Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
No Pokémon Go thread?

Anyone play? Thoughts on accidents and injuries caused by the game? Teams?

I got it yesterday and I'm playing at night (EST) so the servers aren't fucked. The downside is I've met no other players and the only gym in town is controlled by another team (team Instinct...I'm on team Valor).

Git gud or die is pretty much the phenomenon of natural selection via Pokémon Go. I'm probably going to head up to Atlanta or down to Tallahassee some day to git rly gud and fuck their gyms. Valdosta isn't really a hub for the game.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Picked team Mystic.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

So far it is not available in Canada so I can't play but I enjoy the stories of stupid things people do because of it.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I downloaded it because of all of the hype. I don't really find it too fun plus I feel this is a conspiracy to eat through my data plan. Heard about some kid finding a dead body while playing though. Wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up dying from this game as I've already seen/heard of multiple people playing it while driving.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Don't have a data plan on my phone so yeah.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
I don't have a data plan so I can only play it at home. Unfortunately I live in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I'm in Canada so it's not out, but I have an American account from when I lived down there so I picked it up. I enjoy it...I'm amused by how many stops and gyms there are in areas that are frequented by teenagers. I enjoy it but mostly it's just kinda silly and fun to mess with when I'm not home.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I've been playing it along with my boyfriend.

We have a big event for two weeks out camping with little shade, so walking in the summer heat is nice for getting ready for that.

Its pretty fun.

My area has six pokestops and three gyms within a mile of our houses. It is filled with caterpies, weedles, pidegys, zubats, spearrows, and some water pokemon along with some psychic pokemon. There seem to be a few areas with fire or ground types too.

I haven't checked farther afield yet.

I wonder what my college campus is like.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I don't have it in my phones store...

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Team Valor, m8. Thankfully, the closest gym is also Team Valor.

What I find amusing is how every time I go to the closest park, I see pairs or groups of people playing Pokémon GO. Literally everyone.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Went downtown with coworkers, three of us playing. Got asked twice, by random strangers, what team we were on. XD

(I'm only level three and don't actually have a team yet. But I'm gonna go with yellow to defend the gym nearest my workplace with my coworkers. They apparently chose yellow because it's the least popular, and therefore more challenging.)

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Whenever I download it, I'm just gonna refuse the starter pokemon. Fuck that common shit, everybody gets one of those! I'm going to save my balls for valuable things, like zippy little rats.

In all honesty, blatant easter egg references aside, it's about as fun as throwing painted baseballs at all the trees in your neighborhood and hoping birds will come out. It gets old after a while, and I'd much rather go to my neighbors' place and throw painted baseballs at their cows. At least there's a guarantee that I'll encounter an adorable animal and throw shit at it. And then I'll actually be able to do shit with them, like running away from angry cows!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Game is useless in my area, one because I have no data nor a touch phone, and two because the area is fucking barren XD

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

You can no longer catch Pokemon in Auschwitz.

I have zero interest in the game itself (wouldn't play even if I did, lol at giving a game full access and control of my email and phone and all private info) but watching the fallout it generates is greatly entertaining. I read a long complaint about how playing it was just 'another privilege white people take for granted that would get black men killed', and it's supposedly being used by muggers to lure in victims.

People keep trespassing onto private property, even cutting fences and shit and someone is absolutely going to get murdered over this game if they haven't been already.  It's kind of amazing to me all the issues that weren't even considered, it's like they were designing this game for an alternate, less shitty reality.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
Natural selection by pokemon go is fine by me tbh.

"full access and control of my email and phone and private info" you mean like everything else? Privacy doesn't exist :P and I'm like 99% sure that a pokemon game won't turn your phone into a bomb or a transformer via GPS and email information.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Giving some random game the ability to use your phone to send emails to all your contacts and browse your photos is a bit much. They claim it was a mistake and Google will fix it but lol at hundreds of thousands of people going 'you want complete control of my phone? OK anything to collect imaginary rodents'

They should've tried for full access to their first born child, I'm sure they would've gotten it.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Considering the fact that the majority of Pokemon's audience at the time (at least, those of first-born-child-having age) were "90's kid" neckbeards and the like, asking for ownership of a firstborn child would've been a lot like asking for ownership of every other weekly billion dollar paycheck.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

That's disappointing. What better way to honor the holocaust than capturing the ghost pokemon of dead Jew pokemon?

