Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

AMERICA DAY! (AKA: Yearly 4th of July Thread)

7 years ago

'MERICA! APPLE PIE! GUNS! FOOTBALL! BEER! TRUCKS! FIREWORKS! EAGLES! FREEDOM! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH!

*cough* Sorry, what I meant to say was IT'S THE FOURTH OF JULY!

Well it's still early morning, at least in 'Merica, so we can't go batshit crazy yet. The point is today is a day of freedom, beer, barbeques, and fireworks. Have fun today, 'Mericans. And to all non-'Mericans: you can go and do whatever it is you do in your country that might be better than sucks compared to 'Merica!

7 years ago

Happy Independence Day, Y'all.

7 years ago

I have a feeling that you helped him with HTML.

So, not only do I have to go through your profile and click the dragon for hours to get every little quote, but now I must also go through Chris's and do the same.

I hope you're happy.

7 years ago

Yeah, he provided me with a blank slate so that I could put the interchanging quotes on my profile (he gave it to me about a year ago; I recently re-discovered it in my notepad, and it's been on my profile for about two weeks or so. Changed the quotes to make it more 'Merican though).

7 years ago

No offense, but fuck you.

7 years ago

... But what did I do?

7 years ago

I have to click through your profile once I'm done with Brad's!

7 years ago

There's only like, six or seven quotes on mine. Even when I switch it back to normal, it'll still be a relatively small amount of quotes (maybe 29 or 30).

7 years ago

30 is not relatively small, Chris.

7 years ago

Compared to Brad's it is.

7 years ago

Oh, and also Ford has one of those on his profile, but you have to refresh the page. Get with the times, Ford!

7 years ago

Wat

7 years ago

*grabs at air* I want...

7 years ago

YOU DO NOT GET

7 years ago

Oh, hah, it's the American Dragon. I get it.

7 years ago

'Merica! FUCK YEAH!

7 years ago

In honor of freedom day, here are 10 inspiring quotes by famous Americans.

“Above all, my dick.”

“Walk softly and suck my dick.”

“There’s nothing to fear but my dick.”

“Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for my dick.”

“There is nothing wrong in America that can’t be fixed with my dick.”

“My dick, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.”

“Read my lips: suck my dick.”

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them suck my dick?”

“Honest conviction is my courage; my dick is my guide.”

“We will bring the terrorists my dick; or we will bring my dick to the terrorists. Either way my dick will get done."

7 years ago
Those would actually be rather badass quotes. SOMEONE GET TRUMP IN HERE NOW.

7 years ago

Careful, if you let your enemies suck your dick, they might bite it off! Or be amazed at it's size...

7 years ago

How did you put that flag background on the left? What sorcery is this???

7 years ago

No, you disgrace! You've used dark HTML magic! What hath Brad wrought?

7 years ago

'MERICA!

7 years ago

WOO! Time to wear all these highly American artifacts stolen using a time machine!

7 years ago

Get outta here, Scot.

7 years ago

You racist son of a literal bitch! Are you wearing boots made out of the leather that Teddy Roosevelt's boots would've been made out of if it weren't tailored to fit you when you went back in time? Are you wearing Bruce Springstein's jeans that were fashioned in much the same way!? CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD!? GENUINE COWBOY HOLDOUT CARDS!? THE HEADBAND OF RAMBO!? THE FIRST AR-15 AND THE FIRST HELL'S ANGELS JACKET!?

This picture alone is more American than you will ever be!... Also, I'm a registered citizen of Kansas, dick! 

7 years ago

Cowboy holdout cards, eh? Doesn't sound very genuine to me, but that's just my opinion. 

Kansas, eh? How do the wheat fields look like? :P

7 years ago

You wanna look Billy the Kid in the eyes and tell me his cards aren't real? I can take you back there if you want and he'll answer all your questions.

I don't know, I'm on the road most of the time, but my in-laws lI've there, and I get the most contracts from US citizens, so it works out.

7 years ago

...You're way too soft on this.

Also, you might want to add an eagle. Because fuck penguins on Independence Day.

7 years ago

Wow. That's incredibly ignorant. I'm not a penguin, nor did I immigrate to this country in order to suffer prejudice at the hands of those infinitely less American than I am! May Steve devour your greasy racist un-soul!

7 years ago

"I'm not a penguin"

I meant your profile picture. Unless...?

7 years ago

Wow. Woooow. Really!?

I'm a Penguinite! An Avian! There's a distinct set of a billion differences between penguins and Penguinites! You used to know this!

7 years ago

*flap flap*

7 years ago

NO FLAPPING! THIS IS A SERIOUS ARGUMENT!

7 years ago

Calm down. He's not the immigration office or anything.

