like music.

Lol, sadly, it didn't have a name--but it honestly didn't need one. Small community performances, that's all.

xD I wondered after the fact if that's what you meant, but at first I thought you just really liked Blues music.

7 years ago

Well, music is always nice to have around. Unless, you know, you're in a library or something.

What kind of music do you normally sing, then?

It was a bad joke. I apologize for the confusion. XD

7 years ago

Definitely. Always a good mood booster, imo.

Haha, well ... again, I have a lot of interests. Pop (multiple sub genres,) Rock (multiple sub genres, I really liked punk rock at one point) Country, (I am from Texas, after all) Alternative, (I can do Rap, but don't count on ever catching me) some Metal, exc.

7 years ago

Boy, do you sound like a fun guy! Do you have a favorite?

7 years ago

Mmm... out of the usual genres (as opposed to sub-genres) I'd have to say Rock, mainly because I've enjoyed it more consistently than the rest.  

7 years ago

Old school rock or millennial rock?

7 years ago

Both. I'm pretty open minded as long as I like how something sounds--hence me being cool with both country and rap, lol.

7 years ago

Oh, ok, Mr. ImHipWith Everything, what is your favorite rock song?

7 years ago

._. Favorite? Out of all of them?

xD But... but...

I'm too indecisive for that. I can tell you a recent favorite? ^^;

7 years ago

Go ahead! Give me SOMETHING! C'mon!

7 years ago

I've listened to this one while writing more than once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMSkC2PGyTs

7 years ago

Yeah, that's a good one. Breaking Benjamin always has good content.

Gotta say, though, I'm more into the Vietnam-Era Rock. Not to say that hard-rock isn't good, but GTA IV Lost and Damned got to me first.

7 years ago

Ah? What's your favorite song from that era, then? (Or, if you have my indecision issues, just show me one you really like. xD)

Edit: Oh, hey, "Dead or Alive" is in that game, right? Love that one.

7 years ago

Yup, that's a good one. Recently, I've been listening to "Renegade" by Styx.

Though, I've been playing a lot of "Highway Star" lately...

7 years ago

Was not expecting that, the opening somehow gave me chills there for a second. (I blame the concept of calling out to a loved one at the moment of impending death by execution and a good imagination.) Both good songs, I must admit.  

7 years ago

Wait, you've never heard "Renegade" before? Yeah, the opening reminds me of Bohemian Rhapsody. (God, I hope I spelled that right.)

7 years ago

That's the weird thing. I know I've heard the song before because the rest of it sounds familiar, but somehow I've never heard the first part of it.

(You did.)

7 years ago

There's also "Fortunate Son", "Have you ever seen the rain", "China Grove", etc.

7 years ago

No need to worry about him. It's always been my theory that the guy who's about to be hanged in Renegade meets an illusive accomplice and escapes the jail in Thunderstruck.

7 years ago

Me? In ten years? Honestly, with all the crime and not-good- things that have happened around and to me, I don't expect to live past 5 years from now!

If I DO live 10 years from now? At this exact moment? Probably at the receiving end of a gun. Or multiple guns. Maybe handguns.

7 years ago

Hopefully I'll have my own indie business going for my magic. I'll do a mix between paid gigs and street performances. 

7 years ago

Actually it's not all that straightforward. It depends if you mean physically where or where in your life/career/relationship status, that sort of thing.

Hopefully I'll have enough money by then to put a deposit on a house or something. I'll probably be back home in Britain, although I will be gone to Japan for a few years.

7 years ago

I'll be thirty, so I intend to be married and have a couple of children. I'd like to have expanded my family real estate holdings significantly by then. I could be getting into politics if the world happens to align with me ideologically in 2026.

7 years ago
Eh. Realistically? Somewhere in a mouldy basement behind my laptop desperately trying to get work to repay sky-high debts thanks to a wonderful little thing called college.

Hopefully, though, I'll be able to study something like game art or illustration then get an internship somewhere.

7 years ago

Sitting in my mansion, counting my money, playing video games.

Ego has shot through the roof, and I care not.

:)

Realistically:

I'll be in the future.

7 years ago

Ditto on the mansion thing.

I shall corporate climb, and/or be a supervillain.

Realistically: I'll get my comic done, make a smol amount of fame off of it, and maybe get hired by one of the game designing teams I've sent my application to. Or, if my dreams crash and burn, I can get a degree in telecommunications, or end up in a military branch.

7 years ago

Hopefully in the military, but by that I time I will probably be in a body bag.

7 years ago

I hope to be a singer/actress or a vet.

7 years ago

I really hope my indie game studio is making enough money by then that I'll have quit my job and be doing that full-time. I'll probably also either have kids or be planning to have kids in the immediate future. And maybe I'll have left the US for the UK or somewhere, but I'm not sure yet whether I really want to do that.

7 years ago

In ten years? ... Probably finishing the remake of Innocence Lost. cheeky

7 years ago
A remake, not a sequel? That sounds intriguing.

7 years ago

As in she finished all of them and now is giving them all remaster.

7 years ago

As in I'm currently giving the first game a re-master and I still haven't finished it after 2 years. (But perhaps in another 10) cheeky

7 years ago

.....Hopefully.

7 years ago

Should be just as cool as it already is!

Good luck with that!

reminds me i should probably try to make a story game

7 years ago

Hopefully getting admitted into a nice college, with a love life and online life. I hope to have a top rated storygame on here by then.

7 years ago

Hm. Hopefully, I'll be in college or working already. I'd like to do something with writing and/or art. Something like, story boarding, character design, animation, comic artist, illustrator, voice acting, or even an author.

7 years ago

Six feet under, hopefully.

Fucking hell, I'm a week too late.

EDIT: Truth be told, I really don't know. I definitely won't be able to get into a college, that's for sure, but I'll probably find some sort of job, maybe as a freelance writer or something else along those lines.

Or I could be a hardboiled loose cannon P.I. who got kicked off the force because he wouldn't PLAY BY THE RULES.

Or I could be a freelance writer, that sounds more safe.