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

That is an interesting point. If Water pokemon show up on/around lakes, and grass pokemon show up around forests and stuff, where do you get fire and ghost pokemon?

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Volcano.

Auschwitz

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

[14:49] <@Axiom> did you hear that someone caught a Koffing in the Auschwitz gas chambers or something

[14:49] <@Axiom> I fuckin lol'd

I did too but then I felt bad about it so I am absolved.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Wait, really? That's awesome! I gotta visit Germany some time in the future!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

0_0

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Well I mean it was a random spawn. That makes it funny. If it had been placed there intentionally, it would be terrible.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

You find ghost Pokémon at night.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

.......okay, that's not very smart.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Yay! Let's go out pokemon hunting right when all the molesters are sitting in their cars putting out lures!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

"Hey, kid. Want some of my smelly jelly?"

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

They're in the van with no windows parked in that empty lot a couple blocks from the elementary school.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

You get fire pokemon on sunny days and ghost types at night and in cemeteries I think.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I think Filthy Frank got it right on this one. Pokemon Go  is just a more interesting way to watch people get run over while looking at their phone. Also business definitely are using this to attract people into the store.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Papa Franku always gets it right.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Yep. I know three people that play the game. All three have walked into walls and poles multiple times as they played the game.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

What, Did you expect Papa Franku to be wrong? I'd say that's blasphemous. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I don't have data.....so yeah, that sucks.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Huh, that's funny. I downloaded the app (but obviously I can't go outside of my wifi), and the nearby reservoir (literally RIGHt next to my house) is a water-spot. Why this is funny is because they scratched the idea of the reservoir, due to the drought, so that means it's empty.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

XD

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I'm actually in Wisconsin right now, not in my usual small town in California.

I went to the zoo with my family and a friend the other day, and noticed a particular group of trainers.

Atone point we bought ice cream in this food court, so I went to use the bathroom. Apparently, there were two trainers in separate stalls. One of them asks the other: "Find any Pokemon on the toilet?"

My brother and I look at each other and hold in our laughter.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I've barely gotten to play it. I just hope it's not too overhyped.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
I tryed to play Pokémon Go but its totally inaccessible on iOS with the use of VoiceOver, in Android, I dont know

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
As far as I know, you can't play Pokémon Go with VO enabled. There's a topic on the audiogames forum, you can check that out. It has some tips about how to play Pokémon Go if you're blind. The game isn't fully accessible though.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
Yes. My problem is, Pokémon Go isn't in the mexican App Store. I created a ID from the United States, but when I close my session with my normal ID, it deletes all my music from Apple Music. I still have my library, but I need to download all, again

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Despite everything I'm actually kind of tempted to try this out, but I don't like walking in town and would just get hit by a truck or something. Every thing is so spread out here anyway, too bad it's not viable to play just walking a round vs walking to specific places.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Well, if you wanna play it, you better do it soon before everyone gets bored. I give this game a life of about two weeks. I started a week ago and I'm already basically over it.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I doubt I will honestly, it's just a liking of scavenger hunts and thinking it might be fun to see what other complete dorks live in this town. I don't know too many people IRL who are into gaming at all.

The game itself looks pretty meh, though. Like, I'm still not clear on what there is to even do once you catch the things. The older versions had a lot of charm and were addictive, I'm not seeing too much appeal to this one beyond the capture gimmick.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Sorry about your life decisions. Mystic is clearly the superior team choice.