7 years ago

*gasp* THE RETURN OF YOUR BEST PROFILE PICTURE! I HAVE LONG AWAITED THIS DAY!

7 years ago

Show him the door, please.

7 years ago

How many penguins do you have?

I want one....

7 years ago

I don't have any penguins, what are you talking about? These are all photographs of me, and I'm decidedly not a penguin.

7 years ago
We've gone over this how many times? You most certainly are a penguin.

7 years ago

Every time, you've been wrong, weed.

7 years ago

PENGUIN!

7 years ago

Dangit! You waited until I was sleeping to make your post!

I knew I should've posted at 3 in the morning instead of sleeping!

Yeah, yeah, but seriously, let's get weird everyone!

7 years ago

Thank you whoever put an American flag in the background! I tried (and failed) to do that.

7 years ago

Last I checked, there were 13 stripes, not 50.

7 years ago

Yeeeah... Blame whoever put the flag in the background. Mine was a different flag.

7 years ago

Better?

7 years ago

It's gray! All gray!

7 years ago

Welp. Sounds enough like "great" to me!

7 years ago

Why does every state celebrate Independence Day? I mean, I live in California, and we never had anything to do with the Revolutionary War. The only states that were involved were the original thirteen.

7 years ago

First of all: Yearly excuse for beer, barbecue, and parades. Why wouldn't you celebrate it?

Second of all: Why does all of France celebrate the destruction of the Bastille and the birth of democracy in their entire country? Only the peasants in that one town tore up the bastille!

7 years ago

I don't drink, I hate barbeques because it requires human interaction, and parades are stupid.

And I don't know anything about French culture. This is America we're talking about!

7 years ago

Because if there was no Independence Day, we'd all be celebrating "British Triumph" day while drinking tea and eating crumpets.

Also, why does everyone here live in California?!

7 years ago

I'm in new jersey

7 years ago

Have you seen Futurama, it wouldn't be that bad. And probably because California is the most populous state in the union. So it's more likely that you'll have someone from here. At one point when I was on this site, I was living in Guam.

7 years ago

Aman's from the opposite coast, I'm in the middle-west, Ayt's from Texas, Steve's an Ire, and Mizal is also in Texas. And Endmaster's undoubtedly in the backwoods of West Virginia. 

7 years ago

*stands up* And Chris is in Arizona! *sits back down*

7 years ago

Arizona is basically still California.

A drier California.

7 years ago

And more heat. And no beaches to cool off. Oh, and let's not forget the snakes, scorpions, and spiders. Seriously, fuck those guys.

7 years ago

I have a friend who went to Arizona for a week or two; when she came back she told me that Arizona was awesome. We Texans only have wet heat, unlike you. Arizona's more dry heat.

7 years ago

Tell her to try living here for eight years. It gets old.

7 years ago

Sounds great to me. Oh, by the way, if you want to know what Texas life is like, ask away.

7 years ago

I've lived in both Arizona and Texas. I will take Texas heat any damn day, and I say that not just for my comfort, but because this heat is more dangerous. It will kill you faster.

7 years ago

Yep. I had heat-related illness multiple times throughout my life. I live in Arizona. Also, Texas has actual green plants. Arizona has greenish plants

7 years ago

Okay then.

7 years ago

Uh, PA, though.

7 years ago

Oh, shush all of you.

It's just that I know, like, 4-5 people here from CA.

7 years ago

Im a born Californian

but I was raised in Idaho.

I live in Texas  now

7 years ago

You're thinking on a retarded state level. You're a citizen of America, and Independence Day was when America got freedom.

7 years ago

This is a guy who needed the reasons why Sociopathy is a bad thing explained to him.

7 years ago

Point taken.

7 years ago

I still don't think it's a bad thing.

7 years ago

Hannibal Lecter, BBC Sherlock, and other more "Pristine" examples of sociopaths are far from normal, and usually just the writer's excuse to write a character that's disconnected from other people and can do whatever in order to get what they want. Most people with APD act a lot more like, well, antisocial people, and are very grating in social contexts most of the time because they don't think like other people. Either way, if you're going to find an APD person who acts like a fictional character, you're a damned lot more likely to find someone who acts like the balding guy from GTA V and has trouble functioning in most parts of life that don't involve movie moments, because it's a disorder, not a positive personality trait.