I started last Saturday and am L18 now. Getting pretty bored tbh. I wasn't going to play at all, but when I saw what a huge social phenomenon it was, I felt left out and decided to give it a shot. It's really awful as a game, but it's cool as an excuse to go outside and hang out with nerds.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

*smashes self to wall* I dont understand Pokemon anymore.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Don't worry about it, just keep smashing yourself into the wall and eventually you'll understand it completely.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

the wall has broken. What do I do now? I still dont get it :/

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

You've now entered the second phase of understanding. To complete the process, you must wear large gloves full of ball-bearings and punch yourself in the face until it becomes clear.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Where do I find these... ball-bearings? I don't think it'll work though. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

It's fine, beating yourself with a wrench works just as well.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

You actually think im self harming enough to use metal to injure myself?  Im puzzled over pokemon go but that's not worth harm for.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Just humor me. I'll sleep easier knowing that Mecha Hitler's cat-eared child bride is being beaten with a wrench.

Seriously? Metal is where you draw the line? Have you even hit yourself with a blunt metal object before? Damn sight better than a sharp wooden one, which you would get by breaking a wall with yourself. Chrissakes, kids these days don't know what pain is.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

... You won't be able to sleep well once I'm finished with you kehehe

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

ifyouknowwhatimean

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I don't sleep well, period. The world is just upsetting. But, y'know, there are things we can all do to make it a less upsetting place. And you can start by finding another wall to throw yourself against... Because Pokemon Go needs to be understood.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Got the app, played around with it and got bored. I think the has a lot of potential.

Also, a lot of the people playing are just stupid if they aren't paying attention to where they're going. I know that it's mostly kids, but still.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
Lets tryit

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Never heard of it before. *reads through the thread* Well, that explains it. I don't have a touchscreen phone.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/florida-man-shoots-at-teens-playing-pokemon-go-outside-home-w429546

It starts.

LOL, this guy is an idiot and I hope he gets arrested. You see a suspicious car parked outside your house you don't go and approach it, and even if you think you just got robbed you definitely don't start shooting wildly after it. He's lucky he didn't kill anyone. Who are these fucking idiots who think their neighbors' houses have bulletproof walls. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Why is it always Florida?

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Because Florida is an accursed land.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
I'm always surprised it's not Mississippi.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

The game is very stupid in my idea. Few games has caused such chaos, and destruction in the world. People dying in car accidents, kids wandering into the streets and getting hit by cars, people wandering into police stations, sex shops, hospitals, ect. a kid found a dead body, a girl got locked in a graveyard, and a guy was stabbed when he asked a gangster where a pokémon was. 

So while I was listening to the radio they talked about a new group. It's called Pokémon GO fuck yourself. I joined, and you can too! You don't even have to download it! All you have to do is when your friends tells you to get the game, or asks you to go hunting for pokémon, all you have to do is say "Go fuck yourself." its that easy! I joined, you can too!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

This sounds even stupider than the game itself.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I think that was the point. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

i think I'll pass, doesn't sound like Pokemon Go is that much of a big deal for something like that.

I'm also new to this.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

:/

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Fuck me, did Pokemon kill your dad or something? Don't shit yourself about it, it's not like its some new menace.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Its a game that has killed, and harmed people since day 1. I just find that completely bizarre. Besides it was a thing on the radio more as a joke, but still, I don't like that game.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

If it was a joke, why did you even bother joining in?

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Because I could see people doing something like that. I mean I didn't think of that. Maybe I will use that whenever my friends mention that game.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

So now you're among th game for something you could just see potentially happening. You're a dumbass.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I think everyone is among the game. I don't own it or play it, but see my friends play it, and today with the lady going through the drive through. She stopped talking mid order to play... 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

My mistake, I meant to say blaming, not among. Kindle auto correct.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

What do you think I'm blaming the game for? I'm obviously missing something. The people dying, and getting injured, and lock in graveyard's is true. And the cause was the game. And their stupidity I mean you have to be a little stupid to get yourself locked in a graveyard. Or get stabbed, and then continue to play the game and only get help AFTER he finds the pokémon.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Yes, these people are stupid. And this stupidity would've just manifested in other ways that led to them being harmed, as it does with other mobile games, or just not paying attention. To blame the game would be as absurd as blaming cars for a guy not paying attention on the road and crashing, rather than the stupidity of the guy himself.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I just think that without the game their stupidity wouldn't end get them severe consequences. True little kids have always been wandering into the street because they don't know better, and people do get stabbed, but this incident reports have gone up since the game was release (I believe, I will have to do my research on that). The cause, the person being distracted by the game. These incidents have always been there, but now the game is turning level headed, logical thinkers into the common idiot that goes running into the road, or the bad side of town at night. I'm not saying all this is entirely the games fault, this stuff just happens anyway, It's just helping people hurt themselves faster, or being the cause for them getting hurt. You have to think that not everyone of these people are stupid. They just get caught up in the excitement, and forget that they have to watch for traffic and before they realize it, their in the middle of the street with a car going to fast to stop in time. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

People always die and get injured due to their own stupidity, you just hear about this because it's a new social phenomenon and it's mildly funny.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I'm calling bullshit, the incidents of people getting hit by cars or stuff like that have not gone up, or at least not in Amy numbers that are in anyway significant. Furthermore, no level headed logical thinkers are being turned to fools from this game, that's nonsense and you've no evidence for that. No intelligent guy is paying more attention to Philemon than he is the road, or anything else. To blame the game for this is as bad as blaming the cars, or the road system itself, both of which are as at fault as pokemon. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Philemon! Now THAT would be an interesting game.

Necrophile I choose you!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
The potential for something going wrong should never be the sole reason for being against it (unless it's made for toddlers or something, and even then there's a pretty large leeway since toddlers are alien creatures and they can't tell that their finger's gonna hurt if they jam it into a hole). Otherwise you'd never leave the house. You can apply the same logic to pretty much every other product, alcohol as well. If you have a friend who had a case of food poisoning when overseas, you wouldn't just not eat food if you travel overseas. You might be more careful, but that is the consumer's responsibility. I also don't believe there have been more incidents to a significant scale - you're just hearing about it cos it's more entertaining than 'guy trips whilst looking at his phone when walking' or 'drunk guys get hurt being drunk'.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago
That's really not the games fault... blame the player not the game. I also don't see how finding a dead body can possibly be a bad thing, but hey. You know it's also gotten people together, kindled friendships and relationships, right? I've heard that it's helped some people with anxiety.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

"I also don't see how finding a dead body can possibly be a bad thing, but hey."

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Eh, the dead body would have been there regardless of the game. It just got found quicker because of someone playing the game. I would think that is a positive in helping with the investigation. The only negative is you just found a fucking dead body. I imagine that has to be at least a little traumatic.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

It really hasn't harmed people any more than anything else does. If people's stupidity is enough for you to say that a thing is bad, when the idiots would've just found something else to do that would've got them hurt, and this game is actually encouraging exercise and getting out into the world, you're a moron.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Well, enjoy masturbating over your sense of superiority. 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

So people were stupid. Okay, fine, that doesn't make it a bad game. The fact that it's not particularly fun or very well designed makes it a bad game. Hell, if idiots get killed or injured, that's good. Then it's a learning experience and everyone's better off for having heard the tale!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I'd rather wait until Sun and Moon is released. :D 

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Two nine year olds got in a fight on the sidewalk of the nearby mall. One complained they wanted to go one way, and the other wanted to go the other way. They eventually started sweating at each other and muttering terrible white trash names.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

*swearing

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Nope! They were sweating at each other. Like a water attack, but lame and gross. :3

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Squirtle used splash attack!

Sorry to disappoint, that wasn't the case.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Dammit. xD But the mental image was funny...!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Nine year old uses Swearing!

Other nine year old's Defense has decreased!

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

It just reached Ireland, and its exploded here. I was texting someone while walking and a group of kids just surrounded me to ask if I was playing pokemon.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

Wait, so this game actually is basically a real-live Google Map +. Must download.

Pokémon Go

7 years ago

I recommend that you hunt Pokemon with a friend, who's knows what you'll find outside.

(if that's what you're planning to do with Pokemon Go.)