As far as "Charming" and "Manipulative" goes, you do realize that, when they do it, they don't usually maintain their charm very well, right? Look at Ted Bundy. He was good at getting girls to ride in a car with him, but he generally couldn't keep up the facade, and then he killed them. The serial killer who went on the Dating Game and won was able to convince a girl to go out with him in that social atmosphere, without even showing his face, but they split after one date because he was he came off as incredibly creepy in a one-on-one social context. Even people who manipulate others for years were usually relying on one bit in particular (Continual, repettitive encouragement, plain bullying, money, persistence, etc.) and weren't (or couldn't) get it to serve to any particular end, rather they did it compulsively because they could, wasting everyone's time, generally hurting other people for no apparent reason, and wounding their own reputations and social lives irreparably whenever they were caught.

It's called a disorder for a reason: People with APD generally don't function very well, certainly not as well as most people without it.

7 years ago

You referred to Trevor as "the balding guy from GTA V", so your opinion is invalid.

7 years ago

I wasn't planning on using fictional characters as an example (well, I know I did then, but that was some time ago). I don't think it's bad in and of itself. They lack empathy and the rest of that emotional stuff (at least more so than most people) which increases their tendency to act out. Still, there are plenty of people with APD that live fairly normal lives and don't participate in negative behavior.

7 years ago

*unwatches

7 years ago

*places hand over chest* I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

To celebrate let's drink, launch fireworks at each other, and if someone loses an eye, let's laugh at them!

7 years ago

The flag was made in China, so you just pledged allegiance to China.

7 years ago

The American flag backgroud is a pretty hilarious touch.

7 years ago

I'm not American, and it's the 5th of July here, but happy 4th of July anyway.

7 years ago
*tips fedora* m'erica

7 years ago

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of some phony commie's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own freedom

7 years ago
Happy 4th, y'all!

P.S. Working at Wal-Mart sucks!! (Too many ppl in the store, geesh...)

7 years ago

My spouse would be able to offer you boundless sympathy in that regard. Apparently working there was a traumatic experience.

7 years ago
It pays pretty good, but yeah it's definitely a stressful job. I am the only associate for three different departments. I basically run back and forth across the store all day... Trying unsuccessfully to keep customers happy after they usually have to wait for me to get there from the other side of the store. It sucks.... Lol

7 years ago

I was working too.

P.S. Kroger also sucks. I wish I could get what they pay at wal-mart

7 years ago
Aww, don't say that.... I have been trying to work at Kroger for awhile now. The only reason I even went to Wal-Mart is because the pay is better. I would so rather working at a grocery store.

7 years ago

It's just the current management at my store. They are constantly giving me tasks and not letting me do my job. My original hiring manager was great though so maybe it'll get better. Still the pay is minimum so there's that.

7 years ago
Well, I hope it gets better for you. I can't wait for back to school to be over, because I'm going to be transferred to the front of the store and most likely promoted. I can't wait.... Two of my departments were super busy today... Ugh.

7 years ago

Good luck to you too.

7 years ago

Happy America day, other gun-loving and burger-eating fucks.

Night was kind of boring for me. Can't even see the fireworks where I'm at.

7 years ago

Aaaaaand now it's not 'Merica day. At least not in Arizona.

7 years ago

'Murika

7 years ago

I waited for hours yesterday and all i seen was A sparkler, screw oldtown maine!

7 years ago

Rained all night, so no fireworks, but oh well. Happens.

7 years ago

Fireworks went off until midnight. 

7 years ago

All I did was experience a small shower of rain, go to WalMart and come back to see a few people attempting to set off firecrackers.

So yeah, nothing much.

7 years ago

Considering people are sharing what they did, I'll let you all know what I did: I stayed up all night on the third, either replaying Mass Effect (in preparation for Mass Effect: Andromeda) or staying on the site. Then I went to bed at like eleven or twelve in the morning and then I woke up at around midnight. So basically I spent all of 'Merica Day sleeping and missed the fireworks. 'Tis a pity.

7 years ago

I think this was the shittiest 4th I've ever experienced. A bunch of guys in the neighborhood had sparklers, but since fireworks are illegal in California, I could barely even sneak good ones from the store. They didn't even go off into the sky!

7 years ago

*points to post right above this one* I think mine was shittier.

7 years ago

Nah, you got to play video games! I stayed outside hoping for booms.

7 years ago

Yeah, but the vidya had clunky combat and a shitty autosave (I died and lost over an hour of work because the game didn't autosave at any of the loading screens). And that's not mentioning the FUCKING MAKO.

7 years ago

This is what I did,

Image result for spongebob absolutely nothing patrick

7 years ago

I just liked the fucking renegade actions in 2.

7 years ago

Like throwing the guard out the window in that mission on Illium.

"I have nothing more to say to you." *throws dude out window* "How about goodbye."

7 years ago

*Plane arrives in Tucson, my family drives home. I get on the computer. I see this thread, and realize that my Fourth of July was spent in Ukraine.*

7 years ago

*shakes head*

7 years ago

I got really sick in Ukraine too...